Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests (9609 Views)

ISIS Plots Mass Terror In Russia Putin Says "Bring It On"! / Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says / Plane Crash In Russia, 50 Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by freshness2020: 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM:

Russia has a strong influence in the UN.
That's a big problem!
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by homeboy232(m): 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
texazzpete:

How old are you that you recklessly celebrate the denial of some of the basic freedoms that should be the bedrock of any democracy?

The West to intervene militarily in Russia? What have you been smoking?

This move is aimed primarily at stifling Opposition in a Russia where Putin's Government already controls the press and social media. It's laughable you're babbling about 'the west' when Russia is also overtly encouraging rebellion in Ukraine, as they supported in Georgia.
shut up, do u tink Putin is as dump as ur foolish leaders? U are one of those america slave making noise and talking rubbish against gaddafi, even ur dump president vote against gaddafi in favour of NATO to invade libya with no fly zone mission, i hope u are happy now with current situation in libya, egypt, syria,nw ukraine..proxy opposition protest, they are all American bloody tactics to distabilize countries..wake up and stop fooling around on western media house since 1960.

4 Likes

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by emmatok(m): 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
IRONIC, the same Nigerian chatting on NL will be arrested for doing so in Russia.
Wonder how people live in free world and celebrate tyranny of other countries.

1 Like

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by chemicstein: 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
You are fOol...you listen and believe the lies U.S and the western media tell you......Syria is close to russia and a russian ally that has always been y U.S wants to topple Al Assad's govt and set up a puppet gpvt that would be answerable to washington....then bring syria into NATO , send in troops their to continue their quest to encircle russia......who d phuck tod you putin shot dwn that plane slowpoke!!!!!! The Fascists in Kiev did!
ebdib:

Putin upholds christian faith?
My God I don't want to be a Christian then.
If Christianity means supporting a child killer in Syria
If Christianity means shooting down innocent men women and children in a plane

Jesus would be ashamed of you.
You pathetic blasphemer.
Christians like you are all over Nigeria. Destroying the country with your ill version of Christianity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by mascot87(m): 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
ebdib:

You are a compound dunce
You think this is about the west.
You think everything going on in Russia has to have a correlation to the west.

This is about the freedom of people to protest against bad laws in their country.
They're being stifled you're here praising Putin. Dunce.

Go to Russia and see if the same Putin you're praising won't dump you in a gulag for being a black man.
Nonsense.

Tomorrow now you'll queue at the embassy of America hustling for visa.

Hustling for America visa? I'm not a clown like u which is a slave & asss licker of d Americans & for ur info, I have d right to my opinion & what ever I believe in. You don't expect me to reason like u or believe what u believe in. If I get an insult for me airing my opinion for God know who u are then your "people" have failed in giving u good quality moral & educational training & u have no option than to live with it for d rest of ur miserable life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by freshness2020: 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
sarmiie:

and what can UN do??..... Remember isreal's case(still ongoing)??
This one is a case when a child has a big influence over his dad!
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by chemicstein: 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
Idiot!!! D law said mass protests and not internet communication.....and if anybody tries to use the internet to cause mass unrest in russia that peson deserve to be sent to siberia forced labour campsm.....do you know what russia mean to this world?? Without russia, the U.S and her allies will have nobody to fear again...they will be sending soldiers to every nation dat dsnt dance to their tune...by now u.s soldiers mst hav occupied nigeria and ousted jonathan for banning homosexuality ...is that what you phucking want? You slowpoke!!!!!
emmatok: IRONIC, the same Nigerian chatting on NL will be arrested for doing so in Russia.
Wonder how people live in free world and celebrate tyranny of other countries.

5 Likes

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by mascot87(m): 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
homeboy232: shut up, do u tink Putin is as dump as ur foolish leaders? U are one of those america slave making noise and talking rubbish against gaddafi, even ur dump president vote against gaddafi in favour of NATO to invade libya with no fly zone mission, i hope u are happy now with current situation in libya, egypt, syria,nw ukraine..proxy opposition protest, they are all American bloody tactics to distabilize countries..wake up and stop fooling around on western media house since 1960.

