Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! (21171 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Former Bayelsa Governor Alamieyeseigha Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by hotangel2(f): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2005
Did u really write all that?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by blesszed(m): 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2005
I don't think we've seen anything yet cheesy. More heads are still going to roll. Watch out for those that are on their second term now; They will want to acquire a lot of wealth, you know what? They are afraid of poverty.

Olorioko is not left out.

Let's wait and see.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by joftech(m): 11:59pm On Sep 26, 2005
And the gov is living out his commitment(s).

Kindly visit (www.bayelsagov.com).

Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by hotangel2(f): 6:26am On Sep 27, 2005
You changed the stuff!

Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by joftech(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2005
I only right the wrong on that site. grin
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by whiteshark(m): 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2005
@ cimonjorr.... Even the wise and all knowning OLEKU would not have said it beta... Bless u my boy....

For the rest of us, this is real drama in our time that will make historical readings for our children. What we do now and how we handle these matters will be judge by those of them to come. If we make a mess of ourselves as well as our God given wealth, na we sabi..... …If we allow selfish reasoning blind us from the truth, the future will judge us oohh.... From all indication, the man has stolen so he should be made to face the music... I think the problem here is that we fail to realize that there is an indeed "an alternative way to our present mode of thinking"..... If we all agree that individual stealing of collective asset of a country is bad for continued growth, stability and security of that sovereign nation, then we will see all the wrong doings in the mans actions......

Even if a man had diplomatic immunity and is covered from head to toe with national security, it does not give him the right to purge, plunder, rape and steal his country as well as his people blind. These privileges are accorded individuals who by their work, are helping with the general development of a nation's integrity and image and in extension that of its people. A respectable lots who would not use this right to traffic hard drugs or launder money.... A word is enough for the wise. Cimonjorr and the other man Klex has said it all although with slight variances but we all know the truth and since we know it, we should allow it set us free....

Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Danfo(m): 9:03am On Sep 28, 2005
"A London magistrate court on Tuesday ordered the Metropolitan Police to release the international passport of Bayelsa State governor, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.

This followed an application brought before the Red Bridge Magistrate Court in London by Alamieyeseigha’s counsel, Prof. Fidelis Oditah.

However, the reprieve was short-lived as the governor was re-arrested immediately by the British anti-fraud police. "

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=5331&z=12

"A fresh twist was Tuesday introduced into the travails of embattled Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha as he was granted unconditional bail by a...."

http://sunnewsonline.com

E be like say this thing na serious matter o....
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by tj: 10:43am On Sep 28, 2005
[b]well, i don't see anything funny about this situation. for a governor to be arrested over seas with that urge sum of money gives us need to worry over. what is he going to do over seas with that? for his own personal benefit and everday the government complain of no money.
well, alamieyeseigha is not the first and he wont be the last. all well need to do is to pray to God to deliver use from these government.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Seun(m): 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2005
THE trial of Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, opens this morning in London where formal charges of money laundering will be preferred against him.

Sources told The Guardian last night that he is being prosecuted for allegedly transferring more than a million pounds from Nigeria to the United Kingdom illegally.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article01/280905
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by mabel(f): 8:04pm On Sep 28, 2005
na wah oooo after dem go sey dem be crime fighters and the one wey dey pain me pass be sey the state people insted wey dem go happy sey dem cacth thief for there state dem dey halla dey disturb we the ones wey no wan hear noise e better na good riddiance to bad rubbish this one is to show the rest of them lesson WHO WILL BE THE NEXT?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by klex(m): 9:42pm On Sep 28, 2005
I appreciate the Serious effort put into the reply by cimon jorr, it was a lenghty and well thought out response.

If you will permit i would like to respond to your post and throw up some more issues with regards to this matter:

1. Do you really believe that the instruction to arrest a sitting nigerian governor could have come from any other person but the commander in chief, do you believe that EFCC went on their own to direct the arrest of the man?

2. Let us not get the issue of immunity crossed. A case in point; i remember some years ago a russion diplomat killed an american in a drunk driving incident and the guy simply drove straight to the embassy where he was holed up until he returned to his country, despite the public hue and cry by the americans for his immunity to be rescinded he was not handed over. That my friend is the proper procedure although i do not know if he faced a trial back in Russia. My point is that nobody not even a President has the right to waive the diplomatic immunity bestowed on any individual it is a sovereign right backed by international law and practise, it is simply ultra vires his powers.

