Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

"Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky (14396 Views)

Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made / Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space / "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by LagosShia: 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2011
29/8/2011

[size=18pt]"Bomb blasts ridiculing Islam"[/size] -S. Zakzaky (H)

By Abdul Mumin Giwa

Commenting publicly for the first time on the issue of the recent bomb blasts in Nigeria, the revered leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, Sayyed Ibraheem Zakzaky (H), in a brief speech he delivered at the closing of this year’s Tafseer at the Baqiyqtullah Hussainiyya in Zaria, has condemned the bomb blasts in the country as acts of ridiculing Islam perpetrated by America and her cohorts.

The revered leader of the Islamic Movement described the said Boko Haram as a hoax initiated to deceive people into believing that an extremist Islamic organization exists and that it is going about killing and bombarding places with the intention of establishing an Islamic government. “This is an act of subjecting Islam to ridicule”, the revered leader said.

Sheikh Zakzaky (H) expressed surprise over the silence of the Muslim leaders in the country who he said are keeping silent in order to protect their worldly positions. He said that they have all kept mute on the atrocities being perpetrated in the name of Boko Haram in order to protect their offices. The revered leader counseled that they have everything to lose should the perpetrators succeed in their devilish plans because they are going to lose the positions they are protecting. “Whichever position you might be holding and protecting, be it traditional, political or ministerial, is going to be lost with the success of their intentions.” The revered leader said.

Their intention is to make another Somalia in Nigeria such that it will become ungovernable as Somalia has been for the past 17 years. He explained that Somalia has deliberately been  plunged into tribal wars and now overtaken by draught. He said, “They deliberately destabilized Somalia in order to benefit from its vast aquatic resources mostly fishes.” The revered leader warned that there are even more resources in Nigeria that they want to exploit that include arable lands, oil as well as the acquatic resources for which they destroyed Somalia.

Sheikh Zakzaky (H) also said that they have chosen to subject Islam to ridicule by using it to execute their ferocious plans. They have deliberately concocted an anonymous organization that is not only unknown to everybody, but also has no identity, location, print or broadcast medium and are claiming that the group wants to establish an Islamic government. The revered leader wondered how someone none existent could be calling towards Islam without any address, name or center. “Where is he, who is he, where are his parents and where do they live? They are all inexistent” he said. He mentioned that it is America that is perpetrating the crimes in the name of providing security in Nigeria for which billions of dollars are spent. He added that it is only America that can bomb the UN headquarters in Nigeria so as to use it as a proof for the need of the security they are providing.

The leader of the Islamic Movement said that the so-called Muslim leaders have all kept mute to all the atrocities for fear of loosing their positions. He referred them to Somalia saying that there is no formal government existing and there are no positions being occupied there at present. Everyone there is struggling to survive from malnutrition, hunger and war. “This is what will happen to Nigeria as you keep mute protecting your positions. You will loose all the positions. It is not right to keep mute in this situation.” He warned that they want to destabilise the country in order to get their hands on the abundant resources free.

Sayyed Zakzaky (H) said that the most annoying thing is that they have chosen to ridicule Islam in the process of achieving their vicious goals. They have declared everything about the Nigerian Muslims as Boko Haram. Though they have not mentioned the Jama’atu Nasril Islam, the Izala group, the Tariqa, the Shi’ah and others directly but they have mentioned all their activities as Boko Haram. They have mentioned the Hussainiyya and the Fudiyya Islamic Center all as Boko Haram in their security reports. What is more surprising is that a dialogue initiated between Muslims and Christians in Jos recently was declared in their report as Boko Haram. They even declared the JNI press conference in which the JNI called for understanding, peace and harmony among Christians and Muslims in Nigeria as Boko Haram, claiming that the call was intended towards deceiving the Christians in order to clampdown on them afterwards. “If one reads through the pages of their security report he would find out that Islam is what they are referring to as Boko Haram in Nigeria” he said. He said that they even mentioned the Muslim Hijab as Boko Haram.

The leader of the Islamic Movement said that there is no reason for the Soldiers not to attack and kill Muslims with the way the report issued them describes Boko Haram in which name they attack and bomb places. He referred to the recent occurrences and how Muslims have been butchered by the police and soldiers in the name of fighting Boko Haram. He added that this is not only ridiculing Islam but also subjecting Muslims to defeat and disgrace.