Abeg free all those kids with shallow mentality,CNN has brainwashed them & they cannot think logically again

5 Likes

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
mascot87:

Hustling for America visa? I'm not a clown like u which is a slave & asss licker of d Americans & for ur info, I have d right to my opinion & what ever I believe in. You don't expect me to reason like u or believe what u believe in. If I get an insult for me airing my opinion for God know who u are then your "people" have failed in giving u good quality moral & educational training & u have no option than to live with it for d rest of ur miserable life.

Hahahahaha
You're truly disturbed.
Go to Russia and hug Putin.
He'll throw you into Siberia faster than your head can spin.

Olodo
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by emmatok(m): 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
ebdib:

Hahahahaha
You're truly disturbed.

Olodo

Hahahahaha

Don't mind them o o o
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by rash47(m): 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
You are naive man. Putin is very right about syria....its far better that Assad cont'n to rule than for some liver eating rebels to come and impose sharia rule.
ebdib:

You pathetic blasphemer.
Christians like you are all over Nigeria. Destroying the country with your ill version of Christianity.
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by nonjebose(m): 11:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
chemicstein: Putin is the only world leader who upholds the christian faith....succesfully outlawed homosexuality in russian society against western wishes....that's why u.s and her allies are bent on destroying russia and demonizing putin through western media.....without putin's challenge towards american bullying,syria would have gone the way afganistan,libya n iraq went......Russia and China are the only reason u.s have not taken control of the entire planet and spread its satanic doctrines like homosexuality to all mankind......you should be ashamed of yourself for saying ills about putin......we are all grateful to Putin for restoring other in our planet,halting U.S bullying.iraq had always been a peaceful country under hussein till u.s toppled his govt becos he refused to be a puppet to washinghton....since the u.s invasion of iraq till now the country have not known peace, same with libya and afganistan
U.S and her allies organised and sponsored protesters to cause havoc in ukraine and oust yanukovich because he is pro-russian....this recent law putin signed is to make sure suchs acts dosent susceed in Russia
Firstly, Putin's stand against homosexuallity is commendable,but saying he upholds the christian faith is at best laughable. He has institutionalized corruption to a new height,amassing wealth for himself and his cronies. He is one of the most corrupt leaders around. He has been so iron fisted. Yanikovich was also trying to replicate corruption in Ukraine before he was removed by series of protests by HIS PEOPLE. He was removed not just because he was pro russia,but also because Ukrainians saw a Putin in the making in him

1 Like

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Underground: 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
Nigerians are truly a funny lot. I am reading comments from the hialrious, to the ridiculous, to the downtright bizarre.

How on earth is banning sustained street protest going to lead to war? Just how? War between whom and whom? How is Putin Hitler? Can someone please explain?

For those that do not understand - and there are unfortunately so many here - the geo-politics at play, please just refrain from commenting on this issue. Abeg ehn?

Putin has only pre-empted what he sees as efforts by the West to destablize his country with protests and violence that can be instigated and sponsored by Western NGOs, think-tanks and 5th elements masquerading as pro-democracy, pro-transparency, pro-open economy organizations. They have done this in the past and light of Putin, together with other world leaders successfully lauching the BRICS economic block, you can bet your ass that they will attempt to do this again. I have said it before and I will say it again: DO NOT TRUST THE WEST! All the do aren't all for altruistic or humanitarian reasons. They are mostly after their interests and Putin has posed a serious threat to the West's hegemony and control of the world's prime financial institutions, namely the IMF and the World Bank.

Isn't it so obvious to see the geo-politics at play? Russia at the moment is locked in a political and financial war wih the West. At the rate in which things are going, I do not see how a real war will be avoided sometime in the future. Has anyone heard of the Asian pivot and the ABMs being deployed in Eastern Europe which the West claims are actually protection against Iran when in reality that are for countering the tactical nuclear threat that Russia poses? Wars and World Wars have been fought for resources and economic control and I guarantee you that wars are still yet to be fought....

Look at these pictures of past pro-democracy, pro-transparency protests. You can see how the leaders of these protests and so-called NGOs filing into the US embassy in Moscow. NED, ACPC, George Soros Open Society, IRI, AEI, The Brookings Institution, Chatham House, etc.....All poison!!

Open your eyes people!

mascot87, emperorwhale,lucianohose, chemicstein, etc, twale!!!!. You guys are awake and see things as they are. Others - well, I can only hope that one day you too will see things much differently....

