Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

How To Avoid Distractions In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Avoid Distractions In Church? (5780 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Hello.... / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by duabba: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2008
The word needed here is focus, stay on point. Your motto when going to church should be: REMEMBER WHY YOU ARE HERE!
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Tamunofiri(m): 11:23pm On Oct 20, 2008
Many guys go to church with the intention of feeding their eyes with beautiful ladies, so even if the ladies are moderately dressed they still get distracted. Some other guys do it subconsciously though. However, with focus on the aim of going to church and clarity of purpose I really wonder why anyone should be distracted in church. In our higher institutions girls wear worse clothes to class but that rarely distract guys from listening to the lecturer cos they know if they dont concentrate - they go fail like mumu. So bros take church like say e be lecture hall by force u go concentrate. Chaw!!
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Tamunofiri(m): 11:37pm On Oct 20, 2008
Many guys go to church with the intention of feeding their eyes with the sight of beautiful babes, so even if the girls r moderately dressed they will still get distracted. Some guys do it subconsciously too (its a guy thing, na our nature). I believe with the right intentions of attending church and clarity of purpose one is meant to concentrate. Afterall, girls wear worse things to class in our higher institutions and guys give full concentration to lectures- they no born them well, except they won fail. Bros if you approach church as you would approach lectures, u will definitely concentrate.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by slyk2(m): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2008
The distractions in the church is silently on the rampage.
*the speakers are getting louder and louder daily.
*neighbours are disturbed without apology
*people are followed up to be present in church making many come to church "as they are"
*pastors and church leaders are not concerned about dressing.
*many preachers will defy your ears with grammer and stories better than supper stories
*most of our old style churches do not preach the gospel but interested in women wearing trousers
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by seun001(m): 10:34am On Oct 22, 2008
Tamunofiri:

Many guys go to church with the intention of feeding their eyes with beautiful ladies, so even if the ladies are moderately dressed they still get distracted. Some other guys do it subconsciously though. However, with focus on the aim of going to church and clarity of purpose I really wonder why anyone should be distracted in church. In our higher institutions girls wear worse clothes to class but that rarely distract guys from listening to the lecturer because they know if they don't concentrate - they go fail like mumu. So bros take church like say e be lecture hall by force u go concentrate. Chaw!!

men are distracted by anything female.i think it has to do with the male hormones or something.i can assure u,even the lecturer is routinely distracted,if not for will power ehn shocked grin

@topic,
hw about screaming for no particular reason.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2008
@ poster

i think the problem is u! no mata what will be done u are still gona get distracted any ways. First deal with the devil within. If i may ask, do u know why u go to church? nah guess not. A soul who is focused on God cant b easily attracted to disgusting immoralities in women. Whatever the distraction, u need to get ur priorities straight and stick to it cos there will always be distractions as long as the devil is still in business.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by AloyEmeka9: 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2008
@ poster

i think the problem is u! no mata what will be done u are still gona get distracted any ways. First deal with the devil within. If i may ask, do u know why u go to church? nah guess not. A soul who is focused on God can't b easily attracted to disgusting immoralities in women. Whatever the distraction, u need to get ur priorities straight and stick to it because there will always be distractions as long as the devil is still in business.

Have you dealth with the devil in you? undecided

I just can't understand why Nigerians attribute everything to devil thereby giving him so much honour. Instead of looking for a way to deal with distractions, you are talking about the devil. Will you concentrate on what the pastor is saying when children in the church are screaming on top of their lungs?. What has the devil gotta do with it? There are fellow worshipers that scream and shout rubbish during sermon and that is very distracting ma guy . If you do it, just stop it.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Obelomo: 7:47am On Oct 24, 2008
Just pray to God to give u his holy spirit and to deliver from being distracted in church. Distractions in church is not women dressing hoochie, it can be a woman looking at a fellow sista "satetilite dish" or checking the latest native styles.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Obelomo: 7:49am On Oct 24, 2008
I made some errors in my reply
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by moyolojoju(f): 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2008
i believe ladies are at fault here. they should try dress decently
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by biggs(m): 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2008
Aloy.Emmaka i'm ashamed of you, you left your house to pray to God & you got carried away because of what is nonsence. my broda the truth is you dnt know wat you want.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 31, 2008
@ biggs
thanks man, i was actually looking for words to address this unbeliever!

@ Aloy. Emeka - I GAT NO DEVIL IN ME BECOS MY BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD!
u simply lack rhema! which church allows kids make noise all over the arena? ur church? then ur church needs help!

its obvious that u aint bornagain and homeagain.

U SHUD HAVE THE RIGHT ATTITUTE TOWARDS THINGS THAT INCLUDES CHURCH SERVICES. FEAR GOD. AND STAY FOCUSED.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Thor(m): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2008
Don't go to church and you will not be distracted cheesy

There are far more useful things to do with your time wink
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2008
Thor:

don't listen to that thor man. nonsense!!!
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by MrCrackles(m): 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2008
Thor:

grin grin grin
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by HRhotness(f): 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2008
moyolojoju:

i believe ladies are at fault here. they should try dress decently

Blame the female population why don't ya. . . after all they r d ones with full control of ur eyes and ears. . . u r shamelessly confessing to ur weakness and inadequacies
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by PepERSprAY: 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2008
HR.hotness:

Blame the female population why don't ya. . . after all they r d ones with full control of ur eyes and ears. . . u r shamelessly confessing to ur weakness and inadequacies
Typical african mentality. Women are the sole cause of their woes.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 17, 2008
@ Thor

i bind that demon in u, in Jesus name.

To the men in the house,
admit that u cant help it wen u c a boodilicious lady even in church. whether she is clothed well or not, i bet ur eyes gat lasers to c thru, abi na lie? U just begin to unleash ur manly attitude. So it has to do with u and u alone to get distracted.
Re: How To Avoid Distractions In Church? by mamagee3(f): 2:06am On Nov 18, 2009
Tamunofiri:

Many guys go to church with the intention of feeding their eyes with the sight of beautiful babes, so even if the girls r moderately dressed they will still get  distracted. Some guys do it subconsciously too (its a guy thing, na our nature). I believe with the right intentions of attending church and clarity of purpose one is meant to concentrate. Afterall, girls wear worse things to class in our higher institutions and guys give full concentration to lectures- they no born them well, except they won fail. Bros if you approach church as you would approach lectures, u will definitely concentrate.

lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians, Is It A Sin To Name My Bulldog Yahweh? / Is It Right For Churches To Record Tithes? / Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.