Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards (21561 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Do Pastors Really Believe In A "God" All Is It All An Act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by lalasticlala(m): 6:42am On Jul 27, 2014
I used to kick against Pastors moving about with bodyguards. I was like, what do they need bodyguards for, did Jesus move about with bodyguards?
But I seem to have a rethink now.
First, there are instances where pastors were reportedly killed abroad while preaching in the pulpit.
Then just few weeks ago, it was reported that a Nigerian Redeem Pastor was killed in the North by the dreaded insurgent group operating in those regions and his family abducted.
Although I doubt if the bodyguards could have withstood the attack had it been the pastor had bodyguards.
The security situation in the country has made the need for bodyguards by Nigerian pastors a desideratum and a sine qua non.

Then about my earlier thought about Jesus Christ not moving with bodyguards doing his time, I saw one comment sometime ago that seemed to buttress the fact that he did have bodyguards.

I think his disciples were his bodyguards.
They moved along with him wherever he went to.

Recall the time some children were trying to come to him and the disciples tried to prevent them but he told them to allow them.

In another instance, at the eve of Jesus' crucifixion, during his arrest, Peter used knife (arms) to cut off the ear of one of those that had come to arrest his master (oga) in an attempt to protect him.

So Nigerian pastors should have bodyguards if they wish but shouldn't use them to intimidate others.

Correct me where necessary.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by visasubagent: 6:50am On Jul 27, 2014
Well , these men can be equated with Jesus. Jesus was God and a man at the same time.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by gunuvi(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by pickabeau1: 7:41am On Jul 27, 2014
ok
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 27, 2014
There's nothing to justify their use of bodyguards, if they were truly called by God. smiley

Preaching of christ ministry is a matter of "life and death".

Or they should quit pastoring and extorting money from masses and less privileged. undecided

54 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by saintvc(m): 8:17am On Jul 27, 2014
Did jesus use body-guard?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by bellong: 8:32am On Jul 27, 2014
Humans will always have something to defend their selfish and ungodly actions......

32 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by kevoh(m): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2014
lalasticlala:
Then just few weeks ago, it was reported that a Nigerian Redeem Pastor was killed in the North by the dreaded insurgent group operating in those regions and his family abducted.
All Pastors should be ready to die and make HEAVEN. Stephen and a host of other apostles died while propagating the word of the Jewish God. Stop trying to justify this bodyguard nonsense.

43 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by ebamma(m): 9:21am On Jul 27, 2014
Psalm 27 verse 1 says
'The Lord is my light and
my salvation; whom shall
I fear? the Lord is the
strength of my life; of
whom shall I be afraid'.

any pastor were use bodyguard, na charlatan him be.

33 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Topgainer: 9:21am On Jul 27, 2014
What I see in it is Pastors not living what they preach.
Many times they quote fear not, yet they fear the most.
They say trust in the Lord with all your heart, yet they seek security through various means.

They say give all you have to the Lord and worry not about tomorrow yet their bank account savings and investments shows they feared tomorrow most
They spent huge amounts of money(offerings) to secure the services of Personal Security details.Where is that supported in the Bible

Okotie's Bodyguards looked so mean and could scare the demons off the faint-hearted

46 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by greall1: 9:22am On Jul 27, 2014
Funny. Abeg Next topic.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by bercarray(m): 9:22am On Jul 27, 2014
i'm coming lemme park,nw bk to d topic.
These reasns provided to me are,rubbish,jargons,fatous,nonsense &other synonyms. Why? bkus
1.)Why wld a pastor hire a fellow human being like him to die 4 him,so as 4 him to live,who doesn't enjoy ds lyf,or are dos body guard hopeless.
2.)jesus has disciples and if anytn happns to em,he is d healer,how many pastors now can heal. And if at all they can, so i see no reasns they shd av bdygrd
3.)avn physical bodygrds to prevent death,wht abt if u wantd to be killd spiritually,how many pastors can prevnt dat kinda death by d word of God,jst few
so dat death u dey run 4 con kill una at last
4.)if ds bodgrds killd someone while tryn to prevnt u,d sin is definitely urs
5.) d discipls protectd jesus bkus they knew jesur can die 4 em,bt hw many pastors fit die 4 persn
ha! Ds lyf,*in 2face's voice*nobody wan die bt dem wan go heavn

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Zinosalexander(m): 9:24am On Jul 27, 2014
Lol. Do you know what happened to the twelve apostles after Jesus died? they were all martyred. You would have thought they would get proper protection (bodyguard) after about 3 of them have been killed?

