Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive (19289 Views)

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2008
dayokanu:

Rap is really watery nowadays with Luda and those comedians

Eminems Marshall Matters LP and Slim Shady were awesome

JayZ's Life and Time of Sean carter, and Blueprint 1 were classics

I would have said its a straight fight between Jay Z and Em But Renegade decides it. (Em murdered Jay on his own shit like Nas said on Ether)

Nas is not consistent Stillmatic and Illmatic 2 Phat albums in 15 years Nigga I can't divide Like Jay said.

Cannibal or what? why not Wyclef, Pras or John Forte

Jay bites a lot from Biggie!! Thats a FACT

Touche. . . . . . .

How can anyone say Eminem is hyped because he is white??
What are SNOW, Vanilla Ice, MC Search, Cypress Hill and House Of Pain?? Are they Yorubas??
Eminem MURDERED Jay-Z on renegade. . . . . .U can tell they don't even belong to the same class.

Jay-Z is good but then for anyone to say he is better than Em because he's got money is total hogwash.
Eminem rules the roost out there. . . . .Next to Em comes Nas then maybe Jay(talking about Mainstream rappers here) not underground cats.
Someone even mentioned L''il Wayne. . . . Puhleeeease.
Just because he raps and sound like Yoruba witchdoctors does not make him dope. grin grin
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by A40(m): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2008
Comparing EM and Hov on just one song does not cut it for me why not match them album for album and lets see who is better are we talking about an EM off since 2002?
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2008
A-40:

Comparing EM and Hov on just one song does not cut it for me why not match them album for album and lets see who is better are we talking about an EM off since 2002?

Em didn't go off since 2002!!!
"Encore" album is still loads better than "The Black Album", "Kingdom Come", "American Gangster" and "Volume 3: Life n Times Of S.Carter".
What about his works with Fiddy, D12(D12 World) and the REUP album??

Go to youtube and listen to "We're Back" on THE REUP album and tell me either Jigga or Nas can rip through a song with such venom!!!
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by kaydee(m): 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2008
Suddenly,everybody is now a hip-hop head grin grin grin
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by romeo(m): 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2008
It looks like we have a whole bunch of kiddies discussing rap music here! Hip hop died with the 90's(89-97) angry and Eminem was still dreaming of becoming a rap star by then,

His skin colour and Dr Dre made him a celebrity, I live in a country where 90% of the populace do not understand a word in English but they will tell you Eminem is the best rapper anytime (pure sentiment). Brother Ali is a more serious rapper lyrically than eminem but he doesn't hang with Dre, too bad for him smiley

Nas is leagues ahead of Eminem in the world of rap music, it hurts me to see kids comparing a rap legend (Nas) and a "TV commercial" rapper like eminem.

Don't let the mainstream media controlled by white people to brainwash you guys into believing this crap!

Tupac is still the highest selling rap artist in the US and not eminem.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2008
romeo:

It looks like we have a whole bunch of kiddies discussing rap music here! Hip hop died with the 90's(89-97) angry and Eminem was still dreaming of becoming a rap star by then,

His skin colour and Dr Dre made him a celebrity, I live in a country where 90% of the populace do not understand a word in English but they will tell you Eminem is the best rapper anytime (pure sentiment). Brother Ali is a more serious rapper lyrically than eminem but he doesn't hang with Dre, too bad for him smiley

Nas is leagues ahead of Eminem in the world of rap music, it hurts me to see kids comparing a rap legend (Nas) and a "TV commercial" rapper like eminem.

Don't let the mainstream media controlled by white people to brainwash you guys into believing this crap!

Tupac is still the highest selling rap artist in the US and not eminem.

And u had to contradict yourself. . . . .
What has album sales gotta do with a rapper's brilliance??
Nas is a dope rapper. . . . . .He is DEEP with mad ass poetry and delivery.
Eminem on the other hand is savvy, more rhymes, more catchy with an amazing breath control and nasal high-speed flow of lyrics.
Cheese n Rice. . . . . .Have u guys forgotten 50 cent's "Patiently Waiting"?? That is wordplay/complexity at its very best.
After BIG n 2pac comes Eminem.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by A40(m): 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2008
~Sauron~:

Em didn't go off since 2002!!!
"Encore" album is still loads better than "The Black Album", "Kingdom Come", "American Gangster" and "Volume 3: Life n Times Of S.Carter".
What about his works with Fiddy, D12(D12 World) and the REUP album??

