Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application - Education (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application (319560 Views)

(updated) University Of Ibadan (unibadan) 2015/2016 Post-graduate Application / University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application / Nigeria Defence Academy(n.d.a) 2012-2013 Post Graduate Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by Mopricelezz(f): 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
dmajor1:

I hope you received a mail like this " Admission Letter Prepared
Yes
Admission Approved and Admission Letter Signed by Deputy
Registrar
Yes
Date Determined: 2 February 2015 02:39:07 PM
Congratulations!!! Your Application for Admission is
successful. However, to process the offer successfully,
PLEASE STRICTLY OBEY THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS
Please login to your Application online. On the Application
Menu Page, Click the 'Print Admission Letter' Button and Print
your copy of the Admission Letter for yourself
Also on the Application Menu Page, Click the 'Print
Acceptance Form' Button. It will display your Acceptance Fee
Invoice which you are expected to defray to indicate your
Acceptance of the Admission Offer.
After you had defrayed the
(1/2 pages) Next >
Reply all to make the payment. "
Before you proceeded to make payment. If you did, it's no problem. All you need to do is wait a little patiently. I am sure before the end of tomorrow, it'd be resolved.

Thanks a lot... I didn't receive d msg like ds though, I only got a mail about my admission letter bin ready. Tanks a lot, wud wait patiently. By d way, have u made ur acceptance payment?
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by dmajor1(m): 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
Mopricelezz:

Thanks a lot... I didn't receive d msg like ds though, I only got a mail about my admission letter bin ready. Tanks a lot, wud wait patiently. By d way, have u made ur acceptance payment?

Yes.
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by Mopricelezz(f): 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
dmajor1:

Yes.

And it has reflected on d portal that 'Acceptance fee - Paid' ryt?
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by dmajor1(m): 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2015
Mopricelezz:

And it has reflected on d portal that 'Acceptance fee - Paid' ryt?

Yes! It was almost immediately
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by Mopricelezz(f): 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
dmajor1:

Yes! It was almost immediately

Pls wah was d mail confirming ur payment like?
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by dmajor1(m): 9:20pm On Feb 03, 2015
Mopricelezz:

Pls wah was d mail confirming ur payment like?

It was exactly like the one you said you saw. It's not different. The only difference between you and I is that my payment was acknowledged and confirmed to have been paid on my profile while yours was acknowledged but not yet confirmed. That's partly due to the fact that you haven't gotten the congratulatory mail. Just be patient. I'm sure it'd be resolved soon. Besides, what program did you applied for?
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by DDz1(f): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
Hello everyone and Congrats to those who have gotten the recomendation, please any news from Comp sci dept anyone?
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by omoluabi001(m): 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by oluwatomi91: 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2015
dmajor1:
I'm sure this would be a bit helpful. After defrayal of the invoice, your status on the pg page should be Acceptance Fee paid. Besides, pg school would acknowledge this by sending you a mail. Then, proceed to newly admitted candidate print Acceptance invoice /upload credentials. This link would take you to the document upload page. Only documents in pdf format are supported for upload. If your scanned documents are not in pdf format, to save yourself a lot of stress, copy all of them in another folder (you keep the original too). Then open ms power point on your computer, click on the slide, delete the title bar. Click insert option. Select pictures, go to the folder where you saved your documents. Insert one of them within the slide and save as pdf to a location you can easily access. Repeat same procedure for all documents.
Note that you are expected to upload your ssce, degree, birth (optional) and nysc certificates.
Esteemed regards
but the mail never said we should re-upload any document.
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by herboshedhe(f): 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2015
follugee:
because thou chooseth inorganic over organic... Av u been able to view admisn letter?
grin
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by herboshedhe(f): 9:55pm On Feb 03, 2015
oluwatomi91:
but the mail never said we should re-upload any document.
Same here o!!
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by Mopricelezz(f): 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
dmajor1:

It was exactly like the one you said you saw. It's not different. The only difference between you and I is that my payment was acknowledged and confirmed to have been paid on my profile while yours was acknowledged but not yet confirmed. That's partly due to the fact that you haven't gotten the congratulatory mail. Just be patient. I'm sure it'd be resolved soon. Besides, what program did you applied for?

Thanks a lot jaare...
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by Shinasijison: 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2015
SOFTWARE TESTING & QUALITY ASURANCE

Register Now!