Images: Russia has a problem. Caught red-handed - Russia's opposition, long accused by the Kremlin of being foreign-funded, and who have well documented ties to the US State Department, are caught filing into the US Embassy in Moscow in January of 2012, just days after agitator Michael McFaul began his stint as US Ambassador to Russia.

4 Likes

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by oloworulz(m): 11:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
ebdib:

You are a compound dunce
You think this is about the west.
You think everything going on in Russia has to have a correlation to the west.

This is about the freedom of people to protest against bad laws in their country.
They're being stifled you're here praising Putin. Dunce.

Go to Russia and see if the same Putin you're praising won't dump you in a gulag for being a black man.
Nonsense.

Tomorrow now you'll queue at the embassy of America hustling for visa.
are u talking about the freedom the Libyans fought for? Are they now enjoying the freedom now? You still don't understand that the west are biased..... U re a small boy.... U dont think straight

3 Likes

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Underground: 11:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
More on why Russia has taken this step as seemingly autocratic and anti-democratic it may be. I expect a torrent of demonization from Western media over the next few days. Unfortunately alot of people will buy Washington's propaganda

http://landdestroyer..com/2012/07/us-agents-of-subversion-deride-russian.html

http://landdestroyer..com/2012/08/bombshell-us-neo-cons-state-department.html

http://landdestroyer..com/2012/08/russian-punkers-get-2-years-jail-for-us.html

1 Like

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by emmatok(m): 11:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
Underground: Nigerians are truly a funny lot. I am reading comments from the hialrious, to the ridiculous, to the downtright bizarre.

How on earth is banning sustained street protest going to lead to war? Just how? War between whom and whom? How is Putin Hitler? Can someone please explain?

For those that do not understand - and there are unfortunately so many here - the geo-politics at play, please just refrain from commenting on this issue. Abeg ehn?

Putin has only pre-empted what he sees as efforts by the West to destablize his country with protests and violence that can be instigated and sponsored by Western NGOs, think-tanks and 5th elements masquerading as pro-democracy, pro-transparency, pro-open economy organizations. They have done this in the past and light of Putin, together with other world leaders successfully lauching the BRICS economic block, you can bet your ass that they will attempt to do this again. I have said it before and I will say it again: DO NOT TRUST THE WEST! All the do aren't all for altruistic or humanitarian reasons. They are mostly after their interests and Putin has posed a serious threat to the West's hegemony and control of the world's prime financial institutions, namely the IMF and the World Bank.

Isn't it so obvious to see the geo-politics at play? Russia at the moment is locked in a political and financial war wih the West. At the rate in which things are going, I do not see how a real war will be avoided sometime in the future. Has anyone heard of the Asian pivot and the ABMs being deployed in Eastern Europe which the West claims are actually protection against Iran when in reality that are for countering the tactical nuclear threat that Russia poses? Wars and World Wars have been fought for resources and economic control and I guarantee you that wars are still yet to be fought....

Look at these pictures of past pro-democracy, pro-transparency protests. You can see how the leaders of these protests and so-called NGOs filing into the US embassy in Moscow. NED, ACPC, George Soros Open Society, IRI, AEI, The Brookings Institution, Chatham House, etc.....All poison!!

Open you eyes people!

mascot87, emperorwhale,lucianohose, chemicstein, etc, twale!!!!. You guys are awake and see things as they are. Others - well, I can only hope that one day you too will see things much differently....

Images: Russia has a problem. Caught red-handed - Russia's opposition, long accused by the Kremlin of being foreign-funded, and who have well documented ties to the US State Department, are caught filing into the US Embassy in Moscow in January of 2012, just days after agitator Michael McFaul began his stint as US Ambassador to Russia.

We all know it is geopolitics.
But it is not only the west that should not the trusted.

All dominating world power should not be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by oloworulz(m): 11:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
ebdib:

You pathetic blasphemer.
u ve been brainwashed..... Cant u think urself..... Are u a. Illiterate? Y base ur conclusions on western headline news

2 Likes

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Underground: 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
emmatok:
We all know it is geopolitics.
But it is not only the west that should not the trusted.

All dominating world power should not be trusted.

You are absolutely correct emmatok. I like the angle at which you have viewed this.

