Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Fatherhood Of Jesus ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fatherhood Of Jesus ! (5311 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
It has often been said that Mary conceived without a Man and gave birth to Jesus, but I am beginning to doubt certain parts of this story for the following reasons :

1. Jesus was to come from the seed of David which means from the lineage of his fleshly descendants , if God was his father, how could this have been fulfilled.

2. Paul makes not one mention of this supposed miraculous and major event even though it has been established that many of his letters precede most of the gospels, why ?

3. None of the apostles mentioned this in their letters or sermons , why ?

4. The books of Luke and Matthew contain conflicting accounts of this event, why ?

5. Is it not an abomination to suggest that God made Mary pregnant ? I am really beginning to have a problem with this.

6. I have read a lot of articles from Jewish sites and they see this as an abomination and almost laughable, should they not be the ones to know more about this ?

7. No other gospel mentions this story even Mark which is the oldest gospel, why ?

Help me please people !

Thanks and please let us keep this civil.

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
You keep pushing this, Frosbel, you're going to lose your faith.

2 Likes

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
Apatheist: You keep pushing this, Frosbel, you're going to lose your faith.

Not at all, I am returning to the true faith.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

Not at all, I am returning to the true faith.
Which is?
We all are born agnostic -atheist

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
Apatheist:
Which is?
We all are born agnostic -atheist

The faith of Abraham who is the father of all nations.

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Rilwayne001: 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

The faith of Abraham who is the father of all nations.
Your ancestors were millennia before "Abraham '
There were countless cultures before Abraham. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
Apatheist:
Your ancestors were millennia before "Abraham '
There were countless cultures before Abraham. undecided

Faith of Abraham which was established through Christ Jesus as the blessing for all mankind.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
Lool. Funny OP. You still wanna remain in the faith of Abraham right?.

Wasn't it written in Torah(old testament) that a virgin will conceive without knowing a man? undecided

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

Faith of Abraham which was established through Christ Jesus as the blessing for all mankind.
By who?
Why Abraham?
Why Jesus?
The people that didn't know Abraham and Jesus weren't blessed?
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony: Lool. Funny OP. You still wanna remain in the faith of Abraham right?.

Wasn't it written in Torah(old testament) that a virgin will conceive without knowing a man? undecided

One comment in Isaiah 7:14 which actually was fulfilled also in the Old Testament and according to scholars the word Virgin was actually dubiously translated and should mean young woman.

If I am wrong please help me understand better.

Thanks.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony: Lool. Funny OP. You still wanna remain in the faith of Abraham right?.

The Torah is not the Old Testament
It is at best the Pentateuch(Books of Moses) The first 5 books of the Bible
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

One comment in Isaiah 7:14 which actually was fulfilled also in the Old Testament and according to scholars the word Virgin was actually dubiously translated and should mean young woman.

If I am wrong please help me understand better.

Thanks.

But, Mary possessed the two quality.

She was a virgin and also a young woman. Either way! True or false?
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by twosquare(m): 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
^^^ ... Better leave Frosbel alone, i know what is at work....operation of seducing spirits....take heed.

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
twosquare: ^^^ ... Better leave Frosbel alone, i know what is at work....operation of seducing spirits....take heed.

Forget about me , how would you explain it if a baby believe or unbeliever were to ask the same question ?
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel: It has often been said that Mary conceived without a Man and gave birth to Jesus, but I am beginning to doubt certain parts of this story for the following reasons :
you're doubting God's word? To hell with you!

Does not Scripture say that the Messiah will come from David's descendants and from Bethlehem, the town where David lived?"
John 7:42

1. Jesus was to come from the seed of David which means from the lineage of his fleshly descendants , if God was his father, how could this have been fulfilled.
The Buy-bull says it is true! It must be true! /s
Sarcasm aside, This Jewish article corroborates your belief.

2. Paul makes not one mention of this supposed miraculous and major event even though it has been established that many of his letters precede most of the gospels, why ?

3. None of the apostles mentioned this in their letters or sermons , why ?
The apostles didn't mention EVERYTHING, and the Bible is incomplete. Who knows, the Catholic Church might have removed them if it contradicts their dogma. Also:

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
John 21:25

4. The books of Luke and Matthew contain conflicting accounts of this event, why ?
Like all religious books supposedly "inspired by god" the Buy-bull contradicts itself in many places

5. Is it not an abomination to suggest that God made Mary pregnant ? I am really beginning to have a problem with this.
Catholic dogma: it was the Holy spirit. What I think happened : Mary cheated on Joseph, got knocked up, and claimed an "angel" visited.

