Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada (14939 Views)

Pictures Of Beautifully Sculpted Cakes / Birthday Cakes / How Do I Make My Cakes Last For Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Consultville(m): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
Just observing things.

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by apolonius(m): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
It is a sad one. Unfortunately,it is too civil a case for the police to be brought in.

I hope you are able to send the exact post to Sahara Reporters and Premium Times editors to help us share with a larger audience. This is because while this might appear trivial,it is potentially enough to kill innocent kids.

9 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by obailala(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
Typical of the Nigerian 'Big Man Syndrome' angry

Even before anything was said she has already threatened to call the commissioner of police; Nigeria a place where the person with more money is innocent angry

7 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
lame topic on front page!
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
Which yeye commissioner of police d woman dey threaten to call, imagina a thief telling u he'll sue u for theft, its insane, she can't do nada, its jst so pathetic d means through which people use in tryn 2 make ends meet. Ow wud u sell rotten items to people jst 2 make money? Gosh its disheartning. D owner of dat cake bis is jst one out of many perpetrating dis evil and greedy act.

3 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by MizTyna(f): 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
No need to curse her sef,the children's tears will be enough. I can imagine how the birthday boy must have felt
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hmmmmm! I can hear perceive the odour through my phone grin grin
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Phikom(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
Only God knows how many innocent souls would have fal victim of such terrible and poisonous cakes....my love to ur son OP

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by macIB(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
Thanks for this post ooo.
Am to go there to buy bday cake for my twinsons
tmrw.
"Ori yo mi"
So all those cakes on display are poison...Na wa ooo
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by MizTyna(f): 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
Olekumaster: lame topic on front page!

What is lame about this? Mass poisoning of children narrowly averted is lame?

9 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Mavor: 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
RoyalRoy: Naija.....can't we ever do anything right? Still threatening a customer after providing a terrible service?

Imagine what would have happened If those poor innocent kids had eaten out of that cake?
Kudos to the vigilant teachers.

Next time u want to order cakes for special event try proven, tested and trusted cake makers..... try Boash Cakes.... they are the best and they deliver any day anytime.
Just search for Taryour on Nairaland to get more details.
https://www.nairaland.com/taryour

She is the C.E.O of Boash Cakes.
You had to use this as an opportunity to advertise. Shows little class.
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by dabayomi(m): 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
Please.. sue
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by mizzy007(m): 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
If we learn 2 sue companies for there stupid mistakes n have dem pay heavily. Den tins will normalize

3 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by shaibolo(m): 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
Please report to the appropriate agency or agencies(not police) in order to save other innocent consumers. However, be sure to have unassailable facts/evidence otherwise some unscrupulous agents may want to turn the table against you. it is well
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by manny4life(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
@OP, sorry bout what happened. Please listen to the experts on here, they should be able to guide you on how to proceed.

Mavor: You had to use this as an opportunity to advertise. Shows little class.

There's nothing little class about it, he sympathized with her, made a suggestion and before making a recommendation about a good caterer who is well known and trusted.. It's called strategy

6 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nawa thins r rily happening in dis country, so after selling poison to people she threatens dem. She doesn't care if dey die after eatin d cake. C modern day witchcraft. It shall not b well wit d woman @ OP just take d best advise posted here nd advise pips around u neva to buy dere if possible call coolfm or ur view on tvc so dey can talk abt it. Useless so called big people. SMH

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by bumtos(m): 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Sometimes, is not necessary you buy cake to do birthday for your children.
One of my children did her birthday Monday. What I did was that, I bought 2 cartoons of Freshyo and 2 cartoons of Coaster biscuit and I gave them to her mother so that her friends can be able to celebrate with her in her class and they really appreciate it.
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by eagleeye2: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Some people are wicked.

2 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Lexusgs430: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
Health and Safety departments @ the local government, should be informed.
She should either stop trading or clean up her act.
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by yorke1: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
apolonius: It is a sad one. Unfortunately,it is too civil a case for the police to be brought in.

I hope you are able to send the exact post to Sahara Reporters and Premium Times editors to help us share with a larger audience. This is because while this might appear trivial,it is potentially enough to kill innocent kids.

