Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,231 members, 7,849,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:28 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203834 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2008
I for one dont like to make use of a compass and a satfinder,it makes my work so slow. i can tell any direction by looking at the position of the sun and present time on my watch. this even i can do at nite. you mustnt confuse the learned fellow on this thread to ordinary installers. since i can pinpoint to my real east and i know the degree at which the satellite i need to track i just need to start moving from the real east to the west by making sure the movement direction is through the south. at exact 0E is when the sun is directly at your head and it doesnt give rise to a slanting shadow. if you bcom good at this, one can even tell almost an acqurate time by seeing the sun's position.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by gofitech(m): 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2008
@George_D

please can you tell me the model name of your compass?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2008
I can see we have great professors in the house .That is interesting ,so how much does the compass cost you?I wish i own one.
Thanks olofofo,such a nice guy i meet him today.Really nice guy .I gbadun you.How is Akeem kindly send my warm greetings.I got my satfinder from olofofo today.

when is Adewest installation holding.kindly post the time and date so that we can know how to arrange ourselves.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:08pm On Dec 12, 2008
@george_d

i will try to get your satfinder and lnb to you, inclusive of sayso's own. i will give you the details once it has been sent.

i will be left with butoneday and ola's decoder and LNB, i will try to credit my man's account in the morning. today was hectic.

@all

we will inform the house once adewest is set to come back for the installations.

@obnelly

nice to have met you too. fine boy! we should meet more of each other on this forum. it's funny how we all look alike and have peculiar things about us.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ngwakwe: 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2008
NSS7 has just added another religious channel based in naija freq. 4.164H Sr. 1.665
@ all
MSNBC has just disappeared from Eutesat 3w. Who knows its way about, I really need them.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2008
@ obnelly, when olofofo said you guys have so many things in common,my mind just wander off to ask this question, i just hope u no dey play AWAY MATCHES ooo? @ nwagwe, when exactly did msnbc disappeared? @ olofofo,i hope u still have my lnb intact?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 9:50am On Dec 13, 2008
Enitan no be sooooo,its like we look alike ,just like esu leyin ibeji.identical twin no be twinstaiye oooo.Great meeting you all .Am proud being a member of free to air hobbyist .

olofofo no luck on that linksat the software no even download but i see its a perfect clone of nanoxx 9600IP.
If anybody is interested i want to trade it ooooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by justx24(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2008
Sorry guys , if i sound abit off, i seem to have lost my post. Am quite sure i post a few line about my meeting with MR GEM( the FTA guy from Akure) yesterday. Wetin they shele ?

MR-GEM came to IB yesterday and said he\s off to Ilaro. A cool guy and we talked about few new things. mostly i told him that maybe we can have a "one way satellite internet" service with our dish and use it for free with our uplink from our slow mobile internet(courtesy of Enitan, at least in the forum). Anyone have any idea about this stuff?

And i really will like to know how much your guys got your compass for. Maybe i put mine up for sale, ( mine is abit HIGH_TECH) wink wink.

SPY work no easy ooo , i really don't see anything this few guys have checked on are using thats not in the forum. What exactly am i suppose to be looking for Maybe am not looking the right places. Man its a hard one, \cos i really dont dig Football that much. Am forced to go and sweat it out among guys, man its not the best for my health. can you REASSIGN me to SPY on some stuff mostly watched by ladies. they should smell better cool cool cool. I don't dig guys skin on mine, especially when its sweating.

And i have just Spoken to Baba him self BADARU. All olote in the house , i will soon get my hand on the PSAT card. Thank you Enitan. You are invited to come watch show for my center. Hmmmmm undecided undecided sound nice , why cant I setup an adult film viewing center? Any law in Nigeria against that? Please Lawyers in the house advice. Trust me everybody like the stuff , we just no day show am from public. Please Pastors and Pastress (sorry i no sabi the correct word) in the house , no offense , am just thinking of the money making part of this stuff. After all we all want to drive X5.