6. I have read a lot of articles from Jewish sites and they see this as an abomination and almost laughable, should they not be the ones to know more about this ?
I tire too. The thing be say the Jews don't even believe in what most African Christians do. Hell, half of them are atheist!

7. No other gospel mentions this story even Mark which is the oldest gospel, why ?
Same thing the Jewish article said.

Help me please people !

Thanks and please let us keep this civil.

Still atheist, wanted to try the other side of the spectrum. tongue

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by twosquare(m): 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

Forget about me , how would you explain it if a baby believe or unbeliever were to ask the same question ?
forget about you in the sense that you shouldn't be taken serious.........and about those nonsense scholars who haven't journeyed in the Spirit;i say forget about them...... God is too powerful,my ways are not your ways....nor my thoughts,your thoughts......the Scriptures says so and it is so, it takes faith to move with Him;not reason.
That apart,have u ever pondered: I am the root and offspring of David. This is cute; i gave birth to David,so that he can give birth to Me.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
twosquare: forget about you in the sense that you shouldn't be taken serious.........and about those nonsense scholars who haven't journeyed in the Spirit;i say forget about them...... God is too powerful,my ways are not your ways....nor my thoughts,your thoughts......the Scriptures says so and it is so, it takes faith to move with Him;not reason.
That apart,have u ever pondered: I am the root and offspring of David. This is cute; i gave birth to David,so that he can give birth to Me.
Rants and rambling.
You didn't answer his question. undecided
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Frosbel, you are better off as a Deist.

2 Likes

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
JerryBerry: Frosbel, you are better off as a Deist.
He's still vacillating between Deism, agnosticism, and liberal Christianity.
He'll settle soon.

2 Likes

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
Apatheist:
He's still vacillating between Deism, agnosticism, and liberal Christianity.
He'll settle soon.

None of the above, I am a follower of the WAY, i.e I follow the same gospel that Yeshua and Paul preached, not the mythological religion called Christianity.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

None of the above, I am a follower of the WAY, i.e I follow the same gospel that Yeshua and Paul preached, not the mythological religion called Christianity.
Yeshua (Joshua) was a Jew.
Paul was a Christian. You owe a lot of (backward) Christian dogma to him.

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
Apatheist:
Yeshua (Joshua) was a Jew.
Paul was a Christian. You owe a lot of (backward) Christian dogma to him.

Paul never called himself a Christian and strangely never once used this to refer to any of the early church believers.

Yes , Yeshua was a Jew.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by twosquare(m): 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

Paul never called himself a Christian and strangely never once used this to refer to any of the early church believers.

Yes , Yeshua was a Jew.
i know you yearn to enter the ancient paths but you got to be careful, or you fall into much error...spirits will take advantage of you....relax, it is not by research...it is by the Seven Spirits of God.......you won't pass.....pray to Him.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

Yes , Yeshua was a Jew.

Who are bible Christians? Let the Bible speak.

(Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16)
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

Yes , Yeshua was a Jew.

Christian means "follower of Christ"
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." --Acts 11:26

Paul was a Christian
" "Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf."
-- 1 Peter 4:16

[quote]"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
"
1 Corinthians 11:1

Since you agree that Yeshua was a Jew, and Paul, a Christian, you realize you contradicted yourself here.
Frosbel:
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Only one genuine response from an atheist

Brethren, please help me with this dilemma.

Thanks.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
Apatheist:

Christian means "follower of Christ"

Let's leave this for another day and to avoid derailment. I am still waiting for answers related to the topic.

Thanks.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

Let's leave this for another day and to avoid derailment. I am still waiting for answers related to the topic.

Thanks.
grin

I answered you already.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
Apatheist:
grin

I answered you already.

Indeed , I meant answers from others !
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by nep2ra(m): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
Frosbel,

If you want answers to some questions bothering you about the fraud called Christianity, check out : www.jesusneverexisted.com

2 Likes

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
Some more scripture to ponder ;

"concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh" - Romans 1 :3

"But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law" - Galatians 4:4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chronicles Of The Greatness Of Olumba Olumba Obu / My Visit To Leader O. O. Obu By Dr. Bazie Of India / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.