Are you a card carry member of certain political party in Nigeria?
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by expert1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
Is it that there is no other way to settle your problem with the cake vendor?

It is obvious that you want to destroy the image of the vendor on nairaland,
whereas you are only giving her a cool advertisement for free.

As for me, I have never heard of the vendor before, but now I know that there is a shop called Explores Cakes in Gbagada.

By the way, why can't you just bake a cake for your kid instead of going to a baker? I suspect that it is 'Ekaite' that cooks for your hubby at home too, you better go and buy a Cook Book.

...Seed to the sower..Bread to the eater...
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Lexusgs430: 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
bumtos: Sometimes, is not necessary you buy cake to do birthday for your children.
One of my children did her birthday Monday. What I did was that, I bought 2 cartoons of Freshyo and 2 cartoons of Coaster biscuit and I gave them to her mother so that her friends can be able to celebrate with her in her class and they really appreciate it.

But if you want to buy a cake, you should be able to without fear or favour. The freedom of buying cakes, has not yet been denied to us by Fashola and his crew!!!

2 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by eagleeye2: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
expert1: Is it that there is no other way to settle your problem with the cake vendor?

It is obvious that you want to destroy the image of the vendor on nairaland,
whereas you are only giving her a cool advertisement for free.

As for me, I have never heard of the vendor before, but now I know that there is a shop called Explores Cakes in Gbagada.

By the way, why can't you just bake a cake for your kid instead of going to a baker? I suspect that it is 'Ekaite' that cooks for your hubby at home too, you better go and buy a Cook Book.

...Seed to the sower..Bread to the eater...
Just shut it. A woman who provides bad services to her customers, and threatens them afterwards, should be run out of business.

13 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by apolonius(m): 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
yorke1:

Are you a card carry member of certain political party in Nigeria?

Well, SR is not as anti-GEJ front as some are won't to believe.Come to think of it,what is news?It is the activities of those who are proactive and matter. So,this definition presupposes that the party controlling central power structures will generate more news.

SR and PT are quite progressive with their little biases. I am all for progressive and visionary leadership which I believe is lacking at the national,state and LG levels in Nigeria.
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by TJNoble: 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
Well, quite a pity the way you were treated by the lady. Perhaps you did not have much time to spare at the time. The best thing to do to stop this food outlet and the lady from endangering other people's lives, whether they be children or adults, would have been to take the said cake to the NAFDAC or SON office in Lagos and report the matter formally. That way, the necessary tests would have been carried and the outlet sanctioned appropriately. You can still lodge a complaint with either offices and the Consumer Council.

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
cr8v: Moderators don't be too fast to bring somebody's business to ruin. By bringing uninvestigated stuffs like this to the front page. I'm sure u don't know the pains involved in building a business.

Understand that some customers are difficult to deal with and even when u try to apologize they are still ranting. Moreso a staff may just have a bad day, do u expect his/her doing to ruin someones business? Nairaland was down and some data were even lost and nobody crucified Seun, we all showed understanding. Why. Wdnt u reciprocate

Yes I support exposing frauds and those who intimidate. But make your findings. Don't judge. A matter after. Hearing one. Side

Iya,

Bringing it to the frontpage is part of making necessary finding. If ure not satisfied with it, employ a present front page fact finding team for Seun... Else... Hug the nearest serving transformer

10 Likes

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
this is so wrong!!! people are just naturally wicked

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by tonididdy(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
omg....wtf...I got goose allover...this is irritating

NL
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Mannastoress: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
SEEMS THE LADY HAS BEEN GETTING LOTS ABUSIVE CALLS FROM NAIRALANDERS - grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by Joshuadon: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
[size=50pt]big Bleep up[/size]
Re: How My Childs Birthday Was Ruined By D'xplorer Cakes Gbagada by BjMorgan(m): 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
U no hold something like dis Wen u day go d shop? If not, dats y d woman day talk rubbish, go get one and go bak again, d woman go refound ur money with xtra self, Wen she know say dis tin na for her head and no b joke o

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers State Cuisine / Am Too Skinny, I Need Advice On How To Put On Weight To Be Average / Firm Introduces Refined Garri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.