He reminded the so-called traditional leaders who see themselves as belonging to the genealogy of Sheikh Ibn Fodio that the Sheikh is known for his steadfastness in Islam and not the quest for worldly positions and possessions. He is respected for religion, knowledge and uprightness. He warned that if the so-called leaders continue to watch while Islam is being ridiculed and they remain there protecting their personal whims and positions and addressed as the ‘grandsons of the revivalist’, they will lose those positions they are protecting.

While passing a comment on this year’s Tafseer, the revered leader said that though this year is a bit different from the past some of the clerics are still ridden by the instituted confusions for which they have always been warned in the past. He called on Muslims to beware and not to be deceived or carried away by the machinations of the enemies. He prayed for the establishment of Islam.   

http://www.islamicmovement.org/szakzakyonbombblast2011.htm
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:26am On Sep 05, 2011
wow am highly impressed by his word, dis are words of WISDOM, nice one and may ALLAH bless u
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 05, 2011
But I thought is was Muhammad who asked you to wipe out the infidels.

This man is not a true Muslim.  grin
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by vedaxcool(m): 10:15am On Sep 05, 2011
^^^^^

See why you are a hypocrite, a muslim leader condemns violence allegedly perpetuated by muslims, yet you come here still insisting that Muslim must wipe infidels, i usually pity you, i know you do not sleep well because of your deep hatred towards muslims, i know our existence make it impossible for you to sleep at night, but i am sorry Allah will continue to perfect his light though the disbelievers of truth detest it. Alhamdulilah!
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by dejgan: 11:18am On Sep 05, 2011
I dont know how influential this cleric is but I think he makes a whole lot of sense. what has the sultan, the number one moslem in nigeria done about boko haram? the sultan's word is the last about the sighting of the moon for all moslems in nigeria why cant he use the same influence on the boko haram issue, again I say, boko haram is a political agitation of a few selfish northerners using religion (the opium of the poor,jobless, uneducated) as a tool for this agitation.

this cleric should be advised to meet with the CAN president so they chat a way forward for peace to reign in Nigeria!
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by ayusman16(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2011
I dont see any sense in what he said, He claimed people are using the bombs to ridicule Islam. Who is then carrying out all these bombings? Xtians?

What will the Christians now say, they've been subjected to several acts of terrorism pepertrated by their perceived Muslim brothers. Let him come straight and criticise Boko Haram and we will believe him.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by LagosShia: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2011
dejgan:

I dont know how influential this cleric is but I think he makes a whole lot of sense.
Sheikh Zakzaky is very learned and heads the prominent Shia organization in Nigeria known as the ISLAMIC MOVEMENT for reviving and propagating the true spirit of Islam.

read more:
http://www.islamicmovement.org/demystifyingsheikh.htm

what has the sultan, the number one moslem in nigeria done about boko haram? the sultan's word is the last about the sighting of the moon for all moslems in nigeria why cant he use the same influence on the boko haram issue, again I say, boko haram is a political agitation of a few selfish northerners using religion (the opium of the poor,jobless, uneducated) as a tool for this agitation.

this cleric should be advised to meet with the CAN president so they chat a way forward for peace to reign in Nigeria!
i dont think the sultan of sokoto has any blame to be fair.it is true that he must come out and say something.but the bitter truth that many do not know is the fact that even the sultan would be seen as an enemy to boko haram if he says anything against them.infact do not be suprise if the criminals target the sultan.

boko haram from the way things are turning out have resemblance to salafists aka wahhabi groups such as al-qaeda.

