Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State (4248 Views)

See Photos Of Soldiers At Capital Oil Station + What They Did To Two Customers.. / APC Drags Patience Jonathan To ICC / APC Drags PDP to Tribunal Over Fayose’s Election as Governor of Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by ibietela2(m): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
koboko69: Good move. If those soldiers were deployed to assist thier brothers in the NE, it will have had positive impact.

80, 000 soldiers in one state? What about the ones already there?
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by koboko69: 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
ibietela2:

80, 000 soldiers in one state? What about the ones already there?

Is it only one state that is under SOE?
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by ibietela2(m): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
Demdem:

If that is what it will take to uproot evil boko and bring our girls back, so be it. I give the generals such discretion to make the call.
Guarding polling booths is beneath them I insist.
Let it be noted that this practice didn't start from Jonathan administration, obj also used soldiers and it's highly condemnable.

Now you are talking, but that won't be possible, because they will be needed elsewhere

Thank God he didn't abuse me.
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by ibietela2(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
koboko69:

Is it only one state that is under SOE?

Ohk I forgot, all the 36 States.
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by koboko69: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
ibietela2:

Ohk I forgot, all the 36 States.

This one is not well undecided

Next!
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by ibietela2(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
koboko69:

This one is not well undecided

Next!

So 80k soldiers should be sent to 3 or 4 States? So that you will complain again.
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
@APC so the incompetent, Jonathan is now competent and wise ehh
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Amanwulu1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
sudenly, military as security persennels in an electn has become an issue cos apc lost ekiti. Where were they when they won edo? I see.

8 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Demdem(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
ibietela2:

Now you are talking, but that won't be possible, because they will be needed elsewhere

Thank God he didn't abuse me.

Elsewhere like where? No foreign or local aggression against the Nigerian Nation except rascals called massob and evil boko. For massob, police is doing a good job so we are left with evil boko.
The primary responsibility of the military is to fight this aggression and not ensure good elections.

Take note, demdem don't initiate insults on NLers

1 Like

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Zionope: 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
DebateNigeria: There is no guarantee that the election will be peaceful without the military. We need strong evidence that military was used to rig elections before we can stop military presence in elections. Edo, Anambra, Ondo and Ekiti all had military presence (reason why there were no post election violence).
If the heavy presence of armed personell will make our election free and fair, then how do we expect to achive a free and fair exercise during d general election? I'll assume u know how many were deployed to ekiti, now multiply that by 37. And talking about FREE and FAIR, though I'll agree with u the election was violent FREE, but can u tell me what is FAIR in arresting some big names from a particular political party a day b4 election why other political parties were left on touched? And even on the election day, according to what pple posted here on nairaland; d 3 big parties in the game were sharing money, but those arrested for such practice are of a particular political party, do u think dat is FAIR? And here we are talking about a FREE and FAIR election.

1 Like

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
They can continue to waste their times 40,000 soldiers will definitely be in osun on the day of the election.Any APC thug that wants to die should try his luck

7 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by egift(m): 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2014

What Jonathan is doing, reminds me this scene from the movie "Dictator".
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by bloodykiller: 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
APC is evil

4 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by chacoonder(m): 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jaideyone: Nice move... The tyrant should stop using soldiers to attack apc
Yea..you are very very correct my broda.
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by udemzyudex(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
what are they afraid of?

3 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Xfactoria: 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
Chienyego: but they praised jonathan when he deployed those soldiers during the edo state election which oshiobaba eventually won. they didn't see it as a crime then. they called it a "victory for democracy" because they won that state.

during the imo state election, ohakim's rigging machinery was in hot pursuit of rochas' votes, with rochas winning in 12 LGAs while ohakim was winning in 11 (thanks to his strong rigging of course). due to the high malpractice, it was declared inconclusive, and a rerun in the remaining 4 LGAs was slated for another day.
jonathan deployed soldiers in imo state to block any chances of rigging. tanks were everywhere, khaki trousers all over the place.
eventually, oguta LGA was canceled, and rochas won the rest of the 3 LGAs like he was supposed to. APGA won and PDP lost rightfully. nobody complained or accused jonathan of rigging then.

why are these people complaining now? are they afraid their rigging chances are going to be closed off? Why didn't they complain when soldiers were deployed to the other states they eventually won?
isn't this hypocrisy?

Don't mind them! They know what they are driving at. Aregbesola is a grandmaster of thugs. His boys in Osun State are called "State Boys" and a lot of them are jobless folks he pays salaries and use for his dirty jobs. It was among these guys they sent thugs to Anambra and Ekiti and of course, a sizeable number of them were caught and could not carry out their plans which is to discredit election results from the stronghold of the opposing candidates. Fayemi won Ekiti because results from Segun Oni's stronghold in Ido-Osi were discredited by thugs and were cancelled. Oyinlola also lost because the tribunal and appeal court also cancelled election results from his stronghold because Aregbe's boys marred them.

Intelligence report from Osun State alone where the Governor has asked electorates to carry charms and knives is enough to warrant soldiers deployment.

Aregbesola is not a gentleman at all!

