Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead (26682 Views)

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke, Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Dhulqarnain(m): 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
Innalillahi wainna ilayhi raji'un
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Jabioro: 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
The thieves r departing one after d other. may his rest in (pieces),

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Ikazuagbe(m): 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
RIP!
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by cleric(m): 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
scribble: somebody tell diezani that even with mansion in Austria, there is no guarantee one might live forever

3 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by LyfeJennings(m): 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
teufelein: ..may he rot in hell....allah is great.

it doesnt matter where he rot. He is a better citizen of the world and anywhere God decides to rest his arse
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Joshuadon: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
englishmart: what has pessimism got to do here?
I'm Sorry for you.
Like I said earlier, chelsea and nembe city no be mate. Play in your local league while I enjoy my life here.

enjoy ur life? lol
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by rhythyson: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2014

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by englishmart(m): 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
Joshuadon:

I'm very sorry Englishmart. Now I know I'm not in your league. Senior man, I hail thee.
that's my boy. You need to respect your elders o. You hear?

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Yungknyyght(m): 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
I wonda how his death wld change d price of fuel
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by MicroBox: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
drauj: Well, I don't think if he was a man of questionable integrity he'd have played the kind of roles he did in the international sphere. Guys grow up and appreciate excellence and integrity.
Quit being haters and tribal and religious fanatics as you have been encouraged to be now of all times. May Allah SWT forgive him his short-comings and make Jannatul Firdaus his final abode.
Ameen
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
No impact, Few lives touched. RIP

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Joshuadon: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
englishmart: that's my boy. You need to respect your elders o. You hear?
cowards like u need not to waste precious tym with joking around,replying you z like going mad wif a mad man
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by jericco1(m): 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
He died in Austria! Well maybe he went on a holiday, maybe his soul rest in peace, and the Lord shall console his immediate family for this grave loss.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Walelavender(m): 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
Death;the inevitable end. He used to be a professional,calling shots left right and centre. RIP.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Lilimax(f): 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
Death, a price everybody will pay one day cos.
no man will live forever.

RIP to the dead.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Caseless: 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
islam does not permit such prayers against d dead. Dnt speak ill against d dead.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by MicroBox: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
May his soul rest in perfect peace
May Allah forgive his shortcoming
May Allah Almighty let Kalmatu Sha'ada be our last word on this earth
Ameen........

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Lakayanah: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
With all the money he was exposed to he had a neck that looked like a vulture.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Caseless: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
I heard he was practicing scientology as a religion and did not believe in religion anymore. Hope dis was not d case until his death cos no one will bury him in zaria.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Ayatullah(m): 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
experimentist: Who kill him

Ask your wretched father.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Barywhyte(m): 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
edoyad: The passing away of the old guard. These men enjoyed Nigeria's wealth sha, rest peacefully.

Nothing can be truer
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Caseless: 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
MicroBox: May his soul rest in perfect peace
May Allah forgive his shortcoming
May Allah Almighty let Kalmatu Sha'ada be our last word on this earth
Ameen........
allahuma-ameen! How is fasting?
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Ayatullah(m): 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lakayanah: With all the money he was exposed to he had a neck that looked like a vulture.

But your own father's neck was sacrificed to the idol your wretched family worships you son of an unknown woman.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by AdeniyiA(m): 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
curse is when you die outside your country or eternal resting place especially if you're a leader or once a leader, it becomes absurd for a Moslem who was supposed to be buried within 24hrs. We are so blessed in this country such that if our leaders could be visionary nd harness the resources to develop this country, there won't be any need travelling abroad for any medical attention. There's nothing good as treating a citizen of a country with drugs made in that country - processed or not.
I DECREE DEATH FOR ANY OF OUR LEADERS WHO NEGLECT OUR HEALTH SECTOR TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION OUTSIDE. iseeeeeee..... angry

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Ayatullah(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
worthytalk: I hope he goes with our looted oil money to hell. If not shame on him.

Your birth is a loss to your parents and it is a pity you find yourself among humans, and your case is so pathetic that you are even not worthy of being in the animal kingdom. You are a real scum.

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Mustapha111888(m): 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=morgist]Former Minister of Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman is dead.

He died this morning in Austria.

He was 76 years old.

Rilwanu Lukman is a Nigerian engineer who held several ministerial positions in the Nigerian Federal government before becoming Secretary General of OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) from 1 January 1995 to 31 December 2000.

On 18 December 2008, Lukman was appointed Minister of Petroleum Resources by Nigerian president Umaru Yar’Adua, holding office until March 2010.

Lukman was born in Zaria, Kaduna State on 26 August 1938.

He trained as a mining engineer at the College of Arts, Science, and Technology, Zaria (now Ahmadu Bello University), and then at Imperial College, London.

He earned a higher degree in mining engineering from the University of Mining and Metallurgy in Leoben, Austria (1967–1968).

He obtained a degree in Mineral Economics from McGill University, Montreal in 1978, and an honorary doctorate degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Bologna in Italy.

His first job in the mining industry was as an Assistant Mining Engineer with A B Statsgruvor of Sweden (1962–1964).

After returning to Nigeria, Lukman was appointed an Inspector of Mines, later Senior Inspector and then Acting Assistant Chief Inspector in the Federal Ministry of Mines & Power in Jos, Plateau State (1964–1970).

He then became General Manager of the Cement Company of Northern Nigeria (1970–1974).

By 1979 Lukman had become General Manager and Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Mining Corporation, Jos.

Source: http://www.newswatch24.com/metro/item/276-former-petroleum-minister-rilwanu-lukman-is-dead Haven't had much about him since he was relieved from office.RIP
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Adegokenath(m): 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
experimentist: Who kill him
APC NO NA PDP eg jona
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Eneze1(f): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
drauj: Well, I don't think if he was a man of questionable integrity he'd have played the kind of roles he did in the international sphere. Guys grow up and appreciate excellence and integrity.
Quit being haters and tribal and religious fanatics as you have been encouraged to be now of all times. May Allah SWT forgive him his short-comings and make Jannatul Firdaus his final abode.

There's no prayer for the dead. The works of his hands will actually be his judge. RIP to the man
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
worthytalk: I hope he goes with our looted oil money to hell. If not shame on him.

Na wa for you o. Upon person wey die again? undecided
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Vikky014(f): 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
ur allah is nt great so go & sleep

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by dljbd1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
You see them...with their destructive thinking angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Expect More Boko Haram Attacks – Lai Mohammed / How Agbaje Hijacked Money Sent For Campaigns — PDP / Ikpeazu Presents 2 New Houses As Official Quarters To Security Chiefs (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.