Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Theological Trash - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Theological Trash (1007 Views)

The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological / A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Theological Trash by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Religious nut-jobs have managed to turn a simple message of love from God to a complex pile of trash called theological positions and perceptions.

Examples :

Trinity
Tithology
Holiness movement.
calvinism
arminianism
evangecalsim
Pentecostalsim
Dispensationalism
Kings James only believeism

Brethren , throw all this theological trash into the garbage can where they belong and FOLLOW JESUS's message of LOVE for your fellow MAN and God and you will be just fine.

Run away from religious nutjobs , hypocrites and control freaks, they don't know more than you despite their endless chain of titles and degrees, its also worthless trash. In fact Jesus said a small child has more sense than all of them put together,

That's why the religious leaders ( imams and pastors ) with their Phds, Msc etc have managed to turn this world into a helluva place.

The message of God is simple :

1. Love your neighbour as yourself
2. Love God.

Simple as abc.

5 Likes

Re: Theological Trash by Omexonomy: 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
Why you dey vex or dont you want pastors and immans to live large from their floocks afterall they are shepard. Nigerians na wa for una
Re: Theological Trash by petres007(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
frosbel: Religious nut-jobs have managed to turn a simple message of love from God to a complex pile of trash called theological positions and perceptions.
Examples :
Trinity
Tithology
Holiness movement.
calvinism
arminianism
evangecalsim
Pentecostalsim
Dispensationalism
Brethren , throw all this theological trash into the garbage can where they belong and FOLLOW JESUS's message of LOVE for your fellow MAN and God and you will be just fine.
Run away from religious nutjobs , hypocrites and control freaks, they don't know more than you despite their endless chain of titles and degrees, its also worthless trash. In fact Jesus said a small child has more sense than all of them put together,
That's why the religious leaders ( imams and pastors ) with their Phds, Msc etc have managed to turn this world into a helluva place.
2. Love God.

Simple as abc.

Sir frosbel,

I'd be glad if you can help me out here with these two questions I have upon reading through your OP. I know someone in person who sounds precisely like you and if I didn't know better would've thought it was you. So there seems to be quite a handful of concerned people out there just like you. I've found it difficult to understand this person I'm speaking of and hope you can help me better understand this position.

1. Biblically, what does it mean to "love" God?

2. Biblically, what does it mean to love one's neighbour?

P.S. For the record, I believe both through and through. Its just what it means to "love" in the context of both questions above that I often have issues with people who insist on this position.

Lastly, I do have a high view of you and your opinions on this forum as do many others, but would appreciate if we stuck to the bible only in examining this.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Theological Trash by chrisviral(m): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
"Nut jobs", you have issues with not insulting people when putting your points across...

First if what you meant by trinity is the believe of three God in one person, then I must have to disaggree with you on that, even jesus himself talked about the that...
John 10:30,
Then he went further to say in john 14:20.
We all know that the comforter is the HolyGhost, so explain this john 14:18...
And another scripture from paul's books also clearing this up, when I find it I will let you know..

Again don't argue shit about tithe, mal 3:8-12, made it clear, don't hurry to say its old testament, let's analyse matthew 23:23 "
Woe unto you, scribes and pharisees, hypocrites for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have ommited the weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy, and faith, ........ Now listen to the last sentence carefully for I know that english can be mis-leading..

"These ought ye to have done and not to leave the other undone"

Simple translation... Do both, don't leave any undone.

People rush off to claim that the tithe was for the levites and that God was talking to isreal, yet they forget that the Bible said "what he told one, he told all"

And all those terms of yours are just grammers, give them a definition and let's discuss it from the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Theological Trash by Tgirl4real(f): 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
frosbel:

2. Love God.

Simple as abc.

OMG! shocked shocked shocked

It's worse than I think. Are you reading your bible at all? Is what you put up there the summation of the gospel of Christ?

I ask again, can what you put up there give you a right standing with God?

Where do you put Ephes 2: 8-10 in the post above? sad
Re: Theological Trash by Tgirl4real(f): 4:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
petres007:

Sir frosbel,

I'd be glad if you can help me out here with these two questions I have upon reading through your OP. I know someone in person who sounds precisely like you and if I didn't know better would've thought it was you. So there seems to be quite a handful of concerned people out there just like you. I've found it difficult to understand this person I'm speaking of and hope you can help me better understand this position.

P.S. For the record, I believe both through and through. Its just what it means to "love" in the context of both questions above that I often have issues with people who insist on this position.

Lastly, I do have a high view of you and your opinions on this forum as do many others, but would appreciate if we stuck to the bible only in examining this.

Thanks!

God bless you!

This will make for an interesting read. smiley
Re: Theological Trash by petres007(m): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
Tgirl4real:

God bless you!

This will make for an interesting read. smiley

I sure hope so too.

Although I really can't wait for insight into what he means.
Re: Theological Trash by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Confusion in the house of god.
Re: Theological Trash by TheBigUrban2: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
I have to support Frosbel on this one.

"love your neighbour as yourself"

Simple message of love should be the way of anyone who calls himself/herself "righteous"

But no, some other nut job christians dont care about love.....they want God to double their money by tithing 10%.....they love their pastors more than they love Jesus....they prefer to preach rather than listen to the problems of others...

Good work, Frosbel

4 Likes

Re: Theological Trash by qstar(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
@Frosbel, the problem with your sermon is "love".