just last week,al-qaeda bombed a sunni mosque in iraq and wounded a prominent sunni leader in the mosque.before,their aim was to use the sunnis as cover up to fight the shia and create sectarian discord (that was also america's wish:divide and conquer).when that failed and the iraqi sunnis who live peacefully with their shia brothers refused,they (sunnis) became target.wahhabism has its roots in saudi arabia.ironically,the deadly start of al-qaeda and osama bin laden were created by the american intelligence (CIA),used,and then dumped.today the saudi regime is america's best friend in the middle east despite it being a dictatorial and harsh monarchy far from democracy and the merciful teachings of islam.little wonder why many believe that this boko haram nonsense is a western intelligence creation to use as a channel to get a grip on nigeria just as al-qaeda was used and dumped and later also used as an excuse to give muslims a bad image by the west.now,these salafists/wahhabis have become a menace to the world and particularly to islam and muslims.they are a very small minority among muslims and their number is insignificant but deadly and poisonouse as they lack common sense and knowledge.they abuse the cover of sunnis to spread hate and their narrow teachings.they give islam a bad image and their actions benefit the interests of the west against islam generally.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by ayusman16(m): 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2011
I wish all Muslims can be like the Yoruba Muslims. They are peaceful, God fearing, tolerant and co-exist. They shun all kinds of vices and love you irrespective of your religion. The Imam/Islamic Teacher in my neighborhood mosque is an example.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by LagosShia: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel:

you're should be pitied.you are not out here to reason or listen to anyone.you do not even care to know what Islam and the Prophet (sa) truly stand for or teach.your lies and allegations have long being refuted but you keep repeating them and on and on and on.

all you care about is to tell the world that Islam is evil and bla bla bla.

my friend,Islam is here and immortal.neither you nor anyone including "almighty" america can do anything about that.Islam will outlive you and your generations.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by LagosShia: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2011
[size=14pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?[/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter,  But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful,  If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them,  (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them,  for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by vedaxcool(m): 12:08am On Sep 06, 2011
dejgan:

I dont know how influential this cleric is but I think he makes a whole lot of sense. what has the sultan, the number one moslem in nigeria done about boko haram? the sultan's word is the last about the sighting of the moon for all moslems in nigeria why cant he use the same influence on the boko haram issue, again I say, boko haram is a political agitation of a few selfish northerners using religion (the opium of the poor,jobless, uneducated) as a tool for this agitation.

I will like to advise you to follow the News more often as the Sultan has condemed the Boko Haram palava as UnIslamic etc. Just like our Foolish President GEJ, you pretend to know those who are using Boko Haram, I say why don't you inform the SSS so that we can get rid of this selfish politicians in the North using Boko Haram. I wonder when Jonathan Africa Most Incompetent President would name those that are behindthe oct 1st bombing whom he claimed to know, you see people like you make it easy for the greatest imbe-cile in living history to get away with his unquantifiable ineptitude.

dejgan:

The matter is above that street tout in CAN and the Sultan, it is very clear that we have political leaders and we must call upon them to fulfill their duty, again sir since you know those who are controlling Boko Haram I beg you inform the authorities and Help us tell the Greatest Imbecil-e in living memory to also tell us what he knows of this bombings.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:42pm On Sep 06, 2011
frosbel:

smh ur truely an hypocrite
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by Onyocha: 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
i think this thread should be on the front page of nairaland to satisfy all the hypocrites who love bashing muslims and provoking them.or is it only threads that are controversial and aim to provoke muslims that make to the front page?
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by ayusman16(m): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2011
Do people provoke Islam or Islam supports evil?

Have u ever asked yourself why all these things are being said against Christianity, Budha, Hindu and other religions? Why Islam?
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by LagosShia: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2011
ayusman16:

Do people provoke Islam or Islam supports evil?

Have u ever asked yourself why all these things are being said against Christianity, Budha, Hindu and other religions? Why Islam?

the power of the media and the ignorance of people that refuse to reason and allow themselves to be deceived.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by Finecat(m): 2:59am On Sep 12, 2011
Islam is the world's major problem. There is no where in the world where you find islam that you will find peace. Nigeria is now just finding that reality out.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by lagcity(m): 4:17am On Sep 12, 2011
this cleric isn't condemning boko haram. he is saying that boko haram doesn't exist and that americans are carrying out the bombings to discredit Islam. this guy is a madman not a cleric.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 12, 2011
ULSHERLAN:

wow am highly impressed by his word, dis are words of WISDOM, nice one and may ALLAH bless u

huh where? You must be commenting on another thread . . .
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by ShipIt(m): 5:02am On Sep 12, 2011
I'm glad that for once a prominent muslim cleric has come out to condemn the violence that is perpetrated in the name of Islam. Despite his strong and aggressive allegations, he makes plenty of sense. If I were him, I'd neglect to call specific names until I had further proof but I respect him for speaking out all the same. He is so very right about other prominent Muslims who are keeping silent just to protect their worldly positions.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by phuckNL: 5:34am On Sep 12, 2011
ayusman16:

I wish all Muslims can be like the Yoruba Muslims. They are peaceful, God fearing, tolerant and co-exist. They shun all kinds of vices and love you irrespective of your religion. The Imam/Islamic Teacher in my neighborhood mosque is an example.

