Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. (1679 Views)

TB Joshua Official Statement On Misleading Report about the collapse guesthouse / Jim Iyke Delivered In Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Rude Things People Do In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by MizMyColi(f): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
krall: MizMyColi I didn't know you abandoned religion entirely.

Now I know why you sounded confused.
@TheEmboldened - Really?! cheesy

or are you indirectly calling me "Confused" undecided

T's all good.....I'd be worried if everyone considers me "sane"

cheesy
Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by MizMyColi(f): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
uzoexcel: lol...it should be 'tweaking'....twerking gives it a whole new meaning grin grin grin
Oh my! Thanks!.......I've been mixing up words lately. *facepalm*
Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by MizMyColi(f): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
uzoexcel:
Why?
Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by uzoexcel(m): 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
I KNOWWWWW UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...Just found out
abeg ehn,make ds thing no reach house o....imma deny anything here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
MizMyColi: Why?
Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by MizMyColi(f): 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
uzoexcel: I KNOWWWWW UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...Just found out
abeg ehn,make ds thing no reach house o....imma deny anything here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You're safe. wink Me too, na codin' tins cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by Liveair: 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
Apatheist:
A little more what?
Enlightening.
Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
Liveair:
Enlightening.
OK.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
MizMyColi: @TheEmboldened - Really?! cheesy

or are you indirectly calling me "Confused" undecided

T's all good.....I'd be worried if everyone considers me "sane"

cheesy
do you know what you stand for?
Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by Liveair: 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
MizMyColi: Thanks...... and Yes, I am living my life, its been awesome. There's been a few hiccups though, but I'd live this life again and an even better one, if given the chance.
Hiccups? Namely.
Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by MizMyColi(f): 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
Liveair:
Hiccups? Namely.
It's pretty much summed in the original post. I've always come out stronger though. Thanks for asking.
Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 26, 2014
I never had any problems in my transition to being an atheist, I was brought up in a religious home, but I got tired of it at an early age and began questioning it, so the instant I got a little freedom to make my life altering choices it was one of the 1st.
I don't have a problem with religious people I only have a problem with religious people that try to impose their beliefs on me.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by MizMyColi(f): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2014

Some Paraphrased Teachings of Jesus:

[b]“There’s only one litmus test to authenticate if someone gets what I’m about – love.”

“The kingdom of God is here and now, which means it’s not somewhere else and later.”

“If you’ve reached perfection on your journey, feel free to judge others. Otherwise, be quiet.”

“My peace is not as this world gives. Your strategy to control circumstances in order to be happy won’t work… ever.”

“You religious people have your nose buried in the Bible, feeling all smug about your spiritual maturity. But you wouldn’t know my truth if it knocked you in the head.”

“There is no mountain, sacred place or church building where God expects to be worshiped. True worship is a way of seeing – it’s spotting and honoring the divine in all things.”

“You think you are doing well because you have not been hauled off to prison for murder, but your harsh and critical spirit is no different.”

“Embracing my truth will make you a heretic in most people’s minds and you will be persecuted. No worries; you’re on the right track in my kingdom.”

“God and I are one, you are included.”

“I have to die. Otherwise, you’re going to create a religion around my human personhood and personality, rather than embrace and give expression to my spirit and truth.”

“Don’t say you love God and then hate people. Those two things can’t be true at the same time.”

“You and God are not separated and never have been. You are connected to God like a branch to a vine – the essence and nature of God is the sap running through your veins.”

“You can’t reduce my way to a book. The same spirit that filled and led me fills and leads you. Follow that spirit.”

“You think your humanity is an affront to God. If this were true how could I be one with God?”

“You look into the sky to find some God that sits on a throne. You want to see God? You’re looking at him. Now, see that same God as yourself.”[/b]

- Jim Palmer

Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by MizMyColi(f): 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2014

“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There can't be any large-scale revolution until there's a personal revolution, on an individual level. It's got to happen inside first.”
― Jim Morrison

1 Like

Re: 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. by sexylogan(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There can't be any large-scale revolution until there's a personal revolution, on an individual level. It's got to happen inside first.”
― Jim Morrison

"Don't be afraid of losing someone who doesn't feel lucky to have you."

-Anonymous

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Things Really Getting Worse In The World? / See What A Christain Fanatic Sent Me On FB Because I Ignored His Request. / Are Nairaland Moderator Against Christians??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.