Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 (3999 Views)

Urgently Needed, Blackberry Imei / Z30 Or S4? / Sony Xperia Z Or Samsung Galaxy S4: Which Should I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by spicyhoney(f): 6:41am On Jul 18, 2014
I'm trying to make a choice between BB Z30(seems to be the newest from RIM at the moment) and Samsung S5/note 3.

Advice needed from phone experts on which to go for bearing in mind that I presently use a bold 5(which I want to replace because of the daily headaches it's giving me due to years of use) and a Samsung galaxy Grand. So going for another samsung might mean having 2 samsung phones but I really need to know what the Z30 has over the S5 and vice versa. (And yes I have checked google but still cannot decide)
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by UniqueGem(m): 7:28am On Jul 18, 2014
Get a Note3 please. It's head and Shoulder above BB30 dunno about s5 but that Note3 is damn rugged.
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by DJDOLA(m): 8:10am On Jul 18, 2014
Try get bbz10..u will love it I swear...blackberry phone still remain d best forget about all does tecno user bashing anything bb
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Nsonaso(m): 10:27am On Jul 18, 2014
Bro it depends on what you want in a phone.... If you want a smart phone, I suggest you go for Android because there is nothing in BB that Android do not have the multiple of 5... But if you can't beer the headache of the data subscription then BB is a better choice...
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Lexusgs430: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2014
I presently use a Note 3 (N9005) and would be a little bit wrong, if I was to advise in the contrary.
But if you want a combination of a phone and a tablet(phablet), the Note 3 is the best and only way to turn.
Have it rooted and the world is your oyster.
NB: You would find it difficult to put it down. Watch YouTube videos in comparison
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Lexusgs430: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nsonaso: Bro it depends on what you want in a phone.... If you want a smart phone, I suggest you go for Android because there is nothing in BB that Android do not have the multiple of 5... But if you can't beer the headache of the data subscription then BB is a better choice...

Nah Sister
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Babalakin(m): 1:50pm On Jul 18, 2014
Take d world and give me d note3. any day any time,d note3 ROCKZZZZZZZZZZ
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by ikbtn: 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
I suggest u go for d z30 cos it's a rili nice ND good smartphone with long lasting battery and cheap data plan, plus u can install android apps and games on it as well so why go for an android device wen u can run its apps on a blackberry. Dats a 2 in 1 phone which is way better dan an android device, so best of luck.
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by danot1030: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
Guy samsung is a gud phone no doubt but I will suggest u shuld go for Z30, it has lots of value over android phone, beside there nothing u want to use those samsung for dat Z30 will not deliver.
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Nsonaso(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Nah Sister
Sorry miss
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Nsonaso(m): 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
ikbtn: I suggest u go for d z30 cos it's a rili nice ND good smartphone with long lasting battery and cheap data plan, plus u can install android apps and games on it as well so why go for an android device wen u can run its apps on a blackberry. Dats a 2 in 1 phone which is way better dan an android device, so best of luck.
It lags when Android apps are installed on it... If you really want a smart phone and know how to utilize it, BB is never a best choice except if you have an Android Tablet to back it up
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Nsonaso(m): 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
danot1030: Guy samsung is a gud phone no doubt but I will suggest u shuld go for Z30, it has lots of value over android phone, beside there nothing u want to use those samsung for dat Z30 will not deliver.
There are much bro...
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Nsonaso(m): 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
Lexusgs430: I presently use a Note 3 (N9005) and would be a little bit wrong, if I was to advise in the contrary.
But if you want a combination of a phone and a tablet(phablet), the Note 3 is the best and only way to turn.
NB: You would find it difficult to put it down. Watch YouTube videos in comparison
Is there really a need to root except if you want system customization.... Like flashing custom ROM and all that system tweak...
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Lexusgs430: 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nsonaso: Is there really a need to root except if you want system customization.... Like flashing custom ROM and all that system tweak...

I thought that was one of the main reasons of owning any Android device?
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Lexusgs430: I presently use a Note 3 (N9005) and would be a little bit wrong, if I was to advise in the contrary.

You do know you have a gift for marketing, right? grin. OP, I can't agree more. Note 3 rocks! wink
But you might not even have to root it as you'll void the warranty and rooting might not be really necessary since you're not really a phone geek.
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Lexusgs430: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
OgidiOlu3:

You do know you have a gift for marketing, right? grin. OP, I can't agree more. Note 3 rocks! wink
But you might not even have to root it as you'll void the warranty and rooting might not be really necessary since you're not really a phone geek.

They are programs out there to reverse the root (Samsung will not have a clue), and will still honour your warranty claims (knox or not).
Thanx about compliment.
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by dazekid(m): 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nsonaso: Is there really a need to root except if you want system customization.... Like flashing custom ROM and all that system tweak...

