Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,856 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land (1433 Views)

40 Hectares Farmland Available For Sale In Keffi Nasarawa State / 40 Hectares Farmland Available For Sale In Keffi Nasarawa State / Lagos Acquires 2,134 Hectares Of Land In Other States To Boost Agriculture.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by trendphemmy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
I intend to use 20 hectares for plantain and 20 hectares for oil palm.
thou I have further 10 for yam and another 10 for industry and arable crops like rice, maize and casava.

pls how much plantain, yam ,rice, maize and casava will be needed and the price.

pls help.
Re: Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by ogb5(m): 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
Where is the land situated. What do people grow around you
Re: Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by trendphemmy(m): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
ogb5:
Where is the land situated. What do people grow around you
ekiti state and people grow plantain, yam, rice, casava, oil palm e.t.c
Re: Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by trendphemmy(m): 10:41am On Aug 29, 2015
pls help
Re: Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by ogb5(m): 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
trendphemmy:
ekiti state and people grow plantain, yam, rice, casava, oil palm e.t.c

I will advice you to grow annual crops, this is because you seem not to have a concrete plan yet.
Things like maize, plantain, pineapple or maybe cassava will be ok for now while you have time to plan for the long term use of the land.

Long term plantation crops like oil palm requires having a long term plan and it should fit into your overall long term goal. It does not help to grow oil palm and attempt to change your mind 3 yrs down the line.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by trendphemmy(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
ogb5:

I will advice you to grow annual crops, this is because you seem not to have a concrete plan yet.
Things like maize, plantain, pineapple or maybe cassava will be ok for now while you have time to plan for the long term use of the land.

Long term plantation crops like oil palm requires having a long term plan and it should fit into your overall long term goal. It does not help to grow oil palm and attempt to change your mind 3 yrs down the line.

I wanna go into packaging of d food products, dat was y I wanna do it dat way or what do u think. thou I plan to test the waters before diving into it fully
Re: Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by TheUnbeatable(m): 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
@ Op:

Greetings.

I am very close by, Akure.

You need to thread cautiously in choosing what to do with the land. 20 hectares is good. If you still have the propensity to buy more. I will advice you do plantation agriculture like plantain, oil palm and the likes but I want you to. Know that it requires good financial investment.

You don't need more than one acre for any processing plant.

Don't spread your money over many ventures at a time. Start with one, increase it and then do others one after the other.

Your state is a virgin land and I consult for people there, so please think very well.

The bulk of the industry is in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo states and by location, you are disadvantaged.

There are other things you can do also.

God's best,
Re: Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by trendphemmy(m): 6:34am On Aug 31, 2015
TheUnbeatable:

@ Op:

Greetings.

I am very close by, Akure.

You need to thread cautiously in choosing what to do with the land. 20 hectares is good. If you still have the propensity to buy more. I will advice you do plantation agriculture like plantain, oil palm and the likes but I want you to. Know that it requires good financial investment.

You don't need more than one acre for any processing plant.

Don't spread your money over many ventures at a time. Start with one, increase it and then do others one after the other.

Your state is a virgin land and I consult for people there, so please think very well.

The bulk of the industry is in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo states and by location, you are disadvantaged.

There are other things you can do also.

God's best,

Thanks bro, which other thing can I do?
are u suggesting I dont do it cos of location?
Re: Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by TheUnbeatable(m): 10:40am On Aug 31, 2015
I mean, for you to get a better returns on the land, it will be advisable you plant only one type of crop on the piece of land. Then you can leave a small section of it to site your processing plant.

I consult on that if you don't mind.

God bless your hustle.

Sincerely,
Re: Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by optimised: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2015
trendphemmy:
pls help
I want to suggest Cattle and Goat ranches.
Divide into acres and setup a wooden cross bars half walled fences and plant grasses. Rotate your cows to eat grasses accordingly.
Or, get a cross bred African and Western breed and build a shelter for them. Go into milk production. I'm not sure, but heard milk sells N80/litre. Always demanded by youghort and milk companies. Each cross breed cow can give you 10-20litres per day against 2litres by Fulani cows.
Goats always need shelter.
If I were you, I will also target 2,000 - 10,000 poultry farm with integrated Incubator and freed mill plant. You consequently will need to cultivates hectares of corn for the feed mill.
Try animal husbandry, it will give you better value and sustained returns in investment
Re: Advise Needed On My 40 Hectares Of Land by Btruth: 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
What about Cocoa plantations? Just suggesting though, cause I know cocoa sells internationally. Though, I don't know anything about the plantations and the trading. But, kind of interested sha.

(1) (Reply)

Mushroom Spawn / Is This True About Imported Apples / 10 Health Benefits Of Chevon/ Mutton (goat Meat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.