Lagos Weekend Classes on 7th, 8th, 20th and 21st February

Software Training certification is intended to establish standards for initial qualification and provide direction for the testing function through an aggressive educational program. Acquiring the designation of Certified Software Tester indicates a professional level of competence in the principles and practices of quality control in the IT profession. Certified Software Testers become members of a recognized professional group and receive recognition of their competence by business and professional associates, potentially more rapid career advancement, and greater acceptance in the role as advisor to management.

At Sijison Training, Our training session is delivered by certified and highly experienced trainers. Our class is always interactive and based on practical experience. Our training covers all the areas you need to be a successful Personnel and provides an invaluable base upon which to build.

Software testing provides an objective, independent view of the software to allow the business to appreciate and understand the risks of software implementation.

Some of the Modules Include:
1. TESTING IN SOFTWARE LIFE CYCLE

2. TESTING IN DIFFERENT LIFE CYCLE MODELS

3. IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF REQUIREMENTS

4. TEST PLANNING

5. DEFECT MANAGEMENT

6. TEST DESIGN & REPORTING

7. CONTROLLING THE TESTING PROCESS

8. TEST AUTOMATION

9. IMPROVING THE TESTING PROCESS

Register For Our February Training Session and Enjoy a 20% Discount

Please Visit: www.sijisontraining.com or call +234– 8180224477, 09092777877 BBPin: 33422647, 21B704A5 or send us an email: training@sijisontraining.com for more details..

Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by dmajor1(m): 11:26pm On Feb 03, 2015
[quote author=Mopricelezz post=30403089]

Thanks a lot jaare... I applied for M.A English[/quote

Okay
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by Supremor(m): 6:12am On Feb 04, 2015
any Pharmacognosy applicant in d house? Someone told me he already received recommendation mail yesterday and I'm yet to get any pls I'm kind of afraid of dat means I avn't been considered for admission
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by dmack(m): 7:20am On Feb 04, 2015
aberyomi09:
Micro dept already contact yhu today or u heard they mailed someone,abeg I need info cos am also a micro applicant

Someone checked for me from the PG co-ord's office....no recommendation yet, just had to take measures cos it was taking too long. Buh I think they'll start doling out recommendations pretty soon...how soon is what I don't know...I just had to find ways to go about mine on time.

1 Like

Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by truvine(m): 8:42am On Feb 04, 2015
Economics Applicant
anyone with official mail on recommendation?
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by omoluabi001(m): 9:15am On Feb 04, 2015
truvine:
Economics Applicant
anyone with official mail on recommendation?
Nooooooo.....or Have u seen urs?
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by truvine(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2015
omoluabi001:

Nooooooo.....or Have u seen urs?

we no see water; we no see blood oooo
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by omoluabi001(m): 11:01am On Feb 04, 2015
truvine:

we no see water; we no see blood oooo

Worried with this whole thing sef....... time is running out
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by ehissi(m): 11:22am On Feb 04, 2015
This is indeed strange!! I applied for a Masters, Computers Science Dept, met with PG Coordinator for computer science Dept, Dr Akinola Olalekan just last week (I was moved to travel to ibadan because I see a lot of Nairalanders talking about receiving mails of recommendation meanwhile I had seen nothing). So I explained to him that I hadn't received any news from PG school (luckily for me he remembered my face as the first to finish the EPT before time which he supervised at Kola Daisi hall in UI).

Just asked for my name, I told him and there and then he congratulated me and asked me to get ready cash to pay my school fees in march cos I had been recommended for admission; he also expressed surprise that the Dept hadn't sent me a mail yet (they still havent sent it till now).

He then asked me to confirm that my transcript had gotten to ui because at the point of clearance for the admission it will be demanded.

He also told me that my "Seniors" R writing exams starting from last monday and that it will span over 2weeks and that after that break will take place and then 2014/2015 session will commence.

My questions for all the lil Waynes, Dangotes and Baba Lowos paying acceptance fee is "Has the session U applied for even commenced to begin with? Which session did U pay for? Considering the current economic downturn, don't U think UI may have increased its acceptance fee for new intakes and U may be paying this year's/sessions's acceptance fees? Is it wise to be paying for acceptance fee when PG school has not yet released the general admissions list formally?" R U aware that even after EPT had been concluded that the access portal/links to register, receive invoice as well as to pay for the EPT was still very much accessible? Assuming your payment is deemed to be made in error, have U any idea how "Simple" it is to retrieve your cash back from an account owned by a university?"