That singular action by obj was illegal, extremely reckless and has set our image back by eons. The issue is not abuse of immunity it is about following the rule of law no matter how frustratingly slow or inefficient it may appear at times or else we are no better than these people we condemn. That is my grouse with baba, he just does not care about the rule of law or doing things properly, he is destroying public institutions just to settle scores. Imagine how Nigerian governors and public functionaries will be viewed and treated in foreign countries both now and in the future? probably as common thieves! That is the message baba has passed in effect that if you see anybody with an official/diplomatic passport from nigeria feel free to detain or humiliate him nothing will happen you have my blessing... what gives him the right!

3. The presence of diplomatic or constitutional immunity does not prevent the investigation of the individual it merely precludes his arrest. Besides this is not murder or theft, which typically grow cold if not investigated on time, these crimes involve financial institutions who keep records of transcations the trail will always be there ( as not even nigerian banks as shady as some of them are destroy records). Anytime his immunity ends the case could have been tried or investigated

4. Contingency funds in this context are travel expenses and have been part of international relations for a long time, it is practised by every country in the world including america! Public office holders always carry foreign currency for logistics and security reasons and they usually account for the funds upon their return. i believe the practise has been abused by Nigerians including our dear governor.

5. A State budget is not sent to or approved by the FG. It is the lopsided (school principal) federalism we practise in Nigeria, that permits Obj to attempt what he did to dariye and alamayeseigha. Do you think George Bush can instruct that an American Governor be arrested on foreign soil? Obj has carried our dirty linen to wash it in public!

6. You quoted me out of context, what i meant was that when this rebellion was in its infancy, our "lords in abuja" in their infinite wisdom treated the situation with kid gloves, the end result is what we have now the cancer has metastasised. In addition i feel that the solution to these anarchists is not to merely abuse them and dismiss them as ignoramuses, because they do present a real threat to the corporate existence of nigeria. Like it or not we need to take them seriously and engage them constructively and yes, where it is in the best interest of the country make concessions to them, because nigeria simply cannot bear the material and human losses that will be inflicted if these guys are taken head on.

7. The saying that he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones should be repeated to obj because i do not believe that he is oblivious or innocent of the rampant "chopping" going on by the top hierarchy of PDP, his own time may not be too far off, maybe thats why he doesnt want to step down anymore, maybe he is now scared of even his own shadow.

I look forward to responses from you guys.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by klex(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2005
ps: by "theft" i mean burglary and not financial crimes.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Danfo(m): 11:25pm On Sep 28, 2005
The Governor is definitely a rogue, on a second search of his home they found another 100, 000 pounds!

We should never condone any form of corruption and abuse of office, however after reading about his re-arrest and being remanded in Brixton prison it now seems to me that  the primary issue is no longer money laundering or corruption, but that of international diplomacy, status, and prestige of Nigeria in the sight of the international community.

Although the guy travelled on his Nigerian passport and not his diplomatic passport I feel he should be sent back to Nigeria to face the music in order to save 45-Years old Nigeria  from a shameful and disgraceful episode. Just imagine a Nigerian State Governor in a London cell. What a shame on every Nigerian!!

We have devalued our Naira, undervalued our honorary degrees, and for Obasanjo to now allow this embarrassment to continue in the glaring sight of the world I think he (Obasanjo) is now devaluing our diplomatic status before the comity of nations.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by texazzpete(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2005
some of the comments you guys make really amazesme. here we have thieves who steal nigeria blind and all u can spout is crap about our image.
when last did you breakfast on pride? is that what u eat?
money that can be better spent developing our country is being stolen, and its the same cautious approach some of you are suggestign that has failed dismally to check this.
stiffer penalties, more public humiliation etc is what is needed. the whole world sees Nigeria as fulkl of crooks. at least, let us be seen as TRYING to stamp out corruption. that will help us better than trying to paper up the cracks.
simple
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2005
@ texazzpete
We are not saying the man isn't rogue or thief, we are rather concerned by the effect it will have on our country's reputation. In this case, though we know we possess all these evil attributes, we pretend to be free from them atleast to clear our tracks from the international community. I believe with the EFCC here, we can resolve the issue internally, bringing him to proper justice.   
Like what Klex said: 
Do you think George Bush can instruct that an American Governor be arrested on foreign soil?
  You see they (US) will exhibit some level of maturity unlike Obasanjo playing sycophancy maybe to gain his selfish interest why his home (country) suffers in moral insolence, world-wide. This will be the highest level of humiliation to Nigeria.
Inorder to reduce the dent this has subjected to Nigeria, I advice we exercise the law (diplomatic immunity) unless we feel  our law is too inferior to be applied in country like England (shame!!!), then we go ahead sheepishly, loosing our pride before the world.
Nawa oooooooo, one man's crime will bring bad name to my treasured country cry cry cry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by whiteshark(m): 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2005
@drbigdaddyg .. not so true..