Go to youtube and listen to "We're Back" on THE REUP album and tell me either Jigga or Nas can rip through a song with such venom!!!
Thats a white-hot lie lets compare them track for track what kind of heresy are you spewing here?
The Black Album with songs like December 4th,Allure,P.S.A,99 Problems,What more can i say,Encore
Kingdom Come: Interlude,Minority Report,Lost Ones,Beach Chair,30 somethings,Do you wanna ride

How could you even compare Encore with American Gangster tori Olorun shocked

Eminem has gone downhill since The Eminem Show any astute rap/hip-hop observer will easily point that out to you
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by A40(m): 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2008
Then you go on to even compare him to Nas very amusing
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2008
What has Hov been doing since blueprint It would be better if he had died after that .

All he has been doing since is remembering us about Biggie,  Biting lyrics like his life depended on it.

Jay has gone down since Blueprint
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2008
dayokanu:

What has Hov been doing since blueprint It would be better if he had died after that .

All he has been doing since is remembering us about Biggie,   Biting lyrics like his life depended on it.

Jay has gone down since Blueprint

Dayokanu, i am impressed!!!

See what A40 is telling us here. . . . . .
ENCORE that had "Mosh", "One Shot 2 Shot", "Rain Man", "Encore title track", "Spend Some Time" and the ever controversial "We As Americans"??
Jeeeez. . . . . Don't even put Jay-Z on this list. . . With tracks like "Show Me What U Got" and "Blue Magic"?? Puh-leeeeeease.

Without a doubt, "ENCORE" was a bit softer than his previous albums but then people were starting to complain he was getting monotonous.
What about his works with Slimshady/Aftermath artistes?? Obie Trice(Cheers and 2nd round's one me) 50 cent in THE MASSACRE.
Have u listened to "D12 WORLD"??
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by romeo(m): 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2008
~Sauron~:

And u had to contradict yourself. . . . .
What has album sales gotta do with a rapper's brilliance??

Nas is a dope rapper. . . . . .He is DEEP with mad ass poetry and delivery.
Eminem on the other hand is savvy, more rhymes, more catchy with an amazing breath control and nasal high-speed flow of lyrics.
Cheese n Rice. . . . . .Have u guys forgotten 50 cent's "Patiently Waiting"?? That is wordplay/complexity at its very best.
After BIG n 2pac comes Eminem.

ohh i forgot the topic said best rapper alive!! my bad

pac shouldn't have come in the first place if i had paid more attention to the topic embarassed

Eminem was good and i am waiting for his forthcoming album later in the year  (that will be a total flop) to nail him for good,

After listening to 4,5,6 by kool G Rap (even though violent), I came to realize that the best rappers are not celebrated accordingly.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 11:23pm On Oct 15, 2008
romeo:

ohh i forgot the topic said best rapper alive!! my bad

pac shouldn't have come in the first place if i had paid more attention to the topic embarassed

Eminem was good and i am waiting for his forthcoming album later in the year  (that will be a total flop) to nail him for good,

After listening to 4,5,6 by kool G Rap (even though violent), I came to realize that the best rappers are not celebrated accordingly.

Don't count on that!!!

Eminem works very hard and the way he puts his words across is top draw.
After the ENCORE album in 2004, i also felt he had gone off the boil then came THE REUP.
The 2nd track(We are Back) is the best ever vocal on a rap beat!!!!
Ohhhh Ma Gawwwwwd. . . . . . .The way Eminem ripped through the first verse can only be compared to SEX.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by A40(m): 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2008
~Sauron~:

Dayokanu, i am impressed!!!

See what A40 is telling us here. . . . . .
ENCORE that had "Mosh", "One Shot 2 Shot", "Rain Man", "Encore title track", "Spend Some Time" and the ever controversial "We As Americans"??
Jeeeez. . . . . Don't even put Jay-Z on this list. . . With tracks like "Show Me What U Got" and "Blue Magic"?? Puh-leeeeeease.

Without a doubt, "ENCORE" was a bit softer than his previous albums but then people were starting to complain he was getting monotonous.
What about his works with Slimshady/Aftermath artistes?? Obie Trice(Cheers and 2nd round's one me) 50 cent in THE MASSACRE.
Have u listened to "D12 WORLD"??

Obie what? D12 please don't bring those guys to the equation some of EM's worst and better forgotten works have been done with those clowns i listened to D12 World,Devils Night and the whole shebang what is the biggie?

