Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? (2399 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by zboyd: 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
What do you do when an in-law makes s*xual passes at you?

Some unfortunate daughters/sons in-law find themselves in the uncomfortable position of fending off amorous in-laws. They feel confused, trapped and uncertain, as to how to handle the situation.

Should they continue to ignore/avoid their in-law's advances, tell their spouses and risk an all-out family war or, keep quiet, in the hopes the offending in-law will eventually lose interest in them and move on?

What if no one, including their spouses, believe them?

What would YOU do?
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by bennyrazz: 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
in laws making sexual passes are wicked because overcoming those type of passes would be very difficult especially if the in law is very hot
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
How does thé person presents himself to the inlaws? émbarass the inlaw(s) nexttym
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 24, 2014
meetmonde: How does thé person presents himself to the inlaws? émbarass the inlaw(s) nexttym
yeah right dressing seductively like this mad skank wink

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 8:59am On Jul 24, 2014
I will first give the in-law the warning of his life. If no changes after that, i will set him up.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by pickabeau1: 9:03am On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: I will first give the in-law the warning of his life. If no changes after that, i will set him up.

How will you treat his fockup

Set him with incriminating pics of you and him? tongue tongue tongue grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 24, 2014
What to do is to completely avoid the in-law.

If you live in their house, you should try and move out as quickly as possible. Like move out fast.

If you see them occasionally, then make sure you are never alone with that in law whenever he/she is around. Just try and always be in the midst of other people and lets see how they can make their offensive approach.

Lastly, please ensure you are not just making things up.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2014
pickabeau1:

How will you treat his fockup

Set him with incriminating pics of you and him? tongue tongue tongue grin
pictures of me and him ke? never never. that one can backfire o. I will definitely find a way out. The set up is just a back up in case hubby wants to doubt the authenticity of my claims meanwhile i would have informed hubby that something important is going on in our house that i will like him to know..... There must surely be a way out. but no pictures of me and him. NO NO NO.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by pickabeau1: 10:16am On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: pictures of me and him ke? never never. that one can backfire o. I will definitely find a way out. The set up is just a back up in case hubby wants to doubt the authenticity of my claims meanwhile i would have informed hubby that something important is going on in our house that i will like him to know..... There must surely be a way out. but no pictures of me and him. NO NO NO.

grin grin grin grin.. i know that was not possible.. just messing with u

What particular measures will you use.. what if hubby no believe?
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 10:27am On Jul 24, 2014
pickabeau1:

grin grin grin grin.. i know that was not possible.. just messing with u

What particular measures will you use.. what if hubby no believe?
I dunno o. Maybe i will get our conversation recorded on phone and then get some guys to help naked him, i pack his clothes and then lock him up in our matrimonial room. I then call hubby and and give him the key to the room to open by himself. If in-law tries to defend himself, the recorded conversation will come handy. I guess he will also have to explain what he is doing in our room naked.

Don't mind me o. I no get that kind mind. I will just report him to hubby and also avoid him as much as i can.
If he doesn't live with us, then i won't be opening the door for him whenever he comes visiting and hubby is not at home. Before one useless man will come and rape me. And i will also keep my children away from him before he will transfer the harassment to them. And when he comes visiting when hubby is around, the way i will attend to him, hubby sef will know that something is not right.

Are you Male or Female??
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by pickabeau1: 10:56am On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: I dunno o. Maybe i will get our conversation recorded on phone and then get some guys to help naked him, i pack his clothes and then lock him up in our matrimonial room. I then call hubby and and give him the key to the room to open by himself. If in-law tries to defend himself, the recorded conversation will come handy. I guess he will also have to explain what he is doing in our room naked.

Don't mind me o. I no get that kind mind. I will just report him to hubby and also avoid him as much as i can.
If he doesn't live with us, then i won't be opening the door for him whenever he comes visiting and hubby is not at home. Before one useless man will come and rape me. And i will also keep my children away from him before he will transfer the harassment to them. And when he comes visiting when hubby is around, the way i will attend to him, hubby sef will know that something is not right.

Are you Male or Female??

Thats a practical measure... using a recorder
The guys own can backfire.. make sure u use your brodas ooo...
I agree with your second statement.. avoidance is best
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2014
pickabeau1:

Thats a practical measure... using a recorder
The guys own can backfire.. make sure u use your brodas ooo...
I agree with your second statement.. avoidance is best
I won't want to use strangers now. They can turn around and stab me in the back. yes my brothers. I will just invite them without anyone's knowledge and once they are through, they will all disappear and we will all rehearse what to say when hubby calls any of them. we are going to create a VERY STRONG alibi. grin grin
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by pickabeau1: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: I won't want to use strangers now. They can turn around and stab me in the back. yes my brothers. I will just invite them without anyones knowledge and once they are through, they will all disappear and we will all rehearse what to say when hubby calls any of them. we are going to create a VERY STRONG alibi. grin grin

You sef na dagbo u be.. u are not soft meat grin wink
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 11:07am On Jul 24, 2014
pickabeau1:

You sef na dagbo u be.. u are not soft meat grin wink
By the time we are through, the in-law won't know what hit him. mtscheeeeeew. He wants to chop what his brother is chopping. OLE
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by pickabeau1: 11:07am On Jul 24, 2014
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by beeevan: 11:07am On Jul 24, 2014
I ll tell my husband immediately and he will believe. I can't afford to be boxed into such nasty corners,too old for that shi*t.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by marbee(f): 11:09am On Jul 24, 2014
Be very careful around him or anything concerning him.Avoid that in law like fly, or warn him seriously he will get the message.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by beeevan: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: I won't want to use strangers now. They can turn around and stab me in the back. yes my brothers. I will just invite them without anyone's knowledge and once they are through, they will all disappear and we will all rehearse what to say when hubby calls any of them. we are going to create a VERY STRONG alibi. grin grin

The stress don dey too much nah grin
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2014
beeevan: I ll tell my husband immediately and he will believe. I can't afford to be boxed into such nasty corners,too old for that shi*t.
Hubby will believe me if i tell him. Just answered according to the Op's question.
zboyd: What do you do when an in-law makes s*xual passes at you?
Some unfortunate daughters/sons in-law find themselves in the uncomfortable position of fending off amorous in-laws. They feel confused, trapped and uncertain, as to how to handle the situation.
Should they continue to ignore/avoid their in-law's advances, tell their spouses and risk an all-out family war or, keep quiet, in the hopes the offending in-law will eventually lose interest in them and move on?
What if no one, including their spouses, believe them?
What would YOU do?
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 11:12am On Jul 24, 2014
beeevan:

The stress don dey too much nah grin
No stress at all. All will have been put in place before we start shooting the film which won't even last more than some few minutes. Just some minutes phone calls and that's all... cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by marbee(f): 11:12am On Jul 24, 2014
beeevan: I ll tell my husband immediately and he will believe. I can't afford to be boxed into such nasty corners,too old for that shi*t.

Seconded, she should tell the husband in case he wants to try anything fishy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 11:13am On Jul 24, 2014
kulyie: yeah right dressing seductively like this mad skank wink

Is that lady in the picture for real?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by beeevan: 11:15am On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: Not too much stress. All will have been put in place before we start shooting the film which won't even last more than some few minutes. Just some minutes phone calls and that's all... cheesy cheesy

Just telling will save all these stress, but it seems you have a taste for the dramatic cheesy
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 11:17am On Jul 24, 2014
beeevan:

Just telling will save all these stress, but it seems you have a taste for the dramatic cheesy
I know telling will save all the stress. I am just answering OP's question.

You know like when you are asked to write an essay about your dog in English exam and you don't have a dog. I am sure you won't write there that ''I don't have a dog'' abi?? grin grin
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by beeevan: 11:18am On Jul 24, 2014
If my spouse doesn't believe and the offender doesn't live with us, who cares? if he does , my spouse doesn't believe and I feel endangered , once I tell my dad church go close cheesy.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by beeevan: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: I know telling will save all the stress. I am just answering OP's question.

You know like when you are asked to write an essay about your dog in English exam and you don't have a dog. I am sure you won't write there that ''I don't have a dog'' abi?? grin grin

Yeah right, Gotcha! wink
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2014
beeevan: If my spouse doesn't believe and the offender doesn't live with us, who cares? if he does , my spouse doesn't believe and I feel endangered , once I tell my dad church go close cheesy.
When i was a teenager, i once had the experience with an uncle-in-law. He was married to my aunty (my dad's youngest sister). When the man started all the nonsense, i just called my mum and dad and told them straight. wetin concern me then? But thank God my parent handled it maturely but na serious matter o.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by beeevan: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: When i was a teenager, i once had the experience with an uncle-in-law. He was married to my aunty (my dad's youngest sister). When the man started all the nonsense, i just called my mum and dad and told them straight. wetin concern me then? But thank God my parent handled it maturely but na serious matter o.

You really did well, most people will be too scared to speak up, did your aunty get to know?
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
I will give a stern warning and avoid him. If he persists, will get proof and let my parents know about it. But i trust that my stern warning is enough to kill whatever vibes he is creating.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
beeevan:

You really did well, most people will be too scared to speak up, did your aunty get to know?
I think she got to know but not through my parents sha./It seems my dad reported him to one of my uncles(my dad's immediate younger brother). He said it is just for the record. SO it now happened that this same uncle-in-law now came to our house the next Xmas eve to come take my younger ones(all girls) to spend Xmas with them and my parents refused him without giving any reason. So maybe my aunty tried reporting my dad to that my uncle and that one(not nice at all) now told her that oh so she wants her husband to give all of us belle abi? and that was it. I think she just got the message.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by 5minsmadness: 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ignored it. She got the message and stopped.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by beeevan: 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: I think she got to know but not through my parents sha./It seems my dad reported him to one of my uncles(my dad's immediate younger brother). He said it is just for the record. SO it now happened that this same uncle-in-law now came to our house the next Xmas eve to come take my younger ones(all girls) to spend Xmas with them and my parents refused him without giving any reason. So maybe my aunty tried reporting my dad to that my uncle and that one(not nice at all) now told her that oh so he wants her husband to give all of us belle abi? and that was it. I think she just got the message.

Your parents should have spoke up,why do Africans prefer to hide atrocious things and let it fester?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Planning A Wedding On A Budget / Giant Aluminum Pot Popularly Called Koko Irin / Wife Begs Husband To Accept Baby After She Was Impregnated By Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.