If the man was arrested in the country, he would have been granted the so much talked about Immunity and that will put paid to any investigation or prosecution and implementation of justice. As we are all aware, diplomatic immunity does not cover a governor of a sate within a sovereign state. ..ie, na only OBJ and Atiku nai get am 4 naija.... As much as we know that the real reason 4 the arrest and humiliation of the man was mostly politically motivated, I think we are towing the right path here. In one of my previous posting, I suggested that we change our present way of thinking and blend with the new world order which stipulates that should be made to answer for his/her crimes against humanity or state. It is basic law in western countries that you need to declare amounts above certain figures while crossing its borders and if the man did not do that and he was carrying that much money, then he should explain why he had that much cash and the source of it.

Understand that the man's salary is not up to six hundred dollars a month so were he come get one million pounds If it means that the government of this country will embarrass a serving governor for the general populace to sit up and know that it is not” business as usual" then I am 100% in support of it.

So that we all might learn..
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Bibi(m): 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2005
@Whiteshark,

thanks O jare. I don't understand this hypocrisy of bringing the guy home to face "proper" justice when we all know that the political immunity within Nigeria will not allow "proper" justice, at least we are all living witnesses to how Dariye ran away on bail under similar circumstance. It was the same cry of Let him come home to face proper justice and what has happened? He came back to his governorship position and his political immunity cannot allow his prosecution. Even the goons in the state house of assembly refuse to investigate such impeachable offence. Hence the thieves are propering and protected.

If Nigeria has to suffer humiliation so that certain vices be corrected or at least minimized in our political class, then so be it. At least, we all know now that all these briefcase leaders will think twice before carrying their loaded briefcases across bothers again.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by CimonJorr(m): 11:47am On Oct 02, 2005
In addition to this...

We are all alive to bear witness to the result of what happened when a person no less than a Minister of the Federal Republic came out to lay accusations against some Senators.. They all crucified him... [the erstwhile Minister for Education..]..

We don't even have to shed light on the then travails of the erstwhile Minister for FCT, who had to appear before the Senate with his entire family to beg for forgiveness for making an intemperate statement.. [since when did it now resort to becoming a family affair?? ]...

Nigeria has now become a country where the rich and powerful look after themselves... Need we remind ourselves what happened when the last batch of Senators ended their last tenure.. the Government quarters where they were resided were sold to themselves.. only God knows why??..  or on what basis...

Even if the so-called proponents for the "postponement of investigation, arraingment and possible trial" of such persons as a state Governor, in the hope of preserving Nigeria's good international image and reputation; were to have their wishes granted, what is the guarantee that such a trial would come to pass, or that they would even be around to be tried in the first instance..

Bibi:

@Whiteshark,

thanks O jare. I don't understand this hypocrisy of bringing the guy home to face "proper" justice when we all know that the political immunity within Nigeria will not allow "proper" justice, at least we are all living witnesses to how Dariye ran away on bail under similar circumstance. It was the same cry of Let him come home to face proper justice and what has happened? He came back to his governorship position and his political immunity cannot allow his prosecution. Even the goons in the state house of assembly refuse to investigate such impeachable offence. Hence the thieves are propering and protected.

If Nigeria has to suffer humiliation so that certain vices be corrected or at least minimized in our political class, then so be it. At least, we all know now that all these briefcase leaders will think twice before carrying their loaded briefcases across bothers again.

Another view point....

Which do you think the international community would take more seriously.. or give more credence..

