Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,461 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:46 AM

FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University (15478 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG / We Are Not Resuming – AAUA Lecturers To Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by inteli: 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nigeria has deployed 50 volunteers of the Technical Aid Corps (TAC) to the Islamic University of Uganda where they will lecture until 2016.
Addressing the volunteers at the pre-departure ceremony in Abuja, the Director General of TAC, Prof. Pius Osunyikanmi said the delegation is part of about 1,500 volunteers to be deployed to 15 countries this year.

“One major aspects of Nigeria’s foreign policy is the Technical Aid Corps with the objective of providing technical know-how and manpower assistance to African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries. TAC was given birth to with the view to leveraging on the abundant human and material resources in the country using it as a platform to providing technical know-how to needy ACP countries.

“We have a total of 50 of you that will be departing for a single University in Uganda. You will be going there to render services as University lecturers. You are the second batch that will be posted in the last one month. Other batches going to Namibia, Rwanda, Burundi, and others will follow in due course. In all, we would be deploying about 1,500 within the next three months”, Osunyikanmi said.

He explained that President Goodluck Jonathan gave a charge that the recruitment process should be 100 per cent merit-driven and the Directorate’s frontiers should be expanded to cover more countries.

Osunyikanmi assured the Volunteers that Nigeria would stand by them adding, “Uganda is desirous of your services and you cannot afford to give less than what they desire of you. Discipline should be your watchword; you are carrying the Nigerian flag and you must be able to do Nigeria proud.

Ensure that you market and project Nigeria in its proper perspective. Let them know that indeed Nigeria is a country that is peaceful, progressive and developing. Let everybody who cares know that Nigeria is stable, progressive and that we are on an irreversible course in our journey to development”, he said.

The Corps is a federal department under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was established in 1987 to leverage on the abundant human and material resources in the country using it as a platform to providing technical know-how to needy countries in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific States.
Prof. Osunyikanmi urged the volunteers to be disciplined and be good ambassadors of Nigeria.

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/19/fg-deploys-50-lecturers-to-ugandan-university/

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by mencade5(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
i really hope they choose on merit. Cos i dont trust naija and theiir ojoro

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by EdCure: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
To sell hand-outs, collect blocking, and ultimately radicalise the moderates.

Cankerworm Foreign Policy Of The Clueless! grin

8 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by robinicule(m): 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
plots to embezzle
Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by teamup: 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
nice move

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
abeg who get small pin charger?

2 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by nairaman66(m): 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
My Grandma once said- Remove the speck in ones eyes before trying to fix your neighbor's eyes!

17 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by publicenemy(m): 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by chinex276(m): 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
Wat is it with posts widawt pics diz dayz.... Mtsheewwww, o.p #picsORitsApureLIE.

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by duni04(m): 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
lol..nobody should be shocked when they hear that Ugandan ASUU is on strike.

17 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by alabosian(m): 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
Orisirisi! U mean our half baked lecturer? Uganda must be fourth world nation.

3 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by igbsam(m): 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
Na wa o!

And our Universities and Polytechnics are customers to Strike.

Na to sell handouts and strike dem wan go colonize there.

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by tbagjames(m): 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
the begining of the end of Ugandan universities

3 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by Nestor021: 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
HELLO, HERE IS A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT.
THE MANAGEMENT OF ***ALMIGHTY JESUS CHRIST OF HEAVEN UNIVERSITY*** ARE HERE BY INVITES THE GENERAL PUBLIC BOTH THE SINNERS AND NON-SINNERS TO HER 2014/2015 POST UTME EXAMINATION.
THE POST UTME FORM IS FREE AND YOU ARE 100% ASSURED OF GAINING PURE ADMISSION ONES YOU APPLY AND WILLING TO VISIT HEAVEN AND SIT FOR THE EXAM.
THIS WAS STATED BY ARCH ANGEL MICHAEL THE VICE CHANCELLOR OF THE GREAT UNIVERSITY DURING BRIEFING OUR NEWS MEN YESTERDAY.

REQUIREMENTS
1. A TEST RESULT SHOWING THAT YOU HAVE NOT KILLED ANY ONE BEFORE.

