Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,642 members, 7,847,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

What Is Normal/moral/biblical About All These Unnecessary Celebration?. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Normal/moral/biblical About All These Unnecessary Celebration?. (448 Views)

"Pastor Prays And Boys Hand Grows Back To Normal Inside Church" (video) / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Normal/moral/biblical About All These Unnecessary Celebration?. by Alexk2(m): 8:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
I have to attend my cousin's graduation ceremony today (for Nursery 2, primary 5, J.SS 3 and SS.3) and that got me thinking about how we waste money on stupid things and yet we all complain....I mean graduation without results/certificates not to talk of the class involved. Aside that, what about the elaborate burial celebration that is fast becoming a normal thing?.... A 50+ adult died and we'll turn the whole town/city upside down in the name of celebrating life. Unwise couples now have to pay debts long after there wedding just in the name of satisfying people and having it the way the society demands(Introduction+Registry+Engagement+Traditional Wed+Bachelor Eve+White Wed+) My question is, what are we celebrating when we can't find a meaning to it and been stupidly wasteful? can we find a biblical basis for all these fivolities? Is it realy part of Nigeria/africa culture?..if yes, isn't that an abuse? pls., don't just read, share your view about this abuse.

(1) (Reply)

A Messianic Jew Shares How He Accepted Jesus As Messiah / How Many People Here Have Had Relations Or... / God Will Not Forget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.