- A situation where a government in power visibly and transparently tries to do all in it's power to prosecute/all for prosecution people who are suspected of wrong-doing??

or

- A situation where a government, under the umbrella of "soverignty and immunity" insist on such people being sent home for a trial which, from past trends, will never come to pass..

Would the international community praise our efforts at making attempts to bring corrupt public officials to book?? [no matter the means involved??]..

Or would they scratch their heads in abandonment at our two-faced'ness.. where on the one hand we are crying for reparation of all our stolen resources and claiming that they facilited the original plundering, and yet on the other we are facilitating the non-procecution of people who should currently be investigated for these same crimes against the nation??

postscript...
What guarantee do we have that by waiting 2-3 years for these public officials to vacate office prior to commencing investigation, and arraingment for these crimes... that it would still be possible for these people to be prosecuted??.. Would the scent of these crimes still be there to be followed for proper investigation??.. would these people still be available in the country for prosecution??.. Would the powers that be not have encacted laws to prevent such prosecution??.. what of if the people themselves pass on [die] and leave this ill-gotten wealth to their heirs.. would we be in a position to prosecute them??..

Let's keep things simple please..

The guy is "innocent till proven guilty".. if he's truly as innocent as he alleges to be, he should have nothing to fear from the investigation, prosecution and accompanying trial... tongue

drbigdaddyg:

@ texazzpete
We are not saying the man isn't rogue or thief, we are rather concerned by the effect it will have on our country's reputation. In this case, though we know we possess all these evil attributes, we pretend to be free from them atleast to clear our tracks from the international community. I believe with the EFCC here, we can resolve the issue internally, bringing him to proper justice.   
Like what Klex said:    You see they (US) will exhibit some level of maturity unlike Obasanjo playing sycophancy maybe to gain his selfish interest why his home (country) suffers in moral insolence, world-wide. This will be the highest level of humiliation to Nigeria.
Inorder to reduce the dent this has subjected to Nigeria, I advice we exercise the law (diplomatic immunity) unless we feel  our law is too inferior to be applied in country like England (shame!!!), then we go ahead sheepishly, loosing our pride before the world.
Nawa oooooooo, one man's crime will bring bad name to my treasured country cry cry cry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by joftech(m): 2:44pm On Oct 02, 2005
Corruption is a worldwide phenomenon. The only thing that make me sick is the way people flaunt proceeds from corruption here with impunity.

Corruption in most of the respected countries in the world are worst than what's obtainable here. The only difference is that people overthere are more enlightened than our people here.

I personally will never bother if these stupid gays calling themselves politicians can provide me with regular power supply, prompt payment of good wages to workers and transparency in government dealings
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:57am On Oct 03, 2005
You are really right JOFTECH.  I wonder why Nigeria no matter how good they try to be are still regarded as the most corrupt country whereas, US and other civilized countries are taken as saints. Do I have to start mentioning their crimes or are those crimes neglected because they are world rulers. Uptil now, I have been all ears eager to hear about the hidden chemical weapons in Iraq. Are they still on search grin?   Let us not condemn ourselves as there might be surprises during judgment day; you'll see that Nigeria might score lowest in most-corrupt countries in the world, before God.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Missworld(f): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2005
The whole system is corrupted!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by otokx(m): 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2005
the fight against corruption should be done across the board and not against perceived enemies of the ruling federal government.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by CimonJorr(m): 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2005
well..

step by step... we'll get there.. hopefully... some day..
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Balogun(m): 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2005
how many states do we have in Nigeria now. I havent been back in such a long time. Last I remeber we had 19 states. What is this Bayelsa state. What does it mean and who lives in it. Sounds like the makings of a banana republic
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Bibi(m): 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2005
OMG!!, You are indeed the Balogun of Edinburg.. cheesy

We now have 36 states plus Abuja, the federal capital territory.

See details here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_of_Nigeria
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Missworld(f): 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2005
This gentleman Balogun really needs to update his history.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by uchesco(m): 1:04am On Oct 06, 2005
Here is some new stuff on the thieving Governor sad angry.... Readers reactions are... of course veerry welcome.

