Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams (14006 Views)

I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / How To Achieve Better Communication Skills / Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to open this post. Just please continue reading the post. I promise it won't be a waste of your time. It will take you between 2-4 minutes or less to read this.

I was supposed to graduate from the university by June of this year but I had some problem with 3 of my courses which now requires me to spend 1 extra year in school. I am not the unserious type neither am I the most brilliant. I see myself as an above average student. Somethings happen and we just wonder how it happened but I see it as one of life's challenges and I rather dwell on my future rather a temporary failure.

While my mates were convocating on June 1st, I was at home crying and blaming myself for not being able to be a part of the Convocation. I found the courage to move on and I consoled myself that "it's just one year". I took up a job during the holiday so that I can be able to sponsor myself for the one year because I do not want to bother my mum, she has tried a lot. Since my dad died many years ago, she has been the only sponsoring my education.

My school resumed in August (we are not on strike) and since then I have not been able to pay my school fees because the savings from the job I did is not enough to pay the school fees which is about #99,500. The school's online payment portal has been closed almost 3 times and later re-opened with additional charges added for late payment. I see the closing and re-opening of the school portal as a blessing in disguise if I can quickly make the payment before it is finally closed.

It took me a long time to finally find the courage to write this. In as much as I know I will receive lots of negative comments/criticisms I still decided to go ahead with writing this. I know it will take a lot of convincing for any Nairalander to believe my story 100% because anybody can just sit in front of a computer and come up with a story.

I have tried every means to come up with the balance of my school fees but because help is not forthcoming that is why I resorted to this. I wouldn't have come here to solicit for help from people who I have and might never meet physically if I have any other means to raise the remaining balance.

I am willing to meet any Nairalander who is based in Lagos to verify all my school documents physically. I have my JAMB Admission Letter, School ID Card, proof of previous payments, etc.... And for anyone who might be willing to help pay the full amount, I can give such person my school payment portal username and password so that the payment can be made to my school directly online. http://payments.kwasu.edu.ng/

P.S: In as much as a university degree does not guarantee a successful life, I do not want to become a drop out because I do not want my 4 years in school to become a waste.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by pickabeau1: 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
your narrative is missing how much you have been able to raise
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
How much have you raised and how much is left?

Is Gold still the PA to KWASU VC?
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
You're quite smart. You dutifully deleted some of your old posts here and replaced them with "G and " .
How much exactly is your school fees?,not "its about 99K"
How much do you have at hand?
If this happens to be fake,the joke will soooo be on YOU.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
pickabeau1: your narrative is missing how much you have been able to raise

I have been able to raise 45,000 naira.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
bellong: How much have you raised and how much is left?

Is Gold still the PA to KWASU VC?

I have been able to raise 45,000 from my own savings. Yes, Mr Abdulrafiu Gold is still the PA to our VC.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
fineboy2:

I have been able to raise 45,000 from my own savings. Yes, Mr Abdulrafiu Gold is still the PA to our VC.

In addition to whatever help you can get here, I may be able to help you talk with them in case you don't meet the deadline. You would be given concession to pay late

3 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
O
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
bellong:

In addition to whatever help you can get here, I may be able to help you talk with them in case you don't meet the deadline. You would be given concession to pay late

If this happens to be true, I will really appreciate it because our VC is a man of his words. I was a victim of late payment when I was in 300 level. The VC insisted those of us who haven't paid won't be allowed to write the exam. This led to a protest by we students and the school was closed for almost one week. The exam went as planned and we were not allowed to write the exam though we were later invited to write it after much pleading and being made to pay 5,000 for Damages.

Thanking you in anticipation of your help Sir.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
^^^ I will discuss with someone later today and get back to you...

3 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
bellong: ^^^ I will discuss with someone later today and get back to you...
This is lovely. I would be willing to contribute when and if the OP is verified to be saying the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
bellong: ^^^ I will discuss with someone later today and get back to you...

Thank you very much Sir. Will be looking forward to hear from you.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
ifyalways:
This is lovely. I would be willing to contribute when and if the OP is verified to be saying the truth.

I appreciate your contribution so far by following up this thread. I am open to be verified by you if you so wish. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
fineboy2:

Thank you very much Sir. Will be looking forward to hear from you.

I have been calling the person but yet to get through. Will let you know as soon as I get through to him
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
Spoke with the person. Will get feedback tomorrow
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 09, 2013
bellong: Spoke with the person. Will get feedback tomorrow

Alright. Thanks very much. I pray the feedback will be positive.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2013
Good Morning.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by funkybaby(f): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
ifyalways:

same here.