The truth is Nigerian Pastors do not need bodyguard. If they were truly called by God, they God will find a way to guide and protect them. I am not really into the bible but i am sure they is a place the bible says "if God does not watch over a city, the watchmen watch in vain".

Do you need more explanation? or are you okay?

33 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by suwailad(f): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2014
They are not afraid to die for Jesus bah.so are they saved? Where is their salvation? Christ said if you aint worthy to die for him you are as good as shitte.so oyedepo=shitte, okotie=shitte,etc

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by 1stola: 9:25am On Jul 27, 2014
yeye rogues
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by gbaskiboy: 9:25am On Jul 27, 2014
No love is greater than this 'that one should surrender his soul on behalf of his friends'. Jesus did just that. When they collect offering and tithes do they share it with their congregation? Or when they tour round the world using their private jet do they do it in company of their congregation? Jesus died for the course he was called upon, they should do the same if truly they are called by God as they always acclaimed.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by jibbish(m): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2014
If dem get d money,make dem use am. At least its nt my money dey r using.

@Op- Is it ur Money?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by suwailad(f): 9:27am On Jul 27, 2014
On a second note these pastors are protecting their business interests.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by NoContract(m): 9:28am On Jul 27, 2014
Ok

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 27, 2014
They are not God's Pastors, almost all of them are business men and CEOs of corporate churches. They need body guards to protect them against those they have duped, raped, taking advantage of, from the husbands of wives they slept with, from competitors who see them as a financial threat in the neighbourhood etc.

A real follower of Jesus does not need body guards because his goal and god is not MONEY or POPULARITY or FAME.

smiley

23 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:29am On Jul 27, 2014
By their body guards you shall know them.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by NoContract(m): 9:30am On Jul 27, 2014
Just passing

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 27, 2014
So pastors are now celebrities abi?

Soon they will be carrying guns around and some will even come to Sunday service in military helicopters afterall it for protection.

Men of God indeed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by NoContract(m): 9:32am On Jul 27, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 27, 2014
FrancisTony: There's nothing to justify their use of bodyguards, if they were truly called by God. smiley

Or they should quit pastoring and extorting money from masses and less privileged. undecided
Just cos its life and death don't mean they should ignore security challenges bro. These people got families and loved ones too. Happy sunday

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Lexusgs430: 9:34am On Jul 27, 2014
Nigerian Pastors aka clamouring for celebrity status

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 27, 2014
FrancisTony: There's nothing to justify their use of bodyguards, if they were truly called by God. smiley

How old are you ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by martyns303(m): 9:36am On Jul 27, 2014
Jesus Christ was sort after many times to be killed prior to him finally being arrested. At the point of him being arrested, one of his apostle took out a knife and cut off the ear of one of the arresting soldiers in an attempt to defend Jesus, but Jesus rebuked him, and even went ahead to heal the ear of the soldier. Am sure this is a demostration that there wasn't need for a defender (bodyguard). And if prosecutors should come, then one should face it, even with his life. A tough decision I know, but if u are not prepared for such sacrifice then u shouldn't take up a calling, u can't be enjoying the privilege and not make the sacrifice.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by cliffm43: 9:36am On Jul 27, 2014
THOSE SO CALLED PASTORS ARE NOT WORKING FOR GOD,THEY ARE WORKING FOR THEIR POCKETS..READ THE BIBLE WELL AND YOU WILL SEE OR HEAR ABOUT THE SUFFERINGS OF THOSE WHO ARE CALLED PREACHERS...THEY ARE READY TO DIE FOR CHRIST,BUT THESE PEOPLE THAT ARE ENRICHING THEIR POCKETS ARE NOT READY TO DIE FOR CHRIST,,,,NO GOOD PASTOR GOES AROUND WITH BODYGUARDS,,,,ALL OF THEM ARE FAKE...THEY ARE AFRAID TO DIE,,,LOOKING FOR MATERIAL THINGS AND NOT THE THINGS OF GOD...HEAVEN ON EARTH AND NOT THE ONES THAT BIBLE TALK ABOUT,,,,TAKING ALL KIND OF WOMEN THEY WANT AND SOME EVEN ENJOY ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE WHICH THE BIBLE TALK AGAINEST TOO.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 27, 2014
They don't need it cos the power of God should be sufficient for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by kstyle2(m): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2014
Dunno if they need or they don't. All i know is that my harvest and your harvest dis week will be like dis

31 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese / The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wife, Folu, On Her 73rd Birthday (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.