7 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by obayaya(m): 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
lmao!!!

Let's wait for the court!!!

But expect the FG to remind the court that the country is at war!!! and hence security is paramount..especially during the elections when Ppl's movement can be predicted.

A rookie lawyer can win this case for the FG!!

3 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Olaone1: 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
When APC leaders were so sure Oshiomole would be reelected, they didn't say NO to the deployment of military personnel in Edo. They are not so sure about Aregbe right now hence their yeye alarm.

They were completely handicapped in Ekiti and they really felt a jolt. Hence this unnecessary alarm

4 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by ojimbo(m): 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Demdem:

It's neither here or there. The Nigerian police controlled by the FG is more than enough and should be capable to secure the elections. Bringing in soldiers that ought to be fighting in sambisa to secure votes is suspicious. There have been allegations that the soldiers are being used to intimidate the electorates. We all witnessed how soldiers stopped party leaders from moving freely to campaign for their candidates days before the election simply because they aren't in the ruling party.
Imo, wherever the decision of the courts go, the people should be courageous and rise above all forms of intimidation and vote for their desires candidate.
I don't think the military should be used for electoral matters. It's far beneath them.
your type can never make a good husband or father

3 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by ojimbo(m): 10:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
Demdem:

Good points u raised but the question is do u think the Nigerian Police, civil defence and other para military agencies aren't capable of curtailing such skimishes? Why unleash our last resort for such small small things? With time, the people will become immune to such and govt will find itself in a big mess with no other alternatives.
there is something that apc is planning, let them come up with another strategy

2 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by samoks(m): 10:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
Why is APC afraid of soldiers? Did the people of
Ekiti protest the victory/defeat of Fayose/Fayemi?
If the people's choice was not reflected in the
result released by INEC, I believe they would
have protested.
Did soldiers cart away the ballot boxes? It is
crystal clear that the APC want to rig this
election.
Do you want to know why? They use thugs and
hoodlums to intimidate voters. For example,
during the 2011 governorship election in Lagos, in
Ojuelegba area of Surulere, Lagos, area boys
(Tinubu/Fashola) boys were all there, they told
every voters what to expect.
Let me quote them, because I was there in
person.... They said in Yoruba: "if you know you
do not want to vote for ACN, just turn back and
go home, or else, you will be dealt with"
I simply turned and went home, I didn't vote that
day.
Police men were there, and they did nothing.
So I strongly believe this is what they plan to do.
Or do they have any evidence to proof that
soldiers prevented eligible voters from casting
their votes?

4 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by idamokoemmanuel(m): 11:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
With this development I can say authoritatively that APC will fail in osun state just as they failed in ekiti State. The signs are gradually coming up.
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Demdem(m): 6:05am On Jul 17, 2014
ojimbo: your type can never make a good husband or father

Ur type can't even become any of it becos ur stupidity and foolishness clearly stands out.
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by dagentility(f): 7:47am On Jul 17, 2014
gratiaeo: Effort in futility if u ask me.
U dey mind APshit,deir mission is dead on arrival.
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by bloodykiller: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2014
Demdem:

Ur type can't even become any of it becos ur stupidity and foolishness clearly stands out.

vulture
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Demdem(m): 8:14am On Jul 17, 2014
bloodykiller:

vulture - na my papa

Interesting.
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by bloodykiller: 8:15am On Jul 17, 2014
Demdem:

Interesting. my mother is a harlot and i fvck her five times a day
enjoy
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 17, 2014
Demdem:

Interesting.
So it has gotten to the level of editing someone's posts? What a low-life scumbag! You are even worse than I thought. SMDH..APC bootlicker

3 Likes

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by slimghost(m): 8:32am On Jul 17, 2014
The military must be deployed in Osun state to maintain peace and order. To also prevent APC from rigging that election or causing mayhem if they lose.
Why didnt the hypocritical APC contest the military presence during edo election? Bloody vultures and evil minds.

1 Like

Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Demdem(m): 8:50am On Jul 17, 2014
bloodykiller:

Interesting. my mother is a harlot and i fvck her five times a day

Wonderful. None of our business as regards ur ashawo mama.
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by PointB: 9:03am On Jul 17, 2014
This case is simply and exercise of academic futility. Let's assume APC win the case and the court bar the President from sending the military to provide security during election, will such restraint prevent the military from conducting say a 'counter-insurgency' or 'unspecified national security' operations as directed by the commander-in-chief.

How about redeploying the DPO, sending another with massive contingent of MOPOL?

Like I said, this exercise is simply futile, it leaves more loopholes than the one it sought to address!
Re: APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State by Demdem(m): 9:14am On Jul 17, 2014
tsolz84: So it has gotten to the level of editing someone's posts? What a low-life scumbag! You are even worse than I thought. SMDH..APC bootlicker

Eternal fool, if such post rightly suggest what the writer depicts, what do u expect? U lunatics are simply amazing.
Jonathan till ur early grave.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CHANGE!!! Sai BUHARI!!! WE Get To See Stolen Money With 8 Trillion Naira Budget! / Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians / Israel Donates 5 Million Dollars To Support Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.