Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad (24672 Views)

Traditional Inspired Architecture In Africa, What Should We Do To Help? / The Wackiest Architecture In The World / Architecture: Construction Of Duplex In Lekki & Akwa-Ibom State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by Willow08: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
mr brabus, Jesse is the name. i have gone through some of your projects and im wondering why you most of your clients prefer concrete walls to glass walls undecided. is it that expensive in nigeria or it is just ignorance? also can you work with red bricks. i prefer building my project with that.
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by mufutau55(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
Don't mind me... I am just a silent observer/listener.

Hajji M.
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by brabus(m): 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
Willow08: mr brabus, Jesse is the name. i have gone through some of your projects and im wondering why you most of your clients prefer concrete walls to glass walls undecided. is it that expensive in nigeria or it is just ignorance? also can you work with red bricks. i prefer building my project with that.

Expensive? NOT REALLY
Ignorance? MAYBE

I think it's actually the work of cowboy designers and mentality of our people back home. We also explore alternative building solutions including bricks, rammed earth, cob homes etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by Willow08: 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
Good to know. i'll contact you when ready.
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by FastShipping: 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
@brabus

Cement plastered walls like the ones we have in Nigeria tend to fade within a year or two after painting them and they don't really look appealing to me. Are there alternatives to wall plastering for exterior of homes in Nigeria other than the cement plastered walls? In the U.S, we use sidings like the ones below. They are low maintenance. Come rain and sun, they remain the same for the next 40 years. Are there other options available in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by FastShipping: 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
more

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by FastShipping: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
more and more

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by FastShipping: 4:53am On Sep 09, 2014
Nice thread revived.

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by Natudu: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2014
Following... keenly!
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by skimanski(m): 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
@Fastshipping, thanks very much for bringing this thread to my attention. Words Can't explain the Joy I feel, knowing that there is a Thread dedicated to the cry out for Modern contemporary designs styles and Unique architecture, which I have longed tried to engrave on my architecture as I present my self to Good willing Nigerians who wish to build their dream homes.

There is one thing we should all know about the way houses are finished in more developed countries like S.A and others. The most important parties involved(CLient and Contractor) in the work process have to be ready to deliver that uniqueness. It isn't just enough for one to be on that level and the other isn't ready. E.g, If I am ready for unique Jobs only and my client isn't ready for the challenges, which are mainly financial challenges from the clients Point of view, then I'll struggle to deliver excellence, and so the other way round.

However, apart from both parties been ready for the challenges, the Nigerian syndrome has also affected the way our houses finish. The market has been saturated with contractors who know nothing about what True Architecture means. They are just there to make whatever they can. They do not care about detailing and Detailing is what architecture is all about. As a result, clients have given up on trying to look for good Architects, and just build with what they have on ground, or involve the extreemly expensive and pocket tearing contractors.

I can go on and on about many other reasons that have affected our architecture, but instead of complaining, we have decided to offer clients the opportunity of getting a trustworthy, dedicated, creative and most importantly "BRAVE" contractor, for every single part of their house project. Note the word brave is needed for any contractor, as that's what is required to take on any request from the client. Clients can come to you with any kind of design, or require you to produce any kind of design, but as a brave Contractor, you only know one thing phrase "THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITHOUT A SOLUTION" No matter how big or how challenging.

Anyway, I am here now to respond to any questions or offer advise to oga Fastshipping and Willow08, as they get ready for the search of their dream house. The pictures you posted have really impressed me a lot, as I can see you are ready to go the distance in getting making your dream house a reality.

Your boy Skimanski Signing in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by mufutau55(m): 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
@Skimanski, you are 1000% correct. And that is why your designs have always stand-out in all Architectural designs on Nairaland.
I have always admired your designs and the buildings you have built with those super modern finishing. keep up the good work.
The only thing that scares me is the Cantilevers; because I have had terrible experiences with it... but I can conquer my fear.
I explained this experiences in one of the Segzy14 threads... The experience is posted below this message. Thanks you.

Hajji Mufutau

segzy14:
it would be nice to share the bad experience you had with the cantilever.
the estimated cost of finishing the duplex and the b.q is about 20.5million naira .
I will give the dimensions of the building tomorrow.

Cheers
Samuel

================================================================================
@Segzy14

My Cantilever Fear... I used to live in a highrise building (27th Floor) here in NYC that has those verandah/balcony made in cantilever, one day the floor above me (28th Floor) gave-out/collapsed and crashed to my floor.. it's not a good site to watch.. Thank God my children were not playing on the balcony at that time... Since then I have been afraid of anything cantilever.. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by skimanski(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2014
mufutau55: @Skimanski, you are 1000% correct. And that is why your designs have always stand-out in all Architectural designs on Nairaland.
I have always admired your designs and the buildings you have built with those super modern finishing. keep up the good work.
The only thing that scares me is the Cantilevers; because I have had terrible experiences with it... but I can conquer my fear.
I explained this experiences in one of the Segzy14 threads... The experience is posted below this message. Thanks you.

