Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) (51167 Views)

Work Ongoing On Nsukka/opi Road-pics / 2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / Jonathan Commissions The Completed Map Of Onitsha 2nd Niger Brigde (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by ChinoElects: 11:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
My inlaw you have done well! Dalu!

TabletMan: Chino post a good pix to make a point.

To the mumu that says that the pix was from a road construction in kano... My first pix is the foundation of the pillar.

To those that say they are still on land my second pix is the ferry that's houses the crane that will start fixing the foundation in the river

The third is inside the ferry

This is bridge construction and not road construction where there are many tippers and bulldozers, crane are the equipment required for this work.

And last...make una allow this bridge to be since you people don't even know the first one.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
Lolzzzz, I like the shortened form oooo "jweed" grin grin grin grin off to bed, please lemme see the blood of jweedians crying for help when I come back here 2mao.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by rozayx5(m): 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
[size=15pt]before mynd said the bridge was non existent
now pictures of bridge have surfaced, they say its a lie it a bridge in kano grin grin grin
jweeds dont wish Nigeria well, all they want is power
say no to jweedism[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by rozayx5(m): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
customized13: Lolzzzz, I like the shortened form oooo "jweed" grin grin grin grin off to bed, please lemme see the blood of jweedians crying for help when I come back here 2mao.

yea bro jweed sounds better

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by victorazy(m): 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2014
experimentist: When are they gona finish dis work? 2020? Nonsense! Strategy
For 2015 campaign.. Thieves! We ain't voting GEJ, ok!

He doesn't need ur vote

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by VICTORCIZA(m): 11:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
victorazy:

He doesn't need ur vote
tell him victor name sake.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by EasternLeopard: 11:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
customized13: What most people don't understand is that even without the second niger bridge, GEJ will still massively get igbos vote.

Would they understand that an Ebele is better than Buhari and OBJoke

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by VICTORCIZA(m): 11:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
nothing taste better like shutting fools up!
shout out to ochiagha chinoelect.,,

the indefatigable sincerenigerian

and host of other pdp intellectual giants!!!
continue beating those over feed babies tinubu filled nland up with!
second niger bridge has come to stay! you don't like it? do us a favour and die!!!

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by misterjosh(m): 11:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Smartsyn: I can authoritatively say that the pictures above are on point, I happen to pass around that area when I went to buy sand for some construction works..

And for those of you asking where is the massive construction, we are talking about a bridge here, not some flyover. Julius Berger is mobilizing their equipments and workers,prior to the task ahead. They've also grade the road that will connect with the bridge.

JB is not your hush hush contractor that ll rush a contract so as to get another one and in the process make grievous mistakes..
Hmmm, they've been mobilising nd grading since March. This is a serious project I tell u, I pray d bridge must av been ready for use wen my kids arrive.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by ChinoElects: 11:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
Except your kids will arrive next year the bridge will come on stream by 2016 or latest early 2017! The project contract is well knot out by FG and JB!

misterjosh: Hmmm, they've been mobilising nd grading since March. This is a serious project I tell u, I pray d bridge must av been ready for use wen my kids arrive.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by misterjosh(m): 11:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
Smartsyn: you'll be amazed at how those guys will beat the deadline.

I would've doubt if it's not JB, but we'll only have to wait and see.
Wat's d JB u guys r even shouting. Go nd check their history, it's dubious contracts frm successive Nigerian govts that has made them this big. When they first arrived Nigeria they weren't even a major force in d construction industry of their home country.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by TabletMan: 11:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
ChinoElects: My inlaw you have done well! Dalu!

you're welcome bro...

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by ChinoElects: 11:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
GEJ till 2019!

There is nothing the evil call the Islamic blood thirsty APC can do about this!

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by chaberry(m): 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
500GP:
Scout60:
Its it not machine that is being used in
construction of the bridge.
How many years did it take to build the old
niger bridge..... Two years.
But as you can see much machine meaning that
this bridge will be completed in two years. After
all work started in march and its progressing.
CONTINUE TO HATE IBOS...... WE KEEP RULING
NIGERIA BUSINESS WORLD.

THERE SHOULD BE TRACES OF WORK DONE ON THE SITE. NOT JUST PACKING MACHINES WITHOUT NO WORK DONE.

YOU MEAN BROTHER CHUKWUDI, EMEKA THAT'S SELLING PIRATED DISC, SECOND HAND CLOTHES....... IS RULING NIGERIA BUSINESS WORLD?

