Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards (722 Views)

Why Are Pastor's Children Nonchalant To The Gospel? / “ GEJ To Bankrupt Nigeria” Sermon: Police Looking For Pastor Bakare / RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by jearile(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
All the children or wards of pastors, reverends, bishops, apostles, evangelists, prophets and prophetess shout a thunderous hallelujah!
Calvary greetings from the King of kings and Lord of lords to as many at the reach of this post - God bless you!
I'm very privileged to be a biological child of a pastor. In case you share this same similarity with me, you are in the right niche - this thread is for you.
Without any contradictions, the aforementioned privilege has a different experience for different folks but notwithstanding, the blessings outnumber the pain.
At first, I wished my father was not a pastor. The displeasure was so strong because I wasn't ready to grow. What wouldn't really be an issue in other families was already a standard in mine which you must not go against unless you don't want to live in that house peacefully. Attending church services was a must; partaking in fasting and prayer was a must; belonging to a service unit in church was a must and so on. Couple with the belief that because your father is a pastor automatically you a son/daughter of Jesus Christ so any mistake you make they blow it out of proportion - "shebi na pastor pikin em bi..." And like I said, because I wasn't ready to grow, I felt that privilege was a stumbling block to mingling with the world without anyone raising an eyebrow - watch whatever I want to watch on TV, listen to any song I like, dance all the "danceable", woo my complementary sex like my peers etc.
"That you are in church does not mean you're in touch with the head of the church - Jesus Christ." Until I understood that the race is individualistic, every man will answer for himself/herself whether your father is a bishop or reverend, I began to cherish that privilege.
Saul was not a prophet but when he found himself in the midst of prophets, he also did prophesy. Being a child of an anointed man of God, I'm not talking about a man who anointed himself; what rubs on him as far as you're connected to him spiritually rubs on you. So it's not business as usual contrary to public opinion when you see a son/daughter of a man of God rise up to fulfil the same ministry perhaps in another dimension like his father.
Even when you don't feel like praying on your own, there's somebody to disturb your sleep because it's time to pray. A pastor's house is a house of prayer - if it's not for one sister, it'd be for one brother or for both a husband and wife.
You have somebody who's very close to you, guiding the way you go about your Christian life. Oh what a privilege!
There are some other episodes to talk about... Feel free to share your own experience.

Ps: Is it true that pastor's children are always the worst?
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by Decibel: 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
tongue
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by tpia1: 4:22am On Sep 15, 2014
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by tpia1: 4:23am On Sep 15, 2014
jearile:

Ps: Is it true that pastor's children are always the worst?

worst in what sense?
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by jearile(m): 4:47am On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:

worst in what sense?
In the sense that they are more deprave and wayward than their peers whose parents are not even Christians.

Well, it is a phrase I heard more often than while growing up. People tend to say "pastors children are the worst."
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by tpia1: 4:52am On Sep 15, 2014
worst when surrounded by bad eggs maybe.
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by tpia1: 4:53am On Sep 15, 2014
jearile:
In the sense that they are more deprave and wayward than their peers whose parents are not even Christians.

could be due to nature or nuture [environment], in the ones you've seen.
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by jearile(m): 6:52am On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:

could be due to nature or nuture [environment], in the ones you've seen.
Do your parent/guardian fall in any of the titles (pastor, bishop, apostle, reverend, deacon and so on) I aforementioned in the first post?
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by tpia1: 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
no they dont.

why do you ask?
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
interesting,am following
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by jearile(m): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
tpia1: no they dont.

why do you ask?
Just a bit curious... Perhaps who knows you might be the first to bring such privilege into your family
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by jearile(m): 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
iamodenigbo1: interesting,am following
Do u belong?
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by itstpia1: 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
jearile:
Just a bit curious... Perhaps who knows you might be the first to bring such privilege into your family

no, i have some in the aforementioned endeavours, so its not new.
Re: A Thread For Pastor's Children/wards by jearile(m): 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
itstpia1:

no, i have some in the aforementioned endeavours, so its not new.
kk... That's good

(1) (Reply)

Watchtower Justification For- The Light Is Getting Brighter / The Truth on Tithes & Offerings Part 2. / Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.