Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Too Much Noise From Front Legs Of Camry98 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Too Much Noise From Front Legs Of Camry98 (1345 Views)

What Causes Grinding Noise From Rear Of 2004 Lexus RX 330 ??? / Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 / HELP!!! Noise From Alternator Area Of 2007 Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Much Noise From Front Legs Of Camry98 by ebner70(m): 2:51am On Jul 18, 2014
Have changed shocks and stabilizers of the 2 front legs of my camry, still hearing toomuch noise whenever Ȋ̝̊̅ hit a gallop, how do Ȋ̝̊̅ go abt this, wld like to work with someone in owerri, although wld go any length to stop ds once and for all
Re: Too Much Noise From Front Legs Of Camry98 by senator2k9(m): 7:27am On Jul 18, 2014
I'm not too sure frm ur details, bt ask ur mech to check the Bearings or brake disk of ur car. Thanks
Re: Too Much Noise From Front Legs Of Camry98 by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2014
Cars have legs?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Too Much Noise From Front Legs Of Camry98 by Cyberknight: 9:50am On Jul 18, 2014
grin. Yes, they do! So I learnt when I went to the East with my father once in the 80s and had to have something looked at by the mechanic underneath the car before we took off back to Lagos. In the Igbo language, the wheels of the car and all accessories thereto are referred to as "ukwu moto", "ukwu" being the Igbo word for "leg/legs". It's a fair approximation, considering that most African/Asian languages do not have equivalents for many of the "modern" concepts in European languages. Unfortunately, you now have many people translating the term into English and using the word "legs" to refer to the undercarriage of cars indiscriminately, which should not be the case. But it is rather quaint though.
Re: Too Much Noise From Front Legs Of Camry98 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2014
ebner70: Have changed shocks and stabilizers of the 2 front legs of my camry, still hearing toomuch noise whenever Ȋ̝̊̅ hit a gallop, how do Ȋ̝̊̅ go abt this, wld like to work with someone in owerri, although wld go any length to stop ds once and for all

It would be difficult to help you online on your suspension issues, we might just end up suggesting you throw more parts at your problem,if you have ruled out the front struts and stabiliser links, then it would be best to check

* brake pad clips or holders
* front sway bar bushings
* front lower control arm left and right
* ball joints both sides

Also look outside the box problem could also be coming from within the engine bay have your vehicle checked for loose or unscrewed parts near the engine mounts and exhaust area.

I'm attaching pictures of the stared parts.

Best of luck.

P.s don't forget I did not say replace just have them looked at to be sure the parts mentioned are ok or present.

More car tips here:https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars-quick-response#24358753

Re: Too Much Noise From Front Legs Of Camry98 by mayor2013: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2014
Could even be your engine mounts

(1) (Reply)

Why Does A Failing Car Battery Catch People Unawares? / Ac Not Cooling And Chilling Like Before / See The Combo On This Audi 80 Quattro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.