Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! (21160 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Former Bayelsa Governor Alamieyeseigha Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Bibi(m): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2005
@dereksdont, Please pass on this info to your contact: - If you want, I can give you the numbers and wires that can be used outside UK. They are not monitored and a fully dedicated for these type of lovely transactions. But to give you this info, you have to transfer to me, a sum of 5000 pounds via western union. Once I recieve, I will send you futher info.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2005
Beware of Abijan guyz (419ers). I am telling you the truth my brother.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by IB7(f): 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2005
I think it is a disgrace that a governor of a state or rather a state official in nigeria will be arrested with no diplomatic regards thus he should be granted one.  This is another way nigeria/nigerians are looked down by other nations in the world.  I sincerely believed that although he's being made an a scapegoat, there are many others so called politicians who are involved in money laundering in nigeria. As a matter of fact not many others but "all politicians"  It is a good start but all those arrogants politicians would not want to use the U.K. for their vaults.  If I were the U.K. government I would start with Obansanjo. 
If the international community and nigeria herself wants change in nigeria, they have to start from the top-bottom.  Starting from the middle or upper middle is only going to increase the tactics used in corruptions in nigeria.  That being said, guys it is very transperant of what is going on with this so called arrest... think about it.  If the governor and the president got some beef going they shouldn't put their dirty laundry for the public to laugh at....geez As much as Obansanjo is in favor of catching those thieves and flushing out those bad apples, he should (as head of state) support the immediate release of the governor, maybe not publically.  Another reason nigeria/nigerians will always be apart and in pieces. I am sure Bush won't be so reluctant like Obansanjo if it involves one of the governors of the united states.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Bibi(m): 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2005
@I.B: I disagree with your arguement that OBJ should influence the realease of the governor and turn a blind eye to his offence. If so, why shouldnt OBJ do this for every Nigerian caught for 419 or money laundering? DSP should be made to face the music. In fact, the Nigerian law offering immunity to public officials from prosecution needs to be repealed, this is the big problem why ICPC could not bring these currupt politicians to justice. For your info, Bush will make anyone face the music.

@I.B: Your arguement sounds like a paid adverticement.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by IB7(f): 9:30pm On Oct 10, 2005
I have heard about this news from some friends.  I was never interested in nigerian news especially online.  I guessed I am looking at this from a young adult female prospective.  You and I know that Obansanjo is a corrupt man as much as he proclaimed to be a democrat christian.  I just don't think everything is playing out right in the public eyes.  As much as I hate to say this....public officials are not civilians.  There is a reason why they are in public offices.  I bet you if we (both of us) can have the access to dig out obansanjo's laundry we will find many disgraceful things which recently took place.....say last week or last month, what do u think?  I believed that all politicans are stupid and ignorant in nigeria.  Stupid cuz they can't see the beauty of many industrial nations and make a change for nigeria.  Ignorant cuz they are selfish and cares not for their fellow nigerians (namely civilians/avg nigeria like my families.....obansanjo's so called change regarding money laundering I think is hypocritical).  Is like they only went to grade school and didn't even finish junior high.   And for your info, Bush will not make anyone face the music.  You and I know that very well.  People like Martha Stewart who are not in the club can only face the music.  This governor in jail is being made an scapegoat that's my take on it.  And I believed that it is a sad situation for nigeria/nigerians as a whole because it ain't gonna stop the corruption but only makes it worst.  This arrest is not for the sake of the mother nation but amongst rivals.  Think about it my dear.....
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Bibi(m): 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2005
@I.B: I do not base my arguements on immagination or hearsay. Whenever we have data on OBJs currupt practices, I will takle him with the same relish I'm tackling DSP. There will always be a scapegoat. It needs to start somehwere, so if its DSP, so be it. Dariye ran away from UK under similar circumstances and now most pulic officials in Nigeria (I read in the Nigerian online dailies ) are now shying away from overseas trip..., why? Because they fear that what happened to DSP may happen to them. If they don't have any Skeleton, no reason not to travel as usual? What is DSP doing with more than a million pounds in a brifcase he travellled with from Nigeria? If its legitimate, why don't him move it through the banks, why carry in briefcase?

If you are against DSP being a scapegoat, then it looks to me that you are on of those rubber stamping corruption in Nigeria.

