Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

5 Nollywood Movies To Watch Out For Before End Of The Year - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 5 Nollywood Movies To Watch Out For Before End Of The Year (980 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam / How To Download Nigerian Movies to phone / pc For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nollywood Movies To Watch Out For Before End Of The Year by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
DRY:

Directed byStephanie Linus
Produced by Jane Lawalata and Stephanie Linus
Written by Stephanie Okereke
Starring:
Stephanie Okereke
Liz Benson
William McNamara
Darwin Shaw
Paul Sambo
Music by Lisbeth Scott
Cinematography - Angel Barroeta
Edited by Jane Lawalata
Production company - Next Page Productions
Running time - 135 minutes
Release date - 2014
Country - Nigeria, Wales
Language - English

Short Synopsis:
The film's theme focuses on Vesicovaginal fistula condition and underaged marriage among young women. The film which is set in Northern Nigeria narrates the story of a young girl who is subjected to early marriage pregnancy and the challenges she passes through.

October 1st:

Directed by Kunle Afolayan
Produced by Kunle Afolayan
Written by Tunde Babalola
Starring:
Sadiq Daba
Kehinde Bankole
David Baile
Nick Rhys
Fabian Adeoye Lojede
Music by Kulanen Ikyo
Cinematography - Yinka Edward
Edited by Mike-Steve Adeleye
Production company - Golden Effects Studios
Distributed by Golden Effects Pictures
Release date(s) - 2014
Country - Nigeria
Language - English Yoruba Igbo Hausa
Budget - ₦320 million

Short Synopsis:
The film narrates the story of Danladi Waziri (Sadiq Daba), a police officer from Northern Nigeria who is posted to a remote town of Akote in Western Nigeria to investigate the frequent female murder cases in the community and have the mystery solved before the Nigerian flag is raised on October 1, Nigeria's Independence Day.

A few good men:
[img]http://www.google.com/search?q=a+few+good+men+nollywood+2014&safe=active&client=ms-rim&hl=en&channel=browser&tbm=isch&oq=a+few+good+men+nollywood+2014&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.3...65422.83520.0.85355.15.15.0.0.0.0.1199.6783.5-1j5j2.8.0....0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..15.0.0.fj1OqEpzk58[/img]
Directed by Ejiro Onobrakpo
Produced by Femi Jacobs
Release date - 22 August 2014
Starring:
Joseph benjamin
Anthony monjaro
Kate henshaw

Short synopsis:
Fred (Joseph) was dumped by girlfriend the day he wanted to propose to her, she then replies to him that he is a nice man, fred then goes into depression in knowing why being nice turns out to be a disadvantage towards women.

The Duplex:
[img]http://www.google.com/search?q=the+duplex+nollywood+2014&safe=active&client=ms-rim&hl=en&channel=browser&tbm=isch&prmd=ivns&ei=gFzRU-7yHoHK0QWP-IGwDA&start=0&sa=N[/img]

Directed by Ikechukwu Onyeka
Produced by Emma Isikaku
Release date: 22 August 2014
Starring:
Omoni Oboli
Anthony Monjaro
Uru Eke
Mike Ezuruonye

Short Synopsis:
Emeka (Mike) has just bought a house. When strange things start occuring in the house, emeka comes to join jones (Anthony) for help trying to understand the mysteries that are happening to him and his wife Adaku (Omoni).

30 Days in Atlanta:
[img]http://www.google.com/search?q=30+days+in+Atlanta&safe=active&client=ms-rim&hl=en&channel=browser&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=1GLRU6_RGqqj0QWU2YCABA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#[/img]
Starring:
Ayo Makun
Ramsey Nouah
Rachel Oniga
Vivica A Fox
Majid Michael

Short Synopsis:
Right from Warri until he landed in Atlanta, Akpos flung his unique personality, showing-off his smartness and foolishness in an exciting mix of rhetoric and witty humour. An impromptu social commentator and self-appointed psychologist, Akpos finds relevance in everything and everyone around them.

In Atlanta, Akpos met three very peculiar people: Uncle Wilfred, a friend and self-acclaimed oil Firm employee, and lots of ‘Fellow Nigerians’.

Soon, he begins to enjoy his stay in Atlanta. His Warri accents and instincts almost turned him into a Hollywood Celebrity.

Re: 5 Nollywood Movies To Watch Out For Before End Of The Year by VillageBoi(m): 6:29am On Jul 25, 2014
Ah 'Ojuju' no dey this list? I'm really waiting to see that.

I like your list and want to see all of them apart from '30 Days In Atlanta'... RMD being in it 'might' sway me but honestly all these we're-so-bush-osuofia-in-london type films are not even funny at all.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nollywood Movies To Watch Out For Before End Of The Year by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 25, 2014
VillageBoi: Ah 'Ojuju' no dey this list? I'm really waiting to see that.
Ah... My bad, I thought 'Ojuju' is out already, the movie suppose made the list shaa.

Re: 5 Nollywood Movies To Watch Out For Before End Of The Year by VillageBoi(m): 7:23am On Jul 25, 2014
tonyayo1:
Ah... My bad, I thought 'Ojuju' is out already, the movie suppose made the list shaa.
No probs, I believe they are still in post-production.

(1) (Reply)

Tell Us The Best Bbm Channel You've Ever Subscribed To And Why / Exclusive!!! Cynthia Morgan Takes Fake Boobs Test On HFtv Africa ‎"DA CHAT‬" / #BBN: Understanding The Reason Why Tboss Doesn't Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.