Not possible. The reason Yoruba muslims are peaceful is because they embrace western education. Northern counterparts on the other hand, abohr western education. It is really simple. If the northern counterparts embrace civilization and stop hating western education (thereby reducing their illiteracy levels), they would just be like their yoruba counterparts. We know that is not gonna happen in our lifetime anyway.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by mazaje(m): 5:47am On Sep 12, 2011
The cleric is crazy, he believes for some weird reasons that boko haram doesn't exist and the USA is behind the bombings to ridicule islam and make muslims look bad. . . . Instead of calling a spade a spade he is busy calling it a spoon. . . . .
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by igboboy1(m): 5:57am On Sep 12, 2011
muslims are funny i swear, na so dem deny say no be dem do 9/11

now this guy dey say no be muslim dey do all this bombings for north, wetin people don confirm yet una go dey say oh na America, oh na Israel undecided

Instead of rejecting these dastardly acts he is busy saying it is america/west that did it not muslim,
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by onyengbu: 7:16am On Sep 12, 2011
It is shocking that people who has read this same crazy postulation from this sheik are claiming that he condemned boko haram.
Please tell me how he did that. Or are we not reading the same report?

It simply proves one thing: they know that no prominent islamic figure has condemned boko haram and they are lookin for anything that resembles condemnation.

Tell me people, what is the muslim umma (hope its correct) afraid of as regards boko haram?
ShipIt:

I'm glad that for once a prominent muslim cleric has come out to condemn the violence that is perpetrated in the name of Islam. Despite his strong and aggressive allegations, he makes plenty of sense. If I were him, I'd neglect to call specific names until I had further proof but I respect him for speaking out all the same. He is so very right about other prominent Muslims who are keeping silent just to protect their worldly positions.
[/quote

Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by deadie(m): 7:39am On Sep 12, 2011
Blame it on America syndrome. When did your illiterate almajris trained in Sudan and Somalia get their American citizenship? F'ng religious mo.ron.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2011
lagcity:

this cleric isn't condemning boko haram. he is saying that boko haram doesn't exist and that americans are carrying out the bombings to discredit Islam. this guy is a madman not a cleric.
You need to go back and learn what the christendom crusade in all about.Your post shows you don't know the tussle that have existed between christainity and islam.If you want to learn more,look up the process of civilization of europe in the middle ages !
Finecat:

Islam is the world's major problem. There is no where in the world where you find islam that you will find peace. Nigeria is now just finding that reality out.
Did you actually think the pope was happy with the secularism that have taken over christainity ? Funny part is that most christains don't know shiz about the history of their religion that have also wrecked on europe.btw,i will direct you to look up reformation led by martin luther and the counter-reformation.come back and tell me if there was pecae in europe when christainity was spreading !
onye_ngbu*:

It is shocking that people who has read this same crazy postulation from this sheik are claiming that he condemned boko haram.
Please tell me how he did that. Or are we not reading the same report?

It simply proves one thing: they know that no prominent islamic figure has condemned boko haram and they are lookin for anything that resembles condemnation.

Tell me people, what is the muslim umma (hope its correct) afraid of as regards boko haram?

Boko haram is just a political just like al-qaeda.it has nothing to do with islam !
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by showstopa: 8:00am On Sep 12, 2011
I thought he made some sense but for the mere reason that he thinks its America that is bombing Nigeria has let me understand that beneath all the every every,he is still a clown of some sort.
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2011
showstopa:

I thought he made some sense but for the mere reason that he thinks its America that is bombing Nigeria has let me understand that beneath all the every every,he is still a clown of some sort.
America has openly showed her support for the jewish state of israel in palesthine territory just because of some biblical stuff that the reclamation of palesthine land is based upon.persecution is a normal thing when it comes to religion supremacy !
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by MosD: 8:12am On Sep 12, 2011
This man whatever he calls himself is definately high on drug or alomo. American doing the bombings in d name oe boko haram? The highest form of irresponsibility is not accepting responsibility. U better call ur people to order
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by AfroBlue(m): 8:36am On Sep 12, 2011
[b]The truth must be told.

