Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria (911 Views)

There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi / "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky / Call Sheik Dahiru Bauchi To Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by Zhulfiqar1: 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria

SaharaReporters has just confirmed that Mahumd Ibraheem Zakzaky, the son of Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky, was among those gunned down by Nigerian soldiers in Zaria as a group held a rally in support of Palestinians on Israel’s invasion of Gaza.

Mahmud Zakzaky and a few other demonstrators were killed in the shooting this evening in the ancient town of Zaria.

In a statement issued by Ibrahim Musa, editor of the movement’s weekly magazine Almizan, and sent to the New York office of SaharaReporters, the Islamic group accused the military of killing several of its members with impunity. The statement also claimed that more than 40 other members sustained serious injuries.

“Reports reaching our news desk now indicated that some soldiers of the Nigerian army have opened fire on the tail end of the Quds procession held after Jumaat prayers in Zaria, Kaduna State. The procession, which took off from Sabon Gari Jumaat Mosque, reached Kofar Doka peacefully with no incident. However some soldiers attacked the procession [at the] PZ junction in Zaria.

“They shot Mahmud Ibraheem Zakzaky, but [his body] was taken away by the Muslim brothers. But several [other] Muslim brothers were shot by the security agents.

“As at the time of writing this report, there is no confirmation on the number of Muslim brothers shot or killed by the soldiers, but our says say five people were killed. The Quds procession was held today peacefully in more than 10 Nigerian cities. Why the attack on the Zaria procession?

“[The] latest report on the attack by soldiers on Quds peaceful procession is that ten Muslim brothers were gunned down by the soldiers, among them Mahmud Ibraheem Zakzaky, son of Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, and a Muslim sister with her child on her back. There are over 40 Muslim brothers’ casualties with different degrees of gunshots by the soldiers. The story is still unfolding, with reinforcement of soldiers coming from Kaduna, according to our news sources.”

http://saharareporters.com/2014/07/25/nigerian-troops-kill-sheik-zakzaky%E2%80%99s-son-others-zaria
Re: Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by Krak(m): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
They chose a very wrong time to protest in Kadun, the day after multiple blasts in Kaduna and the atmosphere was still tense.

What did they expect?

Sometimes all we need in this life is just a little bit of wisdom, unfortunately these people lack any wisdom.
Re: Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by Blakjewelry(m): 10:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
Although i dont killing of innocent people and i hate what isreal is doing in gaza. I totally condem it but must our muslim always match, riot or fight concerning other islamic countries?
Re: Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by gidjah(m): 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
what is happenin in israel should not be d cause of our marchin out and protestin all over the city, a state where violence is prone to.do we have israelis in that state?(atleast i schooled in that city!),how do es that connects wit zakzaky?there was a bomb trouble in that state with curfew partially on, are they not aware?my sister around that vicinity told me the young men among them started stoning the military security men,chantin languages, that provoked the military men!i grew up in d north,i know what they can do,this is sure part of such.the boko haram vampires have bin feedin upon their flesh since last year , they have not bin able to 'protest',why now for palestines and israel trouble?can't you see that this Hausa people can be very dumb and blank minded in sound reasonings?!pls i do not intend to insult any tribe or religion o!my mum practices this religion too,i have ONCE also practiced this religion too!!
Re: Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by Onyocha: 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
gidjah: what is happenin in israel should not be d cause of our marchin out and protestin all over the city, a state where violence is prone to.do we have israelis in that state?(atleast i schooled in that city!),how do es that connects wit zakzaky?there was a bomb trouble in that state with curfew partially on, are they not aware?my sister around that vicinity told me the young men among them started stoning the military security men,chantin languages, that provoked the military men!i grew up in d north,i know what they can do,this is sure part of such.the boko haram vampires have bin feedin upon their flesh since last year , they have not bin able to 'protest',why now for palestines and israel trouble?can't you see that this Hausa people can be very dumb and blank minded in sound reasonings?!pls i do not intend to insult any tribe or religion o!my mum practices this religion too,i have ONCE also practiced this religion too!!

