Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah (2667 Views)

Buhari’s Certificate: Defence Minister Flays Minimah Over Scandal / Daughter Of Ex Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Minimah, Weds (Photos) / Military Releases Pictures Of Battle Against Boko Haram In Gombi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by lakpalakpa: 12:44am On Jul 19, 2014
Boko Haram : Some soldiers chicken out of battle – Gen Minimah

on July 19, 2014 / in News 12:31 am / Comments

By KINGSLEY OMONOBI-ABUJA
Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. KTJ Minimah has confirmed the long held secret hat desertion, acts of cowardice and indiscipline within the army in the ongoing fight against terrorism was one of the greatest setbacks in checkmating Boko Haram insurgency in the country.

In a communiqué issued at the end of the third quarterly conference of the COAS, via the Defence Headquarters twitter handle @DefenceInfoNG, being a highlight of the COAS admonition, Minimah said “the rising acts of indiscipline and unprofessional conduct by troops was unbecoming and charged Commanders at all levels to put a stop to it as the Nigerian Army was a professional organization.”Gen-Minimah

He recalled the attempted mutiny by troops in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, against the then GOC 7 Division, Maj.Gen Ahmadu Mohammed saying, “A few issues needs to be urgently addressed that have caught my attention in recent weeks.

Principal among these is the rising acts of indiscipline and unprofessional conduct by troops. In this regard, the recent mutinous act in Maiduguri and reported destruction of public property in Lagos readily comes to mind. As a professional army, the conduct of our troops must be above board at all times”

Blaming it on the fact that most people, who joined the military in recent times, do so out of the need for employment and not passion for military service, Minimah said, “Desertion is part of warfare. We must accept that since the era of the Cartagena wars, soldiers had deserted from battle field. In our own case, we are doing recruitment now and we are also receiving presentations from across the country, from people who want their wards to be enlisted in the army”.

“But we need to have a thorough recruitment because mind you, there is high level of unemployment on ground; most people want jobs and if that job means joining the army fine. It is a source of employment.

However, when the reality of the military service comes, he drops his riffles. So desertion will continue to be there. We had desertion in ECOMOG; in the Nigerian Civil war and now it will continue to be there”.

“Also, acts of indiscipline will continue to be there but when they are caught, they are investigated and when they are found questionable they will face the Court-Martial”.

“Like I said, in a few months time, the war will be over. But I cannot give you a clear calendar date because this is war on terrorism. It cannot be determined in terms of concrete date”.

On allegations that the army was underperforming in the war on terror, he said, “The Nigerian Army is performing. I know the expectations of the Nigerian citizens but the expectation is rather too much in haste.

We need some time; we need patience and you must know we are fighting terrorism. We are not fighting a conventional war. Nigerian Army is a conventional and regular army”.

“The terrorist is someone you don’t know. It may be someone who sold food or fruit to you in the morning and by the afternoon he is the terrorist. We are having all that inter-play in the battle front in the North-East. We have to be conscious to separate the terrorist from the law abiding citizens and we also have human rights to protect”.

“We are fighting Nigerian citizens we are not fighting foreigners; so caution must be exercised. I appeal and assure that we will certainly surmount it but we also need support from the nation, from all segments of society and from the people including the media. And we need patience and time for us to do it.

We also have the equipment and the FG is introducing fresh and newer equipment to us which in a short while hopefully be there for use”.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/boko-haram-soldiers-chicken-battle-gen-minimah/#sthash.nEVLa2LV.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by lakpalakpa: 12:45am On Jul 19, 2014
[size=18pt]Acts of cowardice and indiscipline within the army in the ongoing fight against terrorism was one of the greatest setbacks in checkmating Boko Haram insurgency in the country.
[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by lakpalakpa: 2:07am On Jul 19, 2014
angry
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by OtunbaJega: 2:16am On Jul 19, 2014
I see another helicopter clash... heheheh

"PDP is boko haram"
- Gen. Andrew Azazi (RIP)

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by LordMecuzy(m): 2:49am On Jul 19, 2014
How won't they ChIcken Out?

When the recruitment process is Man Know Man filled with cousins n sons of Generals and Politicians, who see it as a means to Loot our financial treasury.

Thereby Leaving out those with the real Zeal and passion that want to Join the Nigerian Army

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by baby124: 3:11am On Jul 19, 2014
The people looting the security fund and the deserters know something the brave ones dont

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:26am On Jul 19, 2014
Maybe he should show an example and lead them into battle, like a General. grin

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by fitzmayowa: 3:39am On Jul 19, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Maybe he should show an example and lead them into battle, like a General. grin

Is this suppose to be funny
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by arewafederation: 3:53am On Jul 19, 2014
This General must be very wicked. You want bunch of underfed underarmed soldiers with their load and shoot rifles to stand against group of fearsome ,heavily armed with sophisticated RPG boko boys while you and other generals are in some luxirious hotel in Abuja receiving massages from your mistresses.
Nigeria is not worth dying for.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 19, 2014
LordMecuzy: How won't they ChIcken Out?

