Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China (25338 Views)

My Experience With Facebook Fake Aliko Dangote -photos / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. / Wine Market In Guangzhou China. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
ll

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
rutchiekens:

Rubbish

All the things u listed are also in other countries. Pls learn to summarize.
Did you say all the things on the list? I never knew there is still a daft person like you in Nigeria. lipsrsealed angry
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
rrr
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by 2pence(m): 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
fijiano202: earlier i thought u were been cynical but now i understand u are a foool,is every nigerian in china miserable..because u met a poor kingsley does that mean peter,paul,john and james etc are poor or sampa boys,if u are well driven u can archeive anything...do u even know that some graduates cant even boast of having just 1k
You have a very low reasoning. How do you define being poor ? being poor starts from the mindset, you seems so poor in your level of reasoning and thats much more alarming than not having money , which section in that post did i mention that every Nigerian in China are miserable ? is Nigeria more populated than India ? how many Indians have you seen on the street of China hustling Indians? Did you read the post at all ? that was just an experience ok. Iam sure you have yours too, Why is it getting to you this much if i may ask ? If a graduate cannot boast of having 1k now does it mean he would go without having 1k for life ? that man kinsley is much older than me , from even his history/background he seems better than 10millions Nigerians out there , my thing is how could you go from frying pan to fire, and that was why i asked is leaving and hiding in China better than staying in Nigeria ? Listen you are not limited by Nigerian economy unless you empower Nigerian economy to limit you. We all have the same number of days in a year , our differences lies on how we use them .
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by MOBBDEEP: 12:02am On Jul 20, 2014
It amazes me that we read the same thing &, yet, some so-called humans are chasing Ringworm instead of Leprosy!!!
Chai!!!
A beautiful brain put this epic piece together for dynamic young minds to think twice about leaving their home country in search of UNSURE goldmine especially when they still have some resources that they can work with in turning good ideas over into gold e.g the cash that Kingsley raised from selling his bequeathed land.
Did the writer complain of inability or hardship paying the silly dubious 'brokerage'-fee that he was trying to swindle him?
Nawa for some people & their sense of judgement!!!!

Thank you OP
It was a nice write-up.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 20, 2014
rutchiekens:

Everything on your list.
What about constant electricity as well? China, European countries,etc have that. You are a liar! I can see the reason why Nigeria is so backward due to people like you who refused to say the truth. We aren't talking about African countries here, you i d i o t!
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 20, 2014
rr
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 20, 2014
rutchiekens:

Inadequate electricity, environment, inadequate water are the important things on your list. Are u happy now
No! Indeed, everything I listed are utterly not found in any developed country and larger part of them not found in some developing countries like China, Malaysia, UAE,etc.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 20, 2014
rr
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Habeebpain(m): 12:24am On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

wow. quite a touching story. u did a very good thing sharing ur experience. its sad what our youths go tru in foreign countries all in the name of hustling and trying to make it in life. to think a fellow nigerian will collude with a chinese lady to dupe his fellow nigerian is the lowest point of desperation. nigerians have never had life rough like since after the military. we had a better standard of living during the military regime. all this pot bellied corrupt politicians of the 21st century have succeeded of robbing nigerians of their glorious destiny and better life. we need to do something, else nothing will change even in the next 30yrs to come. it will be busniesss as usual for politicians and the populace.

*my 2 cents*

Did you have to quote the whole write-up?
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by majamajic(m): 12:29am On Jul 20, 2014
The better u guys know that seun have a cut whenever u login here the better u guys let Kingsley be, the next time u see Kingsley u might be buying from his factory in china. Never downgrade the beginning of naija guys especially those guys from east .

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 20, 2014
rutchiekens:

because they are showing u only the good places on tv.... Don't believe what u see cos that's what they want u to believe.
Nonsense! I have traveled far and wide, my friend. You should be the person who needs to travel out of Nigeria and see other places for yourself.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 20, 2014
kk
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 20, 2014
rutchiekens:

For someone as knowledgeable as u... Your response is slow meaning u don't have good comprehension skills.

So are u saying there aren't poor white people?
Is that what my post is all about? Come on! Stop reading it from a very skewed perspective. The fact that my list is comprehensive as regards the reasons why many Nigerians refused to go back home and stay in another countries despite the bad conditions they facie over there makes you look inapprehensibly ornery. It is not helping the situation.