Shia Muslims the world over, and even many Sunni Muslims, mark al-Quds (Jerusalem) Day to show solidarity with the Palestinians, just once a year. this procession takes place even in London and New York. it isn't the first time it is happening.

also, people should be free to expressing their support. you don't have to lecture people on how to channel their support or teach them how to doctor their beliefs.
Re: Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by gidjah(m): 11:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
Onyocha:

Shia Muslims the world over, and even many Sunni Muslims, mark al-Quds (Jerusalem) Day to show solidarity with the Palestinians, just once a year. this procession takes place even in London and New York. it isn't the first time it is happening.

also, people should be free to expressing their support. you don't have to lecture people on how to channel their support or teach them how to doctor their beliefs.
IS THAT ONE ON D WORLD CALENDAR TOO?!DOES IT HAPPEN IN YOUR STATE AND ON YOUR STREET TOO?IS THIS THE RIGHT TIME IN THE ANALS OF THIS NATION TO HAVE PROTEST INTROUBLE AREAS?IS this not a tool in d hands of the already domiciled insurgents in zaria city?i lived in that city for about 8yrs bro,i stil live up north till date
Re: Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by Onyocha: 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
gidjah: IS THAT ONE ON D WORLD CALENDAR TOO?!DOES IT HAPPEN IN YOUR STATE AND ON YOUR STREET TOO?IS THIS THE RIGHT TIME IN THE ANALS OF THIS NATION TO HAVE PROTEST INTROUBLE AREAS?IS this not a tool in d hands of the already domiciled insurgents in zaria city?i lived in that city for about 8yrs bro,i stil live up north till date

it happens where those who are concerned with it are found. according to the reports, the same event was marked in Kano, Katsina and other cities in Nigeria.

if it was boko haram who are Salafists that targeted the Shia, i can understand. your beating around the bush is implying that even embarking on a peaceful demonstration in the presence of the security men who should protect the lives of their citizens is unsafe. is that what you're implying? you are giving excuses simply because those killed are Muslims. if it was those protesting to "bringbackourgirls" who were targeted, i dont think you would find excuses for those who perpetrated the attack. any life lost is a sad thing. i think the incident should be thoroughly investigated and those at fault should be brought before the law.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by true2god: 6:32am On Jul 26, 2014
Onyocha:

Have u marched to protest the degredation of communities in the niger-delta by the oil companies? Have u marched to protest the govt induced porverty at the niger delta? Hav u marched to protest the killings of innocent pple by the Islamist boko haram?

Islamic hypocrisy is a leprousious issue.
Re: Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by maasoap(m): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2014
gidjah: IS THAT ONE ON D WORLD CALENDAR TOO?!DOES IT HAPPEN IN YOUR STATE AND ON YOUR STREET TOO?IS THIS THE RIGHT TIME IN THE ANALS OF THIS NATION TO HAVE PROTEST INTROUBLE AREAS?IS this not a tool in d hands of the already domiciled insurgents in zaria city?i lived in that city for about 8yrs bro,i stil live up north till date
Stop asking silly questions. If I decide not to participate, that doesn't prevent you from participating.
Re: Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by maasoap(m): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2014
true2god: Have u marched to protest the degredation of communities in the niger-delta by the oil companies? Have u marched to protest the govt induced porverty at the niger delta? Hav u marched to protest the killings of innocent pple by the Islamist boko haram?

Islamic hypocrisy is a leprousious issue.
You don't have any right to tell people what to protest for or against. You are free to protest against what you deemed fit and I should be free to protest against anything I deemed fit. When you are sounding like you don't even know your rights, then how will you know the rights of others?
Re: Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria by maclatunji: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2014

(1)

6 Tips To Help Lower Your Gaze / 'Surrogate Motherhood' Which Of The Two Views Do You Support? / Barka De Sallah - � Moon Sighted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.