Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary (16605 Views)

I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements / Plastic Manufacturing And Paint Company Start Up / Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 15, 2014
Umm nice idea for ecommerce site, but what about when the good is delivered, won't it be packaged with the name of d affiliate network since they own the Good, or will they use the name of site promoting their product to package it?
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
The idea is that you are promoting products from stores you know are trustworthy. When users want to make purchase, they will be re-directed to the checkout of the store you are promoting. The store will process the order and do the delivery. So yes, they will know its another store's product you are selling. Its more like: "any product you see in my website is super cool and affordable, so go ahead and order from my website...i endorse the product." This is a new way of affiliate marketing and it guarantees more sales and income compared to just placing banners on your website.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
databoy247:
The idea is that you are promoting products from stores you know are trustworthy. When users want to make purchase, they will be re-directed to the checkout of the store you are promoting. The store will process the order and do the delivery. So yes, they will know its another store's product you are selling. Its more like: "any product you see in my website is super cool and affordable, so go ahead and order from my website...i endorse the product." This is a new way of affiliate marketing and it guarantees more sales and income compared to just placing banners on your website.
Make brain, thanks
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 10:11am On Nov 16, 2014
***Important update***

Hello peeps, please you can reach me on 09050951360 for the main while, my mtn sim got damaged. I guess old age don affect am (over 10 years in use). I hope to retrieve the line tomorrow by His Grace. Cheers.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 10:11am On Nov 23, 2014
Hi folks, just to let you guys know that we are recruiting in Warri, Delta State. The details of the vacancy are highlighted below;

5 Star Global, a start-up ICT consulting/ business solutions company located in Delta State needs the services of Marketing Executives for immediate employment (3 positions).

Job description:
- Analyzing web traffic to company websites and providing monthly reports.
- maintaining existing social networking channels.
- Searching for new clients and help maintain existing clients via effective and enticing rapport. You would also be expected to meet a monthly target: bringing in not less than 3 website design projects monthly and sell our other web solutions.

Training will be available for successful candidates.

Qualifications:
-OND/Degree qualification on any of the Social Sciences courses.
-You should demonstrate a strong familiarity with the internet.
-Think creatively about innovative approaches to marketing.
-Understand what makes a good online marketing campaign.
-Enjoy explaining the benefits of having a business website to people who are not already familiar with it.
-Even though a technical background is not essential, it helps if you understand how a website or other digital product technically works

You can work from any location, but if you are resident in Delta State it will be a plus.

Salary:
N36,000 monthly plus bonus.

If you are interested, send your complete resume and cover letter to office@fivestarglobal.net Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by wiggle: 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
databoy247:
Hi folks, just to let you guys know that we are recruiting in Warri, Delta State. The details of the vacancy are highlighted below;

Are you still accepting CV's? Cos I want to apply
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 1:47am On Nov 27, 2014
wiggle:
Are you still accepting CV's? Cos I want to apply

Yes you can.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by etcme(m): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2014
BOSS.... No more updates?
Your startup story inspired me into starting something with nothing and its on completion stage. I will contact you soon for something.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 8:17am On Dec 06, 2014
etcme:
BOSS.... No more updates?
Your startup story inspired me into starting something with nothing and its on completion stage. I will contact you soon for something.

Nice. Am always available for contacts. Updates will come soon.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2014
Our officemanager document pack is currently being given away at 50% discount. If you want to start a business, if you want to start hustling for contracts, if you own a company, then you definitely need this. It will help you all the way and make your job way easier. Check www.officemanager.com.ng for details.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by needinfo: 10:18am On Dec 15, 2014
Some people did not read where they said they will need to bring 3 web design job as target every month and they are all submitting CV.hope they know how it is to get such web design jobs for the target.getting one will take you skills and sweet mouth, not to talk of 3.mehn no b beans oooooooooo.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2014
Merry christmas and a Happy new year folks.. cool
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Bertevan(m): 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
databoy247:
Our officemanager document pack is currently being given away at 50% discount. If you want to start a business, if you want to start hustling for contracts, if you own a company, then you definitely need this. It will help you all the way and make your job way easier. Check www.officemanager.com.ng for details.

Is the 50% discount still on?
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 8:33am On Mar 15, 2015
Bertevan:

Is the 50% discount still on?

No sir
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by ubiquitousade(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2015
databoy: pls update
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
ubiquitousade:
databoy: pls update

Then stay tuned.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
hello folks...

It has been a while. I am glad to announce that it has been one year now since this journey started and i thank God for his Grace, strength and provisions. I also want to thank you all for your support and follow up.

The year will officially end next month (September) and i will surely mark it. I may not organize an end of year party, but i will sure do something.

Over the course of the year, i experienced a lot of things, being in the low and in the high. Got financially stranded, made some money, made lots of mistakes, had quarrels, ended professional relationships, made new friends, etc.

