Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,288 members, 7,864,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:59 PM

Young Nollywood Act Are After Fame Not Industry's Growth.- Mike - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Young Nollywood Act Are After Fame Not Industry's Growth.- Mike (665 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Announces Launch Of MZTV, Nigeria's First Christian Movie Channel / New & Young Nollywood! Regina Daniels Vs Chinenye Nnebe In New Movie! / Why Cant Nollywood Act Films With Some Seriousness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Young Nollywood Act Are After Fame Not Industry's Growth.- Mike by Mayor21(m): 10:35am On Jul 16, 2014
Nollywood actor, Mike Ezuruonye, has attacked new acts in Nollywood, who he described as fame seekers rather than craft developers.

According to the actor, the movie industry is developing especially with quality sounds, compared to what was obtainable in the past. He also stated that cinemas are helping to fight the menace of piracy.

He noted that in the midst of this development, up and coming acts are not ready to develop themselves in the craft; rather they are after the fame.

The actor also explained that the reason why it looks as if he is no more in the industry is that he selects the kind of scripts that is brought to his table so as not to offend his fans with some kind of movie roles.

“I’ve been very selective with the movies I feature in now. You’ll get to a level you have to be careful the kind of roles and movies you accept and still not offend your fans because you own them a lot of allegiance. So I believe I should be acting in movies that will put me in a better light and help take my career forward to the next level,” he noted.
http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/28066/1/young-nollywood-acts-are-after-fame-not-industrys-.html

Re: Young Nollywood Act Are After Fame Not Industry's Growth.- Mike by sholay2011(m): 7:32am On Jul 17, 2014
He should shut the fvck up.

He was also interested majorly in the fame in the early days of his career. ..

It's after carving a niche for himself with 'trashy alaba movies' that he's now 'careful of the scripts he selects'.

My point- when he was new, he was no different.

New actors oh, old ones sef, they all need to step their games up sharply.

Someone that has a right to talk in this context is Nse Ikpe Etim or Omoni Oboli. They've been quality-focused actresses, not minding if they aren't as 'popular' as their counterparts.

(1) (Reply)

Which Animation Character's Powers Would You Love To Have / Terminator: Genesys (2015) His Is Back (schwarzenegger) You Will Love It / Vote Ur Best Season Film Of D DECADE........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.