THESE ARE REAL BUSINESSMEN
DANGOTE
MIKE ADENUGA
ALAKIJA
OTEDOLA.......
You mean Ritualist?
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Dapsynzeal(m): 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
victorazy: Goldmind1(m): 9:51am
"Yorubas and their bad belle!"

I remebered this comment on the last topic concerning this isue
God bless u
What will Yorubas bad belle about a bridge being constructed?You kids here won't stop amazing me
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by misterjosh(m): 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
Scout60:
From your arguement, I guess you are between 18_21 yrs and nairaland have created hate in u towards ibos.
1. what are those people inside the machine doing are they joking or playing. Leave hate alone. I live at onitsha, I use to pass that river niger to supply goods to benin customers. I must tell u work is going on there. Ask people because this bridge connects west to east. So people know that work is going on. Right now, they are drainining the river mouth for the bridge foundation.
2. Where is coscharis, the second richest man in lagos after dangote.
Where is philip the founder of the fastest computer on earth.
Where is ibeto. Owner of ibeto cement.
where is innoson, the owner of innoson motors.
Where is chike obi, the maths professor.
Where is chimamda, chinua achebe jnr.
Where is capital oil nd oando oil.
Real ibo men rulers of business world.
Hello, u might wanna edit ur post, d CEO Oando oil is Jubril .A. Tinubu. Thanks
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by JEITO: 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
Onitsha! Gush! How I love that city cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
colossus2:
Me sef dey wonder wetin massive inside

Scout60:
Wetin massive abi....
Na lagos apapa road is massive

I don lafffff belle fullllll....
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:03am On Jul 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
No, it is TINUBUssive. Are you happy now?
Whatever!
Last Bullet
We ll see where the project lled v reached before december

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by chloride6: 12:12am On Jul 20, 2014
Scout60:
From your arguement, I guess you are between 18_21 yrs and nairaland have created hate in u towards ibos.
1. what are those people inside the machine doing are they joking or playing. Leave hate alone. I live at onitsha, I use to pass that river niger to supply goods to benin customers. I must tell u work is going on there. Ask people because this bridge connects west to east. So people know that work is going on. Right now, they are drainining the river mouth for the bridge foundation.

I take God beg you wetin consign oando and ibo.

No just mention capital oil.

Na business be that.

Today amcon tommorow another story

The shares full ground for nse

Them dey beg people buy am

Stagnant 50k.

And who the 4uck told you cocharis is who you depicted him to be?

Who born am well?

Ibeto ?

Forget am?

If I no be larfarge abi dangote then flour mills. I no be cement

I would love to see elumelu on your list.that would be more convincing.

You no mention better pesin.

Infact that capital oil dey make me laugh.

People like Jim Ovia no enter list.

Na ifeanyi ubah u dey call.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by deavicky(m): 12:27am On Jul 20, 2014
Yet to see any construction. What u show are just machines
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by 500GP: 12:34am On Jul 20, 2014
Scout60:

DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF THERE'S NO MASSIVE WORK GOING CONCERNING THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE. THE PICTURES UPLOADED ABOVE DOESN'T PORTRAY ANY MASSIVE WORK GOING ON.......

. Where is coscharis, the second richest man in lagos after dangote.

WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE YOU MENTIONED ABOVE THERE? WHAT'S THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO THE ECONOMY GROWTH OF NIGERIA?

DURING THE CENTENARY AWARD NIGHT, DANGOTE AND MIKE ADENUGA WERE HONOURED AT THE EVENT. THAT SHOWS THAT THE GOVERNMENT FELT THEIR IMPACT. IN ANALYSING THE GDP OF NIGERIA, TELECOMMUNICATION AND AGRICULTURE CONTRIBUTED IMMENSELY TO THE GDP.

INNOSON? INNOSON IS STILL AN UNDERDOG. WHY HAS INNOSON VEHICLES HAS NOT PERVADED EVERY NOOKS AND CRANNIES OF NIGERIA?

FEW MONTHS BACK NISSAN WAS GIVEN THE PERMIT TO OPERATE IN NIGERIA. PEUGEOT IS ALSO THEIR PRODUCING .

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by adanny01(m): 1:09am On Jul 20, 2014
This is preliminary soil investigation and op calls it massive. When you see massive them no go tell you.

The company my brother works for with HQ in Porthacourt has the contract for EIA (Enviromental Impact Assessment) and they have not gone far with it then after which other relevant approvals and stuff will follow. I can authoritatively tell you guys that design of this project has not been completed not to talk of substructure works.

This project has not started at all make no mistake about it. This picture is not anything close to a Julius berger site.

