Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos (33234 Views)

Which Is The Tallest Building In Lagos? / Checkout The Tallest Building In Nigeria{pictures And Record Details} / Eko Atlantic: Champagne Pearl Tower - 30 Floors & Black Pearl Tower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by EkoIle1: 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGJy3TURTHg

ramzi towers by SPARK architects rise above lagos

Eko o ni baje o..

2 Likes

Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mowe is calling some people and they keep saying no, elerangbe is calling some people they keep saying no
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by Goldenboy007(m): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
EkoIle1: The investor and owner of this project is Athena Capital and in the Above picture is one of their projects and it's in Abuja?

So, tell us how they've plundered Abuja apart from their investment and the jobs they created for your fellow Nigerians?

So, tell us how it's OK for the same company to invest in Abuja, but must not in Lagos?

You can't do and self defeatist people come up with the most shallow, ignorant and dumbest nonsense I swear,...

Your masters steal money and come back under one cock and bull foreign company name to embark on white elephant projects ! When we had true leaders in Lagos like Jakande and co we had low cost housing Estates built all around Lagos in which your peasant fathers and grandfathers were beneficiaries when they first arrived in Lagos! Tell me something, which of your kins can afford any of the structures you have shown us now? Lie make I woz you slap! - sorry I am not insulting you o - the truth be told ! You sold Lagosian into slavery under draconian contracts in the name of private investments and when you guys will pack your political bags and go Lagosians would have inherited debts their next 2 generations can't pay off! !! You are throwing the word "poor" all around, are you rich? Please don't allow me to transfer my aggression on your person o!
When you come to a public forum, keep an open mind and argue with critics intelligently, don't waive other peoples opinion away as if you are god of wisdom! Lagos citizens are more of stakeholders than you guys will ever be and they have a right to have a say in how you desecrate their lands with stolen money!
Don't mistake me for a PDP campaigner o, I love Fashola o but don't come here and sell us duds!
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by EkoIle1: 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Goldenboy007:

Your masters steal money and come back under one cock and bull foreign company name to embark on white elephant projects ! When we had true leaders in Lagos like Jakande and co we had low cost housing Estates built all around Lagos in which your peasant fathers and grandfathers were beneficiaries when they first arrived in Lagos! Tell me something, which of your kins can afford any of the structures you have shown us now? Lie make I woz you slap! - sorry I am not insulting you o - the truth be told ! You sold Lagosian into slavery under draconian contracts in the name of private investments and when you guys will pack your political bags and go Lagosians would have inherited debts their next 2 generations can't pay off! !! You are throwing the word "poor" all around, are you rich? Please don't allow me to transfer my aggression on your person o!
When you come to a public forum, keep an open mind and argue with critics intelligently, don't waive other peoples opinion away as if you are god of wisdom! Lagos citizens are more of stakeholders than you guys will ever be and they have a right to have a say in how you desecrate their lands with stolen money!
Don't mistake me for a PDP campaigner o, I love Fashola o but don't come here and sell us duds!

Please tell us what the Lagos state gov should have done regarding this investment and the jobs it brings.

When you are against something, you should be able to say why and also offer alternatives and solutions.

1 Like

Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by remedy01(m): 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
Contact me for agency and rentals!
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by abdulwastecx(m): 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
Goldenboy007:

we operate a capitalist economy, if any legitimates investor comes in with money and decide to invest as a govt u can't stop them, rather u support them and attracts more to your state, irrespective of where they get their money from.

if you must create job, wealth creation, poverty reduction and technology transfer then u need more private investment. countries in East Asian ( south Korea, taiwa and singapore) were able to transform in a major industrial nation by opening up their country for both domest and foreign investors

Jankode's era was in the 80s, over the year the population of Lagos has exploded, in other to keep up with the population you need high rise building for both residential and commercial activities, this project is what is needed in lagos

finally, Lagos is not a place for peasant farmers, to be a Lagos resident you must have the dynamism of first world society i.e. have basic education, job, be ready to pay tax and always aim very high
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by Revolva(m): 11:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
Nice development but how will this put food on the table of the pple livin in this wonderful city
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by Goldenboy007(m): 2:05am On Jul 25, 2014
EkoIle1:

Please tell us what the Lagos state gov should have done regarding this investment and the jobs it brings.

When you are against something, you should be able to say why and also offer alternatives and solutions.

