Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? (4667 Views)

Movies Or Series? Which Do You Prefer / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by mentorken05(m): 8:02am On Jul 19, 2014
I have seen both movies(from the first season to the last)...couldn't withdraw my love for 24 but Game Of Thrones is awesome and matured special thanks to vigorous nominations and awards its getting right now..
So I ask nairalanders.....which one do u prefer and with reasons
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by technophile(m): 8:11am On Jul 19, 2014
I love 24, it's awesome...

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by ITbomb(m): 8:36am On Jul 19, 2014
Game of Thrones could be boring in some episode unless you mentally join the events with previous episodes.

What I like about 24 is that it is like a series of movies, missions completed and move on to next target, it is a series you can start or stop half way and still enjoy it.

Take for instance the current season 9, it started with the threat on the life of the President, 10 episodes later, the threat has been neutralised but the series continues on a bigger threat, for someone that is busy, you can stop there for now partially satisfied

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by Caracta(f): 8:59am On Jul 19, 2014
24!

The following took place between 8:40 and 9:40... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by eph12(m): 9:38am On Jul 19, 2014
No competition here guys. 24 still the best out there.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by handebayor: 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
Caracta: 24!

The following took place between 8:40 and 9:40... cheesy

Events occur in real time.
GOT simply because i learn alil of old english usage and proverbs
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by RayMcBlue(m): 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
Both TV series are of different genres. You can't compare stuffs that have nothing in common with one another, can you?

-24 is a political drama thriller, GOT is a fantasy horror adventure drama.
-24 deals with fictional politics in real life scenerio, GOT deals with real life politics in a fantasy setting.
-24 is a modern shoot-it-all action sequence, GOT is medieval leather, sword and sandal action sequence.
-24 has one protogonist, GOT has several protagonists.
-24 occurs in real time, GOT doesn't.
-24 is 13 years old, GOT is 4 years old.
-24 is mildly censored and PG-13, GOT is strictly for Matured Audience only.

If you must do the comparing game, at least pick a TV show of similar genre. For example, the more accurate rivals of 24 are Strike Back and Homeland, GOT's rivals: Camelot and Spartacus.

11 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by ITbomb(m): 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
RayMcBlue: Both TV series are of different genres. You can't compare stuffs that have nothing in common with one another, can you?
If someone ask me, "driving a lamborgini and eating bread with akara, which one is better? " I would promptly answer the obvious without saying that they have nothing in common .
We are not doing intellectual analysis to recommend for an award, it is a question of which one interest you more.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by RayMcBlue(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
ITbomb:
If someone ask me, "driving a lamborgini and eating bread with akara, which one is better? " I would promptly answer the obvious without saying that they have nothing in common .
We are not doing intellectual analysis to recommend for an award, it is a question of which one interest you more.

Well, I don't see the logic in that. When you go to a mall and walked into the electronic section, do you buy the bigger plasma screen you see or do you spend your hard earned cash on the much smaller LCD flat screen? Both are flat screens, right?

-Which one would you go for? The one that is more affordable.
-Which one is that? LCD flat screen.
-Which one is better? Plasma Flat Screen.
-Can you afford it? No

Not everything is black and white, you gotta watch out for the grey areas.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by Karleb(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
24 angry. Why? It depicts reality while Game of thrones is about what happened in 1660.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by CHIMCO(m): 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
I am yet to complet watching season 9 of 24. I started watching GOT for the first time today with season 1. I was surprised with the display of horror and unclothedness in GOT. The ghost that killed some people at the begining was not seen again in at least three epistle. By comparison 24 9/10, GOT 3/10. Although one cannot compare them.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by mentorken05(m): 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
ITbomb:
its as simple as dat

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by RayMcBlue(m): 7:41am On Jul 20, 2014
mentorken05: I have seen both movies...

Lemme educate you a little on this matter.

A Movie is basically a story or event recorded by a camera as a set of moving images and shown in a theater or on television: a motion picture.

Hollywood is an American Movie Industry that own the sole proprietary rights to the production, marketing and distribution of all movies in America. Example of Hollywood blockbusters: The Avengers, Avatar, Titanic.

A TV Series, also called TV show, is a segment of content intended for broadcast on television network or cable . It may be anthropological in nature, a one-time production or part of a recurring series.

Television Networks and Cable Channels owns the proprietary rights to the production and airing of TV shows. Hollywood is not involved in any way. Examples of award winning TV shows: Game Of Thrones, The Sopranos, 24 and Homeland.

Bottom Line: TV Series and Movies may have few similarities but their diversities far outweighs the former.

-Movies are shown on theaters, Internet and Television, TV series are shown on Internet and Television.
-Movies comes in parts or volumes, TV shows are Episodic.
-Movies run seamlessly(without interruption) till the closing credits, TV shows are often interrupted by commercial breaks.
-Movies are annual, TV shows are seasonal.
-Movies win Oscars and Baftas, TV shows win Emmys and Saturns.

It would do you a world of good to learn and know all these important difference so as to stop committing the embarrassing and recurring blunder of referring TV shows as Movies and Vice Versa. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by ITbomb(m): 8:22am On Jul 20, 2014
^^^ Here we go again
The 'Toyota Prado is not a jeep" ITK crew
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:00am On Jul 20, 2014
ITbomb: ^^^ Here we go again
The 'Toyota Prado is not a jeep" ITK crew

Toyota is not the same as Jeep, mate, and here's why:

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado is a mid-size four-wheel drive vehicle in the Toyota Land Cruiser range produced by the Japanese car maker Toyota Motor Corporation.