Nigeria: Boko Haram Creation of the West -- Zakzaky

Agaju Madugba 6 September 2011

LEADER of Muslim Brotherhood Movement in Nigeria popularly called Shiites, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, has reviewed the activities of Boko Haram in the country insisting that the whole idea is designed by the Western World with the sole motive of re-colonizing not only Nigeria but the entire African continent.

"We know that they (the West) have said that this century and the past century are the centuries of Africa where there is going to be the second scramble for Africa, so West have their eyes on Africa because the resources needed for the development of these worlds are in Africa, particularly in Nigeria and for this reason, all these nations have their eyes here," Zakzaky said at the weekend when his group organized a Sallah Feast to mark the end of the Muslim Holy month of Ramadan, in Zaria.

He regretted that programme may succeed due to what he described as the selfishness of Nigeria's leaders and some other citizens.

Zakzaky said, "It appears that people are more interested in themselves, which will make them more easily to be used as agents by those who are interested in our resources.

"Unfortunately here too, we do not have what I might call viable ideas controlling us, rather we have individual ego for own self comfort.

"This will make them easy prey as agents who will be used to tap our resources. So, the problem is that someone has a programme to turn us into Somalia and this is what they have said.

"And on the other side, we are people who mind what might come our way. They only think of their individual selves.

"So, it is time we think of the nation and we think of the future of the nation. I am not giving the solution, I am asking you to think."Boko Haram is part of the whole idea of occupying this country and perhaps there is a division within the Nigerian security, not known in the society.

"It is only an operation within the security and perhaps, it is also part of the gimmick for those who wish to occupy this country.

"Who is causing the insecurity? Is not the same government? The security operators have a wing which causes insecurity, so they are the facilitators of this, and I believe that they are working for those who are interested in occupying this country and the occupation of this country is on the agenda of the outside society."A representative of Governor Patrick Yakowa at the ceremony, Rev. John Hayab, who is also government's Special Adviser of Religious Affairs, told reporters that Nigerians, if united, have the capacity to puncture the agenda.

According to him, "the trouble we have is our self-inflicted problem, the reason simply is that we have refused to recognize and appreciate that God created us the same and that we must live together as brothers and sisters.

"We must live together as the people of the same country and if anybody comes to intrude he cannot find a ground because of the bond of unity that exists among us.

"But when we continue to live in division, when we continue to live as if we are enemies of one another, then it gives room for an enemy to quickly penetrate and enter.

"The impression we give out is as if we are in a state of war but when we have reason to meet like this is a good impression of peace among us.

"I listened to the message Malam Zakzaky presented, the message was neither an exclusive Islamic message nor exclusive Christian message.

"It was a message of truth from God because one of the things he said which is destroying our community is that people are living a life of selfishness.

"If we can eradicate this, then those who are coming to use this problem to take Nigeria's resources will have no ground because both the Hausa and the non-Hausa people will unite and chase them away.

"The Muslims and the Christians, the non-Muslims and the non-Christians will unite and chase them away."[/b]
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by showstopa: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2011
@Bluetooth Sweetheart,
I do not give a hoot about Isreal or Palestine or America indeed.
The matter at Hand is Boko Haram, and while I believe that there may be some iota of political connections in it,it is simply a muslim something. So all the talk of America et al is utter crap. I still don't understand why the Moslems blame everything on America.However this is a NIgerian problem, so bleep America. Moslems are just too heartless for me liking.They shoul dbe sentence to an entire lifetime of education(the illiterates) I mean.Why do they feel the need to convert everybody? isit by force?
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by showstopa: 8:39am On Sep 12, 2011
And needless to say, the "Americans" will take your oil wether you live in peace or you fight so why make it difficult for themselves.maybe someone with a better of understanding will tell it to me.
I also know it was the Americans that have been killing Christians in the nOrth for a long time. I once saw a CIA agent sneaking out one night. Idiots
Re: "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 12, 2011
Yoruba Muslims are peaceful because their culture is the most civilized in Africa perhaps the world. The violence in Islam is a carry on from the base Arab social culture that produced the 'religion'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Not Sell What You Don’t Have / Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots / The Land Of Karbala In The Words Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.