Keep up the good work Brothers

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2008
@ Obnelly, i once told you the last time i saw your picture that you look like olofofo facially but i beg of you dont take after him in any other aspects. @ justx24, kindly tell mr gem to get across to me when he's at ilaro,cos thats my present location now i'll be leaving for lagos next friday. concerning the internet uplink stuff i will go into that but the report of my findings will be through the group cos this thread is 4 fta television and not fta internet.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:44pm On Dec 13, 2008
enitan2002:

I for one don't like to make use of a compass and a satfinder,it makes my work so slow. i can tell any direction by looking at the position of the sun and present time on my watch. this even i can do at night. you mustnt confuse the learned fellow on this thread to ordinary installers. since i can pinpoint to my real east and i know the degree at which the satellite i need to track i just need to start moving from the real east to the west by making sure the movement direction is through the south. at exact 0E is when the sun is directly at your head and it doesnt give rise to a slanting shadow. if you bcom good at this, one can even tell almost an acqurate time by seeing the sun's position.
@enitan2002,
I think it's just a matter of orientation and attitude. I'm a use-the-right-tools-for-the-job person. The fact that maybe you can 'tell any direction by looking at the position of the sun' does not make using the right instrument a waste of time. Don't mind me. Maybe I'm used to getting my job done with the right instruments by virtue of my profession as an engineer. It's just like when you go and meet all those road side mechanics, and you ask them: "where is the manual for this car?" they will tell you: "Oga, we no need manual to trace fault for dis motor. We don dey do dis work since our mama born us!" But you can never see a qualified engineer doing fault tracing without the required tools-even if that is the hundredth time he is doing that job.
So, different orientation, different attitude.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2008
obnelly:

I can see we have great professors in the house .That is interesting ,so how much does the compass cost you?I wish i own one.
Thanks olofofo,such a nice guy i meet him today.Really nice guy .I gbadun UHow is Akeem kindly send my warm greetings.I got my satfinder from olofofo today.

when is Adewest installation holding.kindly post the time and date so that we can know how to arrange ourselves.
@obnelly,
Welcome to the club. Now that you have the sat finder you will see how different your approach to dish installations will be from now on.
As for the compass, I got it here for N3,500 brand new. I would have gotten it for even less if not for the grumpy store owner. Just go to any of these people selling survey equipment and behave as if you are a land surveyor cheesy
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2008
gofitech:

@George_D

please can you tell me the model name of your compass?
@gofitech,
I'm sorry I've not really taken time to study the brand name but it has ENGINEERS COMPASS written on top of it's metalic casing. I'll have to cross check and feed you back.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 13, 2008
@ GEORGE, though i will prefer to stay with a compass and a plumb. the day i made use a satfinder,i hated myself,i spent longer hours doing what would have cost me few mins. the real professionals that tracking is their way of life and not mere quacks eg adewest,badaru etc wont find these tools helping so much.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:08pm On Dec 13, 2008
@george_d

i will try to get your satfinder and lnb to you, inclusive of sayso's own. i will give you the details once it has been sent.

i will be left with butoneday and ola's decoder and LNB, i will try to credit my man's account in the morning. today was hectic.
@olofofo,
I'm waiting. Just tell me when you have dispatched the items.

And, about the pauxis LNB you asked adewest in your post a few days back. Please I beg you, forget about that LNB. It may appear to be cheap and when you but it, it may work for a while, but it won't last long. And, God help you if you live in a thunder-prone area. I've had a very nasty experience with these pauxis stuff now twice. The first time it almost destroyed my reciever. I have to do firmware re-installation. The second time, it destroyed my diseqc swtich. I had to replace the swtich and LNB.
So, my brother stay off that pauxis for your own good.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2008
Ngwakwe:

NSS7 has just added another religious channel based in naija freq. 4.164H Sr. 1.665
@ all
MSNBC has just disappeared from Eutesat 3w. Who knows its way about, I really need them.
@Ngwakwe,
I noticed it too last night. When I tuned to MSNBC, it said 'no audio video'. I thought it was just a temporary glitch. Are you sure they have moved?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2008
enitan2002:

@ GEORGE, though i will prefer to stay with a compass and a plumb. the day i made use a satfinder,i hated myself,i spent longer hours doing what would have cost me few mins. the real professionals that tracking is their way of life and not mere quacks eg adewest,badaru etc wont find these tools helping so much.
@enitan2002,
I get your point. We should all stick with tools/methods we are more comfortable with. But I still think a professional is only as good as his tools. A pilot may have been flying for more than 20yrs on the same route but you will never catch him dead flying his plane without all his navigational equipment up and running. But abeg no mind me. We engineers we too dey rely on tools, instruments too much. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2008
This is not the first time msnbc do disappear,but if it'd be like that for the next 48hrs then there'd not be any expectation for its reappearance.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2008
one should not over rely on tools in situation like this, if one is used to tools like this there will be failure and imcompetence on your part when those tools are not available. and those around will think you are just giving excuses for your inability.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2008
gangsta/chuk101,
thanks for the call.it was nice talking to both of you on the fone.chuk,please go for echolink on nilesat if you cant wait for rdv to return.no amount of money is too much for fta hobby.i have spent close to 300k on dishes,lnbs,disqec switches,cable and other accessories since 2004,yet i'm stilll spending more on the upgrade by Adewest,all in the name of hobby.I think i'd give kudos to F-Marshal for this.if you can afford to buy all accessories,pls do.

Adewest,
pls give the house the definite date you would visit Lagos as soon as you get a pass.we are all waiting.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2008
@all,
I was just wondering, what is the best quality mesh dish out in the market now? Anybody with any ideas? I know it used to be Orbitron but it seems they've since stopped production, or are they still on? Apart from that is there other good quality ones? Most of all these ones in the market these days, you install them today, in the next 6 months, they are already tearing apart.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2008
George-D,
you just reminded me of the good old days of Orbitron.i dont think they still produce.you can google them out or check this auction link http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Other-electronics/Other/auction-156676106.htm

echolink+abracadabra users,
there is a new software to download.It came out today.go to srsupport.com to get it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2008
@ all
eurostar has been the best dish in nigeria market.I just came across one bought from niger state,men, for the first time in ph i was able to pick nilesat signal on a 1.8m motorize dish.i now believe that mbc signal can be received here with 1.8m dish.
@ tox and fofo
una don start oh!which one be 1500 for (lookers).i think say na free air we dey here so.so if nobody seem to turn up u people will ask us to pay for the info (just jocking) i wish am in lagos i go even pay 5k.adewest what is the possiblity of getting hotbird with 2.4m eurostar dish in ph cos i believe i may coime across one very soon.plz post the easiest freq for tracking hotbird,i think as i am not in lagos let me start doing some practical work here cos as i can see if u enter that lagos u fit work till dec 2009.

@ obnelly
just do me a favour drop the freq of 2m nat.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 8:58pm On Dec 13, 2008
pitodenz,
it was just to offset Adewest's expenses on the trip to Lagos.the idea was mooted by olofofo.i felt it was not bad.you are the only person raising eyebrow.i was envisaging this,but i didnt want to discourage olofofo so i kept mute.if you felt we were being fishy,i think Adewest should just come quietly and leave after his installation.i never complained about paying his bills.On eurostar,you got it right.if you can pick nilesat with 1.8m in PH,then 2.4m would pick Showsport in the Lagos area.

folo28,
nilesat signals are behaving funny these days.i experience low signals in the afternoon.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ateke2(m): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2008
@all
I do not want to mention names, but you guys are great.

@pito
O boy abeg try arrange make ph hobbyist come together do installation like the Lagos guys they do. I hope say we no go pay 1500 .
How much is 2.4m eurostar in ph
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2008
@george

i tried sending your stuff on my way to my sisters introduction today and i was told arround 12pm that warri bus leave really early. i will have to try for tommorow.

@butoneday

your own na hopefully Tuesday you go get am. no yawa.

@enitan

your LNB still dey kampe.