Jeep is a brand of American automobiles that is a division of Chrysler Group LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Italian multinational automaker Fiat S.p.A.

Bottom Line: While they are both of four-wheel drive extraction, they are of different car brands and the products of two completely different Industries.

Don't be a learner.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by mentorken05(m): 11:21am On Jul 20, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Lemme educate you a little on this matter.

A Movie is basically a story or event recorded by a camera as a set of moving images and shown in a theater or on television: a motion picture.

Hollywood is an American Movie Industry that own the sole proprietary rights to the production, marketing and distribution of all movies in America. Example of Hollywood blockbusters: The Avengers, Avatar, Titanic.

A TV Series, also called TV show, is a segment of content intended for broadcast on television network or cable . It may be anthropological in nature, a one-time production or part of a recurring series.

Television Networks and Cable Channels owns the proprietary rights to the production and airing of TV shows. Hollywood is not involved in any way. Examples of award winning TV shows: Game Of Thrones, The Sopranos, 24 and Homeland.

Bottom Line: TV Series and Movies may have few similarities but their diversities far outweighs the former.

-Movies are shown on theaters, Internet and Television, TV series are shown on Internet and Television.
-Movies comes in parts or volumes, TV shows are Episodic.
-Movies run seamlessly(without interruption) till the closing credits, TV shows are often interrupted by commercial breaks.
-Movies are annual, TV shows are seasonal.
-Movies win Oscars and Baftas, TV shows win Emmys and Saturns.

It would do you a world of good to learn and know all these important difference so as to stop committing the embarrassing and recurring blunder of referring TV shows as Movies and Vice Versa. Thank you.
noted

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2014
mentorken05: noted
cool
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by ITbomb(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Toyota is not the same as Jeep, mate, and here's why:
I told you grin grin grin

Now sing for me again, All seasonings are Maggi, we have Star Maggi, Royco Maggi, Knorr Maggi etc
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by RayMcBlue(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
ITbomb:
I told you grin grin grin

Now sing for me again, All seasonings are Maggi, we have Star Maggi, Royco Maggi, Knorr Maggi (shocked shocked) etc

LMAO grin grin

That's pretty funny. You're quite the comedian, ain't you, mate?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by killsmith(f): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
....an unrealistic show where jack Bauer always saves the day....compared to the epic GOT....I bow my head in shame

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by Flexysweet(m): 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
killsmith:
....an unrealistic show where jack Bauer always saves the day....compared to the epic GOT....I bow my head in shame
God bless u ooo, how can u compare both series "it wired" cuz dere nt similar to each other! GOT for me nd for d majority of pple online, can't be compare wit 24, I really love dat movie(24) buh will take GOT any day anytym
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by lacasera14(m): 8:06am On Aug 29, 2015
Game of thrones is so damn boring, felt like I wasted my bucks. 24 keeps ur heart in ur mouth all through the suspense, thrills and intrigues. I'll pick 24 everyday best series ever

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by moshuur(m): 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
which is better?u've got to be kidding me.So u are comparing game of thrones with 24?
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by encryptjay(m): 6:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
Agent Bauer is boss grin

99 percent of 24 episodes were on point grin
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by GJames(m): 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
GOT can't be compared with any TV series for now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by maputohq: 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
was about creating a thread on this. I had to argue this throughout the semester with my friend who preferred 24.
LALASTICLALA, abeg, please let,s have it on FP. I had argued already.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by ba7man(m): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
24 : Very shallow. ( Anybody can come along for the ride)

Game of thrones : Very deep. ( You need a degree of mental depth to follow the shows numerous plots and characters....... and it has some of the most shocking scenes ever seen on TV, you'll loose a part of yourself watching the Red wedding scene for the first time or the rape of sansa stark ).
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by Chrisrare: 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
ba7man:
24 : Very shallow. ( Anybody can come along for the ride)

Game of thrones : Very deep. ( You need a degree of mental depth to follow the shows numerous plots and characters....... and it has some of the most shocking scenes ever seen on TV, you'll loose a part of yourself watching the Red wedding scene for the first time or the rape of sansa stark ).
Wots d fun of creating a movie if u don't want pple to understand it? I dont find GOT interesting, its very boring. Only reason its receiving much hype is cos its difficult to understand, nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by ba7man(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
Chrisrare:
Wots d fun of creating a movie if u don't want pple to understand it? I dont find GOT interesting, its very boring. Only reason its receiving much hype is cos its difficult to understand, nothing more.
Blasphemy!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by yakamata(m): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
24 is too damn predictable
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by eph12(m): 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
yakamata:
24 is too damn predictable
Like you predicted the death of President Palmer and Michelle? Or that Tony didn't die?
Re: Game Of Thrones And 24 Series....which Is Better??? by Aisha800(f): 2:26am On Sep 21, 2016
GOT

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Full Movie Dolittle 2020 Hdrip / Download Latest Yoruba Movies 2015 / The First Hausa Movie To Be Shot In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.