Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? (2729 Views)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / Can You Change Your Religion Because Of Your Spouse? / Can I Change My Religion Because Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by salomycruz: 3:24am On Jul 20, 2014
I personally don't have any problem with any religion(a free thinker) but I don't see any reason the man am in love with should change my religion before we get married. My sister currently converted to a Muslim because her husband is one,now she's attending Arabic school and aiming at being a strong one...now she covers up her hair and pray 24/7,I had to ask is it a must you go tru all this and her response was "my husband made it a must"....plz nairalanders can you convert for your spouse?
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 20, 2014
as for me ooo....i dont think i can do it....
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by dytbabe: 5:39am On Jul 20, 2014
I used to think that way too
Naivity

I got no issue with religion, this is me and my belief, u either accept me or . . . .
Oh well

I can't stop being a muslim for some man

1 Like

Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by mkoabiola: 5:42am On Jul 20, 2014
salomycruz: I personally don't have any problem with any religion(a free thinker) but I don't see any reason the man am in love with should change my religion before we get married. My sister currently converted to a Muslim because her husband is one,now she's attending Arabic school and aiming at being a strong one...now she covers up her hair and pray 24/7,I had to ask is it a must you go tru all this and her response was "my husband made it a must"....plz nairalanders can you convert for your spouse?
Na lie u de talk
24/7 ke?na so e easy
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by fingard02k(m): 7:01am On Jul 20, 2014
love gbakwa oku
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by salomycruz: 7:52am On Jul 20, 2014
mkoabiola:
Na lie u de talk
24/7 ke?na so e easy
I meant dir 5tyms daily prayer sir
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Tallesty1(m): 9:27am On Jul 20, 2014
Nah that guy be her last chance?

1 Like

Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Lordabas: 10:29am On Jul 20, 2014
I am a born again Christian and I will marry a born again Christian. God does not want Christians to be unequally yoked with people who have different beliefs than what He has taught us.
2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Halleluyah Sombody!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Lordabas: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2014
You should never change who you are and what you believe to satisfy anyone.
If they can't accept you for who you are, then you're better off without them. The one I love can either accept me as I am, or get lost. Simple cool

2 Likes

Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Talon05: 11:14am On Jul 20, 2014
I can marry from any faith as long as she believes in God. Love cant make me change my faith though.
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Tannie(f): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2014
This is my answer
Lordabas: I am a born again Christian and I will marry a born again Christian. God does not want Christians to be unequally yoked with people who have different beliefs than what He has taught us.
2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Halleluyah Sombody!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by losprince(m): 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
what religion are we converting here, and to which religion? if its like converting from decimal to binary or converting bcd to xs-3 code or converting hex to oct then am in
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by salomycruz: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
losprince: what religion are we converting here, and to which religion? if its like converting from decimal to binary or converting bcd to xs-3 code or converting hex to oct then am in
lol hwfa u na
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by losprince(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
salomycruz: lol hwfa u na
I dey like adebayo
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by drumstick: 6:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
I am also in the same dilema here. The girl i love and wanna marry is a christian, i am a muslim. I can marry her without she converting, but what will now happen to our children? I certainly would like my kids to be muslims, but its her kids too so she will also want them to be christians, plus if i hang quran verses in my house, will she now also hang posters of Jesus and croses in my house? So even though we love each other like crazy, the truth of the matter is that if one of us doesn't change religion then there will definately be a collision of interests in the future. Seeing the problem that our union might bring in the future, i had no option but to suggest a mutual cancellation of our marriage plans. Unless ofcourse she decides to convert grin (its her choice).
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by mkoabiola: 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
drumstick: I am also in the same dilema here. The girl i love and wanna marry is a christian, i am a muslim. I can marry her without she converting, but what will now happen to our children? I certainly would like my kids to be muslims, but its her kids too so she will also want them to be christians, plus if i hang quran verses in my house, will she now also hang posters of Jesus and croses in my house? So even though we love each other like crazy, the truth of the matter is that if one of us doesn't change religion then there will definately be a collision of interests in the future. Seeing the problem that our union might bring in the future, i had no option but to suggest a mutual cancellation of our marriage plans. Unless ofcourse she decides to convert grin (its her choice).
Funny world.
It very difficult for a xtain girl to convert
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Emessy(m): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
mkoabiola:
Funny world.
Shhhh my brother , this is a lie , i have seen countless christian girls with strong faith willing and changing their religions for Muslim men ,a woman's heart is naturally weaker than a mans and can be bent however so wished by the man who owns it believe me or not , It is far more easier converting a girl for love than a man and no woman no matter how strong can stand being in a wrong page with the man she loves

