Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,156 members, 7,825,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Esau And Jacob And The Birthright - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Esau And Jacob And The Birthright (767 Views)

Is The Birthright Literal Or Figurative / Jacob And Genetics / If God Is Love, Why Did He Hate Esau? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by chidekings(m): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
i have always been suprised as how people termed esau as a foolish man who sold his birthright for a bowel of stew.but at a second thought about the whole issue of sale of birthright showes that jacob is a wicked and selfish man who cannot help a brother in nedd with getting something out of him.if my blood brother cant help me without conditions then why is he my brother.
After everything i see jacob as the selfish and wicked brother of esau would should have been punished instead of essau who to me suffred unjustly.
Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by Tannie(f): 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
Op I partially agree with you. Jacob was selfish but Esau was stupid, why tread something of great importance for just a plate of food. Besides it has been pre-ordained that Jacob will be greater than Esau #Gen 25:23

1 Like

Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by Image123(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
Tannie: Op I partially agree with you. Jacob was selfish but Esau was stupid, why tread something of great importance for just a plate of food. Besides it has been pre-ordained that Jacob will be greater than Esau #Gen 25:23

i liked the post, though i have a little question about the pre-ordained part.
Sepp Blatter loves football/soccer and he's FIFA president. If Sepp said in June that Germany would win the 2014 FIFA world cup in July, would you conclude that Sepp Blatter made that happen?
Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by chidekings(m): 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
Image123:

i liked the post, though i have a little question about the pre-ordained part.
Sepp Blatter loves football/soccer and he's FIFA president. If Sepp said in June that Germany would win the 2014 FIFA world cup in July, would you conclude that Sepp Blatter made that happen?

u know,we have been come to believe that anything God says must happen,but to me why will people that know nothing about an issue suffer for God's words to come to pass
Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by Tannie(f): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
chidekings:

u know,we have been come to believe that anything God says must happen,but to me why will people that know nothing about an issue suffer for God's words to come to pass

Who said they suffered.
Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by Image123(m): 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
chidekings:

i'm aware God said every man everywhere should repent. That's not happening.
Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by chidekings(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Tannie:

Who said they suffered.

dont tell me u dont read the bible....when sometimes isreal has to suffer just because david sinned agaist God
Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by chidekings(m): 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
Image123:

i'm aware God said every man everywhere should repent. That's not happening.

thats the irony of the whole thing
Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by Image123(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
chidekings:

thats the irony of the whole thing

Perhaps you 'came to believe' an assumption?
Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by Tannie(f): 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
chidekings:

dont tell me u dont read the bible....when sometimes isreal has to suffer just because david sinned agaist God

Are we talking about the children of Isreal or Esau and Jacob

1 Like

Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by shdemidemi(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
chidekings: i have always been suprised as how people termed esau as a foolish man who sold his birthright for a bowel of stew.but at a second thought about the whole issue of sale of birthright showes that jacob is a wicked and selfish man who cannot help a brother in nedd with getting something out of him.if my blood brother cant help me without conditions then why is he my brother.
After everything i see jacob as the selfish and wicked brother of esau would should have been punished instead of essau who to me suffred unjustly.

That simple portion of scripture explains predestination, God's sovereignty and God's mercy and election.

Logically speaking, Esau should gain God but God's mercy isn't by our work but stringently by His will and purpose according to election.
Romans 9:11
Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”[d] 13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.
Re: Esau And Jacob And The Birthright by chidekings(m): 7:06am On Jul 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

That simple portion of scripture explains predestination, God's sovereignty and God's mercy and election.

Logically speaking, Esau should gain God but God's mercy isn't by our work but stringently by His will and purpose according to election.
Romans 9:11
Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”[d] 13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.

thanks

(1) (Reply)

Midnight Prayer: How Often Do You Observe It? / Which Is More Precious In The Sight Of God? Money Or Prayer / How Old Is Your Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.