Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Website Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review (1051 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review by my2cents(m): 3:16am On Jul 19, 2006
Well,

It's been a while. Jobs have been slow coming in. At least I have my main job to put food on the table in times like these smiley

I am currently working on: http://www.akpfonline.org/

As usual, check it out and tell me what you think. Right now, I would say the site is 80% done. That to me usually means that all I am waiting for is content from the client.

Let me know what u think please, thanks in advance grin
Re: Website Review by kheme(m): 9:49am On Jul 19, 2006
my latest websites,  what do you think

www.xdavia.com/www.cancerfriends.org
www.khemeonline.tk (still working on this)
Re: Website Review by Panache(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2006
Thanks for keeping it simple. cool sites
Re: Website Review by timmy(m): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2006
@My2cents, for all reasons, i don't like that site at all, its so ugly, It doesnt even speak for it self, guy with all your critiques ild have expected a far better design from you.

My Verdicts
1. you tittle says "Home page | Akwa Ibom, " Home Page what, who care if it the kitchen page, why not just simply welcome them, it sounds like shocked,

2. " News/Articles | Calendar of Events " the styles are not like others, its already showing the vlink styles, when i havnt even visited the pages (very immature)

3. Even though you used a template method to duplicate pages, i guess the contents of the contact page is too short to have a bookmark [back to the top] on it.

4. Your banner sucks

5. for some unknown reasons, i feel you don't know how to customize you anchor tags at active state <a> because the blue looks to me as my browser default for active links, when i changed my default link color in my browser, its affected you active links, lets wonder why, (you got bad css problems ?, i could send you links tongue)

6. Your text sizes arent consistent, considering the fact that your breadcrumbs are way smaller than your body texts

7. Just laff at my comments grin
Re: Website Review by my2cents(m): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2006
Rotimi:
Based on our YIms from yesterday, I know this is a personal witch hunt. Then again, I knew you would do this. At least unlike *some pple*, I have the guts to post what I have done for review. By the way, not to punch any lower, but your site http://www.covenantuniversity.com/ isn't all that and a bag of chips either: for one, the content is cluttered and u abuse the use of images. I guess you're trying to show off your skills. Oh well. Back to the matter at hand (In general, my stuff may be bland, but it goes with what is the norm now - simple, yet elegant). I will ignore your grammatical errors for now cool:

1. you tittle says "Home page | Akwa Ibom, " Home Page what, who care if it the kitchen page, why not just simply welcome them, it sounds like Shocked,
>Standard practice in the states amigo. I just borrowed from the best practices I use at work. There are many ways to skin a cat. Use what works for you.

2. " News/Articles | Calendar of Events " the styles are not like others, its already showing the vlink styles, when i havnt even visited the pages (very immature)
>Stop cheating - they are showing visited because you were there yesterday (from our chats). I have your IP logged from yesterday's visit. I bet they weren't like that yesterday.

3. Even though you used a template method to duplicate pages, i guess the contents of the contact page is too short to have a bookmark [back to the top] on it. Huh
> Of course it is. Based on research (yes, a lot of what I say/do isn't based on which way the wind is blowing but on facts. I am fortunate to work for a place where they spend massive money on training their people), most people still use 800X600 resolution. If u switch urs to that resolution, I bet you won't see it.

4. Your banner sucks
>as discussed yesterday on YIM, yeah I know. U r preaching to the choir here. But again remember, the client didn't have something in mind and asked me, in spite of my protests, to go with something he found on the back of a magazine. I told you I don't do graphics/flash on purpose because from personal experience, naijans everywhere want the most done for them with the least amount of money. I am very capitalistic (call me satan grin) and will only do as much as the money you pay me goes. Sorry.

5. for some unknown reasons, i feel you don't know how to customize you anchor tags at active state <a> because the blue looks to me as my browser default for active links, when i changed my default link color in my browser, its affected you active links, lets wonder why, (you got bad css problems ?, i could send you links Tongue)
> nah, a:link, a:visited, etc. I know all that. I need a specific example. You need to show it to me. I have always stuck with the default colors for everything. If you are fond of changing your browser settings (y i suspect it is part of your witch hunt, I don't know tongue), too bad. I will change it for someone else, but not for u.

6. Your text sizes arent consistent, considering the fact that your breadcrumbs are way smaller than your body texts
> Again bro, industry standard. U don't want it to make it as prominent or more prominent than your main content. I doubt the sizes are consistent. If u look at the source, u will see that I have a style for different things. So the main content is all the same, so r the headers, etc.

7. Just laff at my comments Grin
>I won't. I still think its part of a witch hunt, but am open to them. Don't playa hate (funny how you're in naija and yet use more american lingo than I do who has been in the US since 1993. What does that say about u?). Just send me stuff that is worthy of your calibre, not nit-picking type stuff.
Re: Website Review by timmy(m): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2006
Well given lame excuses, il'd simply passover them and ignore all your short comings, Goosh man, very lame excuses
Re: Website Review by my2cents(m): 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2006
as a wise man once told me, "Silence is the best answer for a fool (sorry Rotimi, but I had to go there)". I invite u to confirm this proverb.

(I bet timmy will actually respond to this too, he he)
Re: Website Review by timmy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2006
to prove you are foolish ild keep silent tongue
Re: Website Review by smartsoft(m): 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2006
awwwwwwwwwwwwww what a pity in one o my post i say timmy the way u talk sometimes will put your ass into trouble, learn to advice someone and not judge the book by it's cover, i don't likw that man, you know will know each other well just try to encourage someone and not condeming the person totally very bad man,
Re: Website Review by timmy(m): 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2006
you dey craze grin, shey na me you dey follow talk-- with that your frypan face tongue

(1) (Reply)

Google To Warn Users Of Harmful Sites / Advice On Buying Domains / My Google Adsence Application Was Turned Down, Pls What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.