Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M (2714 Views)

Breaking: We Have No Plans To Charge Former Oil Minister Alison Madueke - UK / Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London - Premium Times / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by topeorekoy(m): 7:47am On Jul 19, 2015
Immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, has offered to refund the sum of $250 million dollars to the Nigerian government in return for immunity from further investigation and possible prosecution, SaharaReporters has learned. However, her overture has reportedly received a cold response from President Muhammadu Buhari.

A source in Aso Rock and a ranking member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) told our correspondent that the former minister has been reaching out to influential government and ruling party officials, in and outside Abuja, to prevail on President Buhari to accept her offer and let bygones be bygone. According to our sources, Mrs. Alison-Madueke had enlisted the support of several figures close to Mr. Buhari, including Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, to intercede with the incumbent president.

Mrs. Alison-Madueke was one of the closest ministers to former President Goodluck Jonathan, and is reputed to have anchored and facilitated numerous money-laundering scandals and deals that characterized the era of the just-ended Jonathan administration. The former Petroleum Minister oversaw several oil swap deals, the disposition of oil wells handed over by Shell Petroleum to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and the direct looting of funds through the NNPC. Former Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, was forced out of office after he revealed that the NNPC had failed to remit more than $20 billion in oil revenues with the CBN.

The former Petroleum Minister is the latest of several officials who served under Mr. Jonathan’s government that are currently negotiating “soft landing deals” with the Buhari administration. The incumbent president, who was sworn in on May 29, 2015, has vowed to probe various questionable financial actions taken by his successor or officials of his government. Mr. Buhari is reportedly determined to recover billions of dollars in stolen funds.

One source said Mrs. Alison-Madueke’s latest offer to refund at least $250 million to the government came after she learned that President Buhari’s scheduled meeting with US Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, would include a discussion of ways that the US government could facilitate the investigation, arrest and prosecution of some officials of the Jonathan administration implicated in the theft of billions of dollars and a variety of frauds that resulted in the loss of significant sums of public funds in Nigeria.

Former Minister of Finance and the Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has been cooperating with the Buhari administration’s ongoing, if quiet, probe of a series of questionable financial transactions by the Jonathan administration.

Our sources revealed that Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala had given the Buhari administration documents that expose a number of shady financial deals executed by the Jonathan administration.

Two days ago, we reported that former Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Emeka Anyaoku, had appealed to Mr. Buhari to halt the ongoing probe of former President Jonathan’s administration. Even though Mr. Anyaoku has denied that he urged Mr. Buhari to stop the investigation of his predecessor’s financial dealings, our sources insisted that the ex-Commonwealth chief executive brought up the matter.

Our sources disclosed that Mr. Buhari was unimpressed by Mrs. Alison-Madueke’s offer. “Mr. President considers the $250 million as ridiculous considering the amount of money Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke is suspected to have diverted into her pocket and those of others,” said one source.

According to our sources, Mr. Buhari is intent on ordering a full audit of deals and transactions done by the former Petroleum Minister and her cohorts in the various agencies that reported to her.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/18/buhari-turns-down-former-petroleum-minister-alison-madueke-offer-refund-250-million
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by ELTON123(m): 7:47am On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by Emenahagos02(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2015
$250M. undecided Madam de comot money jor, make it $500M so I can plead to PMB on ya behalf... angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by eph12(m): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2015
If true this is not acceptable o. She can do better. Wake me up when she her offer gets to a billion dollar.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by alienvirus: 7:57am On Jul 19, 2015
I love stories like this. I love Buhari. The no nonsense generally.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 19, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by Emenahagos02(m): 8:00am On Jul 19, 2015
quote author=eph12 post=36030137]I always check the [b][/b]sauce first then the comments before reading the story. But right now there are non so maybe later sha[/quote] Help me and check the rice too
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by nice101(m): 8:01am On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 19, 2015
$250m is Probably less than 10% of her loot

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by maverickdude(m): 8:04am On Jul 19, 2015
We dnt want that,after u ar prosecuted and sent to jail....we can graciously have the $250million nd the remaining lootz

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by eph12(m): 8:05am On Jul 19, 2015
Emenahagos02:
quote author=eph12 post=36030137]I always check the [b][/b]sauce first then the comments before reading the story. But right now there are non so maybe later sha Help me and check the rice too
cheesy cheesy grin abi nau
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by Kyase(m): 8:06am On Jul 19, 2015
ELTON123:
haba na that woman is too pretty to be jailed, just collect our money, before some people begin the screem witch hunt or na wizard hunt ne