The highlighted parts are mine... and while u read this,just remember.....
BAYELSA IS THE ONLY STATE IN NIGERIA THAT IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE NATIONAL GRID THAT SUPPLIES OUR
STILL UNSTABLE ELECTRICITY................ cry cry

Date: 13 July, 2005
The Chairman,
Economic And Financial Crimes Commission
Plot 1017 And 1018 Coree Bay Crescent,
Off Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent,
Wuse II, PMB 166, F.C.T, Abuja.

Sir,
Re: Complaint Of Money Laundering Against Chief Abel Ebifemowei, Mrs. Preye Joy Ereboh (Nee Alamieyeseigha) Mr. Enetonbrapa Alamieyeseigha, Seleake Alamieyeseigha, Miss Embeleakpo Alamieyeseigha, Honourable Ereboh, And Chief Mrs. Margaret Alamieyeseigha

REQUEST FOR INVESTIGATION
1. Messrs Ebika Ebikeseiye, Enoch Dimieye, And Gibson Ibe who are indigenes of Bayelsa State of Nigeria and the president, secretary and operations officer respectively of the Coalition Against Corruption with its office at Opolo -Yenagoa Bayelsa State of Nigeria hereinafter referred to as our clients have retained our professional services as solicitors and have passed firm and definite instructions to us to petition your esteemed office to lodge a complaint of money laundering against Chief Abel Ebifemowei, Mrs. Preye Joy Ereboh (Nee Alamieyeseigha, Seleake Alamieyeseigha, Miss. Embelakpo Alamieyeseigha, Hon. Ereboh and Chief Mrs. Margaret Alamieyeseigha and to passionately request you to use your good offices to carry out a full-scale investigation of their complaint.

2. Our clients informed us that in earnest and patriotic response to the clarion call on all Nigerians by Mr. President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo to partner with his administration to frontally fight against corruption and all economic crimes in all ramifications in all facets of our national life, they carried out private investigations into the widespread allegations of corruption and money laundering by close relations and children and of their State Governor Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha. Their findings are mind boggling revelations of money - laundering by Chief Abel Ebifemowei, a cousin and a special Adviser of the Governor, Mrs. Preye Joy Ereboh first daughter of the Governor, married to the majority leader of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, Hon Ereboh and three other children of the State Governor whose names are Mr. Enetonbrapa Alamieyeseigha, Mrs. Seleake Alamieyeseigha. The findings also reveal that Chief Mrs. Margaret Alamieyeseigha and her son-in-law, Hon Ereboh facilitated all the money laundering activities of her children.

3. The details of our client's findings in respect of each of the above-mentioned persons in three commercial banks in Yenagoa are set out in the schedule annexed to this letter while extracts of bank statements showing the details of the lodgments in the accounts complained of in Yenagoa branches of Prudent Bank Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, and Zenith Bank Plc are annexed and marked as Annexures "BB" "CC" and "DD" respectively. The highlights of the money laundering transactions are as follows: -

(a) Chief Abel Ebifemowei, to our clients' knowledge lodged and/or transferred a total of:
(i) 1,043,655.79 USD
(ii) 173,365.41 GBP
(iii) N556,455,893.34
(Five hundred and fifty five million, four hundred and fifty five thousand eight hundred and ninety three Naira thirty four kobo) between 3/10.2001 and 31/5/2005 in three banks in Yenagoa.

It is pertinent to state that until sometime in August 2003, when he was appointed a special adviser to the Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Abel Ebifemowei was a transport officer in the civil service of Bayelsa State of Nigeria. Our clients further maintain that they are also aware that Chief Abel Ebifemowei operates several high profile accounts in his personal name and in the corporate names of EDUBAMO Ventures, Mowei Communications and Ebilayefa Resources Ltd in Standard Trust Bank Plc (STB), Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GTB) and Prudent Bank Plc.

(b) That three of the children of Chief Alamieyeseigha namely Mr. Enetonbrapa Alamieyeseigha, Mr. Seleake Alamieyeseigha and Miss Embelakpo Alamieyeseigha paid into their accounts in Guaranty Trust Bank, Yenagoa Branch a total of N45,829,904.86 in one day (27/4/2005). These children are all students.

(c) Mrs. Preye Joy Ereboh (Nee Alamieyeseigha), first daughter of Chief Alamieyeseigha, who is a civil servant also paid into her five accounts in Guaranty Trust Bank in Yenagoa Branch in three days namely 28/4/2005, 29/4/2005 and 31/5/2005 a total of N472,363,102.98 (Four hundred and seventy two million, three hundred and sixty three thousand, one hundred and two Naira, ninety eight kobo).

