Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

How To Achieve Better Communication Skills - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Achieve Better Communication Skills (23322 Views)

Sexual Communication: Easier Said Than Done - How Can You Tell Your Partner? / Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams / Open Communication In Marriage, A Plus Or Minus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Daronyk(f): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2014
Interesting, the wife is calm and understands all of the man
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by TrishaP(f): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2014
zicjoe:

THE QUESTION IS

What communicative skills wud i use to gt her bck?
I think first of all you should kill the pride that's stopping you from being apologetic.

Call her for a talk, sit down one on one and address the issue and settle ur differences.

Remember, always use the word "SoRRY" it helps alot and you have to mean it.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Jovie: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2014
d story is looking kinda easy....d man is probably a little understanding for him to calm down quick. it probably isnt his custom "to dey rake for house", as Tinkybabe suggested.... nevertheless, the wife get sense wella wink

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2014
tmanuelle:

Ma'am, this means a lot to me. Thank you.
I wish some people will read between the lines.

Uw.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by zicjoe(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2014
TrishaP:
I think first of all you should kill the pride that's stopping you from being apologetic.

Call her for a talk, sit down one on one and address the issue and settle ur differences.

Remember, always use the word "SoRRY" it helps alot and you have to mean it.
k. Its nt a matter of pride tho. Gals sef. She go cum dy form one kind tin again.nice one. I wil try it.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Afeezcoay(m): 11:47am On Jul 27, 2014
Pls, dnt quit ooo am follow u lik we dey on twitter.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Karleb(m): 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
LarrySun: I go with the hand-holding and thigh-touching scenario, it can be very effective to some whose mental gadgets are still intact.

But otherwise, I just ask them to place their tender lips on my posterior and kiss it repeatedly. grin

Pervert!! angry
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
seagullbabz:

Errrhm but what happens if we are all listening and not talking too much...who does the talking then? just asking
You ll still talk.
But you only talk when needed.
It's better to 1st listen in order to process a good response.

Last Bullet

People that talk too much are called ramblers. While they are trying to talk & talk, they don't give good response.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nice
Hello Nlanders, help a brother advance to the next stage of this UN Youth competition by voting for my project here. https://www.youth-competition.org/groups/entrepreneurship-competition-2013/contests/2/1269
Thank you very much in advance.
Stay Away From Bush meat! grin
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by OMA4U(m): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
seagullbabz:

I once saw an hilarious post where girls were asked to start rubbing their boobs in front of an angry bf...that d guy wld calm down asap...
That girl would be dented with a massive slap. I swear!
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by OMA4U(m): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
zicjoe: I jus hpe im nt derailing this thread.

I broke up 5 wks ago. Really, i love dis particular gal, bt she touched da tail of a crocodile- she made me angry. This made me to type a break-up epistle wic i send 2 her. The content of d msg i send was jus nt alrite cos i was damn angry. She tried subtle ways to win me bck bt anger cudnt let me relate.

Realise lately that "you can neva run away frm dat loving gal u ar loving". Bt d problem is dat i went to far. Bt i stil love her. We chat tho, i stil cal her. Bt i doubt if she stil belive me.

THE QUESTION IS

In case you can't have her back, don't make decisions with emotions such as anger next time.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by zicjoe(m): 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
OMA4U: In case you can't have her back, don't make decisions with emotions such as anger next time.
yea i learn frm dat.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
seagullbabz:
I once saw an hilarious post where girls were asked to start rubbing their boobs in front of an angry bf...that d guy wld calm down asap...

Rubbish
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by seagullbabz(m): 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
You ll still talk.

Last Bullet

People that talk too much are called ramblers. While they are trying to talk & talk, they don't give good response.

Okay.... nice...
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by salvaged: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
Dont think with your emotions,think through your emotions.
Dont talk with emotions,talk through your emotions.
Dont act with emotions,act through your emotions

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by ogaprime(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
The day I learned that you don't v to talk too much but listen more, my life has improved.

So how do we talk less nd listen more...
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
ogaprime:
When you are conversing with someone, don't try to quickly assume you know the what the person is saying, try to listen to the end before passing your comment. Listening 1st ll give your brain enough time to process a good response.

Last Bullet

If you are someone that loves talking, you may be carried away till you disclose your secrets, private infos etc. These may be used against you.
Hope you now understand?

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
ogaprime:
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by abdulslutsky(m): 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
When you are conversing with someone, don't try to quickly assume you know the what the person is saying, try to listen to the end before passing your comment. Listening 1st ll give you brain enough time to process a good response.

