Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,741 members, 7,813,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

How To Avoid Distractions In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Avoid Distractions In Church? (5763 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Hello.... / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by AloyEmeka9: 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2008
Ways To Stay Concentrated In Church Amidst The Distractions

I was distracted big time at church today so much that I am yet to remember the theme of the pastor's message. How can I concentrate in church when there are so many distractions? We must do something about it especially in Winners chapel. Is it that women have sworn that men can never get to heaven or what?. They chased us away from eden, made life hell for us on earth and still fights hard to get us ticket to eternal damnation.

What distracts you in church? What should we do to end the distractions? separating men from women in place of worship may be a good idea after all.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by pilgrim1(f): 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2008
@Aloy.Emeka,

Aloy.Emeka:

What distracts you in church? What should we do to end the distractions?

I think you have done the first thing in facing up to this problem: by proffering it for discussion.

People have different perspectives on issues; and believe me - I have actually heard some people in a church say to me directly: "Ol' gyiel, abeg make we hear word! what is distraction to you na enjoyment for us!" They apparently were "enjoying" something I cannot type here. . . but you get my drift?

Anyhow, there are all sorts of distractions. Bit perhaps if you begin by identifying a few of them, it may help us know how to proceed.

Regards. wink
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by nwakaibe(m): 8:42am On Oct 13, 2008
1.Remaking their face or hair while worship or message is going on wink wink wink

2.Re-adjusting their new wears to be noticed cheesy cheesy cheesy

3.Feeding their babies grin grin grin

4. tongue tongue tongue tongue

Well, we can bring up the issue during general discussions. That is, whenever there are meetings after service. cool cool cool
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by AloyEmeka9: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2008
1.Remaking their face or hair while worship or message is going on   

2.Re-adjusting their new wears to be noticed   

3.Feeding their babies   

Well, we can bring up the issue during general discussions. That is, whenever there are meetings after service.   

Nne, what of walking around the church for any frivolous reason during service and shouting alleluia on top of their voice which sometimes distracts the pastor and Emeka?

@Pilgrim

I think you have done the first thing in facing up to this problem: by proffering it for discussion.

People have different perspectives on issues; and believe me - I have actually heard some people in a church say to me directly: "Ol' gyiel, abeg make we hear word! what is distraction to you na enjoyment for us!" They apparently were "enjoying" something I cannot type here. . . but you get my drift?

Anyhow, there are all sorts of distractions. Bit perhaps if you begin by identifying a few of them, it may help us know how to proceed.

Regards
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Lady2(f): 9:07pm On Oct 13, 2008
Further, Aloy.Emeka, is saying that the Males seem to be bent on making sure that Females go to hellfire "eternal damnation" as she put it! What do you have to say about that? An sure you will remember what you enjoy quoting of ahadith. Here is your sister's casual observation of Christian male mantra

First of all, Aloy.Emeka would be a man from the name and his tone.
Second it was the other way around.

Sometimes it helps for you to read before you repsond.

Emeka abeg stay focused on God.

Here's a funny story.

A Priest was making his procession into the sanctuary, while walking he noticed a young girl who wore some risky clothes to mass, he turned around and picked up a garment and threw it on her.

At lady went to mass one day, while sitting, she looked ahead at the pews and saw a young lady who seemes like she was naked. No clothes were visible for her shoulders and her legs.

I in my younger years have made some very bad choices in clothing, thank God for my mothers at church, they send me home to change, luckily I lived around the corner from my parish.

It can be very distracting but as true brothers and sisters in Christ we should caution others of their conduct and dressing to church.

As for the breast feeding, SERIOUSLY? Women do that in the Church??
They can at least step to back. With the loud speakers at these churches I doubt they'll miss the pastor's sermon.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by affee(f): 9:11am On Oct 14, 2008
nwakaibe:

1.Remaking their face or hair while worship or message is going on wink wink wink

2.Re-adjusting their new wears to be noticed cheesy cheesy cheesy

3.Feeding their babies grin grin grin

4. tongue tongue tongue tongue

Well, we can bring up the issue during general discussions. That is, whenever there are meetings after service. cool cool cool

@ Nwaka

Haba, small small now

I have never seen a mother feed her baby inside the Church hall, they either go to the back of the church, the children's church or the nursery to breast feed.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by nwakaibe(m): 10:54am On Oct 14, 2008
affee:

@ Nwaka

Haba, small small now

I have never seen a mother feed her baby inside the Church hall, they either go to the back of the church, the children's church or the nursery to breast feed.

wink wink winkWhat of churches in villages that lacks children's church or nursery? I grew up in a tiny village. Nursing mothers in full glare of the crowd will just go ahead and breastfeed their tots. Trust those little tots, that is the time they will prefer to play and make noise.
Other mothers will whip out feeding bottles, infant formula, cereal tongue tongue tongue and make the food right there in the church. As children then, how we wish that the mothers will for a moment let go of the infant formula cheesy cheesy cheesy, we would have dealt with it.
But, mothers are very wonderful.Imagine, breastfeeding a baby in the open. When I reflect on this, it makes me appreciate my mother more and more. Only that age is telling on her. cry cry cry cry.
To my old woman kiss kiss kiss
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by affee(f): 10:57am On Oct 14, 2008
IDINRETE:

