Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203019 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 6:17am On Oct 14, 2008
@enitan

I believe the geographical location of Accra and Lagos will enable us (Accra) to get Nilesat. I'll give it a try. I'm particularly interested in the theory of 1.8m picking Nilesat in Lagos. You know we are talking of space here, so if 1.8 can do the trick, I believe it will save us a lot of headache.

@Captainus
I dey like I no dey. Specifically which part of Southern Ghana are you? Hope you are not leaving in the sea somewhere. Do you pick Nilesat?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 8:35am On Oct 14, 2008
@Enitan

wetin dey happen for ya end na? is 1.8m dish possible getting almost all nilesat freqs apart from CNN? your response is highly appreciated

I have never tried tracking Nilesat in Lagos before but what I know is that with a 1.8m dish in Abuja, you still can not get all the satellite channels like MBC Persia, CNN etc. I think we need to wait for Badaru to confirm this for us.

@Jujukemist
jujukemist:

I am so angry that i have been talking using pidgin-I am sorry. Shukran! Shukran maktaba, Asalamualaikun!

Eeeeeyyyyaaaa, make una see wetin Nilesat don cause. Our guys don begin speak Arabic. Abeg, you for add "Alleilah" grin

Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 9:28am On Oct 14, 2008
people of goodwill I say welcome to the most popular and loving thread on NL.Season 2 here we come.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sathob(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2008
@adewest
man I can invite you do this nilesat arrest with 1.8m and will save me from creating a farm my landlord may not want. I live in southern Ghana and woudn't mind to bear the cost of your transportation to come over here. Many opportunities exists for you.

@toxnaija
the sports feed is not on w3a, it's on nss7 and discovered it when I blindscanned in HISPASAT 1CD

@salamander, captainus
where you dey for Accra Ghana? My next target is getting a 2.4m and above dish (solid pan) where possible, motorised, but that will be getting the items one at a time.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ltechniger(m): 10:25am On Oct 14, 2008
@All

Welcome to season two, I pray it will be as rewarding as S1.

@ Enitan

I watched that fear factor yesterday and it was bad, I had to send my boy away from the tv, the worst of them being the girl in a glass of snakes, worm and cockroaches. that one can make you have nightmares for the rest of your life.

What is Jujukemist trying to tell you? does it mean you can extend the diameter of your dish using painted nylon.

Can I also use the motorised whatever with my dish.

How is every other thing with you over there?

See ya
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 10:58am On Oct 14, 2008
ltechniger:

@All

Welcome to season two, I pray it will be as rewarding as S1.

@ Enitan

I watched that fear factor yesterday and it was bad, I had to send my boy away from the tv, the worst of them being the girl in a glass of snakes, worm and cockroaches. that one can make you have nightmares for the rest of your life.

What is Jujukemist trying to tell you? does it mean you can extend the diameter of your dish using painted nylon.

Can I also use the motorised whatever with my dish.

How is every other thing with you over there?

See ya
no sir! its not an extension,but a replacement.if the theory works, it will save us cost of setting up, by over 50% I majgine having a 90cm dish made up of the modified nylon material, then 1.8 then 2.4 then3.2m ;Djust believe-all things are possible to them that believe
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 11:14am On Oct 14, 2008
@All

Aaaaaahhhh "Oma se O" so I can not even be part of page 1 let alone the second person on the long awaiting New Tread of the Forum! You can imagine all the time I spent online yesterday just because of my anxiety to welcome the Part 2. Well, here is me again ahead of some other gurus in the house.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sathob(m): 11:54am On Oct 14, 2008
@all
check out this link hxxp://www.rdi-feeds.com/
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2008
@sathob

I live in Sabon Zongo, in Accra near Abossey Okai.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sathob(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2008
@salamander
Me, just arroun d mamprobi, meanig we are close. Well, I try to contact you soon.