Eminem is the king of those whack and watered down tracks don't even go there with songs like Yellow brick road,Ass like that(who can forget that silly song) Shake that ass(heck he even made Nate Dogg sound whack)

@dayokanu
Au contraire Mon Frere post-blueprint Hov has not been doing so badly compared with his other rap counterparts and this is where he edges it as the Best Rapper Alive go and listen to his guest appearances and tell me again that Jigga has fallen off.The Biggie lyrics he bit where on and before Black Album he has not used any Biggie lines since all i will ask you is show me one rapper that has not stolen lines beat or a hook and i would show you a black NHL player
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by scorpio1(m): 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2008
F*ck VibE!!!!, so wat happened to Notorious B.I.G,Tupac and d Outlawz(Saddam,idi-amin,hussein) and ma good old for shizzy Doggy-Father,
Then Talkin about ma nigga Warren G or The Chronic Dr D-R-E,
Ok,let me come to new school.he can'e beat TWISTA or haven't you heard the group called ICONZ,
Aaaaw,i almost forgot------BnH(wishbone and co.)
Meeeen,Eminem is great anyday but he can't be the best alive,
Am out!
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by dayokanu(m): 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2008
How much of Biggies rhymes is gon come out of your fat lips is one of my favorite rap lines.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 11:39pm On Oct 15, 2008
A-40:

Obie what? D12 please don't bring those guys to the equation some of EM's worst and better forgotten works have been done with those clowns i listened to D12 World,Devils Night and the whole shebang what is the biggie?

Devils Night was wack for you?? Jeeeeeeeeeeeez.
Have u heard "I Shit On You", "American Psycho", "Revelation" and "Shit Can Happen"?
My dayze. . . . . There's no Jigga/Nas track better than "I Shit On You".

Eminem is the king of those whack and watered down tracks don't even go there with songs like Yellow brick road,Ass like that(who can forget that silly song) Shake that ass(heck he even made Nate Dogg sound whack)

"Shake That" didn't come out as a studio album.
It was a compilation he made on his GREATEST HITS. . . . .He was just clowning with em songs.
"Ass Like That" are for the frail hearteds. . . . .He has to satisfy ALL his fans. . . .This is why they make commercial singles for the radio.
The hardcore ones are for "rap heads" like you and i. . . . . .Go and listen to "One Shot Two Shot" or "Encore" featuring Fiddy n Dr Dre.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by sydney01(m): 11:41pm On Oct 15, 2008
Eminem,edris or whatever crap, WEEZY is on the WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!! just live a day like the pig under his sink!!
HIP HOP is alive dont worry he's got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by sydney01(m): 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2008
weezyyyyyyyyyyyy!!u!rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by A40(m): 12:03am On Oct 16, 2008
~Sauron~:

Have u heard "I Shit On You", "American Psycho", "Revelation" and "Shit Can Happen"?

"Shake That" didn't come out as a studio album.
It was a compilation he made on his GREATEST HITS. . . . .He was just clowning with em songs.
"Ass Like That" are for the frail hearteds. . . . .He has to satisfy ALL his fans. . . .This is why they make commercial singles for the radio.
The hardcore ones are for "rap heads" like you and i. . . . . .Go and listen to "One Shot Two Shot" or "Encore" featuring Fiddy n Dr Dre.
I shit on you?i can even manage Instigator but I shit on you shocked is that the song any sane person should be feeling? comparing the works of Jigga and Nas to Eminem and D12 Chineke meh!!
Go and listen to Twenty two-two's talkless of their guest appearances you gotta be joking

Yeah Encore was good i agree but it was not a fantastic song just ok!
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by kaypumpin2(m): 12:40am On Oct 16, 2008
@sauron

not forgetting the his lyrical savvy and dexterity in the Fred Durst butcher song which came as a bonus track in the devil's night album.

And classics like Devils night and blow my buzz.Em's got it,but best alive,controversial.

Wonder y peeps are mentionin Pac and Biggie though,topic says best alive
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by kojeiwa(m): 12:56am On Oct 16, 2008
@Sauron

I am amazed how you are obsessed with Em, I bet you were still a little kid during jay-Z and Nas era, if not you won't

be arguing with us that have listened to rap music since the late 80's till now. When they say Jay-Z and Nas should

have been voted the best rap legend alive, they know what they are saying.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by kaydee(m): 2:26am On Oct 16, 2008
~Sauron~:

Now this is why i get mad when people talk with pride bout something they know lil or nothing bout! Hey man,stop saying stuffs that will reveal your ignorance,just say the ones you're very sure of.Aight?

Now back to that "I shit on you" track he did with those D12 zombies,what made you believe that track is the best Hip-Hop song of all time tongue tongue tongue Lol!!! I no fit shout! Even Royce's version is better than their whole shizzle combined.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by AdamuW: 8:20am On Oct 16, 2008
I just thought I'd mention KRS One. I don't know what criteria the vote was based on (record sales, impact on industry, skills etc). And god knows who voted. I was reading the thread for fun but almost got sad that someone of KRS One's pedigree hasn't been mentioned once.