Make una chill o. This project no be moi moi.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Imoy(m): 1:19am On Jul 20, 2014
Akshow: I laff in spanish. Is that massive? Since when has d construction began that they are still here
If u don't knw anything abt construction work ask.

Do u think its a childs play, they are doing PILING, this is not something you can see above the water level but below.

A pile bridge is a structure that uses
foundations consisting of long poles (referred
to as piles), which are made of wood, concrete
or steel and which are hammered into the soft
soils beneath the bridge until the end of the
pile reaches a hard layer of compacted soil or
rock. Piles in such cases are hammered to a
depth where the grip or friction of the pile and
the soil surrounding it will support the load of
the bridge deck.

From the best of my knowledge, the width of the river is about 1.4km, so to do pilling for that kind of width is not something u can achieve that easy and quick. It is this pilling that is the main work, after this the rest are easy.

You people criticizing gej should think again.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by adanny01(m): 1:22am On Jul 20, 2014
frank043: This is serious piling work going on! Julius Berger is definitely the right firm to carry out this kind project...Have always wonder the kinda bridge that will be constructed...Will it be able to compete with the cable-stayed in Lagos? Well,the bridge is for real...Civil Engineering is a professional that builds a country's infrastructure....I'm glad to be a Civil Engineer...and will for ever be indebted to University of Ibadan...The First and the best!!!

If this is piling work, where in the picture is the concrete pump or the precast piles or even the concrete materials or batching plant or mobile mixers. There is nothing for bridge construction on those pictures, you should know better.

If JB is building a bridge, you wont have access to the site. Those people dredging sand in the pictures wont have access to that location. You will need serious documentation to enter their yard or site.

This is mare geotechnical investigation done by boring. This has to be done even before the piles are designed. See how alot of people are displaying ignorance. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Imoy(m): 1:27am On Jul 20, 2014
tope777: Op, the pictures shown so far is for Pile load test. No meaningful massive work yet. Thanks.
Pile loading is not meaningful work abi?

Hmmm, d rate of your hate for gej will make u go nuts one day.

In as much as bridge construction is concern pile loading is like preparing the foundation for the bridge and to me this is the main work, after pile loading the rest is as easy and can be done very fast.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Imoy(m): 1:38am On Jul 20, 2014
For all of you saying there is nothing serious going on, I bet you are saying that out of your hatred for gej.
The work going on for now is an underground work (bridge foundation to be specific), so how would the Op get the pictures of work been done inside water for u?

And once the foundation (piling) is completed the rest is as easy and fast.
So abeg let's give gej some credit here, he has achieved, and he is achieving and he would achieve what most of our past leaders have been unable to achieve.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by adanny01(m): 1:55am On Jul 20, 2014
Imoy: For all of you saying there is nothing serious going on, I bet you are saying that out of your hatred for gej.
The work going on for now is an underground work (bridge foundation to be specific), so how would the Op get the pictures of work been done inside water for u?

And once the foundation (piling) is completed the rest is as easy and fast.
So abeg let's give gej some credit here, he has achieved, and he is achieving and he would achieve what most of our past leaders have been unable to achieve.

Have you read my comments above? I am an engineer. That you see is geotechnical investigation. They have to know the soil charasteristics, the depth of the bearing strata, the bearing capacity of the bearing strata and many other parameters even before they design the type, lenght, diameter, concrete type and strength etc to safely transmit forces of the bridge. They have to drill a bore hole taking the excavated soil as samples to the lab for test and analysis. That is what you see goin on.

Everything you see there is grossly inadequated for the magnitude of a 1.4km bridge, trust me. When they really start, you see the difference.

This is not about GEJ, dont make everything political.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by declaro(m): 2:04am On Jul 20, 2014
omniwater007: so where's the bridge?

Which bridge? Do you mean that you want to see already constructed bridge or you want to see working going on the site. The bridge will not appear overnight.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by HuJJC(m): 2:39am On Jul 20, 2014
Stop hating...

smileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmiley
GEJ is working!!!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by tandj: 2:51am On Jul 20, 2014
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by makzeze: 2:57am On Jul 20, 2014
Rubbish! This is not massive, I can see 9/11 lorry off loading sand. Come to Abuja and see what a massive job looks like.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Moment Oladipo Diya Kneeling And Begging Abacha Not To Kill Him -VIDEO / Three Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Ogun With Bloodstained Cutlass (Photo) / 6 Appointees Of Buhari President Tinubu Should Retain - Aanu Adegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.