As for OBJ, I disagree with you, I don't know if hes a corrupt man. I don't even know if any other politician is corrupt. But what I know is, if you are caught, you dance to the music. No one is gulity until proven so.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2005
Bibi, nawaaaaaoo!
You have definitely chosen to condemn the man. Anyways, the man worth that to have got such a money in his account.
But, lets just talk of our interest in this issue; do we think this matter is not going to affect we innocent citizens that will one day want to travel to UK or any other civilized country? Are u sure if our governor is jailed there, we will not be condemned by the whole world as evil-nation? A situation where you'll want to have a joint business with a foreigner and he hearing you are from Nigeria, will hands off immediately. Look at what happened when I was chatting in yahoo messenger's room where some one from Germany advertised a business he is into and will want someone to help him run>>>>> " PLS IF YOU ARE A NIGERIAN, YOU ARE NOT REFERRED. I'LL WANT SOMEONE INTERESTED IN COMPUTER-HARDWARES BUSINESS TO PM RIGHT NOW"
Just imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can we then knowing our stand in the world, yet, help condemning ourselves? Are US better than us? Prove it, or, is being the world-power an immunity that protects them from their crimes? Let me know please!!! How many times have Nigeria been engaged in war? whereas, they US and others are shedding blood of innocent souls in the name of searching for chemical weapons which till today have not been seen.
Lets think twice
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by CimonJorr(m): 11:37am On Oct 11, 2005
@ drbigdaddyg..

Sorry bro.. but this is a rather myopic way of looking at things..

A governments' war against corruption is definitely not going to affect the common man's opportunities of travelling or doing business with other countries/nationalities.. it can only enhance the inter-country interactions, and augment trust and accountability....

Show me where anyone in the world would rather prefer a country hide their corrupt practices and pretend like all's well.. or show the world how corrupt some people can be and their attempts to bring them to book...

And for general consumption..

A few years ago, for the "average Nigerian" to travel overseas was hell.. Now, as long as u have ur legitimate papers, it's much easier.. these are the rewards of the governments' attempts at fighting corruption..

And for the contributor who says Bush won't offer his people up for investigation.. if Bill Clinton could offer himself up for it, why not Bush or his people [Governors]
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2005
@CimonJorr ,
Is really true but, do u know what might be occurring in their mind? They might reason it this way maybe, ..........."if a leader who should be trustworthy is involved in this kind of crime, who else in his province (country) should be trusted? Such offence spread like burning fuel. It would have been better if it was some other person other than, the President, Governor or maybe, Senate President; these people are very sensitive and each crime committed by them openly, can bring the particular country they belong from "lowest crime-committed country" to highest crime-committed country, instantly.
Anyways, let me give up.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Jakumo(m): 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2005
Could it be that the Gov is simply being misunderstood by the London Metropolitan Police with regards to the million pounds petty cash discovered in his hotel room, and his ownership of all that exclusive London real estate ? 

With all due respect I would like to propound the theory that our honorable Bayelsa Gov's storage of all that wealth in London was in fact a master-stroke of prudent financial foresight, intended to protect the liquid assets of his state in the stable economic climate of Great Britain, so that his people, ably represented by his immediate family, would always have something to fall back on in lean times.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by CimonJorr(m): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2005
@ Jakumo..

With all due respect, I would like to advance a theory too...

That you most definitely do not live in Nigeria presently, and have never been to Bayelsa state, talkless of the Niger Delta region..

Now let's reason along your lines of thot..

Jakumo:

Could it be that the Gov is simply being misunderstood by the London Metropolitan Police with regards to the million pounds petty cash discovered in his hotel room, and his ownership of all that exclusive London real estate ?

With all due respect I would like to propound the theory that our honorable Bayelsa Gov's storage of all that wealth in London was in fact a master-stroke of prudent financial foresight, intended to protect the liquid assets of his state in the stable economic climate of Great Britain, so that his people, ably represented by his immediate family, would always have something to fall back on in lean times.

You postulate that the Governor is being "misunderstood"... Both by his people, but most importantly by the London Metropolitan Police.. that he's only exercising "prudent financial foresight" in taking resources [liquid assets] meant for the betterment of his people overseas so they would have something to fall back on in lean times..

Have you heard yourself speak lately??

If I follow you correctly, which I'm sure I'm doing at the moment, you're proposing that the people continue to suffer presently.. Suffering from poor health care, and infrastructural development.. to reap future benefits based on the speculation that if the states resources is kept in "liquid cash" in foreign countries, so if the Naira gets further devalued to say 1000 naira to the UK pound, then they would reap the benefits.. [there's no other argument which I can put a spin on, following the trend of thot you've already laid down]..

