Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,487 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! (21163 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Former Bayelsa Governor Alamieyeseigha Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by CimonJorr(m): 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2005
the Messiah..... ?? smiley

drbigdaddyg:

@Cimonjorr
Is only the caring that 'll be after the welfare of his nation (welfare in the sense that, he doesn't want the image of his nation to be tarnished). In otherwords, you can see I have great concern for this morally bereaved country. What i want is that the country be pampered through till I emerge the President come one day. Then, I shall carefully purge the country of her stains, bring her up to a role model of all these countries you feel have arrived.
Or do we destroy ourselves before the Messiah comes?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by esiayo(m): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2005
that is what i have been saying. all the governors save one are all doing the same thing that has been happening since 1985- looting the country dry. i would not be surprised that when 'alan-thief' comes back to nigeria, he'll be welcomed with a chieftaincy title. THE ONLY SOLUTION TO CORRUPTION IN THIS COUNTRY IS PUNISHMENT BY DEATH PENALTY; believe it or not.
shame on obasanjo and his so called EFCC
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Missworld(f): 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2005
Oh dear! When is this guy going to jail and how many years is he gonna serve? I haven't been keeping up with his story for a while now.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Odeku(m): 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2005
Don't be surprise if he escape jail in London. They will find a way to beat the law. I personally hope he goes to jail to show no one is above the law, and maybe people will start thinking twice before they loot.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Jakumo(m): 7:05am On Nov 08, 2005
Nigeria's President Obasanjo has finally asked for the kleptomaniac governor to be stripped of office, and has also sent in a request that the Idi Amin-looking governor should not be allowed to leave the UK on bail, as his constitutional immunity in Nigeria would make it easy for him to avoid the UK's waiting jail cell for the rest of all time.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by dude(m): 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2005
now the already imponded gov's wife has been hijacked alonside her husband. it's been suggested that she will be charged with aiding and albeiting financial crime(whatever that means).
  while i dont hold any brief for her, or have any personal relationship with the alamiesiya's, i think this whole battle of fight against corruption is being taken to an unreasonable proportion.  i mean..if her husband is alleged to have siphoned public funds from a goverment she's not part of ( at least constitutionally), and she's been held on grounds of aiding him, then i think that is just not fair. wont be suprised if they eventually clamp down on their children.

how be it, i think this whole arrested issue is a point to a lapse in our legal system. because if we were efficient, we wont be leaving our duties to foreigners.

strictly my opinion...ur say?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by fabian(f): 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2005
Read: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=32911
Anyway, the latest is she was granted bail almost 12 hrs after being arrested. That's on the front page of today's guardian, but i can't get the link on the internet, sawry!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Odeku(m): 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2005
About time, the Gov denied the money, so it has to be her money, since they jointly own the house. someone own the money. and the Gov is a coward to put his wife and family in this mess. He should take responsibility for his action like a real man .
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by joftech(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2005
Your opinion is the worst i am yet to hear on the stealing of money that belong to the Bayelsans by that bastard.

The wife was arrested for being is possesion of 250,000 Pound Sterling. She herself is a thief.

I proclaim death to all those that are bent on ruining this nations economy.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Jakumo(m): 8:11am On Nov 11, 2005
Dude I doubt if the looting governor's wife would be unaware of where all that money came from.  A quarter of a million pounds spending cash was found in her possession, and amusingly she claimed that she intended to use it to purchase sewing machines for the impoverished women of Nigeria's Bayelsa State, whose treasury her husband had fleeced so comprehensively.

I have never held political office in any country, but I am certain that I would see the inside of a cold jail cell if I were ever stupid enough to be in possession of stolen money or property.  In such a hypothetical situation, I cannot imagine an arresting officer paying any attention to my protestation that I ought to be set free since I didn't sign the checks used to siphon the cash.  In this light, any over 18 children of the kleptomaniac governor should also face the music.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by joftech(m): 9:28am On Nov 11, 2005
God bless you Jakumo.

If she want to purchase sewing machines why can't she do that in Nigeria through a tender board.

All these people stealing Nigerians money will never spend the money in peace in Jesus Name.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Bishop4u(m): 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2005
Well this is going to serve as a good example to our state govenors cos they are too found of this doing it.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London! by Seun(m): 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2005

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha / Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal / Charly Boy Blasts Nigerian Youths Over Buhari & Atiku 2019 Race (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.