@all

watching el classico. I TIRE NO BE SMALL.

toxnaija:

pitodenz,
it was just to offset Adewest's expenses on the trip to Lagos.the idea was mooted by olofofo.i felt it was not bad.you are the only person raising eyebrow.i was envisaging this,but i didnt want to discourage olofofo so i kept mute.if you felt we were being fishy,i think Adewest should just come quietly and leave after his installation.i never complained about paying his bills.On eurostar,you got it right.if you can pick nilesat with 1.8m in PH,then 2.4m would pick Showsport in the Lagos area.

tox,
pito was just pulling your legs. we have about 5 guys now. once adewest gives me the green light of when he wants to come, i will inform everyone that is interested.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ADEBOSUN(m): 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2008
@toxnaija, olofofo
i am interested in d adewest live instaltn,lets knw wen he's comin. make una ad me join d list.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 1:09am On Dec 14, 2008
@ Pitodence,Salute to u. Have u ever try using a dish called STRONGER of 1.8m to track nilebird ? (it's diferent fm  strong dish o), i bet u that dish is final(excellent), that even sometime u can achieve almost thesame signal on nilesat produce by 2.4m on it. Though, not thesame dish i took to Lagos anyway but ordinary strong dish.
As regards to tracking hotbird within that ur Geos,the possibility is 68% ok using 1.8m dish for if u can achieve at least 73% signal quality on freq 11476H-29.000sr i.e on Eutelsat w4(dstv) @36 deg east using either strong model X or 4652.Then motorise upward using freq 10949V-27500sr on hotbird or within that bird where u watch ur premiership(2M nat freq 11671V-02480sr),Arriadia,Aflam and 2m alternative-freq11653V-15696sr  [/b]Keep beeping ur jerk gradually in upward directn above this 2M bird and take unblinkable notice of where the the hotbird freq 10949V-27500sr will attempt shoot-up increase in signal qual,then carry out ur normal tweaking for effective signal output.
And how far is Enugu to port,because i once visited Enugu with 1.8m dish and [b]some
signal responded on nilesat  better than Lagos.                                             

@ obnelly,please take note of some infos above.

@ Ghana fta groups, the possibility of Nile is 52% possible fm my own view,because  at Kenema in sierra-leone Nilesat responded perfectly o.k with 3m mesh dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 2:16am On Dec 14, 2008
George_D:

@olofofo,
I'm waiting. Just tell me when you have dispatched the items.

And, about the pauxis LNB you asked adewest in your post a few days back. Please I beg you, forget about that LNB. It may appear to be cheap and when you but it, it may work for a while, but it won't last long. And, God help you if you live in a thunder-prone area. I've had a very nasty experience with these pauxis stuff now twice. The first time it almost destroyed my reciever. I have to do firmware re-installation. The second time, it destroyed my diseqc swtich. I had to replace the swtich and LNB.
So, my brother stay off that pauxis for your own good.

George_D, was your installation grounded? If not I suggest you do that. An installation without grounding can create problems ranging from lightning destroying your receiver (STB) to your receiver (STB) behaving erratically.
Click Here for tutorial on grounding. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 6:44am On Dec 14, 2008
adewest:

@ Ghana fta groups, the possibility of Nile is 52% possible fm my own view,because  at Kenema in sierra-leone Nilesat responded perfectly o.k with 3m mesh dish.

Thanks Adewest. We will give it a try.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 14, 2008
@ Olofofo, can u pls help me to confirm if either eurostar or stronger dish 1.8m motorise type can be gotten at alaba intl market. help me ask for the prices also,since u belong to the inner circle over there. one can even tell the difference between stronger and strong, its boldly seen in their spellings,so likewise their performance. @ badaru, can u help me to order for that scalar we talked about,i'll really need that badly. will be in lagos by next weekend. @ all, i met mr. gem at my present location at ilaro,ogun state. he's simply just a nice gentleman,it's really nice having him around me yesterday all the way from akure. tox,december will not pass us by,we'll surely hook together not at studio but your abode. obnelly,where did u meet olofofo,did u come down to lagos all the way from shagamu? boy,u try no be small ooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:28am On Dec 14, 2008
@enitan

i can not guarantee you that if you see eurostar dish at alaba, that it will be the original as for the stronger. i have never heard of it, but i will help you make some enquiries.

@george d and sayso

i sent your stuff today . i sent it through agofure parcel service. their office is at 283, warri-sapele rd. i will send the awb number to your email. you and sayso owe me NGN 840

@butoneday.

your are next, hopefully you should receive all your items by tuesday.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 14, 2008
@ olofofo, i appreciate that but you've to edit your last statement concerning sayso. i await your reply from the findings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.