If that is the supposed intent, I pray that your prayers , or the prayers of such an individual, go unanswered forever more.. I also wonder what the intent was to serve the public in the first instance.. He may as well have remained in whatever business he was into initially, instead of specualting trash with public funds (still working on the hypothesis that the Governor is being misunderstood) ..

In fact, you know what I do recommend for u..

I suggest that you create time and take a trip into Bayelsa state.. Not just along the Ughelli - PH expressway... Not into the state capital (Yenegoa).. But into the interior.. into the creeks.. into the heart of the riverine areas.. where people still built their houses on stilts... where in the advent of flooding, houses get washed away.. Where they suffer from lack of electricity and potable water.. then tell me if you still so persuaded to take "liquid resources" meant for the immediate benefit of the people, and stash overseas.. like rice in a silo.. tongue

Saint...
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by CimonJorr(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2005
@ drbigdaddyg..

drbigdaddyg:

@CimonJorr ,
Is really true but, do u know what might be occurring in their mind? They might reason it this way maybe, ..........."if a leader who should be trustworthy is involved in this kind of crime, who else in his province (country) should be trusted? Such offence spread like burning fuel. It would have been better if it was some other person other than, the President, Governor or maybe, Senate President; these people are very sensitive and each crime committed by them openly, can bring the particular country they belong from "lowest crime-committed country" to highest crime-committed country, instantly.
Anyways, let me give up.

We are all part of an international "Community".. Nigeria does not exist in Isolation.. And the people there do not think much more differently than you and me...

Let me put it across to you this way..

If you had two associates.. One who is known to openly mix and associate with fraudsters and 419'ers.. and the other who is morally upright and upstanding.. who would you desire to make your friend?? ...

the international community thinks and reasons along these lines, like any sane individual...

Trust me.. travel more and mix with people from other nations.. you'll find out that this is more or less the true state of affairs..
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Missworld(f): 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2005
Gosh CimonJorr! Stop tackling people for crying out loud!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by IB7(f): 4:29am On Oct 12, 2005
As a port-harcourt native, I don't want to be seem as taking sides nevertheless Cimonjorr is right and wrong.  Maybe because he's in manchester. Living in texas has not change my view as thinking of the world as a broad intercompany.  Constantly sitting on the other side of the river trying to put down nigeria/nigerians down is absurb.  Saying that ".....Show me where anyone in the world would rather prefer a country hide their corrupt practices and pretend like all's well.. or show the world how corrupt some people can be and their attempts to bring them to book... ... " is ignorant we both know this is done in America everyday unless if you are like the governor and martha stewart , you are bound to be an scapegoat.
On the record, I do not support the governor deeds neither do I support martha for inside trade.  My point, Cimojorr is Bush will not give d*** cheney, neither will he give his chief of staff up for a REAL investigate.it is politics.  Come off it.  Don't let America blind you, please.  Living in texas all through junior high and over half of myself has not made me ignorant.  White man is more corrupt than black man.the black man just don't have the skills to play it right.  Obansanjo, Atiku, Babangida, the governmor, Odili and all other politicians in nigeria needs to be investigated, period if they want to fight the war of money laundering.  This is politics, inside politics in nigerian and of course like usual nigerians have no shame.  The governor has no shame, letting citizens die of poverty while he lavishs their liquided natural resources in another industialized country.  He should be ashamed of himself carrying stolen cash from back home into a white man's country.  What is wrong with investing it in Bayelsa or port-harcourt, at least close to home.  Gezzzzzzzz dummies.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Jakumo(m): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2005
CimonJorr my earlier submission suggesting that the Gov was "investing" rather than stealing all that money, was intended as a joke, to inject some humour into an otherwise serious subject - namely the looting of Nigeria by its leaders.  I was simply re-cycling the amusing defence put up by the late and unlamented General Abasha to rationalize the plunder of the national wealth into his private foreign accounts.

