Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Your Boss Is Your Lover. Can It Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Boss Is Your Lover. Can It Work? (802 Views)

Do You Think My Boss Is Trying To Woo Me? / My Boss Is Sleeping With My Best Friend Fiancee / What Pet Name/Names Do You Call Your Lover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Boss Is Your Lover. Can It Work? by DSuperWoman(f): 8:22am On Jul 25, 2014
It is a common believe that dating your boss is a recipe for disaster but the truth is people fall in love all the time and it can happen at work too.
When you both have similar fields of work, compatibility and communication becomes much easier and before you know it you're in a relationship.
So when your boss is your lover can it work? Here are 6 reasons why it can't and 3 reasons why it can

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T DATE YOUR BOSS

1) The most obvious reason not to date your boss is, if you ever break up, your might get fired or feel uncomfortable at work.

2 Co-workers who will be angry that he's showing you favouritism (and he will)

3) Your personal relationship will mix up with your working relationship. You may not be able to draw clear boundaries and that's not good

4) He may not be able to separate his identity of being your boss and your boyfriend. And may want to boss you around even in your... Read full article here.

http://www.dsuperwoman.com/2014/01/your-boss-is-your-lover-can-it-work.html?m=1
Re: Your Boss Is Your Lover. Can It Work? by angela98(f): 8:44am On Jul 25, 2014
Its a very wrong idea to date your boss. If you cannot properly manage the relationship or balance between your work and your relationship you might find yourself dangling between the thin line of losing/quitting your job and getting badly hurt. Although it depends on the size of the establishment and how often you see your boss and how closely you both work together. Note some boss are very quick to get rid of you when there is a friction in the relationship. More so, because u are dating your boss you might attract negative envies and attitudes from your colleagues. They might see u as a threat or believe you're getting all the work advantages..not good, not good.

1 Like

Re: Your Boss Is Your Lover. Can It Work? by ahnie: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2014
it is a No-No for me.
gbam I don't encourage it.

I once had a Boss that my closing time is 4pm
suddening he became friendly giving me wads
even when my husband comes to pick me
this kermitface of a boss would delay me and my hubby would be honking his car honk.
mehn it got to a stage where I cud'nt bear it and I told him a straight no...that I can't sacrifice my loving family for some pi6 of kudi.I told my husband and that Day I stopped working there.

#i don't encourage ppl to date their ogas....its a complete no-no for me.
Re: Your Boss Is Your Lover. Can It Work? by AtheistD(m): 10:11am On Jul 25, 2014
A bad idea... and I know about bad ideas cheesy

(1) (Reply)

To The One I Love...my Heart Yearns Abt U Only. / I Have A Huge Crush On Andyblaze And Boiledcorn / My Close Friend"s Graduate Girlfriend Has Dumped Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.