Love has a subjective meaning. It is also a relative emotion.
If we are to just love our neighbours as ourselves, what of those that do not love themselves?
Some people, deeply hate God, because of reasons best known to them.

This is where the society comes into play. Or do you think a mere sermon is enough?
Re: Theological Trash by alexleo(m): 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
Tgirl4real:

OMG! shocked shocked shocked

It's worse than I think. Are you reading your bible at all? Is what you put up there the summation of the gospel of Christ?

I ask again, can what you put up there give you a right standing with God?

Where do you put Ephes 2: 8-10 in the post above? sad

Dont be suprised that someday to come frosbel will tell us that Jesus never died. And the question he will ask us then will be- how can a loving God kill his son? The guy is drifting by the day. I am not against love though.
Re: Theological Trash by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
^^

By the way God did not kill his Son, Evil men and women did - Matthew 21:38

Read :

1 Corinthians 15 : 16-19

That is the hope of the whole world.

wink
Re: Theological Trash by alexleo(m): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
frosbel: ^^

By the way God did not kill his Son, Evil men and women did - Matthew 21:38

Read :

1 Corinthians 15 : 16-19

That is the hope of the whole world.

wink

grin Whether people killed him or not, The bottom line is that God approved of it. It was God's plan. No?
Re: Theological Trash by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
petres007:

Sir frosbel,

Thanks!

I agree that my use of the phrase 'nut job' was far too generalising and insulting, please accept my apologies, but this does not negate the fact that religious nut-jobs do exist.

Back to your questions :

To love God means to love your neighbour and vice versa.

Read :

1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

1 John 4:12
If a man say, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he that loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

In other words we show love for God by respecting each other , showing kindness to each other, gently nurturing and taking care of his creation and not abusing it ( Revelation 11:18 ) , being there for each other for good or for bad and even taking care of the animals and not hurting them.

In other words we are good stewards of all he has given us, we do not use our resources and talents to promote evil, we use them to spread goodness around the world. I think 1 Cor 13 is a good place to start on the definition of love, it is not talk , it is action.

Love is the fulfilling of the Law and without Love all out theology is 100% trash.

3 Likes

Re: Theological Trash by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
^

Further , Love is not judgemental , condemning and condescending like 85% of Nigerian Christians, Love does not rejoice when poor Arab children in Gaza are being blown to pieces ( all in the name of supporting God's so called people ) , Love looks for the best and never gives up on the worst.

We make people love themselves and others by showing them the true definition of LOVE and not Theology.

God is LOVE.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Theological Trash by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
alexleo:

grin Whether people killed him or not, The bottom line is that God approved of it. It was God's plan. No?

God knew they will kill him, he did not kill his Son but in the killing of his Son God's plan came to fruition.
Re: Theological Trash by TheBigUrban2: 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
frosbel: ^

Further , Love is not judgemental , condemning and condescending like 85% of Nigerian Christians, Love does not rejoice when poor Arab children in Gaza are being blown to pieces ( all in the name of supporting God's so called people ) , Love looks for the best and never gives up on the worst.

We make people love themselves and others by showing them the true definition of LOVE and not Theology.

God is LOVE.

smiley

That is another thing that pains me.....the bias support of Isreal by some christians
Re: Theological Trash by alexleo(m): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
frosbel:

God knew they will kill him, he did not kill his Son but in the killing of his Son God's plan came to fruition.

Its still the same thing. God knew they will kill his son, he had the power to save him from being killed but left him to be killed. Even when his son wanted to opt out, he still prayed- not my will but thine. This means that Jesus surrendered to the will of God and the will of God played out- he was killed. Everything boils down to God. You dont need to paint it. Thats what it is. Sometimes i laugh when i see you defending God. Its not your job pls. Just state things as they are in the scriptures and leave the defence to God.
Re: Theological Trash by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
defending God ? Did the scriptures say that God killed Jesus ?

lol grin
Re: Theological Trash by alexleo(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
frosbel: defending God ? Did the scriptures say that God killed Jesus ?

lol grin

And what has been my reply? God knew it and approved it. It was in the whole package of God's redemption plan from the foundation of the world(according to the bible). The approval is the main thing because if he did not approve, they wouldnt have killed him. So everything boils down to God. grin. You are talking as if God had no hand in the whole process at all. Thats defence you know? grin
Re: Theological Trash by PastorKun(m): 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
frosbel: Religious nut-jobs have managed to turn a simple message of love from God to a complex pile of trash called theological positions and perceptions.

Examples :

Trinity
Tithology
Holiness movement.
calvinism
arminianism
evangecalsim
Pentecostalsim
Dispensationalism

2. Love God.

Simple as abc.

Absolutely brilliant submission, it's a big shame that the koko of Christ's gospel is being ignored for theological thrash and man made doctrines.

2 Likes

Re: Theological Trash by nora544: 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

That is another thing that pains me.....the bias support of Isreal by some christians

Yeah that is true, because moste of christian nigerian didnot know that people from palestina could also christian and you will never hear let us pray for our christian brothers and sisters in Palestina, but this will make a problem because all what this pastors want is that they can tell the people that they have to go to israel and who make this journies, the pastors so they can get extra money or when they have more than 20 people who travel with them they can fly for free.

We got some information from the SOS childvillage in Gaza and the situation is very bad for them at the moment.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

ebola survivor causes commotion in church / Testimony: A Raw Demonstration Of God's Faithfulness And Favour. / Is Masturbation Really A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.