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by papaejima1: 8:09am On Jul 19, 2015
Picture of her telling El-Rufai to intercede on her behalf or....
You know the drill nah
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by Kyase(m): 8:11am On Jul 19, 2015
eph12:
I always check the sauce first then the comments before reading the story. But right now there are non so maybe later sha.
sauce don show, na pepper soup souce sef
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by eph12(m): 8:13am On Jul 19, 2015
Kyase:

sauce don show, na pepper soup souce sef
Modified grin
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by alienvirus: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2015
In tuface voice "their looting no dey give us assurance, repentance no dey their mind e, e dey create annoyance for my heart"
Alo o iyeh!
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by Zakkyoz: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2015
I know barcanista and other wailing wailers do not have any option than to praise PMB's efforts in recovering our stolen funds. Gradually, we will get there. i am happy madam Okonjo iweala is cooperating with PMB.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by heykims(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2015
Our sources revealed that Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala had given the Buhari
administration documents that expose a number of shady financial deals
executed by the Jonathan administration.

Backstabber Biafrans..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by nerodenero: 8:16am On Jul 19, 2015
Monies should not only be recovered, the thieves should be prosecuted. No safe landing for any crook.
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by Zakkyoz: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2015
papaejima1:
Picture of her telling El-Rufai to intercede on her behalf or....
You know the drill nah

What will you ever believe? Thomas of our time.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by biafranqueen: 8:18am On Jul 19, 2015
I thought gullible goats claimed sahara reporters was a trash publication?
How come they need the US government to do probe what happen what has the the US have to do with it, especially since they refuse to refund stolen loot from Abacha they are still holding?
So is he planing on using US leaders to fill the empty minister slots?

Can you imagine China going to USA to ask them what happen to the treasury?

This administration just wants us to be the laughing stock of the international community.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by Kyase(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2015
eph12:
Modified grin
ok na
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by funlord(m): 8:20am On Jul 19, 2015
grin WARNING! Looting government funds can be detrimental and hazardous 2 your health and bank balance! _IDIOTS!
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by heykims(m): 8:22am On Jul 19, 2015
In 9ice voice, gongo a so...
Let the probes continue...
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by ede1(m): 8:25am On Jul 19, 2015
All I can say is thank you PMB for all effort being made so far to put nigeria back to track. If all the lope holes are close I believe there would be enough to go round for developmental projects.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by Shortyy(f): 8:31am On Jul 19, 2015
#Yawns. wake me up when the messiah denies it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by papaejima1: 8:37am On Jul 19, 2015
Zakkyoz:

What will you ever believe? Thomas of our time.
The report of the Lord!
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by docadams: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2015
biafranqueen:
I thought gullible goats claimed sahara reporters was a trash publication?
How come they need the US government to do probe what happen what has the the US have to do with it, especially since they refuse to refund stolen loot from Abacha they are still holding?
So is he planing on using US leaders to fill the empty minister slots?

Can you imagine China going to USA to ask them what happen to the treasury?

This administration just wants us to be the laughing stock of the international community.....

Can't you display intelligence for once. Or are you in heat this morning?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by g4everybody(m): 8:40am On Jul 19, 2015
This doesnt add up, if truely she want to return such money, why didnt she do that before Buhari was swear in(period when he was declare winner and handover) and finally clear her name. I smell lies and propaganda all over this sahara report.

Also look at the report closely, they always claim a SOURCE close to the presidency said, an APC chieftain said, another source said bla bla bla. Don't they have names, how are we sure the SOURCE are not lying since they are all politicians in APC. I wonder when sahara reporters will start giving credible news

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by g4everybody(m): 8:40am On Jul 19, 2015
This same sahara reporter said Jonathan sent Emeka Anyaoku to plead to Buhari on his behalf, but later found out to be lies. Their hatred for the ex president is beyong boundaries, even when he is enjoying his holiday back in Otueke
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by aenero(m): 8:43am On Jul 19, 2015
All this silly news making the round this days sef... Where do u guys always this shitty news from?
Re: Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M by g4everybody(m): 9:06am On Jul 19, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Not Tinubu Is APC Leader –okorocha / Innocent Girl Killed By Nigeria Army In Aba (graphics Pics) / Meet The 31 Year Old Running For Public Office In Lagos State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.