Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,801 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

. - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / . (28032 Views)

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) / Laptop/computer Repairs: Pls Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by onegig(m): 7:37am On Nov 10, 2014
Tyz:

thanks I will try dat.
No issues.
Re: . by cluzdcobra(m): 9:09am On Nov 10, 2014
Pls I got this problem with my laptop(Dell inspiron).recently wen I plug in the charger I noticed dat D̶̲̥̅̊ track pad n all oda external devices plugged 2 D̶̲̥̅̊ system via usb port e.g pad,mouse don't seem to work...but wen I remove D̶̲̥̅̊ charger evrythng comes bak 2 normal..n D̶̲̥̅̊ chargin seems S̤̥̈̊Ơ̴̴͡ slow now,takes too long to get even 10%...don't undrstnd it..pls help.
Re: . by onegig(m): 11:05am On Nov 10, 2014
cluzdcobra:
Pls I got this problem with my laptop(Dell inspiron).recently wen I plug in the charger I noticed dat D̶̲̥̅̊ track pad n all oda external devices plugged 2 D̶̲̥̅̊ system via usb port e.g pad,mouse don't seem to work...but wen I remove D̶̲̥̅̊ charger evrythng comes bak 2 normal..n D̶̲̥̅̊ chargin seems S̤̥̈̊Ơ̴̴͡ slow now,takes too long to get even 10%...don't undrstnd it..pls help.
The charger you are using ain't the recommended one.

Get another dell charger. It would end the issues you are currently facing with ypur system.
Re: . by lordmayor4(m): 11:57am On Nov 10, 2014
Anyone with a good working laptop for sale?
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
lordmayor4:
Anyone with a good working laptop for sale?

What's your budget bro? Here's one of the numerous others.

Brand:Dell Latitude E6400(Almost new) US used.
Processor Type: Intel Core Duo 2.53 GHz
Model:
Memory: 4 GB
Screen Size:14.1"
Hard Drive Capacity:750 GB
Backlit Keyboard: Yes
Dell Webcam: Yes; above LCD
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional
Asking Price: N65,000(Negotiable)
Re: . by ayobamiakinrind(m): 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
hello,pls this is my issue; I opened a HP 655 to remove a stucked sdcard. but in d process,I broke the HDD cord. pls can u sell this to me or help on how to get it.
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
ayobamiakinrind:
hello,pls this is my issue; I opened a HP 655 to remove a stucked sdcard. but in d process,I broke the HDD cord. pls can u sell this to me or help on how to get it.
I hope the cord didn't break off the board and damage the teeth.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
onegig:
I hope the cord didn't break off the board and damage the teeth. if there's no damage to the board then send me an sms on this 09032246899. Would reply on how you can go about it.
pls I just need an estimate, I'm bout purchasing this sony vaio laptop, the only problem is the charging port seem to be shaking, it will charge when U put it in the right angle, if not when plugged anyhow it won't charge.
Can You fix this? If yes I need an estimate pls.
Thanks.
Re: . by onegig(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
madridfc:
pls I just need an estimate, I'm bout purchasing this sony vaio laptop, the only problem is the charging port seem to be shaking, it will charge when U put it in the right angle, if not when plugged anyhow it won't charge.
Can You fix this? If yes I need an estimate pls.
Thanks.
Sorry. I won't be able to attend to you. Out of town currently. Its better you don't purchase such. Tell the seller to fix it first before you buy. Sometimes, there maybe other hidden issues with the system and it is best the seller fixes everything before you buy else you may have to incur such costs.

Also, when you say the charger shakes. it might be that thete is a problem at the point of contact which might require changing the total power point on the board and sometimes it maybe more extensive than such. So giving an estimate here would not be too ideal. You need to take it down to a Technician.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
onegig:
Sorry. I won't be able to attend to you. Out of town currently. Its better you don't purchase such. Tell the seller to fix it first before you buy. Sometimes, there maybe other hidden issues with the system and it is best the seller fixes everything before you buy else you may have to incur such costs.