Bros Olabowale abeg leave the christians alone now,  it is not all of their threads that you should be making comments on, (I'm not a christian o but i don't comment in their threads that has nothing to do with general religious discussions) or are you just madly in love with Pilgrim why following her up and down the threads, (abeg no offence intended o)

lol

@pilgrim.1
his glory on you radiates even thru cyber space and makes it hard for alhaji olabs to resist you grin

it is well. smiley

how body my sister?
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by affee(f): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2008
@nwaka
nne, I definately did not grow up in the village but I visit from time to time,

but even in the village church we have Children's section and I discovered that most nursing mothers stayed at the back of the church so that could easily go outside when they want to feed their babies without attracting attention to themselves.

nwakaibe:

As children then, how we wish that the mothers will for a moment let go of the infant formula cheesy cheesy cheesy, we would have dealt with it.

lol grin
I sure dealt with my siblings God 4give me
My Mom was always shocked that my siblings finished their formula in a very short time
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by JustGood(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2008
Dem go dey roll yansh for church.
Some of those wey no fit get husband sef go still dey show cleavage for church make men for dey look.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by tpia: 12:57am On Oct 15, 2008
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by neowelsh(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2008
whoever that is distracted in church choose to be, because he or she has set a target
to look out for, ie fault and what others are doing/wore to church,
instead of concentrating on the Word of God.

if you know why you are in church, then you wont be distracted.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by shilling(f): 9:43am On Oct 16, 2008
I've also never seen a woman breast feeding her baby in church.

I also attend Winners and I don't think there's anything we can do to stop distractions in church cos we can't change people. The best thing to do is to try to ignore everyone who tries to distract you, it may be difficult at first, but practice makes perfect.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by opokonwa(m): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2008
Come to church early and always sit in front.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2008
Are guys really distracted by short skirts? undecided
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by DeepZone: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2008
Are guys really distracted by short skirts?

The are distracted by anything even a sneeze because they are like little children.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Roughlen(m): 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2008
I've seen women breastfeed their babies in church, market, buses and all manner of public places and have never seen anything wrong with it nor considered it distracting for that matter. Frankly, i've always seen it as the norms in this part of the world (Naija).
Infact, i know of instances when some shy mothers were rebuked for refusing to breastfeed their babies when they are crying for food in church. And i'm not talking about the village here cool.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by sosodat: 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2008
Distractions (temptations) are there to be overcome and overlooked.

If u have a purpose of attending church focus on it and If not,
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by affee(f): 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2008
olabowale:

Affee and DeepZone, your dude is highyella in mind!

what?
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by AloyEmeka9: 1:52am On Oct 17, 2008
Una nefa find solution to this froplem? Na men e dey worry pass. Women are safer.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by AloyEmeka9: 1:54am On Oct 17, 2008
Come to church early and always sit in front.

Good idea but how will we save those that come late who suffers the same fate?
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by JJYOU: 2:09am On Oct 17, 2008
distractions indeed. glue your eyes and ears that may help.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by AKO1(m): 8:07am On Oct 17, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

Una nefa find solution to this froplem? Na men e dey worry pass. Women are safer.

Says who

It depends on which distractions you are looking at.

What if their minds are flying all over the place because they find the Pastor 'boring'?
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by adetunrayo(f): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2008
I think the church should teach its congregation, moderation in dressing and discourage showing of body parts that can cause distrations.

Thanks.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Exstar(f): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

Good idea but how will we save those that come late who suffers the same fate?
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Exstar(f): 11:53am On Oct 17, 2008
Do you want them to dress as those ''Deeper Life'' Sisters?
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by eudio(f): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2008
why dont u try looking the other way grin
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by JUNIT1(m): 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2008
go to mfm, you will neva find distractions there
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by AloyEmeka9: 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2008
Says who Huh

It depends on which distractions you are looking at.

What if their minds are flying all over the place because they find the Pastor 'boring'?

If the pastor is boring, they can easily walk away or read their bible incessantly but we guys are distracted by women that cannot sit one place during church service. It's fast becoming a problem.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by gamechange(m): 12:10am On Oct 18, 2008
You cannot stop the distraction in church because it is a moving target. Today it is the girl in short skirt, tomorrow it is the screaming unruly child, etc. Ignore and try to stay on point.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Ikomi(m): 11:24am On Oct 18, 2008
I think the best way to concentrate is to blind fold yourself immediately u get yourself a sit in the church. Well lets hope u don't sleep off. Dodge prat angry
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by pilgrim1(f): 11:29am On Oct 18, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

It's fast becoming a problem.

It's already a problem - and when they identified specifically, we can then find some more gist to contribute. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus, Parsifal & Abdrushin - Questions For M_nwankwo / The Problem With The Atheist / Be Kind To Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.