Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? (2405 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by beeevan: 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength the reason why the sexually abused doesn't speak up is that the offender usually go free, they will claim it was treated as family matter.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by zeb04(f): 1:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
beeevan: If my spouse doesn't believe and the offender doesn't live with us, who cares? if he does , my spouse doesn't believe and I feel endangered , once I tell my dad church go close cheesy.
lol that's right,It is the next thing to do if hubby dosnt believe. Dad is almost like second hubby.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by apolonius(m): 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
The right thing to do is to immediately report him or her. Every other 'I will avoid' or 'I go set am up' will backfire somehow.Why?Well,such a person won't back out and will look for ways to get at you.

Just report the person.It is not just the right thing to do,it what loyalty and trust demand.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by 5minsmadness: 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
apolonius: The right thing to do is to immediately report him or her. Every other 'I will avoid' or 'I go set am up' will backfire somehow.Why?Well,such a person won't back out and will look for ways to get at you.

Just report the person.It is not just the right thing to do,it what loyalty and trust demand.
In my experience most people that report such cases without hard evidence have the case turned back on them. Its a family member you are reporting not a stranger! The impulse is to believe the person you have known all your life instead of the new member of the family.
I think its better to discreetly report yo someone you are close to and trust, and then either avoid or seek concrete evidence first.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by apolonius(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
5minsmadness:
In my experience most people that report such cases without hard evidence have the case turned back on them. Its a family member you are reporting not a stranger! The impulse is to believe the person you have known all your life instead of the new member of the family.
I think its better to discreetly report yo someone you are close to and trust, and then either avoid or seek concrete evidence first.

Personally, I will prefer an immediate report than my wife or daughter doing any other thing which I will react to in clear and unforgettable ways.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
beeevan:

Your parents should have spoke up,why do Africans prefer to hide atrocious things and let it fester?
I don't know why o. But my dad told my uncle who later told my aunty and her husband. But what should they have even done? Like call a family meeting or talk to the in-law himself?
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
apolonius: The right thing to do is to immediately report him or her. Every other 'I will avoid' or 'I go set am up' will backfire somehow.Why?Well,such a person won't back out and will look for ways to get at you.

Godmystrength: I know telling will save all the stress. I am just answering OP's question.
You know like when you are asked to write an essay about your dog in English exam and you don't have a dog. I am sure you won't write there that ''I don't have a dog'' abi?? grin grin
Which ever way you decide to address it, it won't stop a devilish in-law from looking for ways to get at you. If after reporting and hubby doesn't believe, then evidence is needed. All the dramatic stuff is when hubby doesn't still believe after reporting. If hubby believes you then no need to go extra mile of getting evidence.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Kanwulia: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
I REPORTED THEM TO THEIR WIVES IMMEDIATELY!!!!!
Right in front of them!!!! kiss
I don't play dat! kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by beeevan: 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: I don't know why o. But my dad told my uncle who later told my aunty and her husband. But what should they have even done? Like call a family meeting or talk to the in-law himself?

My dear.... the embarrassment on his face would have been priceless if they summoned him grin.
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
beeevan: My dear.... the embarrassment on his face would have been priceless if they summoned him grin.
grin grin That is like death sentence o

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: Is that lady in the picture for real?? shocked shocked shocked
yes
Re: How Do You Handle S*xual Harassment By Your In-laws? by Godmystrength: 6:08am On Jul 25, 2014
kulyie: yes
diaris God o

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does A Man Do Alone In A House For Days / Marrying A Deaf And Dumb Girl,will Our Kids Be Deaf And Dumb Too? / Picture : See What This Woman Tatooed On Her Belle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.