2. AT LEAST 7 CREDITS IN YOUR O'LEVEL RESULT TO INCLUDE
> CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
> HONESTY STUDIES
> NO SEX STUDIES
> NO ADULTERY STUDIES
> OBEDIENT STUDIES
> NO FIGHTING STUDIES
> NO CHEATING ON YOUR PARTNER STUDIES

MATERIALS FOR THE EXAM
> WEAR A PURE WHITE GARMENT
> HOLY BIBLE
AND THEN OTHER WRITING MATERIALS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU ON REACHING TO THE HEAVEN BEAUTIFUL GATE

HOW TO APPLY
> SIMPLY COMMENT WITH ''YES'' IF YOU ARE INTERESTED OR ''NO'' IF YOU RAE NOT INTERESTED.

FOR THOSE THAT COMMENTED WITH ''YES'', WILL RECEIVE A MESSAGE CONTAINING THE VENUE, DATE AND TIME OF THE EXAM FROM ANGEL GABRIEL AND ALSO THEY WILL BE GIVING A PERMANENT VISA TO STAY AND LIVE IN ***HEAVEN*** WHERE THEY WILL LACK NOTHING AFTER THE POST UTME EXAMINATION.

NOTE: YOU CAN AS WELL DECIDE TO COME BACK TO YOUR PARENTS HOUSE HERE ON EARTH AND START HUSTLING AGAIN FOR DAILY BREAD IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT THE PERMANENT VISA TO LIVE AND ENJOY WITH JESUS CHRIST FOREVER IN HEAVEN.

ANGEL GABRIEL,
REGISTRAR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, LOL!!!

LETS THE FUN CONTINUE.
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND LETS HOPE THAT ONE DAY, SOMETHING LIKE THIS WILL HAPPEN AND WE WILL WITNESS THE NUMBER OF CANDIDATES OF GOD THAT WILL APPLY.

LOOOOOOOL!!!!!

VISIT www.felicityglobal.com.ng FOR MORE FUNNY JOKES THAT WILL HELP YOU FORGET YOUR SORROWS...

ENJOY!!!

AS FOR ME, I CHOOSE ''YES'' SO WHAT DO YOU CHOOSE?

PLS DON'T SPOIL THE FUN OOO!!!

7 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by chinex276(m): 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
R2bees: abeg who get small pin charger?
if u reach bus stop look left, u go sign board "CHINEX&SONS INVESTMENTS" we av d latest pin mouth chargers, even d 1s wey dem nova finish produce we get am. #ode

11 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by chinex276(m): 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
if u reach bus stop look left, u go sign board "CHINEX&SONS INVESTMENTS" we av d latest pin mouth chargers, even d 1s wey dem nova finish produce we get am. #odeh

6 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by slimpoppa(m): 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lecturers wey never reach ours schools na him wey dey borrow other people. Diaris God o.
Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by calobinna(m): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
these lecturers go do runz, after some sharp warri weed!
Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by sisiafrika(f): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
Fwesh air
Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by tobechi74: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Funny country..

Eager to send teachers despite poor university sistem with regular strike

eager to send military aid to sudan when boko is bombing

6 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by UnknownT: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Make dem no go form ASUU-Uganda chapter for there oh!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by ademoladeji(m): 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why una no come take me comot for here?
Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by ademoladeji(m): 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why una no come take me comot for here
Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by Dsimple: 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
Anyway, I made front page, Thank God
Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by Alikaxon(m): 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nigeria is a Great Country.... The problem is; Nigerians are hindering the great potentials of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by alotofgrace(m): 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
thoght i saw uduaghan university grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by kobonaire(m): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dsimple: Anyway, I made front page, Thank God
NL is giving 1 tin of peak milk for that, no forget to collect your own.

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by plainmirror(m): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
See as blind man wan lead a one-eyed man
grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University by tijjanioyan: 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
i dey use ma own naw i go gib u wen i finish make u no use gen wit am o because i hear say una no get light

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. / When Will 2011 Waec Result Comes Out / Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.