When the recruitment process is Man Know Man filled with cousins n sons of Generals and Politicians, who see it as a means to Loot our financial treasury.

Thereby Leaving out those with the real Zeal and passion that want to Join the Nigerian Army
Bro; those dat have the passion n have fought; where have they ended? (Several deaths of young officers n numerous soldiers)... U should be sensible n not go 2 waist ur life 4 nothing; d allowances 4 dos dead soldiers I can assure u 4 d 1st 3-6months; will go in2 d pockets of 1 big Boss(general),meking money n using peoples life as jackpots!!!

In civil climes; where they value d lives of their citizens n life of their soldiers; they would have employed drones; to do some hunting work 4 dem; why dia soldeirs invade when dey re damn sure; dey have neutralised f might of d enemy; diaby minimizing casualties on our side to d baerest minimum; not using our precious soldiers life as pawns!!!

So sorry; finally it is d citizenry dat will suffer the incompetence of the govt. It will always be like dat; dat is y it is d right of citizens to hold govt. To dia duties; protest; occupy d streets, till d desired changes are seen; @ least even if some of us die in d protest; d death toll; wouldn't have been upto d massacre going on in eastern borno,

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by tit(f): 6:09am On Jul 19, 2014
arewafederation: This General must be very wicked. You want bunch of underfed underarmed soldiers with their load and shoot rifles to stand against group of fearsome ,heavily armed with sophisticated RPG boko boys while you and other generals are in some luxirious hotel in Abuja receiving massages from your mistresses.

The general is just glossing over the truth.
The NA is not underfed or underarmed for the conflict with boko haram?
Some other people suggested the public buying equipment and night optics for our soldiers.
I was like "how many night vision optics do boko haram have?"
Are boko haram eating from a five star hotel in sambissa forest?

Minimah can hide the truth from the people,
But he cannot hide it from allah!
The soldiers shickening out from battle are boko haram sympathizers
Do not ask me for further details.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by pfijacobs(m): 6:24am On Jul 19, 2014
All dis generals sabi vex person sef... See.. D only tin wey our military sabi na to flog civilian drivers for go slow... After dat... Chingbai!!!! Notin else.... I no blame dem o if na me I for no even wait to chicken out... Chicken no dey fly na.. I for hawk out!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by Smartdoy(m): 6:34am On Jul 19, 2014
Na indiscipline him dey talk, he nor talk their unpaid Allowances and they want them to go & die! mo sorry gan
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by phlemzy: 7:14am On Jul 19, 2014
One would expect a soldier to be brave to the very end,provided the motivation & determination are intact. At the tthought of some pot-bellied Generals resident at the most secured quarters in FCT,living in luxury at the expense of soldiers' allowances,an average Nigerian soldier will begin to cherish his life than his job.
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 19, 2014
lakpalakpa: [size=18pt]Acts of cowardice and indiscipline within the army in the ongoing fight against terrorism was one of the greatest setbacks in checkmating Boko Haram insurgency in the country.
[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2014
we shall overcome!!!
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by kaboninc(m): 7:33am On Jul 19, 2014
This goes a long way to tell how informed and patriotic we are to our own country.
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by thegoodone2(m): 7:34am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by dridowu: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Maybe he should show an example and lead them into battle, like a General. grin
Gbam !!! Confirm !!!
@topic, does it worth it dying for my country ? Those that died during active service, have they pay their family? Those they pay, did they pay them the right thing ? Those concurrently on duty, is their any motivation for them ? Lot of question need an answer but i doubt if Gen Minimah can answer them with all sincerity .
Can i die for my country ? Answer not given
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by koboko69: 7:55am On Jul 19, 2014
tit:

The general is just glossing over the truth.
The NA is not underfed or underarmed for the conflict with boko haram?
Some other people suggested the public buying equipment and night optics for our soldiers.
I was like "how many night vision optics do boko haram have?"
Are boko haram eating from a five star hotel in sambissa forest?

Minimah can hide the truth from the people,
But he cannot hide it from allah!
The soldiers shickening out from battle are boko haram sympathizers
Do not ask me for further details.

