Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road (1579 Views)

Pregnant Woman Climbs High Stool For Maternity Photoshoot / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] / Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by WisePer: 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dears, my Uncle's wife who is two months pregnant wants to travel to Enugu from Lagos. Her mother appealed to her husband to let her fly down to Enugu as it is not OK health wise for her with pregnancy to journey from Lagos to Enugu.

He just called me now to inquire how much the flight ticket is and I felt like getting from Professional here if there is any health risk traveling with Executive service like Ekene Dili Chukwu as the difference in both means is more than 13k.

I stay with the family and I know the money is not much there.

Your advise especially on the health side please.
Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by baby124: 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
I don't see how it is your particular business what they can afford. If your uncle wants his wife to travel by air, why not? Why are you thinking it's too costly for the wife to do. Who even asked for your opinion. They only asked for the price of a flight ticket. I suggest you find out the price, tell them and mind your business from there. I don't understand how you are the one deciding how she should travel when it is not your husband, kid or home

2 Likes

Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by ireneidiva(f): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
Just tell them the price and mind your business. Nobody asked for your opinion!
Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by WisePer: 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
Sorry madam, Please do not get me wrong. It is because the husband complained to me that made me put up this post.

I promised assisting him with 5k to argument d amount he budgeted when I thought d flight will be 10k as we still have 7days but the fare is more.

This is why I am asking for the health implication to know whether to persuade the man to borrow or to speak to her to go via road.

The husband bluntly told his wife initially that he cannot afford it before i promised supplementing what he has. He used to pay for her flight before but" condition get as im be now"

So let me know if it is possible as I dont mind giving more only if I am sure that her traveling by road will endanger her.

1 Like

Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by technophile(m): 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
She wants to embark on 6 hours Journey on the Nigerian road and she's 2 months pregnant??

My advice for her is to carry Incubator along cos I don't see how she's not gonna give birth to the foetus before reaching her destination.
Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by baby124: 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
WisePer: Sorry madam, Please do not get me wrong. It is because the husband complained to me that made me put up this post.
I promised assisting him with 5k to argument d amount he budgeted when I thought d flight will be 10k as we still have 7days but the fare is more.
This is why I am asking for the health implication to know whether to persuade the man to borrow or to speak to her to go via road.
The husband bluntly told his wife initially that he cannot afford it before i promised supplementing what he has. He used to pay for her flight before but" condition get as im be now"
So let me know if it is possible as I dont mind giving more only if I am sure that her traveling by road will endanger her.

You should have said all this in your original post. She is still 2months and the baby is still very tiny. If her doctor says it is ok, and she personally feels it is a journey she can take, then i dont see why not. But dont pressure her. Also, must she travel? Cant what is in Enugu wait? If she has to go so urgently, how many more times will she have to return and you have to supplement. I believe you spoke too soon about helping. You should have thought about the whole situation more.
Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by parismarc: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
Yes she can, i've done that, nothing happened to me. It's very tiring though.
Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by WisePer: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
She lost a close relative and is going for burial
Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by segend(m): 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
personally, i won't advice it, have a friend whose wife had a miscarriage because of regular traveling, while pregnant. But also know someone whose job requires frequent traveling, and she did while pregnant, and she just put to bed. You never can tell, but better to be cautious.
Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by mamasy: 1:39am On Jul 19, 2014
She can travel by road buh musnt seat were d tyres are... buh havent u hrd pregnant ladies dnt attend burial?
Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 19, 2014
Shouldn't be a big deal if the pregnancy ain't complicated.
Re: Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road by okirewaju(f): 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
Sure she can as long as the pregnancy is without complications so far. If I tell you where I travelled to when I was 2 months pregnant,you won't believe it but then I never knew I was pregnant oh!

(1) (Reply)

Urgent! Please Help Me With A Suitable Name For My Cute Son / Five Ways To Solve Family Issue Without A Third Party / My Postnor 2 Disappointment Turns A Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.