@all
and check this one too hxxp://www.sat-max.net/index.html
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2008
@sathob

Good, my office is at Akoshie Junction, Mamprobi. Let keep in touch
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2008
If a leaking dish like 2.4m net mesh dish can pick some part of nilesat when MOTORIZED (remember in motorize we reduced some signal in other to get the weak ones and no signal is on its maximum when motorized)so am begining to think of trying out 1.8m dish,but i dont ve 100% faith in it cos as u can see i live at the bottom of naija. @ enitan i don buy zain simcard but re u sure they ve gprs in ph?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by justx24(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2008
@All

Where toxnija day anybody help me see am , and why are we not talking about the get together again , or am i the only one looking forward to this? We need to plan now , if its ever going to take place in our own time , abi na to plan for our pikin dem??

And Sir, bigjoe yes i said 1 week , but i don't mean it , just don't think am rich enough to travel out of my base for just a day's fun, maybe 3 days , lets talk this thing over or should we close that for now?

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by microgiant: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2008
@ Pitodenz
Thanks 4 all your prompt responses and help.

@all
I can't open ETV with codes, The Ident for the decoder has 6 spaces while the ident i'm inputting is only 4. The decoder is used widely in the USA to receive and opens all Nagra2/3 signals in North America (USA/Canada) and is widely supported as soon as encryption changes the next day a new Autoroll bin is released but it does not autoroll in Nigeria. Please help.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2008
microgiant:

@ Pitodenz
Thanks 4 all your prompt responses and help.

@all
I can't open ETV with codes, The Ident for the decoder has 6 spaces while the ident i'm inputting is only 4. The decoder is used widely in the USA to receive and opens all Nagra2/3 signals in North America (USA/Canada) and is widely supported as soon as encryption changes the next day a new Autoroll bin is released but it does not autoroll in Nigeria. Please help.
Which Receiver are you talking about? I need the Model number and the type of keys you're trying to input. Since you have 6 spaces, you may have to enter the number Zero, Zero in the first 2 spaces then the 4 digits after. Eg, 001234. Meanwhile, I need you to answer my earlier questions, that may help me narrow my suggetions. wink
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2008
justx24:

@All

Where toxnija day anybody help me see am , and why are we not talking about the get together again , or am i the only one looking forward to this? We need to plan now , if its ever going to take place in our own time , abi na to plan for our pikin them??

And Sir, bigjoe yes i said 1 week , but i don't mean it , just don't think am rich enough to travel out of my base for just a day's fun, maybe 3 days , lets talk this thing over or should we close that for now?

justx24
I quite agree with you, am also a keen believer of meeting members of this forum. But I have a feeling that some of us are becoming comfortable.With nilesat,this forum goes beyond nilesat. Well if we are meeting in Kaduna then i can accomodate 6 guys comfortablely in my house.and you justx24 will live in my own private bedroom. while you will be watching full nilesat and mytv and nss 7ku.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by shaiguy(m): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2008
super thread !!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2008
olofofo ,pls what is the dish size you were formally using for sportmax.kindly reply .and people who is using 2m national what is your dish size.
pls i get keys for nilesat showtime channels but they are not working ,i see DCW.can somebody expantiate on this?I expected to see irdeto but what i see is DCW.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2008
justx24,
wetin u wan make I do about the babe now?U don turn me into supplier abi!don't worry, I go link UJust call me when you are free.Na oyinbo or dudu you want?how far with psat channel  on w3a?

Nilesat users,
please don't mind Adewest.He was playing pranks.Obnelly,the Showtime keys are for Hotbird but enjoy Disney and Bloomberg.

all,
any news on Daarsat?
I found out yesterday that the unpainted silver foil I pasted in the middle of my 3m Nilesat dish was reflecting so much sun heat that it was frying parts of my cable exposed to it.I had to wrap the cable with electrical insulator tape when my neighbour raised alarm that there was smoke.Mide2008 once mentioned this as the reason dish foils are always painted.The rays it radiates can burn anything on its path if unpainted.
sathob,
please send me the frequency.check your mail.I just sent you a mail.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by justx24(m): 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2008
@jujukemist

Thanks man , your offer is accepted anytime the whole gang can agree on it. Am with you all the way, Actually have being to Kaduna once , was at the NDA to check on my best Friend ( EREBULU). Hope something come up on time about this. Like to meet members of the FTA gang, hope all the pay TV guys will not linch us at the get together, they fit send terrorist oooo undecided undecided undecided

@Toxnija

Thank you my friend i trust you , i want something big , and , hmm, definatelly might have being shown by a guy at least twice , so she appreciate a good guy , u know "LIKE ME" grin grin. Give you a call sometime tomorrow , or u prefer night call?, i guess not , Make sure you have a number for me oo.
And the PSAT on W3a , its scrambled , and u need to buy a special kind of FTA decoder , not card , u are activated by the serial number of your decoder. Thats as much as i can remember about them.