Over the year, my company was able to complete some minor jobs; supply this and that, install this and that, provide this and that service from other organizations. Overly, the projects put together was a net worth of almost 2 million naira.

This was not my target, but i see it as a beautiful start. And am grateful to God for it. Truthfully, i made some mistakes.

LOW POINTS (MISTAKES)
First, one of my mistakes was mismanagement of funds. This is not one of my strong attributes and i really have to do something about it. I have no idea how to go about this but i believe i will learn with time. Though i really want to employ an accountant but i think the company has not grown up to that level yet.

I was also distracted by some other things. Initially, i emphasized that if you are starting up, it is good to get your company busy with other things to keep income flowing so in case the contract award letter hasn't come, you wont liquidate. Well, i got involved in other things that were supposed to generate income for my organization, but i went in too deep and ended up distracted from my initial focus. I got my fingers burnt, I learnt my lessons and thank God am back on track.

I guess my low turnout was as a result of this distraction.

We also did some jobs to which payment has not come till this day, more recently, was the job we did for one of the Local Government Office here in Delta State.

HIGH POINTS
Currently, my company have 2 permanent staff (secretary, administrative/business development officer), I also have one part time consultant working with my organization. he is an expert in contract procedures and he is based in Port Harcourt.

We have also sealed a partnership agreement with an ICT company in New York, United States and i hope the partnership brings good tidings.

We are on the verge of getting an award letter signed by Delta State Government on a job that will last the next four years (and hopefully extended in the next tenure). We've scaled through the first stage, and we are now in the second stage which is the crucial one. The third stage is not rocket science.

NEXT YEAR PROJECTIONS
- Hopefully, it is my dream and target for the firm to get registered with a variety of multinationals including SPDC, NDDC, Agip, Sterling Global and Federal University of Petroleum Resources.

- Get an accountant to handle our finances.

- Get an official vehicle for the firm.

And by his Grace, i hope our annual turnover next year will be in the excess of 10 million naira. I am not in a hurry, I want to grow gradually, understanding the system and also try not to be greedy chasing money i know i can never get (for the now). Let us be realistic, My firm is just starting, so I am not expected to start chasing contracts worth 50 million or 100 million naira. If i do this, i am just deceiving myself.

If what i can get from a deal is 200k, good. If what i can get is 800k, good, i will go for it. Gradually, i will grow.

I will be back to drop more updates. cool

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
Any one here registered with NDDC?
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by kentochi(m): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
databoy247:
Any one here registered with NDDC?
just registered with BPP.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by bigx(m): 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
Use waveapps for your accounting,

You won't need an accountant except maybe to modify your books to match ifrs,

It's free, easy to master and cloud based so you can use it from anywhere.

Just get your secretary to enter transactions daily.

I use it for different businesses and can tell you profit, bank balances, income and expenses anytime, anywhere there's internet.

databoy247:
hello folks...

It has been a while. I am glad to announce that it has been one year now since this journey started and i thank God for his Grace, strength and provisions. I also want to thank you all for your support and follow up.

The year will officially end next month (September) and i will surely mark it. I may not organize an end of year party, but i will sure do something.

Over the course of the year, i experienced a lot of things, being in the low and in the high. Got financially stranded, made some money, made lots of mistakes, had quarrels, ended professional relationships, made new friends, etc.

Over the year, my company was able to complete some minor jobs; supply this and that, install this and that, provide this and that service from other organizations. Overly, the projects put together was a net worth of almost 2 million naira.

This was not my target, but i see it as a beautiful start. And am grateful to God for it. Truthfully, i made some mistakes.

LOW POINTS (MISTAKES)
First, one of my mistakes was mismanagement of funds. This is not one of my strong attributes and i really have to do something about it. I have no idea how to go about this but i believe i will learn with time. Though i really want to employ an accountant but i think the company has not grown up to that level yet.

I was also distracted by some other things. Initially, i emphasized that if you are starting up, it is good to get your company busy with other things to keep income flowing so in case the contract award letter hasn't come, you wont liquidate. Well, i got involved in other things that were supposed to generate income for my organization, but i went in too deep and ended up distracted from my initial focus. I got my fingers burnt, I learnt my lessons and thank God am back on track.

I guess my low turnout was as a result of this distraction.

We also did some jobs to which payment has not come till this day, more recently, was the job we did for one of the Local Government Office here in Delta State.

HIGH POINTS
Currently, my company have 2 permanent staff (secretary, administrative/business development officer), I also have one part time consultant working with my organization. he is an expert in contract procedures and he is based in Port Harcourt.

We have also sealed a partnership agreement with an ICT company in New York, United States and i hope the partnership brings good tidings.

We are on the verge of getting an award letter signed by Delta State Government on a job that will last the next four years (and hopefully extended in the next tenure). We've scaled through the first stage, and we are now in the second stage which is the crucial one. The third stage is not rocket science.