Not until we forestall those problems Nigerians are going to remain in those countries with their appalling behavior.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by majamajic(m): 1:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Let me explain some things here ...

In china u must need a guide especially if u are new or if its your first to fifth time of coming , most experienced travellers still use them.

@Op sorry to say, I think u gained alot from your guide. Yea there's a percentage they gave him but at the same time its better cos without him following u the Chinese sales men will do their normal tricks on u. I know how Chinese people behave when u deal with them without a guide, buildings in china are almost the same u can't trace the shops without a guide and u can't make trouble with them with your queen's English, your guide can defend that, I ve been in that situation. With a guide u bought everything in time , feel at home with naija dishes. Remember every guide wants to see u again.

Remember he showed u best dealers, how to calculate the exchanges, still from naija u can still call him and send him money to get u some of the items u guys bought and send without u travelling to china. Without guide in china its like penny wise pound foolish, u will end up buying things costly (buying from retailers) and over paying both taxis and sales men. U might even eat a toad if not careful.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 20, 2014
kk
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Originalsly: 1:15am On Jul 20, 2014
I see this as a warning to those wishing to leave Nigeria to look well before they leap. Too many people believe that once they set foot in these more developed countries life would automatically be better. Many have invested all they have to travel...and when they find out life is not a bed of roses they are left stranded in a foreign land with a foreign culture. The mind need to be reset to think about being successful in Nigeria. The resources intended for travel abroad can be used to set up a business at home. Bad government.... widespread corruption......lack of constant electricity....terrible roads...widespread shortages of basically everything should be looked at as openings for great business opportunities. There is no better place to do business and no better time than now....despite BH bombings and slaughterings and kidnappings....foreigners are running in ...why?.....Nigeria is a gold mine. With the same resources and drive...the Kingsleys would be wayyy more successfulat home than abroad. Would somebody please shout amen?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by antartica(m): 1:15am On Jul 20, 2014
Boy! 29 year old boy! Why won't he be a Samoa if you think he is a boy at that age? The problem with Nigerians is that they hardly grow up,hence their child like gross irresponsibilities. An average adult in Nigeria thinks more like a child and that includes over 95 percent of the so-called leaders and thevelite.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by majamajic(m): 1:16am On Jul 20, 2014
justi4jesu: Well....@OP

This is not new at all because they are everywhere tarnishing the names of Nigerians.

Here in dubai they are called TECO and its exactly the same thing taking you to different stores unknown to you that they already have their percentage with the seller.

Thats how they survive. undecided

A question of pot calling a kettle 'black',
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by RaptorX: 1:16am On Jul 20, 2014
PresidentAde: ........Naija i hail theee....... My brothers abeg Oyinbo country no be second HEAVEN Oo...........shakin my head in chineezz
Keep on consoling yourself, it's Nigeria where there is no light, no jobs, poor infrastructure, and boko haram bombings everywhere that is first heaven. I know your type, it's folks like you that will finally settle for a visa to Ukraine after sufferness don scatter their head for Naija lol, keep on showing off on an anonymous forum like you living the life in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by 19naia(m): 1:42am On Jul 20, 2014
Its sad and true .. But lets not forget the truth of many Nigerians making a good name as doctors, scientist, Business men and evangelist all over the world.. Lets not forget those who work simple jobs for simple pay in an honest way and find peace and happy in their hearts for the better life they do find outside of Nigeria..

Op is right about China, its not the place to go and be hustling, their laws and punishments as well as corruption and plenty racist attitudes all work against foreigners even americans.. And why would any one want to be their sucking on industrial waste as they are wallowing in it as they reach to top the world without concern for the costly side effect... The food there is interesting, great variety and healthy choices, but i fear quality is a risk to put faith in..
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 20, 2014
rutchiekens:

Its bad that u don't realise.. People will always migrate.... The same happens in Nigeria. Other tribes go to Lagos for greener pastures even foreigners.
They would always want to go back home in the situation of not achieving their aims. Looking at the China's condition from the OP you would agree with me what are on my list are the probable causes.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Achonam: 3:47am On Jul 20, 2014
Op,l wish to tell you in d first place to quickly ask for the meaning of "Sampa" as you spelt it. You just failed from the spellings and the meanings you gave to it. Don't post what you don't know. Secondly,someone here advised you to get a translator, l bet you,that will be the worst thing you will ever do here in China,try n see.Is it not better that a fellow Nigerian benefits from your money than a Foreigner?.to everyone, chinese market has a "percentage" strategy for marketing. E.g when you buy a bag or bags in the Leather market here in Guangzhou the person that brought you to the company is entitled to ¥2 per bag this is universally accepted in china. Had you not want kingsley to take part, you should have studied chinese language at Unizik before coming to china,you can't be taller and shorter at the same time. It is "shangban" meaning "Work" not Sampa. Kingsley actually went to work n you shouldn't expect him to return home empty handed. The chinese man that reported it to you will reap you off try and see. learn chinese language when next you are coming to China. You are calling Kingsley names now though l know is a Pseudo name,but when you will have one or two problems in China you will start seeking the assistance from Nigerians resident in China you won't seek help from d chinese off course they won't help you. Be wise and stop castigating your guy.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by paragon40(m): 5:03am On Jul 20, 2014
at lest he will not be bombed in china....mtcw
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by lordmayor4(m): 5:13am On Jul 20, 2014
Ni hao. Probably the Chinese man that pointed it out to you, killed you even more. Never trust a Nigerian but wiser never to ever trust a Chinese. Believe that Bro.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Youngpo413: 5:21am On Jul 20, 2014
PresidentAde: ........Sir pls tell them Ooo........ I will never travel out of Obodo Nigeria to sleep around,,,,Marry one overaged #yanshless Oyinbo,,,, & even steal from people........God forbid.................its just that some people's mindset is that every Oyinbo country is a Second heaven..............Chaii i pitty my hustlin brothers and sisters .......................but @OP how did dat guy manage to learn and speak dat chines language seff ?............Chaiii Naija i hail theeeee !

chinese of all languages,I fear the guy sef.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Benoxvals(m): 5:28am On Jul 20, 2014
op..you are so wrong!!!you cannot condemn the livelihood of guys living in china just because
you met one guy that you think you r better than(he actually might be better than you).You
made it sound like guys living in china are so dead but its not true.
95% of 9ja people only come to Guangzhou city as if that is the end of china but its far from it.
Some people are doing well there,living nicely,doing some decent business to make a living,it all
comes down to what you want and people that you mingle with(opportunity and luck can be a
factor sometimes).Just like in 9ja,its bad for some people and its good for some as well but as long
as china goes,its not a bad place to raise your capital via legit business.
For God sake,this guy helped you during your stay in china and this is how ill-faded his way of living?you
even took the word of a chineseman over the assistance of your fellow 9ja man...shit!!!!! you advertise
peoples problems like u aint got none...

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 20, 2014
kk
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by maclatunji: 5:57am On Jul 20, 2014
OP, thank you. SAMPA has entered my vocabulary. #Chai Food is cheap in China.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Semony: 6:42am On Jul 20, 2014
2peace or what ever is your name, infact you are insane by genaralizing everybody in Guangzhou. He took you to where you can not help yourself and you expect him to do it free of charge . you would have ask him what it will cost you if he help you to get what you want. When you guys travel with small 5000 dollars that is bank loan , you guys will be making notice. That is how the deputy Ambassador to Beijing said in an interview that all nigeriansin china are touts and thieves . because he fail to do his job instead he sold the people he is suppose to guide into the hands of Chinese police. Is only in Nigerian ambasy that one pay in dollers instead of yuan. So for 2peace i will not blame you because if a deputy ambassador should sound so stupid what about a goat like you .be careful .

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by iykak47: 7:07am On Jul 20, 2014
Semony: 2peace or what ever is your name, infact you are insane by genaralizing everybody in Guangzhou. He took you to where you can not help yourself and you expect him to do it free of charge . you would have ask him what it will cost you if he help you to get what you want. When you guys travel with small 5000 dollars that is bank loan , you guys will be making notice. That is how the deputy Ambassador to Beijing said in an interview that all nigeriansin china are touts and thieves . because he fail to do his job instead he sold the people he is suppose to guide into the hands of Chinese police. Is only in Nigerian ambasy that one pay in dollers instead of yuan. So for 2peace i will not blame you because if a deputy ambassador should sound so stupid what about a goat like you .be careful .
gringrin The greatest noise makers are those that come to China to buy goods with peanut. Let 2pence abi 2kobo keep whining, his name says it all.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by BekeeBuAgbara: 7:18am On Jul 20, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About Value Added Tax (VAT) / Tony Elumelu Receives Belgium’s Oldest National Honour (Photos) / Construction Of Shops For Anambra Shoe Manufacturers And Dealers Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.