There are millions of apps which require root access to either work or work properly so rooting isn't just about custom ROMS and system tweaks.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Nsonaso(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
dazekid:

There are millions of apps which require root access to either work or work properly so rooting isn't just about custom ROMS and system tweaks.
Please bro can you help me list some.... Because I've turns of productivity apps like, World Atlas, Polaris Office, Oxford Advanced learner Dictionary and Audio Cambridge Advanced Dictionary, Ebook readers, Human Anatomy.... Different kinds of Music/Movie players and many more...without rooting... But though I started rooting when I wanted system customization like I said earlier...
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Nsonaso(m): 10:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Lexusgs430:

I thought that was one of the main reasons of owning any Android device?
No miss that's not.... It's just a supplement.... Android if you really know how to utilize it's features is the best Mobile Operating System that I've ever come across

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Lexusgs430: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nsonaso:
No miss that's not.... It's just a supplement.... Android if you really know how to utilize it's features is the best Mobile Operating System that I've ever come across

Teach me how to 'utilize it's features '.
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Nsonaso(m): 10:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
OgidiOlu3:

Well bro all Samsung Note series do rock and with Note 3, it even get better...

Let me ask, Have you ever been in a hurry to write something down very quickly?

No matter how fast you are with your phone keyboard, you can never be faster effort to bit the Note.

Just remove the S-Pen and do that same wonderful magic you always do with your Pen and Paper, same handwriting, same speed, write in short hand, write in any language of your choice; English, Chinese, Japanese, Igbo, Housa or Yoruba.... No tricks and no wrong stories

Bro it's really HANDY...

And many more
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Nsonaso(m): 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Teach me how to 'utilize it's features '.
First get the Note 3... So that you can practice
If you can read and understand very well, Google can serve you well...
But first read about Android and it's limitations, read about the pros of Android don't read about the con because it maybe based on the article author personal choice.... If you have any question, you're free to ask me
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by jedisco(m): 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
As an owner of the note 3, I would advise you get an iPhone 5S (if money is not the problem).
Android phones and especially Samsung phones in particular have alot of added stuff, some are useful while alot are gimmicks. But the iPhone is a device I'm sure you would fall in love with right from it's design to its ease of operability.
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Lexusgs430: 1:21am On Jul 19, 2014
Nsonaso:
First get the Note 3... So that you can practice
If you can read and understand very well, Google can serve you well...
But first read about Android and it's limitations, read about the pros of Android don't read about the con because it maybe based on the article author personal choice.... If you have any question, you're free to ask me

I already have a Note 3. So teacher don't teach me nonsense o and don't direct me to Google.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Nsonaso(m): 4:37am On Jul 19, 2014
Lexusgs430:

I already have a Note 3. So teacher don't teach me nonsense o and don't direct me to Google.
Even your teacher in school (if at all you went to school) that you paid to teach you, you never talk to him/her like that. So why will you talk to me like that?
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Lexusgs430: 7:17am On Jul 19, 2014
Nsonaso: Even your teacher in school (if at all you went to school) that you paid to teach you, you never talk to him/her like that. So why will you talk to me like that?

I never went to school, you the professor, teach me Android matters as you promised to.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by dazekid(m): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2014
Lexusgs430:

I never went to school, you the professor, teach me Android matters as you promised to.

Oga you get time o.I am willing to bet my left testicle that the other guy doesn't own a note and has probably not even used one.It is mostly people who came from using blackberry phones on OS 7.1 and below that are just completely wowed by the android ecosystem when there isn't even root access.I personally cannot imagine not being a superuser on my own android phone.
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Lexusgs430: 11:17am On Jul 19, 2014
dazekid:

Oga you get time o.I am willing to bet my left testicle that the other guy doesn't own a note and has probably not even used one.It is mostly people who came from using blackberry phones on OS 7.1 and below that are just completely wowed by the android ecosystem when there isn't even root access.I personally cannot imagine not being a superuser on my own android phone.

Lol. It's nice to have a little banter with people. (friendly banter, no insults)
Thanks Oga. The Joy of Android is been able to push boundaries, brick your device, unbrick it and brick it again. . ... The sequence continues, till you attain satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by spicyhoney(f): 11:49am On Jul 19, 2014
Lol, I think I'm even more confused than I was when I started this thread grin

Thank you all for the contributions though.
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by Lexusgs430: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
jedisco: As an owner of the note 3, I would advise you get an iPhone 5S (if money is not the problem).
Android phones and especially Samsung phones in particular have alot of added stuff, some are useful while alot are gimmicks. But the iPhone is a device I'm sure you would fall in love with right from it's design to its ease of operability.

Simply install No bloat and delete all the items not required.
NB: Root required
Re: Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 by OgidiOlu3(m): 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nsonaso:
Well bro all Samsung Note series do rock and with Note 3, it even get better...

Let me ask, Have you ever been in a hurry to write something down very quickly?

No matter how fast you are with your phone keyboard, you can never be faster effort to bit the Note.

Just remove the S-Pen and do that same wonderful magic you always do with your Pen and Paper, same handwriting, same speed, write in short hand, write in any language of your choice; English, Chinese, Japanese, Igbo, Housa or Yoruba.... No tricks and no wrong stories

Bro it's really HANDY...

And many more

I know bro, I have it wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Airtel Awoof Of Calls And Data For Oct 2017 / TECNO Pouviour3 VS Pouviour3 Plus. Which Would You Rather Go For? / PHANTOM X Review: Premium Hardware, Mid-range Price!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.