The plight of the folks in the creeks of the Niger Delta, where all Nigeria's wealth comes from, is real and should concern anyone who values peace in Nigeria as a whole. Lighten up CimonJorr, for humour can be used to convey deadly serious points, and can often do so more effectively than finger-wagging indignation.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:59am On Oct 12, 2005
CimonJorr,
I just pray you don't get involved in Nigerian politics one day, because I foresee more evils to be incarnated by you.  Maybe, you are acting all these because you have become a UK citizen or whatever; you now feel you can help scandalize one's nation.
Do you know when I would have been very stern on the governor? ....if he had been the only person that has got the stain, but a situation where we are saying: crucify him, maybe because our sins have not yet been exposed.
One thing I know very well is Bush himself will view this in two ways: the other being how a country can give in cowardly, his governor to another country, to be tried there, put in jail maybe in a place where Armed robbers and other condemned criminals are put. It will really be stupid.
Let us just look at it in more than one view, this can be belittling to our country.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by joshjosh(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2005
some of u are seriosly naive. i know the reason why have problem criticizing this thief is that u know u will do worse if u have access to the nations treasuries.

one doesnt need to be a UK citizen to know what is right and wrong. thieving if there is a word like that is plainly wrong any where in the world. and for the lovely texan yes not even in your God's own country can one theif and expect to get away with it. i remember clitton and his people including wife being prosecuted for the white water land deal. yes there is curroption in the west but not on the evil scale as in nigeria.

i will not be surprised that some of the people defending this idiot here are personal benefactors of their loots.

a theif is a theif and should be prosecuted any where they are caught. saying he should be prosecuted in port harcourt is daft. with the curroption in nigeria who will be the police and lawyers? has any of u known a situation in nigeria where these guys where succesfully prosecuted before without people loosing their lives in mysterious circumstances?

nigeria and pakistan are the only 2 nations in the whole world where u cant operate a good economic policy / rating system. i worked in the bank some years ago. it was a standard practice for the local govt chairmen to pay a whole council cheque into his personal account to start getting interest while civil servants waiting probably 2 months in arears for the cash as wages suffer the more. at the state level it is another thing all together.

people shouldnt say nigeria is curropt because of what some germans or european may think. that is hog wash. we should think about changing our ways and approach to life.

babangida's stolen money has not been returned and yet the idiot wants to come back again. surprise! surprise! the hear no evil speak no evil brigade will vote for him because it is good for the countrys image not to criticize.

i hope i have not spoilt your day. i seriously think this guy should be locked up and the keys thrown into the thames.
i wish i can get a casual job at her majesty's prison. and all the theifs in nigeria should know that the game has changed and long may it continue.

those of you who benefits from this looting know too that business is no more as usual. u are a disgrace.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by CimonJorr(m): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2005
@ Jakumo...

I appologise if my post came off rather strongly.. It's because I have seen first hand the level of poverty in the Niger Delta region, and this is an issue I feel very strongly about..

I used to rate the Bayelsa Governor in high esteem.. Because I felt that his state was one of the few with low levels of strife.. But getting all this information has opened my eyes to the real reasons why development in that part of the country was rather retarded.. I used to feel that it was as a result of the 13% derivation battle.. Now I guess we know otherwise..

My appologies once again.. at miss-interpreting your attempt at humor..

Jakumo:

CimonJorr my earlier submission suggesting that the Gov was "investing" rather than stealing all that money, was intended as a joke, to inject some humour into an otherwise serious subject - namely the looting of Nigeria by its leaders. I was simply re-cycling the amusing defence put up by the late and unlamented General Abasha to rationalize the plunder of the national wealth into his private foreign accounts.

The plight of the folks in the creeks of the Niger Delta, where all Nigeria's wealth comes from, is real and should concern anyone who values peace in Nigeria as a whole. Lighten up CimonJorr, for humour can be used to convey deadly serious points, and can often do so more effectively than finger-wagging indignation.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2005
joshjosh cheesy
You are really right. I never meant letting him go free, he deserves  that. But, if Nigeria had been a country where only the guilts bear the "broth", I wouldn't have been so bothered.  In a situation where someone's sin is transferred to others maybe 'cos they live in the same country with him as I cited an instance where someone refused involving Nigerians in business maybe as a result of what Nigeria has already been taken for; all these things make me put up defenses inoder to get my track cleared from the aggressions leveled against all of us.
those of you who benefits from this looting know too that business is no more as usual. u are a disgrace
 I am nothing to the man. He is from whether delta, BAyelsa or whatever but, I am from Abia. So, you can justify it.
Finally, let him be brought to book; everything done in a way others will not be disregarded.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by CimonJorr(m): 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2005
@ Dr.BigDaddyG...

For your info.. I am not a UK citizen.. I am a proud Nigerian.. a sad, but proud Nigerian... Proud 'cos Nigeria is truly a great country with a wealth of resources.. [Human and otherwise].. we are a very hospitable and intelligent people..

