Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. (1672 Views)

That Was How I Got The Offer.. Super Thanks To All Nairalanders / People You Should Never Ask For Reference And Why. / Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. by egotalkz: 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2014
It amazing the rate at which employees complain about their bosses after they start working, to some their experience is positive while some are terribly negative so it is important that you run a reference check on your potential boss before you accept the offer. During interview for a new job, most of us are pretty good about analyzing the responsibilities, the company culture, the growth opportunities, the commute and so on. But I've noticed there's one thing that many people tend to gloss over: who, exactly, we'd be reporting to in the position.
And while maybe your boss isn't the most important factor in whether or not to sign on for a new gig, I'd argue that it's pretty darn high up on the list. If you've ever had a great boss (or a bad one), you know the impact that person has on your promotion prospects, your assignments, and your day-to-day happiness....read more.http://egotalkz..com/2014/07/before-you-accept-offer-run-reference.html

Re: Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. by Anoneism(m): 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
This is really necessary considering how some boss do make office hours hellish for their staffs. The annoying thing is that some of them don't even possess your qualification, yet they keep bossing you around like a nobody.
Re: Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. by inibro(m): 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
So after hustling round nd God finally blesses you with a job you'll reject it on the altar that your Boss is mean?

Make the Boss be Hitler nd Putin combined, I'll collect the job. We'll have to work a way round his personality.

The hustle is real and street is not smiling.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 24, 2014
inibro: So after hustling round nd God finally blesses you with a job you'll reject it on the altar that your Boss is mean?

Make the Boss be Hitler nd Putin combined, I'll collect the job. We'll have to work a way round his personality.

Dont mind the op. Let him tell dis to the millions of unemployed graduates who have been searching for jobs for 3 to 4 years face-to-face and he'll receive a dirty slap.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. by Hussyk: 9:38am On Jul 24, 2014
i tink he's referring to experienced jobs sha.......
Re: Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. by Anoneism(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2014
inibro: So after hustling round nd God finally blesses you with a job you'll reject it on the altar that your Boss is mean?

You sound as if you have never worked under a 'semi-mean' boss let alone a 'super-mean' boss. Imagine working under someone who deduct your salary over any slightest mistake even if He's the cause. Imagine working for 35,000 but at the end of the month Your boss pay you 15-18,000 all in the name of what he calls deduction.
Imagine working under someone who keeps raining insult and negative remarks on you every now and then.
Imagine working under a boss who gets angry just because you appear too neat and clean and as such accuses you of theft.
My guy, the list goes on and on. The fact that there is unemployment every doesn't mean I should tie myself down under someone who is mean to me and doesn't have a single value for me. This is because such an environment won't aide my confidence nor will it gives me the urge to excelled.
To me, the environment and the people I work with matters a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. by bizngr(f): 11:11am On Jul 24, 2014
Anoneism:
You sound as if you have never worked under a 'semi-mean' boss let alone a 'super-mean' boss. Imagine working under someone who deduct your salary over any slightest mistake even if He's the cause. Imagine working for 35,000 but at the end of the month Your boss pay you 15-18,000 all in the name of what he calls deduction.
Imagine working under someone who keeps raining insult and negative remarks on you every now and then.
Imagine working under a boss who gets angry just because you appear too neat and clean and as such accuses you of theft.
My guy, the list goes on and on. The fact that there is unemployment every doesn't mean I should tie myself down under someone who is mean to me and doesn't have a single value for me. This is because such an environment won't aide my confidence nor will it gives me the urge to excelled.
To me, the environment and the people I work with matters a lot.

You may have a "realistic" explanation to this problem but the bolded sentence below is where he beat you because you only chose to see the cup as half empty.

That's the spirit. Keep it up. I think you'll fare well in management and human relations role.

1 Like

Re: Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. by Luloves: 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
You know there are some people you cant work around their personality cos u'll remain miserable cos u see urself bearing ur boss and then u eventually let it all out someday. Anyways I am wholly for the reference check cos I wrk for Someone who up until this very moment paid half of June salary 2 days ago claiming that projects were not completed when the season we are is not even favourably for building.
A happy employee is one who will be productive.

1 Like

Re: Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. by VeeBabs(m): 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
inibro:
So after hustling round nd God finally blesses you with a job you'll reject it on the altar that your Boss is mean?

And how is Putin a mean or bad person? For defending his country's interests against people who want to have their way with bullying other nations? Hmmm.

(1) (Reply)

Tlink Invite! Who Else Got This? / Steps To Get A Good Job In The Oil And Gas In 2016 / Coollink Recruitment.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.