4 Our clients are of the firm view that Governor Alamieyeseigha has converted Bayelsa State and its resources into an exclusive colony for his nuclear and extended family and that while his said family revel in unfathomable wealth, the welfare and interests of the people of Bayelsa who are the real beneficiaries and owner of these resources are suffering criminal neglect. Socio-economic and infrastructural development in the State is consequently progressing at sleep - walking pace.

5 Our client's prayer, therefore, is that Chief Abel Ebifemowei, Mrs. Preye Joy Ereboh (Nee Alamieyeseigha) Mr. Enetonbrapa Alamieyeseigha, Seleake Alamieyeseigha, Miss Embeleakpo Alamieyeseigha, Hon. Ereboh and Chief Mrs. Margaret Alamieyeseigha should in furtherance of the anti-corruption crusade launched by the Federal Government, be arrested and subjected to thorough investigation for money laundering and where found culpable prosecuted in accordance with the extant laws against money laundering and other financial crimes. Our clients are confident that a thorough investigation of their complaint by your office using their preliminary findings as a foundation will unveil more sordid but rewarding recoveries.

6 We are confident that you will apply your evident commitment to the noble task of ridding our country of corruption and money laundering to bear on our client's complaint and ensure that the full wrath of the law is visited on Chief Abel Ebifemowei and his co-felons.

7 Accept the assurances of our highest regards and consideration as we look forward for your speedy and decisive action on our clients' complaint.

Yours faithfully,

O.O Ogah & Co.

Cc:
His Excellency,
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo,
The President and Commander in Chief of The Armed Forces Of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria,
State House, Abuja.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Hndholder(m): 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2005
More of this
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2005
Nawa ooooooooooh!!!
That three of the children of Chief Alamieyeseigha namely Mr. Enetonbrapa Alamieyeseigha, Mr. Seleake Alamieyeseigha and Miss Embelakpo Alamieyeseigha paid into their accounts in Guaranty Trust Bank, Yenagoa Branch a total of N45,829,904.86 in one day (27/4/2005). These children are all students.
For students to have acquired such money in a country like this, that means we have gotten the solution of which has led so many of us to "Baba" in search for the cause of the incessant poverty in Nigeria; a situation where we toil the whole day  just to have three square meal that day.
Let them and their cohorts be bisected inorder to make sure no dime is left with them, then, whatelse undecided ok, jail them tongue
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by whiteshark(m): 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2005
he web is getting thiker by the day. This guy is deffinately going to JAIL !!!

Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Danfo(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2005
WHEN ALAMIEYESEIGHA RETURNS

"In the depraved psyche of the Nigerian, Alamieyeseigha, in all likelihood will return home to a robust and roaring reception if the British authorities spare him a hefty jail term for his alleged crime of money laundering. This expected reception will be consistent with the meaning of his name, "Diepreye" - "this is my own share, ......"

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/david-west/100405.html
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by dereksdont: 12:32am On Oct 09, 2005
this arrived in my mail box and seems to be a direct request for me to participate in a money laundering operation

Dearly Beloved,

I need to discuss with you as soon as possble regarding matters holding
me
here in London and a possible partnership to make good money for
yourself.

My boss Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha of Bayelsa State has been held
here. We came in together and I have the bulk of the funds from which a
part was discovered with him and arrested. I need a link outside the Uk
to
take this to safety. I will need to wire it but I have to use a
reliable
link outside the Uk.I cannot reach by phone or anything because Iam
been
monitored.

You can search the internet with his name above or just check the few
links
below my email,and you will know what is going on and that this is not
a
joke.I have been able to get a few list of security company here and a
few
lawyers whom I have not informed but if I tell you what to do, through
them
we can move this money out to your account and I will give you your
share.

I cannot give more information as I am afraid of whom Iam contacting. I
need
to act fast. Let me know if you can help and I will send more
info.reach me
on the email below only.I will not open the other box.

Abubark Idris. abubark@box.az

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad / Osun 2022: Aregbesola Declares War, Criticizes Oyetola, Tinubu, Akande / Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.