@ OP
so how much do you need?
based on what i have read here, the fees is 99,500 and you have raised 45,000 already. correct?
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
funkybaby:

same here.

@ OP
so how much do you need?
based on what i have read here, the fees is 99,500 and you have raised 45,000 already. correct?

Thanks for contributing. I need 54,500 to add add to the 45,00 that I've been able to raise to make it 99,500 plus additional 10,000 for the late payment charges. Total amount needed is 64,500.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by funkybaby(f): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
fineboy2:

Thanks for contributing. I need 54,500 to add add to the 45,00 that I've been able to raise to make it 99,500 plus additional 10,000 for the late payment charges. Total amount needed is 64,500.

okay. i will give what i can once ifyalways and bellong confirm you are legit
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ayili: 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
I had a similar problem like yours but thanks to striking ASUU which gave me ample time to raise a substantial part of the fees... I had tough time telling my parents but when I finally did they got other relatives involved and in no time the money was completed even with extras... now I want to ask what about your mum/bro, do they know what you are going thru?
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
Send me a pm
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
funkybaby:

okay. i will give what i can once ifyalways and bellong confirm you are legit

OK. Thanking you in anticipation.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
ayili: I had a similar problem like yours but thanks to striking ASUU which gave me ample time to raise a substantial part of the fees... I had tough time telling my parents but when I finally did they got other relatives involved and in no time the money was completed even with extras... now I want to ask what about your mum/bro, do they know what you are going thru?

You were once in my shoes so you will understand how tough this is. My school is a new university (established in 2009) so it is not part of ASUU yet. I'm the only son of my mum. From a polygamous family. Everybody with his/her own problem. Don't want to dwell much on that aspect. Hope you understand.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
Someone should please confirm this story. I would very much like to help. You seem smart.
bellong: Send me a pm

I just did.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
OP.I'll be in Lagos on Saturday,where in Lagos are you at? I'll love to see your student id card as Bellong gets in touch with your VC's PA.
Send me a mail ifyalways at gmail
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by onegig(m): 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
Good job to all those willing to help.

Seriously ...I just hope we do something about the educational sector in this country.

No one seems to care . There are lots of people who can't afford to pay their fees and you see them falling for different things in order to raise such sums of money.

What happened to scholarships and student loans?

Most coys(e.g. Glo esp.) are busy paying wizkid et al millions for shows and endorsements . but question is what about our students?

We all can't thrive on entertainment alone. There are people who need genuine help.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
ifyalways: OP.I'll be in Lagos on Saturday,where in Lagos are you at? I'll love to see your student id card as Bellong gets in touch with your VC's PA.
Send me a mail ifyalways at gmail

I received an email from Bellong and I have sent him my details. Fortunately, I am currently in Lagos too but I will be going back to school immediately after Sallah.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
onegig: Good job to all those willing to help.

Seriously ...I just hope we do something about the educational sector in this country.

No one seems to care . There are lots of people who can't afford to pay their fees and you see them falling for different things in order to raise such sums of money.

Most coys(e.g. Glo esp.) are busy paying wizkid et al millions for shows and endorsements . but question is what about our students?

We all can't thrive on entertainment alone. There are people who need genuine help.

I appreciate your concern. This is Nigeria and our government aren't doing much to help. You can see the case of ASUU strike.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by funkybaby(f): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
onegig: Good job to all those willing to help.

Erm.... I won't be quick to blame the government on this one.

The OP's case is different. He brought this on himself. You fail your final exams =an extra year.

I'm willing to help because I know people that had an extra year at uni, some two sef that are successful and wealthy today.

So it will be sad if you are unable to finish school because of this small "set back".
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by onegig(m): 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
funkybaby:

Erm.... I won't be quick to blame the government on this one.

The OP's case is different. He brought this on himself. You fail your final exams =an extra year.

I'm willing to help because I know people that had an extra year at uni, some two sef that are successful and wealthy today.

So it will be sad if you are unable to finish school because of this small "set back".

I am not blaming the government and am not even looking at things from his own perspective.

Am just looking at the general view of the Nigerian educational sector. Everyday fees are been increased without the commensurate increase in the pay or some sort alleviation for a greater number of the middle class who struggle to send their wards to school.

Shouldn't there be incentives like scholarships and stuff to encourage the indigent but intelligent ones...What about student soft loans(like them paying half when they graduate or spread it over five years) I guess that's a discussion for another day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Snake In The Stomach / Health Benefits Of Raw Honey And Ginger That You Need To Know / God bless all Mothers. Amen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.