Na 21questions ooooooo, but the conclusion of my long talk na "take am easy oooo". #1,000,000 is too small to pay to a University to commit them to any arrangement they have with U no to talk of #20,000.

PG coordinator's phone numbers for the respective departments R in the emails they send U. Call them and ask before U make mistakes that may not be easily remedied...........

4 Likes

Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by glamour4000(m): 11:28am On Feb 04, 2015
ehissi:
This is indeed strange!! I applied for a Masters, Computers Science Dept, met with PG Coordinator for computer science Dept, Dr Akinola Olalekan just last week (I was moved to travel to ibadan because I see a lot of Nairalanders talking about receiving mails of recommendation meanwhile I had seen nothing). So I explained to him that I hadn't received any news from PG school (luckily for me he remembered my face as the first to finish the EPT before time which he supervised at Kola Daisi hall in UI).

Just asked for my name, I told him and there and then he congratulated me and asked me to get ready cash to pay my school fees in march cos I had been recommended for admission; he also expressed surprise that the Dept hadn't sent me a mail yet (they still havent sent it till now).

He then asked me to confirm that my transcript had gotten to ui because at the point of clearance for the admission it will be demanded.

He also told me that my "Seniors" R writing exams starting from last monday and that it will span over 2weeks and that after that break will take place and then 2014/2015 session will commence.

My questions for all the lil Waynes, Dangotes and Baba Lowos paying acceptance fee is "Has the session U applied for even commenced to begin with? Which session did U pay for? Considering the current economic downturn, don't U think UI may have increased its acceptance fee for new intakes and U may be paying this year's/sessions's acceptance fees? Is it wise to be paying for acceptance fee when PG school has not yet released the general admissions list formally?" R U aware that even after EPT had been concluded that the access portal/links to register, receive invoice as well as to pay for the EPT was still very much accessible? Assuming your payment is deemed to be made in error, have U any idea how "Simple" it is to retrieve your cash back from an account
I love dis....u sud b campaigning for GMB, u too sabi speak person mind ooo.well don't mind dem Sha, to d Dangotes in d hws...I hail ooo#lol
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by oluwatomi91: 11:35am On Feb 04, 2015
ehissi:

My questions for all the lil Waynes, Dangotes and Baba Lowos paying acceptance fee is "Has the session U applied for even commenced to begin with? Which session did U pay for? Considering the current economic downturn, don't U think UI may have increased its acceptance fee for new intakes and U may be paying this year's/sessions's acceptance fees? Is it wise to be paying for acceptance fee when PG school has not yet released the general admissions list formally?" R U aware that even after EPT had been concluded that the access portal/links to register, receive invoice as well as to pay for the EPT was still very much accessible? Assuming your payment is deemed to be made in error, have U any idea how "Simple" it is to retrieve your cash back from an account
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by DDz1(f): 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
ehissi:

My questions for all the lil Waynes, Dangotes and Baba Lowos paying acceptance fee is "Has the session U applied for even commenced to begin with? Which session did U pay for? Considering the current economic downturn, don't U think UI may have increased its acceptance fee for new intakes and U may be paying this year's/sessions's acceptance fees? Is it wise to be paying for acceptance fee when PG school has not yet released the general admissions list formally?" R U aware that even after EPT had been concluded that the access portal/links to register, receive invoice as well as to pay for the EPT was still very much accessible? Assuming your payment is deemed to be made in error, have U any idea how "Simple" it is to retrieve your cash back from an account owned by a university?"

Na 21questions ooooooo, but the conclusion of my long talk na "take am easy oooo". #1,000,000 is too small to pay to a University to commit them to any arrangement they have with U no to talk of #20,000.

PG coordinator's phone numbers for the respective departments R in the emails they send U. Call them and ask before U make mistakes that may not be easily remedied...........