NEXT YEAR PROJECTIONS
- Hopefully, it is my dream and target for the firm to get registered with a variety of multinationals including SPDC, NDDC, Agip, Sterling Global and Federal University of Petroleum Resources.

- Get an accountant to handle our finances.

- Get an official vehicle for the firm.

And by his Grace, i hope our annual turnover next year will be in the excess of 10 million naira. I am not in a hurry, I want to grow gradually, understanding the system and also try not to be greedy chasing money i know i can never get (for the now). Let us be realistic, My firm is just starting, so I am not expected to start chasing contracts worth 50 million or 100 million naira. If i do this, i am just deceiving myself.

If what i can get from a deal is 200k, good. If what i can get is 800k, good, i will go for it. Gradually, i will grow.

I will be back to drop more updates. cool

3 Likes

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
bigx:
Use waveapps for your accounting,

You won't need an accountant except maybe to modify your books to match ifrs,

It's free, easy to master and cloud based so you can use it from anywhere.

Just get your secretary to enter transactions daily.

I use it for different businesses and can tell you profit, bank balances, income and expenses anytime, anywhere there's internet.

Thanks mate. Will look into it.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by 1k001(m): 6:52am On Aug 29, 2015
databoy247:
Thanks mate. Will look into it.

Great update. You should certainly look into waveapps. I use it myself to and it make finances easy. Since you have an admin staff it should be easy to do. Just get an accountant to look into it once in a while. You probably know that nothing can make up for getting the finances wrong.

You spoke about focus and how doing other things can be distracting. That's absolutely true! It's tough in our environment but like you i've come to learn that saying 'no' is not such a bad thing.

Good luck with the govt contracts, i generally stay away from them. Too much hassle with no real assurances.

Remember to always use metrics to regularly assess your biz. Have <5 and 1 in particular you're focusing on.

I should go update my own thread sef.

Well done and hope to hear more

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 11:17am On Aug 30, 2015
1k001:

Great update. You should certainly look into waveapps. I use it myself to and it make finances easy. Since you have an admin staff it should be easy to do. Just get an accountant to look into it once in a while. You probably know that nothing can make up for getting the finances wrong.

You spoke about focus and how doing other things can be distracting. That's absolutely true! It's tough in our environment but like you i've come to learn that saying 'no' is not such a bad thing.

Good luck with the govt contracts, i generally stay away from them. Too much hassle with no real assurances.

Remember to always use metrics to regularly assess your biz. Have <5 and 1 in particular you're focusing on.

I should go update my own thread sef.

Well done and hope to hear more

Long time (on your thread, please give us an update). Government contract can come in various forms. For example, you can hustle a contract, and when it is approved and awarded to you, then you get paid by the government. However, this is not what i have in mind as i have already done one for the government and up till now (many months later) i am still expecting to be paid. The kind of government contract i am talking about is more like a government approval to carry out a project. The project will pay for itself, but it will be done under the coffers of "government". So, it is not bidding for contracts, but presenting a proposal to the government stating the project they need to carry out, and at the same time suggesting to them that you can carry out the project on their behalf. Let them know how the project can "fund" itself so they really dont need to bother about approving funds.

At the end of the day, they give your company approval and necessary contract award documents, you execute the project, it adds to their portfolio (so they win more votes in the next election), they approve funding for the project which they also keep in their pockets cos the project can generate its own money, you make some millions on your own from the project, everybody is a winner! Such projects get approved faster if you know how to package it right. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
Happy Sunday people. Your questions are welcome.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by eninaija(f): 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
databoy247:

Long time (on your thread, please give us an update). Government contract can come in various forms. For example, you can hustle a contract, and when it is approved and awarded to you, then you get paid by the government. However, this is not what i have in mind as i have already done one for the government and up till now (many months later) i am still expecting to be paid. The kind of government contract i am talking about is more like a government approval to carry out a project. The project will pay for itself, but it will be done under the coffers of "government". So, it is not bidding for contracts, but presenting a proposal to the government stating the project they need to carry out, and at the same time suggesting to them that you can carry out the project on their behalf. Let them know how the project can "fund" itself so they really dont need to bother about approving funds.

At the end of the day, they give your company approval and necessary contract award documents, you execute the project, it adds to their portfolio (so they win more votes in the next election), they approve funding for the project which they also keep in their pockets cos the project can generate its own money, you make some millions on your own from the project, everybody is a winner! Such projects get approved faster if you know how to package it right. grin

Well done Databoy, pls give example of such a project that can 'fund' itself. It will make things clearer ...thanks
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
eninaija:

Well done Databoy, pls give example of such a project that can 'fund' itself. It will make things clearer ...thanks
Seconded, though I guess it might be difficult for you to release it as it may be your business secret.
But if you can give us these example, we'd appreciate

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Official Thread: YOUWIN 4 - Business Plan Competition 2014 / Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele / Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.