So I thought I'd just put his name down on the list of greatest rappers alive. I hate to see people of his calibre forgotten or ignored just because they didn't take a particular path.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by sylve11: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2008
kaydee:

Now this is why i get mad when people talk with pride bout something they know little or nothing bout! Hey man,stop saying stuffs that will reveal your ignorance,just say the ones you're very sure of.Aight?

Now back to that "I shit on you" track he did with those D12 zombies,what made you believe that track is the best Hip-Hop song of all time tongue tongue tongue Lol!!! I no fit shout! Even Royce's version is better than their whole shizzle combined.

oboy good talk

scorpio1:

F*ck VibE!!!!, so what happened to Notorious B.I.G,Tupac and d Outlawz(Saddam,idi-amin,hussein) and ma good old for shizzy Doggy-Father,
Then Talkin about ma nigga Warren G or The Chronic Dr D-R-E,
Ok,let me come to new school.he can'e beat TWISTA or haven't you heard the group called ICONZ,
Aaaaw,i almost forgot------BnH(wishbone and co.)
Meeeen,Eminem is great anyday but he can't be the best alive,
Am out!

my brother good yans.

to me there are many good rappers out there better than eminem, lets be sincere. to me i will still live to vote the dogg father (snoop dogg) to eminem, he's good agreed, but not the best living rapper: Bleep that talk, Bleep the media.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by chamotex(m): 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2008
Thats what i've been saying, im an eminem fan but he's not the best rapper alive. The vote was prolly based on Album sales and stuff. Em is up there but not the best.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by chamotex(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2008
samesame:

i don't think eminem deserves it. there way too many talented rappers out there. wheres nas, jay z, pdiddy and the likes. eminem is one of the best but not the best.

Dude, what is you smoking? grin grin grin grin mentioning Diddy.

Even someone that listens to Akpala wouldn't say that. You must be a comedian.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Moyola(f): 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2008
lol. . . .
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Blackcat(f): 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2008
blacks start rock and roll oyinbo steal am,
blacks start jazz oyinbo steal,
blacks start RnB oyinbo steal am,
blacks start blues oyinbo steal am,
blacks start rap oyinbo steal am,

na only ragae and ragamuffin remain make dem for steal. if nobi say patua hard to learn and to swing waste like black girl hard dem for don steal those two join

black people na witch dem do una wey when oyinbo steal una land (apartheid), steal human being join(slavery and brain drain) steal so tay una colour sef dem de steal (tan) de go una still de support dem.

Anybody wey say eminem na de best rapper alive make satan claim him soul fast fast lipsrsealed
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by BOSS7: 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2008
Wordsmith

Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive
« #7 on: October 13, 2008, 09:38 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Canibus dey there, Kweli dey there, Common dey there, Jadakiss dey there, Rakim dey there, ROFL, NaS dey there, them no pick those ones, na Eminem them pick. No b say i no gbadun am, but eminem- best rapper alive ke?

, Wordsmith
This dude above is the only guy on here that I can say has posted something worthy, the rest of you guys mentioning Nas, Jigga and the likes in the same line as Em don't know Jack Shit about hip hop but oh well, keep listening to that lollipop shit.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by romeo(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2008
~Sauron~:

Abomination shocked shocked shocked Chineke naputa ekwensu ike!! " I Shit On You" is wack
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by dawhizkid1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2008
[b][b]for all those who are condemning Em, i bet on my life you don't know rap music. If you ask for my opinion i would say Em deserves it.

and for those talking bout he rp about notin but his daughter and ex - wife, think again. listen to songs like ''Sing for the Moment". check out his story telling skills in tracks like ''Stan'' and check out his words play in ''we're back'' and ''no apologies''. i bet if you listen to these songs you ll have a rethink.

, Eminem is the best Rapper alive. signed and seal.
DIS IS DA- WHIZKID
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by romeo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2008
da-whizkid:

[b][b]for all those who are condemning Em, i bet on my life you don't know rap music. If you ask for my opinion i would say Em deserves it.

and for those talking bout he rp about notin but his daughter and ex - wife, think again. listen to songs like ''Sing for the Moment". check out his story telling skills in tracks like ''Stan'' and check out his words play in ''we're back'' and ''no apologies''. i bet if you listen to these songs you ll have a rethink.

, Eminem is the best Rapper alive. signed and seal.
this IS DA- WHIZKID

too many little kids posting here angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Old School Naija Songs / Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video / I Did Not Sign Whitemoney - Banky W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.