But I am also a SAD Nigerian.. Sad 'cos it is the very same Nigerians who use their own hand to destroy what others have pain-stakingly built..

You say it would have been better of only the Governor was the accused [or guilty party].. that this is all a political charade.. designed to "witch-hunt" political enemies.. But the truth is, if the guy wasn't guilty he wouldn't be in that position in the first place.. So, let's stop playing politics here and look at the real moral issues involved.. People in that state are suffering.... if they were not, would you see action groups like Egbesu or people like Dokubo willing to "risk their lives" in order to bring the worlds' attention to that particular region of Nigeria..

Please note I'm not saying that the Governor is the only one who's hands are stained, but we have to start somewhere in trying to rid Nigeria of this problem.. And hiding behind "presenting a good international image of Nigeria" when the world knows otherwise just doesn't cut it..

And about me getting involved in politics.. Don't stress urself.. cos I'm about the most apolitical person I know.. but a word of cauction.. please don't get involved in politics urself.. cos you've proven to all that you are more concerned with peripheral issues rather than the mainstream... to put it in a lighter note, you've shown that it's of more concern to you how the food looks like to the public, rather than if it has been cooked properly..

Have a nice one..  grin

drbigdaddyg:

CimonJorr,
I just pray you don't get involved in Nigerian politics one day, because I foresee more evils to be incarnated by you.  Maybe, you are acting all these because you have become a UK citizen or whatever; you now feel you can help scandalize one's nation.
Do you know when I would have been very stern on the governor? ....if he had been the only person that has got the stain, but a situation where we are saying: crucify him, maybe because our sins have not yet been exposed.
One thing I know very well is Bush himself will view this in two ways: the other being how a country can give in cowardly, his governor to another country, to be tried there, put in jail maybe in a place where Armed robbers and other condemned criminals are put. It will really be stupid.
Let us just look at it in more than one view, this can be belittling to our country.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by joshjosh(m): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2005
no qualms. maybe this is the short inconvinience we have to go through to have a good name worldwide. we are already used to labelling every tribe so it is nothing new.

maybe you didnt know the reason we dont have foreign investment equalling the level of education in nigeria is the level of fraud amongst our people. the western world is busy now outsourcing their businesses to third world english speaking nations. only in our dreams would nigeria and pakistan be considered for such developments because apart from the violence and insecurity in the enviroment there is a high risk of the infomation/ data being compromised for a quick buck.

even good old hollywood is outsourcing its film editing to india, banks and public utilities are doing the same to malaysia, india and even france is going via gabon and some other africa french speaking nation.

we blame the govt. for not employing everybody. we can create the envieroment and make the great nation prosper and healthy. getting rich quick is our prefered way of living. whata great prize we pay for the way we live.

have a good day
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 1:35pm On Oct 12, 2005
@Cimonjorr
Is only the caring that 'll be after the welfare of his nation (welfare in the sense that, he doesn't want the image of his nation to be tarnished). In otherwords, you can see I have great concern for this morally bereaved country. What i want is that the country be pampered through till I emerge the President come one day. Then, I shall carefully purge the country of her stains, bring her up to a role model of all these countries you feel have arrived.
Or do we destroy ourselves before the Messiah comes?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by queen2(f): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2005
Embattled Bayelsa State Governor, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha got a reprieve Tuesday as the Southwark Crown Court in London granted him bail. He is likely to be freed from Her Majesty’s Prison in Brixton Wednesday.

The trial judge, at the appellate court, Justice Rivlin, granted the bail after set conditions were fulfilled by Alamieyeseigha, who has been facing a three-count charge of money laundering to the tune of £1.8 million since September 28.

The governor’s bail is coming at a time Bayelsa Deputy Governor, Chief Jonathan Goodluck, says that despite Alamieyeseigha’s travail the people of the state are not desirous of his replacement.

Daily Sun gathered that Alamieyeseigha met the bail conditions Tuesday, when Mr. Terry Waya, a notable Nigerian international businessman and a friend of the governor, deposited the £500,000 bail bond in the court’s account.
Waya confirmed to Daily Sun on phone Tuesday that the bail process went well with the Bayelsa governor satisfying the judge’s conditions. He said that Alamieyeseigha would leave the prison Wednesday.

Asked why the governor was not released immediately the conditions were met, Mr Waya explained that he had instructed his bankers, NatWest Bank, St. Johns Wood branch, to write a draft in the sum of £500,000 to the court but the court insisted on physical cash being paid into its account after which instruction would be given to the Brixton Prison to release the governor.