What do i expect from you Jonathanian. Soldiers have complained of being under armed and allowances witheld unnecessarily or short payed u are here defending the incompetent General blaming his troops. What caused the mutiny in 7 div Maiduguri? Even the army claimed to be getting more weapons for the fight against BH, or didnt u see the news slapped on FP just this week? When he and his cronies are tired of looting the security budget, they will deal with the BH menace.
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by Evergreeen123: 7:59am On Jul 19, 2014
This chief of army staff is an APC member
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by maestroferddi: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2014
Oga COAS we want results and not turenci. You should know what to do to lift falling troop morale. Make the requisite tough call:weed out the pungent high corruption in the officer cadre and the rapidly diminishing prestige of the army will be restored.
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by Aphrygian(m): 8:23am On Jul 19, 2014
Buh people were abusing that governor that pointed that out now,NA is añ incompetent organisation;all they are competent for is to help rig elections and harass citizens
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by RockMaxi: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2014
Bla bla bla! Why are you still in Abuja? COAS why not lead? Do you think they are blind to how you have being treating the families of slain heroes
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by Aphrygian(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2014
Buh people were abusing that governor that pointed that out now,NA is añ incompetent organisation;all they are competent for is to help rig elections and harass citizens.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by Aphrygian(m): 8:25am On Jul 19, 2014
Buh people were abusing that governor that pointed that out now,NA is añ incompetent organisation;all they are competent for is to help rig elections and harass citizens.
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 19, 2014
dridowu: Gbam !!! Confirm !!!
@topic, does it worth it dying for my country ? Those that died during active service, have they pay their family? Those they pay, did they pay them the right thing ? Those concurrently on duty, is their any motivation for them ? Lot of question need an answer but i doubt if Gen Minimah can answer them with all sincerity .
Can i die for my country ? Answer not given

Then why enlist in the armed forces in the first place? The military is not an institution for mercantile hedonists concerned with profit-making, "welfare", comfort, and a pleasurable life. Anyone who chooses to join the military automatically SIGNS UP TO DIE FOR HIS OR HER COUNTRY. It doesn't matter if you'll be armed with only machetes and then made to face gun-wielding enemies in battle. That is what you voluntarily signed up for.

I find all this "poor welfare" or "lack of equipment" talk nonsensical. Joining the military is optional; you don't go there expecting to have things easy, or to find optimal/ideal conditons. If you don't have balls of steel, a patriotic mindset, and the mental readiness to die in battle, then you have no business seeking 'employment' there in the first place.

These Nigerian military guys are mostly cowards who join the armed forces for the wrong reasons. They want the money, the oppressive prestige conferred by the uniform, the impunity to misbehave or break the law and get away with it, and the opportunity to 'show power' to "bloody civilians". For no less than 90% of current soldiers, these were the main motivations for joining the Nigerian Armed Forces. These mõrons are pathetic and unprofessional cowards for the most part, it's as simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 19, 2014
arewafederation: This General must be very wicked. You want bunch of underfed underarmed soldiers with their load and shoot rifles to stand against group of fearsome ,heavily armed with sophisticated RPG boko boys while you and other generals are in some luxirious hotel in Abuja receiving massages from your mistresses.
get ur source right..Nigerian Army uses AK-47s
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by dridowu: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2014
pro01:
Then why enlist in the armed forces in the first place? The military is not an institution for mercantile hedonists concerned with profit-making, "welfare", comfort, and a pleasurable life. Anyone who chooses to join the military automatically SIGNS UP TO DIE FOR HIS OR HER COUNTRY. It doesn't matter if you'll be armed with only machetes and then made to face gun-wielding enemies in battle. That is what you voluntarily signed up for.
I find all this "poor welfare" or "lack of equipment" talk nonsensical. Joining the military is optional; you don't go there expecting to have things easy, or to find optimal/ideal conditons. If you don't have balls of steel, a patriotic mindset, and the mental readiness to die in battle, then you have no business seeking 'employment' there in the first place.
These Nigerian military guys are mostly cowards who join the armed forces for the wrong reasons. They want the money, the oppressive prestige conferred by the uniform, the impunity to misbehave or break the law and get away with it, and the opportunity to 'show power' to "bloody civilians". For no less than 90% of current soldiers, these were the main motivations for joining the Nigerian Armed Forces. These mõrons are pathetic and unprofessional cowards for the most part, it's as simple as that.
I will to reply you with this >>>>>
LordMecuzy: How won't they ChIcken Out?

@pro01, i got your point, though some people only want to enjoy the financial aspect of it . In addition you only talk about their welfarism , you forgot that majority of the junior officers have been short-change numbers of times , which i still believe that is one of the reason while they prefer to be chicken out.
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by arewafederation: 8:58am On Jul 19, 2014
Osahon7: get ur source right..Nigerian Army uses AK-47s

I don hear you Mr.Amoury expert.
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Boko Haram : Some Soldiers Chicken Out Of Battle – Gen Minimah by juman(m): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2014

I totally agreed with you, dying for nigeria does not worth it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do South Africans Hate Nigeria. / Profile Of GMB President Elect Including Marital Status / Nigeria Must Say Goodbye To Ethnicity And Say Hello To Merit. Sen Murray Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.