Last Bullet

If you are someone that loves talking, you may be carried away till you disclose your secrets, private infos etc. These may be used against you.
Hope you now understand?
If you two decides to listen, and no one is talking much. Won't you both be pathetically boring
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by brianromel(m): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2014

I broke up 5 wks ago. Really, i love dis particular gal, bt she touched da tail of a crocodile- she made me angry. This made me to type a break-up epistle wic i send 2 her. The content of d msg i send was jus nt alrite cos i was damn angry. She tried subtle ways to win me bck bt anger cudnt let me relate.

Realise lately that "you can neva run away frm dat loving gal u ar loving". Bt d problem is dat i went to far. Bt i stil love her. We chat tho, i stil cal her. Bt i doubt if she stil belive me.

THE QUESTION IS

First of you have to realise that you may have lost her for good. Before you decide to get her back.

Apologies about what happened over and over gets annoying at times.

Best way to approach it is to ask yourself why i want her back. Why did I get so angry over what she did. If I get her back will and she does the same thing to anger me, will I react differently.

Once you considered this and decided on the the answers.

Approach her and be prepared to the process of healing. Be prepared for anything, do not rush it and don't be forceful.

One more thing, approach her as if you just met her and are wooing her again. Don't look to just slide back into where you left off. Tell her a fresh beginning is all you need.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
seagullbabz:

What do you think? Effective communication tool or not? cheesy
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
texanomaly:

What do you think? Effective communication tool or not? cheesy
I'm sure it was effective grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
abdulslutsky:
If you two decides to listen, and no one is talking much. Won't you both be pathetically boring
No. Try to get it this way:
Someone must start the conversation. The thing there is you should time yourself & take pauses while you listen to who's talking to you before making your own comment. This is a sure way for your to process good response.
Moreso, listening but not taking means it's not every dialogue you must partake in, it's not every dialogue you must reply etc.

Last Bullet

Some people always feel like talking even when they are not invited to the discussion (especially when it comes to football, politics, religion, family etc). Take for example, talks at offices. Different things comes out of it!
Hope you now understand.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by oduz: 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2014

THE QUESTION IS

Simply mail her your post, & she will tell u what & how cool
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by abdulslutsky(m): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
No. Try to get it this way:
Someone must start the conversation. The thing there is you should time yourself & take pauses while you listen to who's talking to you before making your own comment. This is a sure way for your to process good response.
Moreso, listening but not taking means it's not every dialogue you must partake in, it's not every dialogue you must reply etc.

Last Bullet

Some people always feel like talking even when they are not invited to the discussion (especially when it comes to football, politics, religion, family etc). Take for example, talks at offices. Different things comes out of it!
Hope you now understand.
Well, I understand you.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bwahaha... Only for those who can easily be intimidated. This is not for me!

Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
Jovie: d story is looking kinda easy....d man is probably a little understanding for him to calm down quick. it probably isnt his custom "to dey rake for house", as Tinkybabe suggested.... nevertheless, the wife get sense wella wink

Sometimes acknowledgement and affection is all we need.

Karleb:

Pervert!! angry

Lol. He is kidding. He's not a bad guy.

OkikiOluwa1:
You ll still talk.

Last Bullet

A good rule is to count to at least 3 before replying in any heated discussion. Always choose your words carefully.

OMA4U: In case you can't have her back, don't make decisions with emotions such as anger next time.

Time-outs are not just for kids. It's never a good idea to confront a loved one when we are angry. We say things we don't mean and regret later when we do.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
all4naija: Bwahaha... Only for those who can easily be intimidated. This is not for me!

Thank you.

What do you mean? Who is talking about intimidation?
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
texanomaly:

What do you mean? Who is talking about intimidation?
Lol... I mean I would continue to be myself and have nothing to do with following the OP's rules. Those rules are meant for those who are easily intimidated by the public perception or outlook. grin cheesy
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
all4naija: Lol... I mean I would continue to be myself and have nothing to do with following the OP's rules. Those rules are meant for those who are easily intimidated by the public perception or outlook. grin cheesy

Okay. How do you handle conflict? Are you a communicator or are you a "my way or the highway" kind of guy?
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Lanceslot(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
captcochrane:

hmmmm, i've learnt something - listen to understand, not to reply

may you long and be happy
You must know when to listen to reply and when to listen to understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Couple Who Married After 3 Weeks Of Meeting Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary / Man's 7 Children Die In Katsina Grenade Explosion / Man Narrates How He Found Out Daughter Was Not His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.