Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Cannabis - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cannabis (1432 Views)

Don't Go Without Learning More About Cannabis Essential Oil.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cannabis by Umartins1(m): 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
Belonging to the kingdom plantae and the family of cannabaceae, cannabis is a genre of flowering plants that comprises three different specis; cannabis indica, cannabis ruderalis and cannabis sativa. Cannabis is a yearly, dioecious herb. The leaves are palmately compound with serrate leaflets. The first pair of leaves usually have a single leaflet, the number gradually increasing up to a maximum of about thirteen leaflets per leaf, depending on variety and growing conditions. The leaves have a peculiar and diagnostic venation pattern that enables persons poorly familiar with the plant to distinguish a cannabis leaf from unrelated species that have confusingly similar leaves.

The geographical origin of cannabis can be traced to central and South Asia. Commonly referred to as Marijuana, cannabis is grown in many parts of the world with Afghanistan dubbed as its highest producer.

Cannabis is a plant of immense importance. It is a composition of natural psychoactive constituents including at least 84 other cannabinoids. The principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). It is consumed for its psychological and psychoactive effects, which can include euphoria, increase in appetite and relaxation. With improvement in science and technology, cannabis is now used as a medicinal or recreational drug. The constituent cannabinoids are used as medical therapy to treat diseases or alleviate symptoms. Cannabis has been used to reduce nausea and vomiting in chemotherapy and to treat pain and muscle spasticity. Modern researches have shown that cannabis is used in the treatment of AIDS.

However, cannabis has been subject to legal restrictions with the possession, use, and sale of cannabis preparations currently illegal in most countries of the world. The legal ban on cannabis and cannabis preparations is traceable to their devastating side effects. The consumption of cannabis preparations can lead to decrease in short-term memory, dry mouth, reddenning of the eyes, increased heart rate, lowered blood pressure, impairment of short-term and working memory, and increased appetite.

Addiction to cannabis preparations can lead to mental diorderliness, this is why everyone especially youths must desist from taking them. Consumption of cannabis and other related hard drugs is detrimental to man's health. Say no to hard drugs

Written by Master Martins Ugwu, a student of Agric. Tech. LASPOTECH.

Re: Cannabis by obstead200(m): 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
When I saw cannabis as the topic, I was like .......naira land agriculture really wanna cultivate every thing
Re: Cannabis by Pavore9: 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
l for fear....l think say na write up on how to make money cultivating indian hemp, na so NDLEA case dey hungry person?
Re: Cannabis by fm7070: 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
the plant is not a bad plant, but the abuse is dangerous.
Re: Cannabis by Pavore9: 9:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
fm7070: the plant is not a bad plant, but the abuse is dangerous.
Smoking is not the problem but stopping it!
Re: Cannabis by LondonTruman: 11:59am On Apr 07, 2020
If they want to turn it into a business then they need to use the cannabis software by blaze. It will make inventory management so much easier for their shop.
Re: Cannabis by Barton25(m): 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hemp is a plant of great importance. This is a composition of natural psychoactive components, including at least 84 other cannabinoids. The main psychoactive component of cannabis is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). It is consumed for its psychological and psychoactive effects, which may include euphoria, increased appetite, and relaxation. With improvements in science and technology, cannabis is now used as a medicinal or recreational drug. Cannabis products are used as medical therapy to treat diseases or alleviate symptoms.
Re: Cannabis by Monika87: 9:33am On Sep 04, 2020
Interesting info! I agree that nothing is wrong about using cannabis, but if you abuse it and turn it to addiction, it can hard you and your health. I've been researching that plant recently becuase I understood how little info I know about it. For example, from this article https://top420jane.com/cannabis-seeds/feminized-seeds-vs-autoflowering-seeds/, I found out that cannabis can be feminized or auto-flowering, and what is the difference. And it's so interesting to read such info about cannabis.

(1) (Reply)

Locally Fabricatd Rice Thresher And Winnower / Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land / Is This True About Imported Apples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.