Hmmmmm, How did my first sentence on this topic start? Peacefully !!! Go back and read it. You crossed that threshold of rational argument when you said there was no sense in what I said. However as your recent reply contains no derogatory remarks, I will give you that same respect. Lets just leave it at that.
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:10am On Jul 25, 2014
Revolva: Nice development but how will this put food on the table of the pple livin in this wonderful city

Same way you put food on your table and that's if you have a job.

This 18 floor world class building is not going to build itself or run and manage itself when completed. Nigerians like you are going to be the plumbers, electricians, engineers, advertisers, accountants, lawyers, vendors, caterers, landscapers and so on.

This is how they put food on their table, they work, they get paid, they buy food with their paychecks, they pay their rent, taxes and become productive members of the society.

Investments create jobs and jobs means you are able to feed yourself and take care of your family.

This is pretty much a basic concept.
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:23am On Jul 25, 2014
Goldenboy007:

Hmmmmm, How did my first sentence on this topic start? Peacefully !!! Go back and read it. You crossed that threshold of rational argument when you said there was no sense in what I said. However as your recent reply contains no derogatory remarks, I will give you that same respect. Lets just leave it at that.

You keep going on and on about irrelevant nonsense about our leaders stealing money and my pay masters which has nothing to do with the topic.

So, in my last post, I ignored your irrelevant rant and asked you specifically ti tell us why you are against the project and also to tell us what the Lagos state government should have done regarding this investment.

I said you made no sense because you can not in one breath say you are for the poor and you care for the poor while in another breath remain against investments that create jobs and opportunities for the same poor people? That didn't make any sense.

You also suggested that this project should have been sited in Agege, Abesan or Ipaja? But are the people in agege, ipaja and abesan asking for luxury high rise buildings? Are these communities their target market? Are these communities zone for such high rise building and activities?

Again,that made no sense?

I don't need your respect, just debate intelligently and tell us specifically why you are against this project and what the state government should have done.

Please tell us what the government should have done or basically your own idea and solution.

1 Like

Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:30am On Jul 25, 2014
which of your kins can afford any of the structures you have shown us now?

This is one of your senseless quotes.

Should the Lagos state government have denied Sheraton, Raddison, Hilton, Four seasons, Intercontinental because my family can not afford any of them?

You mean only investments every poor man in Nigeria can afford should be allowed?

Why do you think my family is even interested in Luxury apartments or care to live in them?

You see how senseless you sound?
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:35am On Jul 25, 2014
abdulwastecx:

we operate a capitalist economy, if any legitimates investor comes in with money and decide to invest as a govt u can't stop them, rather u support them and attracts more to your state, irrespective of where they get their money from.

if you must create job, wealth creation, poverty reduction and technology transfer then u need more private investment. countries in East Asian ( south Korea, taiwa and singapore) were able to transform in a major industrial nation by opening up their country for both domest and foreign investors

Jankode's era was in the 80s, over the year the population of Lagos has exploded, in other to keep up with the population you need high rise building for both residential and commercial activities, this project is what is needed in lagos

finally, Lagos is not a place for peasant farmers, to be a Lagos resident you must have the dynamism of first world society i.e. have basic education, job, be ready to pay tax and always aim very high

Maybe the price of Garri, land, labor, building materials, naira to dollar is still the same like over 30 years ago when Jakande was the governor.

The crazy and insane things I read on NL sometimes makes me cringe and feel sorry for this country and the unintelligent so called leaders of tomorrow....
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by Goldenboy007(m): 2:58am On Jul 25, 2014
abdulwastecx:

We operate a quasi-capitalist economy because most crucial industrial sectors are still under government control e.g Refineries and their attempts at privatizing had been plagued with problems

Now let me give you this analogy, Lets evaluate the Telecommunication Industry. Once upon a time what we had was NITEL and you can remember what telecommunication was then, in fact a minister said publicly that owning a phone should be an exclusive of the rich and not for everybody. However the FG brought in private Investors - Impacts of the Telecommunication Investment
1, The common man had assess to phones and communication platforms breaking the old popular jinx that some infrastructures are only meant for the rich man.
2, Creation of jobs etc.
3, Creation of tax revenue.

