Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

3 Major Differences Between Dating And Courting You Should Know - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Major Differences Between Dating And Courting You Should Know (970 Views)

See The Difference Between Dating A Boy And Dating A Man / Courting Miss Cutie Pie: Coup D'etat RELOADED / Do You Prefer "dating" Or "courting" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Major Differences Between Dating And Courting You Should Know by busterr(m): 7:56am On Jul 17, 2014
Ladies, do you know that there is a big difference between dating and courting. I know! I know! Most of us use the words interchangeably and we really need to stop doing that.
I believe that alot of our heartache and pain stems from not knowing the difference between the two.
If we know the difference between dating and courting and put what we know into practice, the dating scene would not be as complicated as it is today. Relationships become complicated because we are in search for love but is going about it the wrong way to find it.
Here are a few ways to know the differences and similarities between dating and courting:
1. When you are dating you should never meet his family. In this stage you are getting to know one another. You are learning things such as his likes and dislikes. Your goal is to learn as much as possible about each other without any outside influences.
It is ok to meet the family if you are courting.
2. Dating is getting to know you. Courting is planning for marriage. During your dating stages you are acquaintances not lovers and cannot move into courting until both people can openly and honestly say we are courting with intensions of getting married.
3. s*x is a no no for both dating and courting. s*x should be reserved for marriage. If you have s*x in either the dating or courting stages you may risk the opportunity to actually become a bride. The old saying “why buy the whole cow if you can get the milk for free” still remains true in some cases.
Yes ladies, some of these tips (and there are more) may be a hard pill to swollow but one needed to get our dating scene back to healthy and fun. Unless, you have decided that marriage isn’t for you, the dating stage should be short lived followed by courting.
Remember ladies, being in love with the right person is the key to a happy and fulfilled life.
Re: 3 Major Differences Between Dating And Courting You Should Know by anthney87: 9:05am On Jul 17, 2014
busterr: Ladies, do you know that there is a big difference between dating and courting. I know! I know! Most of us use the words interchangeably and we really need to stop doing that.
I believe that alot of our heartache and pain stems from not knowing the difference between the two.
If we know the difference between dating and courting and put what we know into practice, the dating scene would not be as complicated as it is today. Relationships become complicated because we are in search for love but is going about it the wrong way to find it.
Here are a few ways to know the differences and similarities between dating and courting:
1. When you are dating you should never meet his family. In this stage you are getting to know one another. You are learning things such as his likes and dislikes. Your goal is to learn as much as possible about each other without any outside influences.
It is ok to meet the family if you are courting.
2. Dating is getting to know you. Courting is planning for marriage. During your dating stages you are acquaintances not lovers and cannot move into courting until both people can openly and honestly say we are courting with intensions of getting married.
3. s*x is a no no for both dating and courting. s*x should be reserved for marriage. If you have s*x in either the dating or courting stages you may risk the opportunity to actually become a bride. The old saying “why buy the whole cow if you can get the milk for free” still remains true in some cases.
Yes ladies, some of these tips (and there are more) may be a hard pill to swollow but one needed to get our dating scene back to healthy and fun. Unless, you have decided that marriage isn’t for you, the dating stage should be short lived followed by courting.
Remember ladies, being in love with the right person is the key to a happy and fulfilled life.

Hana I may agree with you but on the issue of sex- No! No!!!!!!!! it doesn't work like DAT again. never. we are far beyond sex after marriage. sex boost love in either dating or relationship.

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Differences Between Dating And Courting You Should Know by nekede11(m): 9:38am On Jul 17, 2014
Mr sex s nt a booster of love,love s nt only feelings but action,leave sex out of it,devil s using sex b/4 marriage to destroy d promise of God concerning marriage.#readurbible
anthney87:

Hana I may agree with you but on the issue of sex- No! No!!!!!!!! it doesn't work like DAT again. never. we are far beyond sex after marriage. sex boost love in either dating or relationship.

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Differences Between Dating And Courting You Should Know by busterr(m): 9:42am On Jul 17, 2014
This devil guy must be a mischievous criminal tho cheesycheesycheesy

(1) (Reply)

Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read / Im In A Dilemma.. Can You Date A Physically Challenge Individual / Ladies Going To The Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.