"My bank wrote to confirm that I deposited the money. In fact, the judge instructed the solicitors to expedite action and pay money as quickly as possible into the account, while the bail papers have been signed and in our custody," Waya said.
A letter dated October 11 and in which NatWest Bank informed Justice Rivlin of the request by Waya that £500,000 draft be paid to the Justice’s clerk and signed by Elizabeth Prior and Haydn Williams, Manager and Assistant Manager respectively of the St. Johns Wood branch, confirmed that Waya had sufficient funds to cover the draft from funds in his personal account held at the branch.
With his release on bail, Governor Alamieyeseigha will still not return to Nigeria as his main criminal trial for money laundering stands adjourned till November 3.
read more here: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2005/oct/12/national-12-10-2005-001.htm
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by saalma(f): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2005
it's indeed a shame but its good 4 nigerian leaders.if they didnt learn 4rm dariye,they probably will learn 4rm alamieyesieha
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Odeku(m): 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2005
I strongly disagree that this is a shame, the guy is greedy and selfish, let the thief hang himself. This bastard is a disgrace to mankind and to his family. why cant people learn from other peoples misfurtune. IF you steal hard earn money that does not belong to you, you will pay with your health and life. it might be long before the law catch up with you. but you will pay. So for all I care leave the bastard to routine in jail in obodo oyinbo. Nigeria need a iron hand, start dealing with this people mercilessly and I bet people will start thinking twice before the embezzle.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Odeku(m): 12:47am On Oct 18, 2005
We as a nation need to stand against this kind of act. people always think Britain is a save heaven to looters of the country money. my point is if we crucify this easter man, we need to take the same action to probe the IBB, the Umaru DIko not that i am bias on the issue. No Hausa man has ever been humiliated, or prosecuted on stealing in Nigeria. hello.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2005
That is it. My problem has never been that this man is arrested, but why he of all those people that have been looting and dangling with our money is probed. They cannot tell me there is no clue to hook all those people like IBB, Atiku and the rest of them to EFCC for investigation, after all they have cases in oputa panel and federal high court which is enough to track the out for these things. I don't believe in investigation after death; I know they Nigerian Govt. are only waiting for this people to die before they can now search their house and their banks. Thats cowardice!

Why is Obj claiming to be fighting against corruption without investigating all those criminals including himself? I will only know he is fighting against corruption when I see him pointing those evil men (even himself) for proper probation, otherwise, all he is doing is brainwashing our people.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Odeku(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2005
That's not true. so many people have said the president is clean, we have to start from some where, you can not build a forest in a day.  catch one thief and deal with him ruthlessly. the other thieves will be scared.  so at least commend Mr president for tackling this issue.  this is a start for Nigeria.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:55am On Oct 19, 2005
Are you sure he is tackling the issue or trying to helping himself?
Anyways, this is a start, atleast, I am sure every Governor now knows more will be accounted for than millions of pounds he will smuggle in there (ami) grin .
I rest the case peacefully.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by pharrod(m): 5:24am On Oct 24, 2005
Embattled Bayesa state Governor, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, already has some reprieve with the bail granted to him by the southwark crown court. But the question begging for answer is when will the embattle governorand Governor general of the ijaw nation come back home? When he eventually returns ,will he meet his coveted throne intact? This question becomes more pertinent given the cocktail of intrigues being played out around the office of the Governor of Bayelsa state.

The deputy Governor ,Goodluck Jonathan ,who has been under intense pressure to take over has insisted that Alamieseigha remains the governor and that the business of the government has not suffered. But for how long can he resist the pressures? The speaker of the house who once went into hidding is not known to be ready to broach the government's impeachment as some authority are canvassing in the back ground. Meanwhile some members of the assembly are being hounded for allegedly helping themselves to fat constituency funds. The issue however is about Alamieseigha contrary to the expectation for some of his relations and supporter who thronged the southwark court to receive him after the bail,the governor is now under arrest so to say.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Odeku(m): 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2005
For all i care, let him burn in OBODO OYINBO
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by CimonJorr(m): 11:58am On Nov 06, 2005
NEW DEVELOPMENTS... FYI...

For those interested...

Alamieyeseigha: How FG Foiled The Bail Bid.... FROM TUNDE OYEDOYIN, LONDON 
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction / "We Will Beg Buhari To Run In 2019" – APC / Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.