Should the Chinese or the Russians become world powers, do not trust them either... Power corrupts and you can expect that the same manner in which the US has gone about its hegemonic ambitions will be repeated by China and Russia. Subjugating and subverting non-compliant governments to their will..... We as Africans have to wake up and realize that we ourselves are our only hope. All these looking up to America or trusting in them oyinbos is folly - totally folly....
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Underground: 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
And as usual any heated debate on geo-politics between East and West, Muslim and Christian, etc descends into virulent attacks and spiteful. vile language.

My oga thoth, your thoughts please. Where you?
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
If not for Russia .....

Seriously, you need to see the way US are accusing Putin, and since America will know, Russia ask them bring pictures. Because they brought satelight videos of how Ukraine jet were around MH17

#TeamRussia #TeamGEJ #TeamIsrael #TeamO.B.O and mayb #TeamChina
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
oloworulz: u ve been brainwashed..... Cant u think urself..... Are u a. Illiterate? Y base ur conclusions on western headline news

Hahahaha.
Someone saying another person is illiterate just typed 'are you a illiterate'
Nairaland is too funny man.
Kai.
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by fr3do(m): 11:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
ebdib:

Hahahahaha
You're truly disturbed.

Olodo

Who is hugging who?
Your enemy's enemy isn't necessarily your friend.
Things are not in black and white.
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
fr3do:

Who is hugging who?
Your enemy's enemy isn't necessarily your friend.
Things are not in black and white.

What's this one saying?
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by fr3do(m): 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
smackimorn: If not for Russia .....

Seriously, you need to see the way US are accusing Putin, and since America will know, Russia ask them bring pictures. Because they brought satelight videos of how Ukraine jet were around MH17

#TeamRussia #TeamGEJ #TeamIsrael #TeamO.B.O and mayb #TeamChina

What are you teaming Israel for?
Those bloody Jews!
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by fr3do(m): 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
ebdib:

What's this one saying?

The guy you quoted apparently seems to love putin, because Putin is giving america, his percieved enemy a hard time.
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
fr3do:

The guy you quoted apparently seems to love putin, because Putin is giving america, his percieved enemy a hard time.

Don't mind the deluded goat
I find this Putin love very hypocritical.
The man hates black people with passion yet they're all over nairaland praising him

The america they hate doesn't even send them

1 Like

Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
freshness2020: Modern slavery!
Is UN sleeping!
Gobe who is UN? Russia is UNtongue BTW YOU DON'T MESS WITH A MAJOR POWER.
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by freshness2020: 12:00am On Jul 24, 2014
Nobleval: Gobe who is UN? Russia is UNtongue BTW YOU DON'T MESS WITH A MAJOR POWER.
I see! So what's the essence of UN, if they are not up to what is expected from them.
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 24, 2014
freshness2020:
I see! So what's the essence of UN, if they are not up to what is expected from them.
bro China,Us,Russia,France and Britain has a say in what goes in the UN. Each has a veto power. Just like the US bully countries with impunity,so does Russia do...albeit on a minimum scale. How do you expect the UN to intervene in Russia's internal affairs? Thats absurd.
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by hollypagan: 12:20am On Jul 24, 2014
this is pure Russian way
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by johnsonautio: 3:01am On Jul 24, 2014
my ex-boyfriend dumped me 8 months ago after I caught him of having an affair with someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don't know what to do, so I visited the INTERNET for help and I saw a testimony on how a spell caster help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problems to him.. he cast a spell for me and assure me of 24hr that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my peter came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you Dr Trust spell, you are truly talented and gifted contact his email: doctorbalaya@gmail.com
Re: Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests by amanikondo: 3:13am On Jul 24, 2014
mascot87: Good move by Putin, he has a foresight of d possibility of the West instigating Russians against it's government which if not handled properly could prompt d Russian government to take up arms against it's own people heating up more the polity & giving d West a reason to interven through wanting to oust d government militarily. He knows quite well the angle through which d West could get him & he must be very careful to ensure that the game is played to his own favor & not against him.

You lack knowledge. How can the West instigate protest in Russia? They only did in Ukraine to bring Ukraine to the EU so that they can enclose Russia. That is why Russia took Crimea because that is the only access they have to warm waters. Go face your work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FGM: Gambian Lawmakers May Unban Female Circumcision / What Are The Lessons From Egypt? / Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.