Thanks a lot for the info and congratulations! Please when you. Get the official mail please share the news! Thanks
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by oladotfancy(f): 12:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
Worried with this whole thing sef....... time is running out..
I pray wr get ours soonsoon
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by truvine(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
hmmmmm
ok

all this story ehn
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by ehissi(m): 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2015
oluwatomi91:
guess u don't know that there is nothing like general admission list at ui( cos they didn't release such last year).also if u fail to pay the acceptance fee on time your admission might be given to another.(that is why there is waiting list).the mail sent to me yesterday confirming my admission told me to print the acceptance form, admission letter, and acceptance invoice( which they said i am expected to defray to indicate acceptance of admission offer)

Based on what I have been made to understand at UI...D department simply recommends U, admission is a matter for the PG School. Also, the fact that U were recommended for admission or even paid for and printed admission letter (which is even provisional) doesn't even mean that U have the admission (waiting list or otherwise taken into consideration)

The endpoint of the admission chemical reaction is clearance before stipulated deadline. And the reactants for that endpoint U already know (like transcript, certificates and your credentials in general).

If U like pay acceptance, if your documents R not set for clearance by the set time; the admission endpoint has reached and your acceptance fee U paid is as good as a valentine bonus..

That is not to say that to pay is to err, the point is to verify from a very reliable source (UI PG Staff or call PG coordinator lines in your emails) before making any payment at all.......

To avoid stories that touch......
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by dmajor1(m): 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2015
ehissi:

The man you spoke to happens to be the pg coordinator of one of the unserious departments in the school. More serious departments like chemistry did there home work on time and forwarded recommendation list promptly to the pg school when the HOD in your department is probably still begging his staffs to assess the departmental entrance exam you wrote. Would it be wrong if pg school says "chemistry you've done well. We'll process your admission lists promptly too and clear your students for admission ASAP so that you can commence serious academic work as soon as the new session begins".

For your information, I'm sure most chemistry applicants had gotten their offer of admission and have been so directed by the pg school via email to defray an invoice shown on their page as a proof of acceptance of the offer. Please don't spread false information and confuse people here.

N. B. This post may look like an attack, it's not in all honesty. So pls pardon my misdemeanor.

1 Like

Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by ehissi(m): 1:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
dmajor1:

The man you spoke to happens to be the pg coordinator of one of the unserious departments in the school. More serious departments like chemistry did there home work on time and forwarded recommendation list promptly to the pg school when the HOD in your department is probably still begging his staffs to assess the departmental entrance exam you wrote. Would it be wrong if pg school says "chemistry you've done well. We'll process your admission lists promptly too and clear your students for admission ASAP so that you can commence serious academic work as soon as the new session begins".

For your information, I'm sure most chemistry applicants had gotten their offer of admission and have been so directed by the pg school via email to defray an invoice shown on their page as a proof of acceptance of the offer. Please don't spread false information and confuse people here.

N. B. This post may look like an attack, it's not in all honesty. So pls pardon my misdemeanor.

What else is there to say, the "gods" of Nairaland have spoken.

For those who feel misled my point is "Verify from authentic sources"!! I travelled from Jos to lagos to Ibadan to hear the facts , made call in the same respect to do same.......................

Strange that U will think the Dept unserious though especially when I do remember a chemistry student was sent to Kola daisi hall for EPT when his paper clearly said chemistry and the fellow was sent there by staff invigilating chemistry exams in chemistry Dept...............Probably a slip but like I said, my conclusion is Trust but verify......

1 Like

Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by Scholar10(m): 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
Help somebody, i have not been able to view my invoice for the acceptance fee... Even after following all the instructions for the registration.
Under my application menu, i click on the '' print acceptance letter'' button, but yet, i could not found the invoice. Pls somebody help...
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
Economics eeh!! We wrote screening exams same day with chemistry dept but we're yet to hear from our great dept.. Or anyone with good news? Still patient tho!
Re: University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application by cathodekazim: 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
ehissi:

Weldone for the trial but thr is something you are fgtin and I think I have to remind you
In every school, if you were given admission, it is expcted of you to accept the admission first in first and how can you accept the admission, simply by printing the admission lettr and paying up the approved acceptance fee
In some dept that rcvd recommendation it was quoted in there that they can pay thr acceptance fee so they shd pay, are you now saying that they shd wait for others or other dept to post thr name whil they wait for the dean of pg studies to tell them to start paying? Nooo, is not done. They can pay up as long as they have the money
Concerning ur not receiving mail, you will still rcv, even in mydept, the recommendation list is out, but mails are yet to be sent. Its a gradual process sir

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (122) (Reply)

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.