Also, when you say the charger shakes. it might be that thete is a problem at the point of contact which might require changing the total power point on the board and sometimes it maybe more extensive than such. So giving an estimate here would not be too ideal. You need to take it down to a Technician.
Thanks, I've cancelled the purchase
Re: . by onegig(m): 6:18am On Nov 26, 2014
madridfc:

Thanks, I've cancelled the purchase

Ok. But if you are still interested in getting a system. I got some around here I can recommend at great prices.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
My sister sat on my laptop and the ink has covered the face of the screen that I can hardly see anything. Please sir, how do I do go about it?
Re: . by onegig(m): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ofumaria:
My sister sat on my laptop and the ink has covered the face of the screen that I can hardly see anything. Please sir, how do I do go about it?
Sorry about that. You need a new screen.

What is the model. .?

If its the generic 14 to 15 inches hp and dell laptop we have around. It can be replaced with a brand new one in 10 minutes.
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
To all esteemed clients and friends who have called in here and done biz with us this year. I saw a big thank you and compliments. Wishing you all a better and prosperous 2015.

You guys are numerous to mention and I can't recall all your ids.

Gboliwe,
joywendy
bellong
Adesuave
lordmayor4
ayobamiakinrind
fumaria
uzoexcel
ritzeluv
bizngr
honharr
bigdot1759
sokus
Semid4lyfe (our able super mod)
obadizena
talk2dre
basille
Joshua
Wilson

and numerous names I can't recall before the nairaland tsunami.

Thanks so much for your patronage.

Wishing to serve you more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by dreyolumight: 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
i was charging my hp entertainment, i put it on, bt intermittently bring blank screen, i checkd d ram, procssor, d problem persist. kindy hep me out
Re: . by Greatness1: 12:01am On Apr 08, 2015
Pls I got this problem with my laptop (hp pavilion dv4) plugged it n few minutes later the adapter got burnt...n the laptop won't power on n it also smells funny...pls help me.
Re: . by hob(m): 2:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
hello can u help with this issue on the screen of my laptop. there appears to be two vertical lines on the screen.

Re: . by holysaint1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Greatness1:
Pls I got this problem with my laptop (hp pavilion dv4) plugged it n few minutes later the adapter got burnt...n the laptop won't power on n it also smells funny...pls help me.

have you tried it with another charger ??
Re: . by holysaint1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
hob:
hello can u help with this issue on the screen of my laptop. there appears to be two vertical lines on the screen.

what kinda pc are you using.. ?
Re: . by onegig(m): 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
dreyolumight:
i was charging my hp entertainment, i put it on, bt intermittently bring blank screen, i checkd d ram, procssor, d problem persist. kindy hep me out

Is the caps locks blinking? Any led light showing?
Re: . by onegig(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
Greatness1:
Buy another charger and you would be fine. Or in the interim. Look for someone with your type of charger and test if your system works before proceeding to buy a new charger. I doubt anything is wrong with your system though. The way adapters work actually prevents power surges to proceed onto to a motherboard.
Re: . by onegig(m): 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
hob:
what's your system model? You have to buy a new screen. That screen is damaged and with time the number of lines would increase.
Re: . by onegig(m): 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
Greatness1:
Buy another charger and you would be fine. Or in the interim. Look for someone with your type of charger and test if your system works before proceeding to buy a new charger. I doubt anything is wrong with your system though. The way adapters work actually prevents power surges to proceed onto to a motherboard.
Re: . by Greatness1: 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
onegig:
thanks for replying...used someone else charger and its still not working...the laptop smells like something burnt... thanks
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
Greatness1:
thanks for replying...used someone else charger and its still not working...the laptop smells like something burnt... thanks
Then the board is burnt. What's the model?
Re: . by Greatness1: 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
onegig:
Then the board is burnt. What's the model?
Hp pavilion dv4-1428dx
Re: . by Greatness1: 11:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
holysaint1:

have you tried it with another charger ??
Done that...still won't power on
Re: . by hob(m): 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
hp pavillion TS 15 Notebook pc
Re: . by hob(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
holysaint1:

what kinda pc are you using.. ?
Re: . by hob(m): 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
onegig:
what's your system model? You have to buy a new screen. That screen is damaged and with time the number of lines would increase.
Re: . by Greatness1: 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Greatness1:

Hp pavilion dv4-1428dx
can u fix it?...
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2015
Greatness1:
can u fix it?...
don't think so. Maybe the power module and if it's extensive, it useless replacing so many burnt ic on the board. Better to buy a new board.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Affordable Uk used laptops for sale / Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) / TECNO Unveils Megabook T1 10th Generation Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.