Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,089 members, 7,953,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) (39584 Views)

5 Interesting, Yet Wierd Facts About Nigerians / 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(pics) / Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Travelling To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by barresi(m): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
useless country where nothing works, with majority of it's people thinking with their anus. mtchewwwwww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
Lol nice @Op.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by momoyama: 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
barresi: useless country where nothing works, with majority of it's people thinking with their anus. mtchewwwwww

why did you have to bring the USA into this conversation??
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by amadice(m): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
anago9010:

wish you all that in million folds, plus incurable ailments, gigantic penury, poverty and misery. you are even a slave!!!!! you still hustle at alaba during holidays, your life must really suck.
.....back to sender
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by iamdsam: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Thanks for this your posts. The op spoilt this nice post when he mention about the Yorubas prostrating to greet. Are they the only tribe in Nigeria. There're numerous tribes in Nigeria with their own greeting styles. I'm an Urhobo and we kneel down to greet. We don't prostrate. Even the kneeling down is fast becoming a thing of the past
londoner:

Neither do we. In fact we actually don't wake our parents from bed. They are our parents and elders, not our children.

You have to educate yourself on the norms of people, other than your own tribe. Its only really Yoruba's or tribes that have close historical ties with Yoruba's that prostrate to greet.

Its not a general Nigerian norm or tradition.

If you are talking about Nigeria, you cant ignore all other tribes or social norms from other places.

We ALL make up Nigeria.
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by adamskutty(m): 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
all4naija:
Igbo language sounds very disturbing to the ears like a revving super-bike. Maybe that is the reason why Nigerians are mainly seen as noise-makers who are from the ethnic group in their loud-mouths.
crack da ribs. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by overhypedsteve(m): 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
adconline:
Dream on! Naija always using outliers as average. OBJ is an absurd example. How about that child selling "pure water" on the street? Literacy level in Naija is 60%, meaning only 6 out 10 Nigerians can read and write. Nigerians you see abroad are the best Naija has to offer, but it doesn't mean that everyone in Naija is like that. About 70million Nigerians can't read and write.
nobody asked you to pull out this shameful stats from yur a55, yuh still dont know what the op is talking abt, i jst wonder how you ve managed to avoid understandn this simple ish the op is saying, we re talking abt passion for something and you re busy pulling out stats from your a55

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by gozmaxs(m): 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
neuljosh: 4. Bizarre Greeting Culture
People abroad think our greeting methods and habits are bizarre.
Our greeting methods are part of our culture and that is why we stick to it. Our greeting styles (Ladies kneel down while Men prostrate on the floor) are part of our heritage, a sign of respect, it is who we are and we are proud of it.
op are you talking about Nigeria or the western part?
because na them get that eye service greeting and cook almost every meal with lots of red oil
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
all4naija:
Igbo language sounds very disturbing to the ears like a revving super-bike. Maybe that is the reason why Nigerians are mainly seen as noise-makers who are from the ethnic group in their loud-mouths.

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Mr9iceGuyDbrain: 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
bomb they this white people head
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Promolysis(m): 11:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
anago9010:

stories!!! tell your stories to peeps that have not been to alaigbo. I have to flog some knuckleheads not to call their parents by first names in the school I served.
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by adconline(m): 2:20am On Jul 29, 2014
overhypedsteve: nobody asked you to pull out this shameful stats from yur a55, yuh still dont know what the op is talking abt, i jst wonder how you ve managed to avoid understandn this simple ish the op is saying, we re talking abt passion for something and you re busy pulling out stats from your a55
You keep deluding yourself that we are "the best" in this and that... Just tell me who are we comparing our "best" to? A comparison is based on 2 or known conditions. Your posts are indicative of typical Naija mentality- inasmuch it doesn't affect us, it doesn't exist. Same way politicians ignore poverty rates because they are not affected; same way they ignore life expectancy because they can afford to go abroad for medical care.
Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by davidif: 3:35am On Jul 29, 2014
Awful post. It's annoying when a Nigerian tries to writes a post about what he thinks foreigners think about his country. What ethnocentrism! angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by davidif: 3:42am On Jul 29, 2014
adconline:
Dream on! Naija always using outliers as average. OBJ is an absurd example. How about that child selling "pure water" on the street? Literacy level in Naija is 60%, meaning only 6 out 10 Nigerians can read and write. Nigerians you see abroad are the best Naija has to offer, but it doesn't mean that everyone in Naija is like that. About 70million Nigerians can't read and write.

Gbosa!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 29, 2014
I find the topic's comic word usage & picture illustrations hillariously funny 2 extremes,@ OP,nice write-up. Yes Nigerians have certain essentric characteristics,so applied 2 every other country of the world. What I find the oddest,is our over-zealous religious nature,where we bring God into evrythng yet we know no Jack about repentance.(2)long leg/god-fatherism syndrome:d bane of our ill-functional national leadership(3)stereotyped increasing corruption rate,& careless accountability 2 the governed/electorate.May God help us.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by ceaser: 11:40am On Jul 30, 2014
hunter21: saying good morning everymorning

Yeah. That reminds me of the movie "Coming to America" where Akeem, an African prince newbie in the US woke up one morning and shouted from the balcony - "Good morning my neighbours".

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by neuljosh(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
enkay4love: I find the topic's comic word usage & picture illustrations hillariously funny 2 extremes,@ OP,nice write-up. Yes Nigerians have certain essentric characteristics,so applied 2 every other country of the world. What I find the oddest,is our over-zealous religious nature,where we bring God into evrythng yet we know no Jack about repentance.(2)long leg/god-fatherism syndrome:d bane of our ill-functional national leadership(3)stereotyped increasing corruption rate,& careless accountability 2 the governed/electorate.May God help us.

Thanks enkay for noticing that the trend was meant to be entertaining & hilarious just to make y'all laugh. Funny some folks take things too serious.
Just saying!

davidif: Awful post. It's annoying when a Nigerian tries to writes a post about what he thinks foreigners think about his country. What ethnocentrism! angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) by barresi(m): 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
momoyama:

why did you have to bring the USA into this conversation??
wetin be ya name? momoyama abi dodomayana, where u see usa for my post?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes A Lady Going To Market And Her Son Dead In Aba (Graphic Photos) / “Unidentified Flying Object” (UFO) Causes Panic In Benin, Edo State / Man Survives A Ghastly Motor Accident As His Car Crashes Into A Bush (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.