Hajji Mufutau

It boils down to what I said about the contractor that does your house. Because people have done bad jobs in the past, others are then scarred of involving in brave architecture. My advise for people like that is make sure you are involving in someone that has proved to you already that he can deliver. Talking about Cantilevers, I'm sure this building below has enough Cantilever to scare you. But its a Cantilever thats save because the length of the Cantilevered porting is less than half of the full beam body

1 Share

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by mufutau55(m): 12:45am On Sep 11, 2014
skimanski:
It boils down to what I said about the contractor that does your house. Because people have done bad jobs in the past, others are then scarred of involving in brave architecture. My advise for people like that is make sure you are involving in someone that has proved to you already that he can deliver. Talking about Cantilevers, I'm sure this building below has enough Cantilever to scare you. But its a Cantilever thats save because the length of the Cantilevered porting is less than half of the full beam body

Are you kidding! I won't be able to sleep in that house...

Hajji M.
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by Olucheye(m): 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by true2home(m): 1:05am On Apr 21, 2015
ski,

i have been following you and brubas since the beginning when spider starts the revolution. im very contemporary and bring into Nigeria something different too. still working on the financing for now,but i sure we will be comparing note very soon.

true2home
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by AsAPRocky: 1:16am On May 27, 2015
I'm happy that a thread like this exists, with the monolithic design that is overtaking Nigerian houses, its time we start seeing something contemporary.

Not only would it improve the lifetime of houses in Nigeria, it will also improve the value and our economy. The elite don't build houses here and instead opt for houses in central london or import builders from abroad to build on banana island. There needs to be a change

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by AsAPRocky: 11:58pm On May 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by FastShipping: 12:18am On May 30, 2015
AsAPRocky:
This house is in south africa, when can we start seeing houses like these in Nigeria: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3092888/Every-room-view-360-degree-panorama-mountain-sea-deluxe-South-African-mansion-built-landscape.html

Great pictures from you. I look at contemporary and modern architectural designs everyday and each day I wish I can show them to our architects in Nigeria. These pictures above are what I envision living in. Our architects in Nigeria are not ready to change or explore what is out there. They need to know that glass, wood, metal are part of what western architects and engineers use when designing homes. I know of a "builder"/architect in property section who doesn't know what modern or contemporary architecture all about.

Thanks for these inspiring pictures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by AsAPRocky: 2:43pm On May 30, 2015
FastShipping:

Great pictures from you. I look at contemporary and modern architectural designs everyday and each day I wish I can show them to our architects in Nigeria. These pictures above are what I envision living in. Our architects in Nigeria are not ready to change or explore what is out there. They need to know that glass, wood, metal are part of what western architects and engineers use when designing homes. I know of a "builder"/architect in property section who doesn't know what modern or contemporary architecture all about.

Thanks for these inspiring pictures.

It's sad that they're ignorant but the next step would be to get architects from sa or other african countries. I've looked at a lot of houses posted on this section and people are spending $500,000+ for a house with vomit looking tiles in the kitchen. I'm sure these other firms can put that money to good use lol

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by FastShipping: 2:49pm On May 30, 2015
AsAPRocky:

It's sad that they're ignorant but the next step would be to get architects from sa or other african countries. I've looked at a lot of houses posted on this section and people are spending $500,000+ for a house with vomit looking tiles in the kitchen. I'm sure these other firms can put that money to good use lol

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by cleric(m): 3:43pm On May 30, 2015
Following

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by FastShipping: 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by FastShipping: 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by delpee(f): 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2016
Beautiful interiors! More please. wink
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by skimanski(m): 12:34pm On May 15, 2016
What ever happened to this Thread. The Designs were really nice. Please more posting and More ways to Move Architecture Forward.
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by FastShipping: 4:37am On May 30, 2016
Anytime I feel like laughing hard, I come to this thread to look at the shrine looking home displayed by the OP. grin grin grin
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by ricki: 9:17am On May 30, 2016
good concept but how many ppl can afford fancy??

make your house, town as less desirable.... keeps the albino away.......

I like naija houses de way dey are now. pls leave as it is...... enuf said

1 Like

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by feran15(m): 11:48am On May 30, 2016
You might have a point, but these models you expect us to replicate are either computer generated or are enhanced by better lighting and other things.. sure, we need to step up our game, but we cant all.buy out things in sets.
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by n3xt(m): 3:32pm On May 30, 2016
ricki:
good concept but how many ppl can afford fancy??

make your house, town as less desirable.... keeps the albino away.......

I like naija houses de way dey are now. pls leave as it is...... enuf said

Fancy do not always come with the most expensive price tag. It's all about creativity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by brunofarad(m): 6:47am On May 31, 2016
You can find very good architects and Builders HERE in NIGERIA.
But can you be willing to pay for their service ?
That's the most important factor here.

I know very good guys here in NIGERIA.

FARAD signing IN

3 Likes

Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by DBlackCeazer(m): 7:01am On May 31, 2016
Op, I concur, o really believe we can do better with little resources when creativity is applied?
Re: Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad by akudinaobi(m): 7:05am On May 31, 2016
Am a painter and not just an ordinary painter
I put class,trending perterns and styles and a very innovative concept to my works

Its hard convincing average nigeria on interior section ,they will love to do things there own

I wiL love to atten seminars on house talks or real estate talks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This Quotation For Roofing Ok? / Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) / New 8 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Construction In Enugu City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.