PS , this is why in Islam women are not allowed to get comfortable with any man of any other religion as he can twist her faith easily unllike men that can marry Christians and Jews
Bold Truth
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by mkoabiola: 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
Emessy: Shhhh my brother , this is a lie , i have seen countless christian girls with strong faith willing and changing their religions for Muslim men ,a woman's heart is naturally weaker than a mans and can be bent however so wished by the man who owns it believe me or not , It is far more easier converting a girl for love than a man and no woman no matter how strong can stand being in a wrong page with the man she loves

PS , this is why in Islam women are not allowed to get comfortable with any man of any other religion as he can twist her faith easily unllike men that can marry Christians and Jews
Bold Truth
My bro,am a muslim and I knw wat am saying
Muslim lady convert easily to dier husband religion but xtains ladies hardly conver to muslim for d sake of love.
Find out
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 21, 2014
People who exchange their faith for love tend to be a bunch of FAKES.

Notice your sister's response. Instead of providing a response that conveyed actual faith and interest on her part, she said, "my husband made it a must".

I'm not surprised.
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Emessy(m): 2:43am On Jul 21, 2014
mkoabiola:
My bro,am a muslim and I knw wat am saying
Muslim lady convert easily to dier husband religion but xtains ladies hardly conver to muslim for d sake of love.
Find out
Hardly my friend where do you live In the north how many muslim women have you ever heard of converted because of love in nigeria please be honest , I am honest I have seen more than I can count christian women accepting Islam for love ,or others accepting it as full faith nit because of love but true their husbands , so please get your facts right
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Emessy(m): 2:46am On Jul 21, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: People who exchange their faith for love tend to be a bunch of FAKES.

Notice your sister's response. Instead of providing a response that conveyed actual faith and interest on her part, she said, "my husband made it a must".

I'm not surprised.
Because she said her husband made it a must does not mean it is a burden on her , you do not know the kind of relationship they have and also the op has a sense of hate towards the issue too "praying 24/7"
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by muaa(f): 4:32am On Jul 21, 2014
I luv my bf bt hates his religion. I'm in the class of peeps that cannot convert becos of marriage, he rather allows me to practice mine or walk away.
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 21, 2014
Emessy: Because she said her husband made it a must does not mean it is a burden on her , you do not know the kind of relationship they have and also the op has a sense of hate towards the issue too "praying 24/7"

"My husband made it a must" clearly implies that she wouldn't have been doing all that were it not for him. That's not how faith works! Let's not fool ourselves.

I've seen it countless times in guys 'round here, Changing your religion for her isn't faith, it's conformity. #lameAF
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by havilla(f): 8:22am On Jul 21, 2014
Never, not even for Dangotes son. My salvation is to important to me.
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by tpia1: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2014
mkoabiola:
Funny world.

Not so.

Christian girls convert very easily especially if a man is involved.
Re: Can You Convert Your Religion Because Of Love? by tpia1: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2014
drumstick: I am also in the same dilema here. The girl i love and wanna marry is a christian, i am a muslim. I can marry her without she converting, but what will now happen to our children? I certainly would like my kids to be muslims, but its her kids too so she will also want them to be christians, plus if i hang quran verses in my house, will she now also hang posters of Jesus and croses in my house? So even though we love each other like crazy, the truth of the matter is that if one of us doesn't change religion then there will definately be a collision of interests in the future. Seeing the problem that our union might bring in the future, i had no option but to suggest a mutual cancellation of our marriage plans. Unless ofcourse she decides to convert grin (its her choice).

How about posters depicting non religious things.

You do sound like a strict muslim though- why would you be dating a christian, just curious.

(1) (Reply)

Top 8 Reasons Why You Should Keep Peace In The Romance Section / Is This Romantic Or What? (pics) / Hey Guys Please Help Advise Me! Guys Am Having Crush For My Mom's Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.