Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

ABCs Of Cake Making - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / ABCs Of Cake Making (47948 Views)

Food Presentation Basics: ABCs Of Posting Food Preparation Pictures On Nairaland / Cake Making N Decoration In Abuja / Any Bakery In Abuja Capable Of Cake Home Delivery If Ordered From Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpia: 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
how to make a rhinestone trim cake trim (video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eahRPPWyY4
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpia: 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
substitute for corn syrup:

http://www.ehow.com/info_8105085_corn-syrup-substitutes.html

heat sugar +water

or

use honey or small amount of frosting.

**refer to video in previous post for clarification**
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpia: 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiah99: 11:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
Aso Oke Cake:

How to make:

http://www.gratednutmeg.com/?p=3131
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiah99: 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiah99: 12:45am On Feb 12, 2015
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by itstpia99: 8:32pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiah01: 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
cakes contd:

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiah01: 11:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
I have been making cake on my own and I have tried a few Decorations tho. It's not coming right

Is there a baker in ikorodu open 4 training ?
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by Fertilenigeria: 11:26am On Jul 03, 2015
Have you ever thought of making money from cake decoration business? If yes, see the step-by-step guide on how to start, what you need to start and marketing strategies in this article. All you need is a personal motivation after reading this article.

Click to read it here: http://infoguidenigeria.com/start-cake-decoration-business/
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 5:00am On Dec 26, 2015
ombre cakes:

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 5:01am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 5:01am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by jokky4u: 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
hello people in the house. I learn how to bake cake some weeks back but doesn't know how to decorate it. can anyone help m out.
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by mosix4real: 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
Ko Cakes & Confectionery is the best place to learn cake baking and decoration, which are the ABC and XYZ of baking caking. They even offer free skill acquisition class. Contact them to get more information. www.kocakes.com.ng or call/whatsapp 07069243611, 07065273627

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 2:46am On Feb 08, 2016
jokky4u:
hello people in the house. I learn how to bake cake some weeks back but doesn't know how to decorate it. can anyone help m out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppqnkRfPduY

http://www.wikihow.com/Decorate-a-Cake
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 2:47am On Feb 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 5:04am On Feb 09, 2016
Leather sofa cakes:

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 5:06am On Feb 09, 2016
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 5:15am On Feb 09, 2016
Gold bullion cake:

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 5:16am On Feb 09, 2016
Gold trim:

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by lifenajeje(m): 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
tpia1:
question number 1:

what methods can be used to preserve cakes?

from what I've read, seems it is actually not advisable to preserve cakes, and if you must, then they should not be preserved too long- maybe not more than 4 to 5 days.

Storing cakes in freezer then thawing them out later is another method of preservation although you have to know how long it takes for them to thaw completely or you run the risk of serving cake with the inside frozen.

other preservatives include citric acid, vanilla extract, etc. More info is probably available on google.

these are alternatives to using alcohol as preservatives, just for those who want to know.

however, i have not tested any of these methods. I usually throw away any cake left over after three, four or so days, it has generally spoilt by that time, or is no longer fresh if it wasnt in the refrigerator.

First of all I must say nice thread....judt saw the polka dots designs in the cake for the first time...i will try it out this weekend...

Like mamachops said a good sponge cake can Last for seven days....mine last for seven days....fruit cakes last much longer than that.... But dessert cakes are best eaten immediately.....

Asides mixtures what I know makes sponge cakes not to last is cos some caterers don't allow their cake to cool 100% ...the heat inside would spoil the cake and in such case scenario even a refrigerator cant save your cake....

For the lady with cake bringing out crumbs mamachops said it all but in addition to that use small eggs for ur measurement not the very big eggs ...20 is best for measurement but u not less than 16...its actually size 3 eggs ...if u want ur cake to be fluffy use an electronic whisk for ur eggs(u can get it for 2000) whisk till it forms a peak when u insert a spoon.

I have tasted all drinks in making fruit cake but I will tell u cos I have a very strong taste bud....if u can get a good supply of original squadron its tastier compared to brandy....

In getting the best out of your cake flavours buy industrial flavours and taste them cos atimes it is mixed in the market....use natural ingredients when the need arises instead of the packed ones ..ie natural nutmeg ..natural orange zest(back of orange ) instead of orange flavours...the natural stuff enhances taste better.

Have an open mind ...be innovative...creative...go for seminars....use google....learn something new .....if there is any new product in the market don't be afraid to try it....

Lastly if u want to learn cake making be sure u go somewhere close that makes cake on a regular basis with decorations that speak volume and cakes that taste good(some can decorate but make bad cakes vice versa) making cake on a regular basis gives u more opportunity to learn and your boss will learn stuffs that are not on your syllabus ....

1 Like

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by lifenajeje(m): 7:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
lifenajeje:

First of all I must say nice thread....judt saw the polka dots designs in the cake for the first time...i will try it out this weekend...

Like mamachops said a good sponge cake can Last for seven days....mine last for seven days....fruit cakes last much longer than that.... But dessert cakes are best eaten immediately.....

Asides mixtures what I know makes sponge cakes not to last is cos some caterers don't allow their cake to cool 100% ...the heat inside would spoil the cake and in such case scenario even a refrigerator cant save your cake....

For the lady with cake bringing out crumbs mamachops said it all but in addition to that use small eggs for ur measurement not the very big eggs ...20 is best for measurement but u not less than 16...its actually size 3 eggs ...if u want ur cake to be fluffy use an electronic whisk for ur eggs(u can get it for 2000) whisk till it forms a peak when u insert a spoon.

I have tasted all drinks in making fruit cake but I will tell u cos I have a very strong taste bud....if u can get a good supply of original squadron its tastier compared to brandy....

In getting the best out of your cake flavours buy industrial flavours and taste them cos atimes it is mixed in the market....use natural ingredients when the need arises instead of the packed ones ..ie natural nutmeg ..natural orange zest(back of orange ) instead of orange flavours...the natural stuff enhances taste better.

Have an open mind ...be innovative...creative...go for seminars....use google....learn something new .....if there is any new product in the market don't be afraid to try it....

Lastly if u want to learn cake making be sure u go somewhere close that makes cake on a regular basis with decorations that speak volume and cakes that taste good(some can decorate but make bad cakes vice versa) making cake on a regular basis gives u more opportunity to learn and your boss will learn stuffs that are not on your syllabus ....

Oops sorry my last line....u will learn stuffs ur boss did not put in ur syllabus....and the lady with the crumbs cake increase ur sugar like someone said cos the sugar incoporates air into ur batter.
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 11:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
colour changing cake (havent checked how this is made, yet)

[img]http://redditupvoted.files./2015/12/vtgta.gif?w=584&h=584[/img]
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 11:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
Voyage cake:

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 2:00am On Feb 11, 2016
thanks

@ lifenijeje
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 2:01am On Feb 11, 2016
How to make the colour changing cake (video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af3GHtV9pN4
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 11:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Gumbo cakes:

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by tpiar: 12:20am On Feb 12, 2016
Ultimate chocolate cake:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is My Fondant Breaking? / 11k Well Spent.. / Recipes For The Fruitful Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.