I want nilesat on Mesh 2.4m . think it should not be motorized for maximum nilesat capability? question for the nilesat gurus in the house. Advice or is it Advise.

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2008
no sportmax for me oooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sfinxone(m): 12:28am On Oct 15, 2008
Hi all, the MBC network have a new channel (I think it's a movie channel, though yet to start programs) on Nilesat.

MBC Max- 11938 V
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 15, 2008
@ sfinzone,
are u a nilesat user? then you must really be enjoying your setup.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 1:13am On Oct 15, 2008
MBC Max has begin broadcast signal strenght is 68% on my setup. It is bloody action channel.channel statement is more movies, more actions, more premieres and also Free to Air coolMen nilesat is the ultimate!!!!!!!!!!! It is currenty showing mix clips of turbo charged movies
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 15, 2008
@ sfinzone,
i just checked on lyngsat and there's nothing of such that is called MBC max, anyone on nilesat should confirm the authencity of this story
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 15, 2008
@ jujukemist,
its a good thing to confirm that for the whole house, did u make a scan for the station to appear or just came from nowhere?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 1:33am On Oct 15, 2008
enitan2002:

@ sfinzone,
i just checked on lyngsat and there's nothing of such that is called MBC max, anyone on nilesat should confirm the authencity of this story
Enitan its individual like you and I that update lyngsat, so it depends on how quick the notification gets to the site.
I hereby Authenticate the find winkthey actually started talking about it since last week,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 1:38am On Oct 15, 2008
The freq has been exisiting all the MBCs are on this same TP including the indian film showin channel ZEE AFLAM. I just did a manual scan and mbc max showed up
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 15, 2008
@ jujukemist,
well its true sha. we da be ones that update lyngsat on new channels.
You never sleep? hope madam no go vex oooo, abi madam enter house, still dey for way?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 1:54am On Oct 15, 2008
grin I still de lucky I never get 2 in command, by God's grace She go come take charge early next year(1st quarter) All of una must show for Kad cool
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 15, 2008
@ tox,
i've already sent an email to my guy stating the problem we are facing at the moment concerning FTA-B.

@ all,
since my days are numbered to be a regular face on this forum, i will be leaving my lagos base next sunday and will be off for sometime, i will surely give to ya'all my parting gift to those who are intrested in the browsing stuff, since it will no longer be of use to me cos there's no GPRS for the room i will be off to, so in other not to let that idle, make my people dem put am to use until zain guys block it off.
Be expecting this freebie on sunday. And i will like to ask those who are intrested, that should make this public or send it across to those intrested.
I'll just be posting a number, it's now left for those who have eyes to make proper use of it by then.

@ OLA,
i never forget you ooo, na work my brother. I will try to do that tonight for you. What about the accommodation stuff? i go holla you for this evening oooo.

@ jujkemist,
make u no worry we go show oooo, just let her know say, she no fit replace nilesat sha.
I was chatting with baba egun yesterday, if u see the way he just shut me up say he wan go meet ihn wife and pikin dem for house cos na office ihn dey. I felt like getting hooked immediately to someone i can call my wife oooo. But ihn no know say, ihn wife and pikin no go dey there in time of nilesat troubles
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 2:50am On Oct 15, 2008
Hello everybody,
thank you moderator for the part 2 of this trade, its been a wonderful trade and beleive it or not its likely going to be a part 3. however i am now a proud owner of a 2.4 mesh, i wanted to go for 3 m pan , but for some reasons , i had to settle for this. i live in the south eastern part , owerri precisley,and i am already enjoying most of the channels, by the end of today it will be fully motorised,thank you guys for  all ur posts, they have been quite useful in various aspects, i would like to know if sports max jamaica is still open , if it is  please let me know
Big thanks to all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.