This investment met all your criteria while still building an infrastructure accessible to the common man

These are the kind of investment we need to meets the need of all. There are still lots of infrastructural deficiencies that can be met rather than building castles in the air. Like the Telecommunication investment, bring in investors to build relevant infrastructures. Health Sector is a disaster, Housing is a huge problem, Stable electricity is a dream. What happened to the sand_filled land that Lagos Government spent billions of tax payers money on? Are they not in dispute now?

We need to set our priorities right, It is this infrastructural neglect that bred terrorist groups like Boko Haram and some Ethnic militants. We concentrated development in Abuja while some parts of the North had never seen electricity or pipe born water, there goes your idea of investment. Tell me how many Investors the North is attracting now?

I rest my case here

1 Like

Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:06am On Jul 25, 2014
Goldenboy007:

We operate a quasi-capitalist economy because most crucial industrial sectors are still under government control e.g Refineries and their attempts at privatizing had been plagued with problems

We are talking about private investments in Lagos state, not federal or government controlled entities. Stay focused.

Now let me give you this analogy, Lets evaluate the Telecommunication Industry. Once upon a time what we had was NITEL and you can remember what telecommunication was then, in fact a minister said publicly that owning a phone should be an exclusive of the rich and not for everybody. However the FG brought in private Investors - Impacts of the Telecommunication Investment
1, The common man had assess to phones and communication platforms breaking the old popular jinx that some infrastructures are only meant for the rich man.
2, Creation of jobs etc.
3, Creation of tax revenue.

This investment met all your criteria while still building an infrastructure accessible to the common man

These are the kind of investment we need to meets the need of all. There are still lots of infrastructural deficiencies that can be met rather than building castles in the air. Like the Telecommunication investment, bring in investors to build relevant infrastructures. Health Sector is a disaster, Housing is a huge problem, Stable electricity is a dream. What happened to the sand_filled land that Lagos Government spent billions of tax payers money on? Are they not in dispute now?

There are different categories of investments and the fact that people can afford to buy cell phones doesn't mean investments shouldn't be done in other areas of the economy.. Fingers are not equal. Cut your coat according to your size.

What about all the luxury car dealerships? Should the government shut them down or not allow any kind of investments in dealerships that sells Mercedes, BMW, Rolls, Lamborghini because the poor man can not afford them? Again, very senseless and meaningless..

The fact that your health sector or any sector is not perfect doesn't mean there shouldn't be private investments to boost the economy especially job creating investments. Where do you think the state get money for health care from? Is it not from taxes on investments and payroll tax??

Again, you are not making any sense.

We need to set our priorities right, It is this infrastructural neglect that bred terrorist groups like Boko Haram and some Ethnic militants. We concentrated development in Abuja while some parts of the North had never seen electricity or pipe born water, there goes your idea of investment. Tell me how many Investors the North is attracting now?

What's Abuja, FG and Boko Haram got to do with private investments in Lagos state? Or Lagos state should start turning away investments and instead direct them to Borno state?

You really do reason like a 2 year old for real.

I rest my case here

You have no case, you just spewed meaningless and senseless garbage...
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by continentalceo(m): 8:11am On Jul 25, 2014
veraponpo: Whao!

This is why I love Lagos. It is the only place where good news comes from in Nigeria.

Everything is always developmental.

PDP will never win Lagos State in Jesus name.

Must everything be political? Common!
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by abdulwastecx(m): 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
EkoIle1:

Maybe the price of Garri, land, labor, building materials, naira to dollar is still the same like over 30 years ago when Jakande was the governor.

The crazy and insane things I read on NL sometimes makes me cringe and feel sorry for this country and the unintelligent so called leaders of tomorrow....

sir, I dont really know what you are trting to say.
first, I am not an economists but know about inflation and know that fiscal policy is a responsibility of the federal gov't, even in America price of food, land, labour and fuel 34year's ago is not thesame now.

high rise building can be more economical in city like lagos where the population density is very high and where cost of land is very high, so project like this is needed to house the large population of lagos.
Re: Tallest Residential Sprayed Concrete Tower To Be Built In Lagos by pmil(m): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
Long hmm...
Firefire: Edited•

DECEIT 401

Where is the promised 4th mainland bridge

Where is Epe Airport

Dreams full of propaganda

After LAG will deny investing in the project once it fails.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property / Can You Buy A House With A Grave? / Collapsed Building In Lagos: List Of Survivors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.